HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Chicago Blackhawks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Montreal trades?

Old
01-26-2012, 12:26 PM
habsroom

vCash: 500
Montreal trades?

I am a Montreal fan and it looks like we will be missing the playoffs this year unless we go on an amazing win streak in the next 3 weeks. I think the Hawks will be 1 of the teams that have a chance to win the Cup so I guess that would make you guys buyers at the trade deadline. Montreal have a few ufa's that might interest you and some might be a good fit for your team,here they are........

Travis Moen = He is 29 ,6'2/ 215 UFA winger with a 1.5 cap hit.He plays with grit and will drop the gloves when needed. He is great on the PK and in a shut down role, he is on pace to score around 15 goals and has won the Cup before with the Ducks

Andrei Kostitsyn = He is 26, 6'1/ 215 ufa winger with a 3.25 cap hit.He has avg over 20 goals a year the last 4 years with the HABS and is on pace for another 20 goals this season.

Mathieu Darche = He is 35 ,6'1/ 220 ufa winger with a .700 cap hit. He would be a depth player that could fill in on the power play if needed.

Mike Blunden = He is 25 ,6'4 /220, ufa centre/winger with a .600 cap hit.He plays with grit and will fight if needed and would fit well on a teams fourth line.

Hal Gill = He is 36, 6'7 /245 ufa defenseman with a 2.25 cap hit. Gill is great on the PK and would be good as a teams 5/6 defenseman. He brings leadership and has won a Cup.

Chris Campoli = He is 27, 6 /200 ufa defenseman with a 1.75 cap hit. Campoli is a puck moving dman thatcan play on the power play and has scored over 30 points twice in the NHL.

Kaberle = He is 33, 6'1 215 defensemen and has 2 years left on his deal at 4.25Kaberle has score 13 points in 20 games since coming to Montreal last month, a pace of 53 points over a full year.He could help a team on the power play and won a cup last year with Boston.

Which players would fit best on your team? and what would you be offering for them. thanks and good luck in the playoffs.

habsroom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2012, 12:38 PM
Blackhawkswincup
Tornado Warning

vCash: 302
Quote:
Originally Posted by habsroom View Post
I am a Montreal fan and it looks like we will be missing the playoffs this year unless we go on an amazing win streak in the next 3 weeks. I think the Hawks will be 1 of the teams that have a chance to win the Cup so I guess that would make you guys buyers at the trade deadline. Montreal have a few ufa's that might interest you and some might be a good fit for your team,here they are........

Travis Moen = He is 29 ,6'2/ 215 UFA winger with a 1.5 cap hit.He plays with grit and will drop the gloves when needed. He is great on the PK and in a shut down role, he is on pace to score around 15 goals and has won the Cup before with the Ducks

Andrei Kostitsyn = He is 26, 6'1/ 215 ufa winger with a 3.25 cap hit.He has avg over 20 goals a year the last 4 years with the HABS and is on pace for another 20 goals this season.

Mathieu Darche = He is 35 ,6'1/ 220 ufa winger with a .700 cap hit. He would be a depth player that could fill in on the power play if needed.

Mike Blunden = He is 25 ,6'4 /220, ufa centre/winger with a .600 cap hit.He plays with grit and will fight if needed and would fit well on a teams fourth line.

Hal Gill = He is 36, 6'7 /245 ufa defenseman with a 2.25 cap hit. Gill is great on the PK and would be good as a teams 5/6 defenseman. He brings leadership and has won a Cup.

Chris Campoli = He is 27, 6 /200 ufa defenseman with a 1.75 cap hit. Campoli is a puck moving dman thatcan play on the power play and has scored over 30 points twice in the NHL.

Kaberle = He is 33, 6'1 215 defensemen and has 2 years left on his deal at 4.25Kaberle has score 13 points in 20 games since coming to Montreal last month, a pace of 53 points over a full year.He could help a team on the power play and won a cup last year with Boston.

Which players would fit best on your team? and what would you be offering for them. thanks and good luck in the playoffs.
Moen = Yep very much would like to see him on Hawks

Kostitsyn wouldn't be terrible rental if Hawks were to move Sharp back to C and put Kostitsyn at LW on 2nd line

I am not sold on Gill having much left so I dont want to see him on Hawks + he would do awful if Hawks got matched up vs faster team in playoffs such as Nucks or Preds

Darche is an average/below average 4th liner who wouldn't add much to Hawks while Blunden would be our worst forward if he came back to Chicago (He is worse player then Bickell IMO)

Kaberle is awful as is his contract and Campoli is awful and burned his bridges anyway

2nd + mid level prospect for Kostitsyn at deadline
3rd + low level prospect (Lalonde or Didomenico/Flick) at deadline

Blackhawkswincup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2012, 12:39 PM
digdug41982

vCash: 50
Plekanec for 2012 1st, 2012 2nd and Morin. Moen for 2013 2nd.

digdug41982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2012, 01:33 PM
brtriad

Send a message via AIM to brtriad
I'd like Moen and Gill on the Hawks.

brtriad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2012, 03:48 PM
habsroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by coldsteelonice84 View Post
Plekanec for 2012 1st, 2012 2nd and Morin. Moen for 2013 2nd.
That seems to be a fair trade, Is Morin better than McNeil? If you offered Morin and McNeil and 1 first round 2012 and 1 2nd round 2012 for Moen and Plekanec I would be all over it

habsroom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2012, 05:17 PM
ChiGuySez
Showtime

Travis Moen - been there, done that.
Andrei Kostitsyn - Russian or Belarus to be more precise. Hawks do not have a very good history there. Probably most definitely a better scorer than Frolik but probably not defensively. Will not be skating on the top 2 lines. 3.5M, no thanks.
Mathieu Darche - 35, no thanks.
Mike Blunden - younger version of Moen. been there done that as well.
Hal Gill - OMG. can he still skate? I hear Cullimore is available.
Chris Campoli - Lol.
Thomas Kaberle - hasnt scored a pp goal in the last 2 years which makes him useless. 4.5M.

Gionta, Gomez, Kaberle... the list of worthless signings continues in Montreal.

Good luck with finding some team to trade with.

ChiGuySez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2012, 05:25 PM
Not Now John
We've gotta get on.

vCash: 2210
Quote:
Originally Posted by habsroom View Post

Moen-I would personally buy this guy's ticket on the next United flight from Montreal to O'Hare.

Kostitsyn- Or should I buy this guy's ticket??...

Darche- Um, no thank you.

Blunden- Don't know much about the guy but the Hawks have enough 4th liners already.

Gill- My God, this guy still plays? He still skates!?

Campoli- He doesn't want to be here (for whatever reason) and he couldn't care less. Neither could I. Ruined our season last year.

Kaberle- They say he's a QB on the power play but no PP goals in the last 2 years, funny funny stuff...

One guy not on your list that would fit like a glove on the Hawks is PK. I've heard it elsewhere and I'll echo whoever said it: For a city where Bolland is a fan-favorite, I don't see why his attitude should be a problem.

Not Now John is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2012, 06:58 PM
PPQB

Moen for Bickell and a 3rd

Gill for Lepisto and a 3rd

AK for a 2nd and ok prospect like Rensfeldt or Lalonde

About as much as I'd give for any of those guys. Montreal can probably get more elsewhere, wouldn't break my heart to miss out on any of them though.

PPQB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2012, 01:14 AM
HockeySensible
Smug Teuvo

Absolutely zero interest in Blunden, Kaberle, Kostitsyn and Darche. Moen, I'd be willing to give up a 3rd for and Campoli and Gill would both be improvements to our defense, but Chicago needs someone more capable. The Hawks need a bonafide top-4 Dman so they can actually have confidence in all three defense pairings.

HockeySensible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2012, 02:42 AM
RomersWorld*

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiGuySez View Post
Travis Moen - been there, done that.
Andrei Kostitsyn - Russian or Belarus to be more precise. Hawks do not have a very good history there. Probably most definitely a better scorer than Frolik but probably not defensively. Will not be skating on the top 2 lines. 3.5M, no thanks.
Mathieu Darche - 35, no thanks.
Mike Blunden - younger version of Moen. been there done that as well.
Hal Gill - OMG. can he still skate? I hear Cullimore is available.
Chris Campoli - Lol.
Thomas Kaberle - hasnt scored a pp goal in the last 2 years which makes him useless. 4.5M.

Gionta, Gomez, Kaberle... the list of worthless signings continues in Montreal.

Good luck with finding some team to trade with.
Did he offend you or something? Why do you need to be a dbag?

RomersWorld* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2012, 05:40 AM
Bubba88
Toews = Savior

not interested in a MTL Player. Price and Subban for sure

Bubba88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2012, 07:04 AM
Not Now John
We've gotta get on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubba88 View Post
not interested in a MTL Player. Price and Subban for sure
Price for Toews. Please, we need a goalie!

Old
01-27-2012, 11:22 AM
BobbyJet
HFB Partner

I would like to see Campoli fire his agent if necessary, Stan and Chris swallow their egos and iron out any differences then get him back here. It certainly is not a barn burner of a deal but Campoli should fit in quickly as a capable 5th dman. At 1.75 M, that would leave cap space for a top 6 forward and/or another dman, preferably a physical one, and/or a goalie (depending on who we could unload).

BobbyJet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2012, 12:05 PM
KanetoToews2883

Quote:
Originally Posted by BelugasandBHawks View Post
Suggesting the Hawks deal Toews should be grounds for banning from HF.

KanetoToews2883 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2012, 04:58 PM
Not Now John
We've gotta get on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KanetoToews2883 View Post
Suggesting the Hawks deal Toews should be grounds for banning from HF.
You make a good point. Keith for Price!

Old
01-28-2012, 05:13 AM
Bubba88
Toews = Savior

there are much better options in free agency than Campoli - an undersized guy that can't PK

Old
01-28-2012, 05:53 PM
Blackhawkswincup
Tornado Warning

Quote:
Originally Posted by BelugasandBHawks View Post
I am all for giving up David Toews for Price

Old
01-30-2012, 02:34 PM
Blue Liner

The blind hate for Campoli and complete disregard for honest assessment of his ability is one of the most baffling things I can think of on this board. That, or people just truly don't know what they're looking at out there sometimes. Man oh man.

Blue Liner is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2012, 02:46 PM
Bubba88
Toews = Savior

Campoli was bad in the POs. Not interested in players that have proven to be a failure in pressure situations.

Old
01-30-2012, 03:48 PM
BobbyJet
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Liner View Post
The blind hate for Campoli and complete disregard for honest assessment of his ability is one of the most baffling things I can think of on this board. That, or people just truly don't know what they're looking at out there sometimes. Man oh man.
Indeed! I recall late last season an Ottawa fan opened or joined a thread asking for opinions about Campoli. There were many good things said, by many here, and they were warranted. He came to the Hawks last year, fit in very quickly and played very well, and is one of the reasons we made it into the playoffs last season. Stan made a brutal mistake letting Campoli go after trading Campbell. I said it then and I say it now. Just look at our goals against.

And all these know-it-alls who had turned on Campoli, to a man, said acquiring Lepisto was only a slight downgrade. What a joke.

BobbyJet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2012, 04:32 PM
Blue Liner

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyJet View Post
Indeed! I recall late last season an Ottawa fan opened or joined a thread asking for opinions about Campoli. There were many good things said, by many here, and they were warranted. He came to the Hawks last year, fit in very quickly and played very well, and is one of the reasons we made it into the playoffs last season. Stan made a brutal mistake letting Campoli go after trading Campbell. I said it then and I say it now. Just look at our goals against.

And all these know-it-alls who had turned on Campoli, to a man, said acquiring Lepisto was only a slight downgrade. What a joke.
Well, I'll admit I was a little skeptical bringing him back even post-Campbell just because of what he was asking at the time. Even with the cap space I didn't want to give it away just for the sake of giving it away simply because it was there to use. That said, I always was a backer of his as a player, strictly speaking, and thought he was a good fit once he came aboard last year and would still be a good fit. With the benefit of hindsight, his current salary, and how much salary room the Hawks current have, I'd be fine with him here currently. Said it before and said it again, consciously or subconsciously, "the turnover" has to have some still burning, but you can't let one error cloud the total evaluation of a player. I think he gets a lot of unwarranted disregard/hate in this forum and it's just goofy to me.

Blue Liner is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2012, 08:00 PM
Blackhawkswincup
Tornado Warning

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyJet View Post

Yeah Campoli and his 1 goal + 1 assists and -3 while being benched in Montreal is sure missed

Campoli made the mistake when he tried to force Bowman to pay him

Bowman said no thanks we are fine with Leddy in top 4 role ,, And here we are Hawks a top team in West and Leddy developing

Campoli on trade block and struggling in Montreal while being boo'd by there fans who cant wait for him to be gone

In end Hawks offered Campoli a lifeline for his career and he decided $$$ is all that mattered and tried to hold Hawks hostage

Old
01-30-2012, 09:19 PM
moose vasko

Campoli = Steve Bartman on skates.

moose vasko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2012, 11:13 PM
zytz
lumberjack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubba88 View Post
Campoli was bad in the POs. Not interested in players that have proven to be a failure in pressure situations.
One seven game series is proven? Lots of players were bad in that series.

Anyways, too many people in Chicago will have Campoli rage until the end of time. Despite the overall good fit he was with us, he won't be coming back.

zytz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2012, 11:42 PM
brtriad

Send a message via AIM to brtriad
I liked Campoli, and I still like him at his current cap hit. It's foolish to judge him on one play no matter how boneheaded it may be. Still, I believe he burned that bridge with Bowman. The weasel does not seem like one to admit he's wrong and bring back player he had a spat with.

brtriad is offline   Reply With Quote