HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Chicago Blackhawks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Looking back at moves Bowman made

Old
03-30-2016, 09:32 AM
Blackhawkswincup
Tornado Warning

vCash: 302
Looking back at moves Bowman made

They are looking pretty bad right now

1) Ladd has been underwhelming
2) Hoff has been disaster and Hawks will be eating dead cap because of Stanley dealing with his previous mistakes (Daley + Scuderi) on top of it
3) Weise has been terrible

Flash looks good but Hawks overpaid badly in Habs deal

Still some hope that Ladd or Flash can have strong playoff and team wins cup but right now things are not looking so good

Last edited by Blackhawkswincup: 03-30-2016 at 09:47 AM.
Blackhawkswincup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2016, 09:55 AM
stahl

vCash: 500
Ladd has been playing fine.

stahl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2016, 09:56 AM
RememberTheRoar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackhawkswincup View Post

2) Hoff has been disaster and Hawks will be eating dead cap because of Stanley dealing with his previous mistakes (Daley + Scuderi) on top of it

Still some hope that Ladd or Flash can have strong playoff and team wins cup but right now things are not looking so good
How do you figure? Hasn't he been exactly what we expected?

RememberTheRoar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2016, 10:02 AM
scarchelli

How does someone look back at his deadline moves, considering the playoffs haven't even started yet?

Last edited by scarchelli: 03-30-2016 at 10:20 AM.
scarchelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2016, 10:04 AM
Blue Liner

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarchelli View Post
How does look back at his deadline moves, considering the playoffs haven't even started yet?
Because BWC narratives.

Blue Liner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2016, 10:12 AM
kmwtrucks

WE traded for a 2 line LW and 2 3-4 line guys. yes we overpaid for them but Ladd has been fine, flesch has been good and Weiss has been given no chance. other then Weiss they have all played ok in my eye's considering who they were not what we traded for them. They Timo deal in comparison is way worse then both of these deals 2 2nds and $750 cap hit this year. The scuds for daley deal was way worse. trading a 4 or 5 defender for a 7 makes no sense.

kmwtrucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2016, 10:14 AM
ChiHawk21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackhawkswincup View Post

or you can go.

1.Flash has looked better then expected.
2.Ladd is starting to gel with toews and hossa
3.We traded away AHL Scuderi for a possible playoff 6/7 d man in erhoff
4. Weise can only get better going into the playoffs

ChiHawk21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2016, 10:40 AM
No Fun Shogun
Global Moderator
34-38-61-10-13-15

vCash: 0
Ladd - Getting better. Too early to judge.
Weise - Worse than expected, but still too early to judge.
Flash - Better than expected, but yet again still too early to judge.
Ehrhoff - ..... we got him by getting rid of Scuderi. Whatever, don't care.

Nerd, don't estimate all humanity by the limits of your own capability. - Steve Smith, Professor of History, University of China, IL
No Fun Shogun is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2016, 10:46 AM
abt424

Quote:
Originally Posted by No Fun Shogun View Post
Ladd - Getting better. Too early to judge.
Weise - Worse than expected, but still too early to judge.
Flash - Better than expected, but yet again still too early to judge.
Ehrhoff - ..... we got him by getting rid of Scuderi. Whatever, don't care.

All I know is the team is a mess right now. First time in years they can't seem to get anything going on either end. And the blowouts are starting to pile up.

Something is off. It's hard to believe they're resting for the playoffs as when you acquire a bunch of new pieces it's not the time to rest.

It's the time to gel.

I know the team looked terrible going into the playoffs last year, but I can't remember it being this bad since ... well ... I actually don't know when.

abt424 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2016, 11:01 AM
arsenalgooner

Quote:
Originally Posted by abt424 View Post
All I know is the team is a mess right now. First time in years they can't seem to get anything going on either end. And the blowouts are starting to pile up.

Something is off. It's hard to believe they're resting for the playoffs as when you acquire a bunch of new pieces it's not the time to rest.

It's the time to gel.

I know the team looked terrible going into the playoffs last year, but I can't remember it being this bad since ... well ... I actually don't know when.
Since they lost 9 in a row in 2011-2012 and were outscored 33-17? Then they won 4 in a row. Then lost 3 in a row... I think they were the #1 team in the league when the slide began and ended up finishing 6th in the conference (5th on points).

arsenalgooner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2016, 11:05 AM
BobbyJet
HFB Partner

There's little to be gained by going back now.... but one can't help but wonder once again if Q and Stan are on the same page. Both Weise and Ehrhoff have been frequent scratches since they were acquired which makes little sense to me. I assume both knew what they were getting but it seems that Q wants instant chemistry from the new players which is ridiculous to expect... and the situation is compounded by having potential PO performers not even playing at this point in the RS.

So Ehrhoff struggled last night as did most of the team. Does this mean he goes back to press box? Normally it would be likely but probably not now .... not with the Keith situation being what it is, but Q needs to give these players some time to get comfortable if he wants anything from them in the post season. DOH! Some of Q's decisions can be so dam frustrating.

BobbyJet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2016, 11:36 AM
SAADfather
#TeuvoTime

Lol jesus your narratives are getting as tired as fiddy's rants.

Ladd has been just fine.
Flash has exceeded expectations
Ehrhoff has been better than I was expecting aswell. I make that deal 10/10.

SAADfather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2016, 11:41 AM
BobbyJet
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAADfather View Post
Lol jesus your narratives are getting as tired as fiddy's rants.

Ladd has been just fine.
Flash has exceeded expectations
Ehrhoff has been better than I was expecting aswell. I make that deal 10/10.
Yet Ehrhoff sits more than he plays. I suppose your fine with that? ... and you don't mention Weise at all. Nothing to see in your post.

Old
03-30-2016, 11:45 AM
Hawkaholic

Really happy with Ladd, and Flash. Weise has been a bit disappointing, and this team is too deep to give him the proper time he needs. I don't mind sitting Panik or Desi for him, but that's splitting hairs as far as who is better.

Ehrhoff is a bit better than I expected, but still not a guy who should be playing as much as people are advocating him to be. A 3rd pairing guy rotating in and out of the lineup is about right for him.

Hawkaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2016, 11:48 AM
SAADfather
#TeuvoTime

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyJet View Post
Yet Ehrhoff sits more than he plays. I suppose your fine with that? ... and you don't mention Weise at all. Nothing to see in your post.
Because Q always makes the correct roster moves in the regular season right? If it was up to me Ehrhoff would have been a regular by now. Don't see the point in that but okay. And you got me Weise has been underwhelming in the 10 game's hes played here. I thought he was better in the past few games he's played though. Really worth being a dick for no reason?

Weise has been underwhelming so lets trash everything else for no reason. Makes sense.

Old
03-30-2016, 11:49 AM
Stu Grimson

LOL never fails with the two usual suspects here

Stu Grimson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2016, 11:51 AM
ChiHawk21

Quote:
erhoff has played more then scuderi would have..Im fine with that. Weise is about how good Vermette was before the playoffs. How did that work for you??

ChiHawk21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2016, 11:53 AM
Red Mosquito

The team has taken a major turn to the south since these deals came down. Hopefully they are just coasting until the playoffs.....

Red Mosquito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2016, 11:58 AM
BobbyJet
HFB Partner

Quote:
Because Q always makes the correct roster moves in the regular season right? If it was up to me Ehrhoff would have been a regular by now. Don't see the point in that but okay. And you got me Weise has been underwhelming in the 10 game's hes played here. I thought he was better in the past few games he's played though. Really worth being a dick for no reason?

Weise has been underwhelming so lets trash everything else for no reason. Makes sense.
There was no trashing of players from me. Just questioning why we would pick up Weise/Ehrhoff at the TD and then have them spend this much time in the press box. Surely Stan and Q discussed the possible deals at the TD before they were made, and how they would fit in.

Old
03-30-2016, 11:59 AM
hawksrule
Odd Little Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by arsenalgooner View Post
Since they lost 9 in a row in 2011-2012 and were outscored 33-17? Then they won 4 in a row. Then lost 3 in a row... I think they were the #1 team in the league when the slide began and ended up finishing 6th in the conference (5th on points).
The blowouts are getting to me. It's one thing to lose, it's another to not even be competitive. Feels like we've lost a ton of games 4-1.

hawksrule is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2016, 12:02 PM
SAADfather
#TeuvoTime

Quote:
There was no trashing of players from me. Just questioning whywe would pick up Weise/Ehrhoff at the TD and then have them spend this much time in the press box. Surely Stan and Q discussed the possible deals at the TD before they were made.
Ehrhoff shouldn't really be a question. We dumped Scuderi for him who was never going to play another game with the Hawks. Even if Ehrhoff never played a game, trashing that trade is beyond stupid. Weise has honestly just gotten outplayed by Panik (which was a great trade that conveniently gets left out). I dont see that as a terrible thing. Competition and having good healthy scratches that are ready to go in the playoffs is a good thing.

Old
03-30-2016, 12:06 PM
Hawkaholic

Quote:
Ehrhoff shouldn't really be a question. We dumped Scuderi for him who was never going to play another game with the Hawks. Even if Ehrhoff never played a game, trashing that trade is beyond stupid. Weise has honestly just gotten outplayed by Panik (which was a great trade that conveniently gets left out). I dont see that as a terrible thing. Competition and having good healthy scratches that are ready to go in the playoffs is a good thing.
Agree, I also don't think they expected Flash to play as well as he has. I think he was more of a throw in in the trade, and Weise was the main guy. Sometimes guys workout and others don't.

Old
03-30-2016, 12:10 PM
abt424

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawksrule View Post
The blowouts are getting to me. It's one thing to lose, it's another to not even be competitive. Feels like we've lost a ton of games 4-1.
Probably because it means even when they try to turn it on it isn't working.

That's what I'm worried about.

Typically, even when the really good teams lose, they make a game of it 99% of the time. Because if they're down 3-1 or 4-1 in the third period, their natural competitive nature (and all these guys are competitive) kicks in and they end up making a game of it. They might lose, but they usually score a goal or two to make it respectable and leave some reasonable doubt when it comes to the outcome.

That's not happening with the Blackhawks.

I'm actually surprised that (besides the usual suspects) this board isn't freaking out more.

abt424 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2016, 12:16 PM
Hawkaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by abt424 View Post
I'm actually surprised that (besides the usual suspects) this board isn't freaking out more.
Yeah, it is a little surprising. I personally don't "care" that much. I care, I love the Hawks and want them to be successful, but we have seen 3 cups in 6 years. That is a great accomplishment and I'm not going to get too upset if they don't do some damage this year.

Old
03-30-2016, 12:38 PM
JaegerDice
Q Gonna Q

1) Ladd is only a disappointment to those who expected him to be an elite finisher. He's pretty much what I expected him to be, which is why I always said Eriksson or Staal would have been the better gets for thr 1st round price. But neither were available to the Blackhawks.

Stan made the best upgrade for the LW spot available.

2) Ehrhoff has one bad game and you're ready to decree him terrible, yet Rozsival can be hot garbage any time he plays more than one game in a row without 3 days rest between and you defend his terrible play as if he's a hall-of-famer. It's hilarious nonsense.

Ehrhoff has been the 3rd or 4th best defensemen on this team since he arrived. Yes, that's an indictment of the rest of the Dcorps as much as it is a compliment to Ehrhoff, but one game doesn't change the fact that he's a useful asset that should continue to see playing time.

Plus, we got rid of Scuderi for him. If you want to talk about trades that shouldn't have been made, Daley for Scuderi is the one to look at.

3) Weise is a physical bottom sixer. I'm not sure why Stan felt the need to go get one, but he'll fill that role fine. And frankly, I prefer the 13th forward on this team be somebody with actual baseline NHL talent, instead of the kind of scubs Q usually likes to sub in (Bollig, Mashinter, etc).

Bonus) Fleishman has been great.

Stan did a fine job adding around the edges of the core. As always, it will be up to the core's performance to decide this team's success. Everything else is complimentary.

If Toews, Hossa, Seabrook in particular do not raise their game, then the Blackhawks are pretty screwed, because it will be very difficult to win with one legit scoring line and 2 bonafide top-4 defensemen unless Corey Crawford delivers the performance of a lifetime.

JaegerDice is offline   Reply With Quote