HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Hamilton Bulldogs Vs. Manitoba Moose

Closed Thread

Old
10-18-2004, 06:11 AM
All-Star

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by patp77
a "give it all every shift" attitude
That's exactly what Jarvis said he was looking for from Kostitsyn; positioning will come later.

Old
10-18-2004, 07:05 AM
mcphee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanye West
Itz pure BS I think what Jarvis is doing to Kostitsyn... Kovalchuck didn't need some flipping communication,adjustment understanding system time... they let him play.... Talented players don't always need to be able to communicate perfectly with who they are with... he showed it in the pre-season that he CAN play... WHY is it that now he needs an adjustment period? I know we can't be too hard on him... but c'mon Jarvis... what worked for Perez won't necessarily be what you need to get Kostitsyn going... he might need less of this stuff... Let the Kid PLAY!!
What's the rush ? I trust in Jarvis' reasoning. Montreal had a guy in the 60's who came up with a bigger rep. than Kostitsyn, and Toe Blake just used him on power plays and spot duty until he learned the entire game. Guy's name was Cournoyer and it worked OK. I think with prospects, and keep in mind that the team has more than a few prospects on it, it is crucial to make them realize that icetime is earned and based on trust. I've not seen a shift, but Jarvis came up thru the best possible circumstances in Jr. and NHL, and understands whatever lessons must be taught. Like I said, I don't know the hows or whys of line combos or icetime, but I'd cut Jarvis a lot of slack. You don't hang around with Neilson,Bowman and Gainey and not learn something.

Old
10-18-2004, 11:28 AM
NWT Habs Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcphee
What's the rush ? I trust in Jarvis' reasoning. Montreal had a guy in the 60's who came up with a bigger rep. than Kostitsyn, and Toe Blake just used him on power plays and spot duty until he learned the entire game. Guy's name was Cournoyer and it worked OK. I think with prospects, and keep in mind that the team has more than a few prospects on it, it is crucial to make them realize that icetime is earned and based on trust. I've not seen a shift, but Jarvis came up thru the best possible circumstances in Jr. and NHL, and understands whatever lessons must be taught. Like I said, I don't know the hows or whys of line combos or icetime, but I'd cut Jarvis a lot of slack. You don't hang around with Neilson,Bowman and Gainey and not learn something.
Well, I personally saw every shift Kosty had in the two games in Edmonton this weekend and although he wasn't getting lots of ice time, the most noticeable thing was the time that Jarvis was spent coaching him one on one. After each shift, Jarvis would go over some part of Kosty's play and provide feedback to him on the bench. Jarvis is clearly making developing Kosty into a much more rounded hockey player a priority of his, and if it means spending more time coaching and less time with him on the ice until he learns all these good habits, then I trust Jarvis as well. After all, Andrei is the youngest guy on the team with likely the most raw of talents (although his incredible offensive skills are undeniable), so a little more time developing good two-way skills in the early part of the season will likely pay big dividends in the long run.

Old
10-18-2004, 02:23 PM
Raider917

vCash: 179
whats the hurry anyway? where is he going to go if he improves his play to the NHL level?

Old
10-18-2004, 02:27 PM
Crusher20

Send a message via AIM to Crusher20 Send a message via Yahoo to Crusher20
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider917
whats the hurry anyway? where is he going to go if he improves his play to the NHL level?
be ready to dominate HXL when hockey reborns in 5 years.

:mad:

Old
10-18-2004, 04:01 PM
NWT Habs Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by espion
Has anyone figured out what the set lines are. I know
Higgins-Plekanec-Milroy is the 1st line, butwhat after that? Is AK17 playing on the 4th line? Because the top 3 lines usually get decent ice time... so as long as he is on 1 of the top 3, i va débloquer un jour...
On Friday, these were the line combos (Jarvis plays around with lines, they can only dress 11 forwards so one short of 4 full lines, and Ivanans was kicked out early):

Higgins-Pleky-Milroy
Thinel-Locke-Ott
Ott-Locke-Kosty
Ivanans-Morgan-Ferland
Lambert-Morgan-Thinel
Ott-Morgan-Kosty

Hainsey-Plante
Hainsey-Daley (late in game)
Jancevski-Daley
Jancevski-Plante (late in game)
Shasby-Archer

On Saturday, Carpentier replaced Lambert and these were the main lines all night:

Higgins-Pleky-Milroy
Carpentier-Morgan-Ferland
Ott-Locke-Kosty
Ivanans-Higgins-Thinel

Higgins was double shifted with the two extra forwards and played centre at times.

Hainsey-Daley
Jancevski-Plante
Shasby-Archer

I don't know about the line combos for last night's game.

Closed Thread