HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Who's your team's trade bait?

Old
01-27-2012, 08:52 AM
hockeyball

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by thepuckmonster View Post
Curious, why is Murray being shopped you think? I thought he was one of SJs most solid defensemen last year? Has he dropped off quite a bit?
No, he's as good as ever, we've just got a logjam and Murray is the easiest to replace. Plus he's a UFA after next season anyway, and very unlikely he'll be re-signed because of the logjam, so he's a short-timer anyway.

Clowe is kind of in the same situation, will likely get overpaid as a UFA and we will let him walk.

I doubt either is being shopped, but for the right player, its possible.

hockeyball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2012, 08:55 AM
nmbr_24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Danglefest View Post
Boston doesn't have any bait aside from young guys like caron, spooner knight, etc. So I suppose picks and prospects.

Don't really need anything of importance enough to trade guys like that (maybe caron)
I think the Bruins need a depth d-man and a depth forward. The d-man should be a guy who can play in the bottom half of the D, a #4 guy would fit the bill very well and as far as forwards go, a veteran who can still score a few goals in big games and play on the 3rd line is ideal.

The D is much more important in my opinion, a defensive defenseman who can skate well is ideal.

Trade bait is probably:

Hamill
Caron
basically anyone in the AHL
1st and 3rd round picks in 2012.

nmbr_24 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2012, 09:14 AM
Fallenity

vCash: 950
Ducks

Lydman - Good all-around defenseman, can play in any teams 2nd pair.

Ryan - Most likely, if one of the RPG will be moved. Which would require a blockbuster deal.

Visnovsky - Our best offensive defenseman, had an up and down season due to injuries. Good PP quarterback. In the future, overlapping roles with Fowler. Plus Ducks got offensive D's coming from the pipe.

Blake / Hagman / Cogliano - Cogliano most likely, if someone will take him despite contract and bad rep. Hagman plays well in any line and I'd especially like to keep him if Ryan gets traded. Blake just seems to have a bigger impact then is apparent, I hope Ducks resign him if he takes a paycut and Koivu stays.

Jean Francois Jacques - 4th line grinder / enforcer, overlapping roles with Parros. Dump for a pick.

Dan Ellis or Deslauriers - Anaheim's got enough backup goalies for three NHL teams. Tarkki, Bobkov, Gibson can take their place. But as the case with Niittymäki shows, not much market for goalies right now (for some reason).

Brookbank - 3rd pair physical offensive defenseman, with not that much offensive upside. Dump for picks.

Rod Pelley - As a small part of a bigger trade possibly, replacement part.

Parros - Would want to see him go, but unlikely due to role in franchise.

Of course with the Ducks, it's a question of what their situation will be at the trade deadline. If they don't have any chance of making the playoffs, I see they'll be selling some of their D-men due to Schultz / Vatanen at least coming next season. Plus Fowler and Sbisa will keep taking a bigger role. I might see next seasons d-corps as

Visnovsky - Fowler
Beauchemin - Sbisa
Schultz - Vatanen
Guenin

Of course the pairings can be different.

Offensively, the Ducks need a 2nd line center. Koivu, if he stays, will remain as a 3rd line center. McMillan is a possibility from the pipe, but I doubt it. Palmieri and Beleskey keep trying to become a mainstay at the mother club, with Beleskey possibly playing already for the rest of this season. Also the Ducks wouldn't say no to a couple of 2nd line wingers.

Fallenity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2012, 09:19 AM
Grant
LL Genius

vCash: 50
- Gravboski and Kulemin I imagine would only be available if they are in a package for someone who is an upgrade.
- Connolly I would be fine with being traded, but his cap hit will make it tough to happen. Also Burke strikes me as a man who doesn't want to/like trading people he recently signed but he has done before (Vesteeg). I personally think Detroit could be a good fit here. Connolly + a defenceman would give great depth on the Wings and they could send us back picks/prospects only since they have the cap room to do this.
- Armstrong and Lombardi are two others I wouldn't mind seeing go, but they can't be considered as trade bait due to their production. I think one of these two may go, but in a package with someone teams actually want such as Schenn, Gunnarson, Aullie or Franson.

Grant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2012, 09:28 AM
Doctor Drej
Unregistered User

Calgary fans seem to like Jones? He never was able to stick here and produce at a solid level. Glad he's playing good for you guys. We love Mikkelson so far as well, been our best defenseman for the pretty much since his acquisition. A low-key trade turns out to be what looks like a little gem for both clubs.

Doctor Drej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2012, 09:41 AM
AfroThunder396
Lou's Secret Sauce

vCash: 118
-Mattias Tedenby
-Jacob Josefson
-Nick Palmieri
-Alexander Urbom
-Matt Taormina
-Kurtis Foster
-All of New Jersey's draft picks (Except 4th -> CAR and 7th -> ANA)
-Washington's 2nd 2012
-Toronto's 4th 2012
-Calgary's 5th 2012

AfroThunder396 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2012, 09:49 AM
ShootIt

-2nd 3rd round draft picks.
-Possibly the 1st rounder, depending on player coming back.
-Bottom six players(Sturm, Barch type of players)

So not much from the Panthers.

ShootIt is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2012, 09:58 AM
Northern Heat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Campoli2Burrows View Post
Jackman for NYI 4th?
Jackman isn't a big name but he's been very valuable for CGY. It would take more than a 4th. His role would normally not carry a ton of trade value but the way he's been for the flames makes it tougher for them to be willing to let him go.

Northern Heat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2012, 10:01 AM
Northern Heat

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Downie View Post
Calgary fans seem to like Jones? He never was able to stick here and produce at a solid level. Glad he's playing good for you guys. We love Mikkelson so far as well, been our best defenseman for the pretty much since his acquisition. A low-key trade turns out to be what looks like a little gem for both clubs.
This is nice to see. I guess both needed a new organization that could give them a chance to play.

I haven't been able to see much TB games, but Jones is a work horse for CGY and is really paying off.

Northern Heat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2012, 10:04 AM
zytz
lumberjack

Bickell, Frolik, Assorted picks/Prospects

Now gives us your best 2C and 3/4 Dmen

zytz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2012, 10:16 AM
bernmeister

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chalfdiggity3 View Post
I like it but i would say only 2nd round and lower picks available but the Rangers brass is VERY high on McIlrath and arent going to move him anytime soon
Agree with this revision and Zenith's original post.

Outside chance Sauer could go if a better D comes in return.

bernmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2012, 11:02 AM
Lonewolfe2015

vCash: 239
Quote:
Originally Posted by TwoPadStack View Post
Colorado

Available:

Kyle Quincey, David Jones, Kevin Porter, Matt Hunwick

Available if we're sellers:

Jay McClement, Shane O'Brien, Daniel Winnik, Chuck Kobasew

Only for the right offer:

Paul Stastny, Peter Mueller (too low of trade value for the potential pay-off)

Close to untouchables:

Matt Duchene, Erik Johnson, Ryan O'Reilly, Gabriel Landeskog, Milan Hejduk(captain and NMC)

--

Everybody else are guys who could maybe go but probably not.

*Note*: Just my opinion.
Great list.

I'd add Varly to untouchable based on Sherm's previous comments.

And that I don't expect us to be sellers unless we lose every game until the deadline. I think we'll keep guys and try to finish as high as possible regardless, at most do some even valued swaps of personnel.

Lonewolfe2015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2012, 11:17 AM
RAZZIE King
König von Schaben

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsfan View Post
Just describing his play this season
And I think I was the first one to call him that in a GDT (with a rare typo during his first season with us)...

RAZZIE King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2012, 11:38 AM
Billy Mays Here
Optimistic Pessimist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nighthock View Post
I would guess Ryane Clowe or Douglas Murray (god damnit)

Who I want shopped: Marty Havlat, Colin White (NTC for some effin' reason), Michal Handzus, Joe Thornton (NMC) ... Mr. Turnover himself. He does nothing but slow down the damn rush and gets lucky every now and then with a stupid no-look pass ... I've had enough.
You want to trade Havlat already? Granted he's not having a good year but he's not doing much worse than Heatley. Give both players some time to adjust to their surroundings.

Billy Mays Here is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2012, 11:41 AM
Mr Forever
The Oilers :(

Hemsky
Whitney
Gilbert
Peckham
Belanger
Gagner
Eager
Khabibulin

Mr Forever is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2012, 12:05 PM
Flames Fanatic
Truculent Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Downie View Post
He's been nothing short of fantastic in every single game so far. Energy, scoring chances, PK, he's done it all. Considering Mikkelson was never anything more than a depth guy at best for us, Jones has essentially been a fantastic third liner.

Glad Brendan is working out for you though. He always had the pieces to be better.

Flames Fanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2012, 12:43 PM
Happy Hallidays
We are the 18%

Anyone not named Eberle, RNH, Hall, Smid or 2012 1st Round Pick.

Happy Hallidays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2012, 12:51 PM
Stu

Quote:
Originally Posted by VALDAL View Post
Leafs

Gunnarsson
MacArthur
Grabvoski
Schenn(for a top 6 forward)
The Leafs are not trading Gunnarsson. Cheap, top pairing defenseman. Going nowhere unless it's in a deal for Getzlaf, for example, therefore not exactly bait. Franson and Gardiner will go before he does.

Stu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2012, 12:54 PM
Corn Baller

Quote:
Originally Posted by BDEuph View Post
For My Blues...for Starters:

BJ Crombeen
Matt D'Agostini
Ben Bishop
Carlo Colaiacovo
Phil McRae

Maybe:
Bergs

Need:
D-man Depth
Forward Scoring

Secret Mancrush:
Still on Jay McClement

Untouchables
Shatty
Pietrangelo
Stewart
Oshie
Tarasenko
Schwartz
Backes
Perron
Sobe
Cole
Polak
Steen
(amongst others)

But thats my uninformed opinion
While I think the Blues have a lot of "Why would they trade him?" guys, I think the only two that belong on a true "untouchable" list are Pietrangelo and Backes. I could probably be convinced that Shattenkirk belongs on that list as well.

In a deal that improved the team, I think probably every other player could be available, provided that that deal includes a top two center or a big-minute LHD.

Corn Baller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2012, 01:15 PM
biturbo19

For the Canucks, as mentioned, Ballard and Raymond are the two pieces most often tossed around as potential 'moving parts'. But i wouldn't say they're being 'dangled' necessarily. Unless the right deal comes along that really improves the team now, i don't see anything happening with them. Schneider's name gets tossed around, but i seriously doubt they pull the trigger on anything that isn't a superstar calibre return.

Mostly just picks and some prospects dangled i would wager.

I would add that i can certainly see Schroeder being a particular piece of 'trade bait' that might draw a bit of interest. With the Canucks set down the middle in the forseable future, he becomes fairly expendable, in that he is a reasonably significant piece that doesn't hurt our roster right now if he's moved. Just speculation on my part though.

biturbo19 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2012, 01:40 PM
hockeyball

Update from Sharks beat writer (who is totally reliable).

Clowe is 100% NOT available.

So you can cross him off your lists.

hockeyball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2012, 04:39 PM
Campoli2Burrows

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northern Heat View Post
Jackman isn't a big name but he's been very valuable for CGY. It would take more than a 4th. His role would normally not carry a ton of trade value but the way he's been for the flames makes it tougher for them to be willing to let him go.
While I understand he's a good fit on the team and is well liked by his teammates, he's also an upcoming UFA. The Flames will be very hard pressed to make the playoffs this year, and acquiring draft picks for players that could leave for nothing is good for a team that should be starting to think about a rebuild. He can always be re-signed in the offseason anyways. If he wasn't a UFA I would understand where you're coming from, but I think if you can get a pick in the top 100 for a career 4th liner you should take it.

Campoli2Burrows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2012, 05:11 PM
Flames Fanatic
Truculent Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Campoli2Burrows View Post
While I understand he's a good fit on the team and is well liked by his teammates, he's also an upcoming UFA. The Flames will be very hard pressed to make the playoffs this year, and acquiring draft picks for players that could leave for nothing is good for a team that should be starting to think about a rebuild. He can always be re-signed in the offseason anyways. If he wasn't a UFA I would understand where you're coming from, but I think if you can get a pick in the top 100 for a career 4th liner you should take it.
Nope. We'd rather keep him than have a 4th round pick. If Flames management think they can sign him, they keep him.

Flames Fanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2012, 05:13 PM
Flyerfan47

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac Man View Post
Just wanna get an idea of who is available from each of the 30 teams? Thanx...
For some teams, it's easier to say who's not. As a Flyers fan, everyone but Giroux and Couturier

Flyerfan47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2012, 05:18 PM
Briecheeze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duckstudd269 View Post
Parros (time to move on)
What's the asking price on Parros for the Leafs? 2013th 4th rounder?

(Can definitely see Burke kicking the tires here for an enforcer who can score a bit to replace Orr.)

For the Leafs:

Current players:
Schenn
Aulie
Grabovski
MacArthur
Lombardi
Bozak
Kulemin

Prospects:
Holzer
Colborne
Kadri
Blacker
Picks

Some of these are obviously much more available than others, and Leafs are moderate buyers.

Briecheeze is offline   Reply With Quote