HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Trade proposal thread 6.0... what to do?

Closed Thread

Old
01-27-2012, 06:22 AM
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK

vCash: 500
We are not trading for Carter.

Old
01-27-2012, 06:38 AM
BBKers

Send a message via Skype™ to BBKers
Quote:
Originally Posted by SupersonicMonkey View Post
We are not trading for Carter.
You are dead on - and I know that too.
But some people here think we are...

Old
01-27-2012, 06:38 AM
Ola

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan. View Post
Why is Carter out of the question?
I don't know anymore than anyone else -- but Phi dumped him for a reason, and if CBJ are looking to dump him now, you gotta start to wonder. And with him tied up for 10 years, youd just be taking on a very big risk.

Also, there is no denying that he has provde that he can get it done scoring 40 goals etc. But Jeff Carter is another one of those players where I guess I have a opinion that deviates from many others, but I've basically never been a fan of him. We have a very good record against Philly after the lockout. And I cannot once remember being afraid of Carter when playing Philly. When they've failed to show up against us, which have happend quite often, he has always been the most invisible one.

If we are going to pay what it takes to get a player like that, I want someone who is a factor on a night by night basis.

Old
01-27-2012, 06:41 AM
Ola

One downside with Morrow is that he only is 5'11. He is built like a fire-hydrant, but size also matters in the longrun and our N-S/PF's has been on the small side as of late.

Old
01-27-2012, 06:43 AM
Wamsutta
I'm Glen Sather IRL

Carter's contract is a monster (length) and he's lazy. Additionally he's been a locker room issue before in a Big City With Lots To Do, and Manhattan definitely qualifies there.

I'll take a big pass on Carter.

Old
01-27-2012, 06:47 AM
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK

Why would the Rangers send the assets to Columbus for Carter. When they could send the assets to Anaheim for Ryan.

Neither will happen, anyway.

Old
01-27-2012, 06:48 AM
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glennsoe View Post
Found this at the main forum

http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh....php?t=1091553

Just a rumour for now...
That's an awful return for a 26 year old 50 goal scorer. A backup goaltender (granted a very good one), a player that had a major back injury, and an OK defenseman.

If that happens, Ryan should be able to be had for Anisimov + Sauer + Thomas + 1st. Which is a comparable package.

Dubinsky (arguably our best faceoff guy) gets shifted back to center.

Get Richards back with Gaborik.

Hagelin. Richards. Gaborik
Ryan. Stepan. Callahan

Lefty-Lefty playmaker-scorer
Righty-Righty scorer-playmaker

Fedotenko. Dubinsky. Mitchell
Rupp. Boyle. Prust

Old
01-27-2012, 06:48 AM
RangerBoy
1994 FOREVER

Sather did the Richards deal because of Torts. Richards came to NY because of Torts.

Jeff Carter? He signed the contract with Philly and they traded him before his NTC kicked in starting in 12-13 when he is 27. The Rangers have $48M committed for next season which includes Drury's buyout. Brooks wrote the new CBA may not count the buyout. It depends on the new rules. The CBA is expiring. Sather doesn't take on term. He has never taken on more than 1 year in the few deals he has taken on term. Two deals. Ozo. Backman.

Old
01-27-2012, 06:54 AM
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK

Tortorella was a big part of Richards coming here. But I think he also saw a young team on the rise with the best goaltender in the league.

And money, too, of course.

Old
01-27-2012, 07:03 AM
BBKers

Send a message via Skype™ to BBKers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ola View Post
I don't know anymore than anyone else -- but Phi dumped him for a reason, and if CBJ are looking to dump him now, you gotta start to wonder. And with him tied up for 10 years, youd just be taking on a very big risk.

Also, there is no denying that he has provde that he can get it done scoring 40 goals etc. But Jeff Carter is another one of those players where I guess I have a opinion that deviates from many others, but I've basically never been a fan of him. We have a very good record against Philly after the lockout. And I cannot once remember being afraid of Carter when playing Philly. When they've failed to show up against us, which have happend quite often, he has always been the most invisible one.

If we are going to pay what it takes to get a player like that, I want someone who is a factor on a night by night basis.
Not too many - if any players - are a factor on a daily basis that are available or at least to a reasonable price. Hence all the PIPEDREAMS.

I would like try to get some smaller pieces to fill up our little holes as in:
  1. Prospal (because he fits and won´t cost a fortune) or Ruutu (price?) for additional scoring & offense & PP
  2. One of Moen (grit), Påhlsson (faceoffs) or Gaustad (faceoffs) for added PO depth (yes - we should believe we can contend this year - but without gutting our prospect park & team chemistry too much)
  3. One of Morrow (cost???/contract instead of 1st), Whitney (instead of 1st), Selänne (instead of the 1st alternative but COST & NMC make it very improbable), Doan (price? instead of 1st) or Penner (a big IF - but for Wolski straight up only I would do it in place of alternative 2) - but methinx none of this is probable/realistic
  4. One of Zidlicky (injured), Sarich (mostly defense), Gleason (price?) or Kubina on D for depth/injuries/PP - especially if it appears that Sauer will not recover fully to the end of the year

But I seriously doubt we will see 4 trades being done this year. Realistically probably closer to 1-2 trades listening to Sather´s/the bloggers comments. Plus probably a Hartford deal or two and/or eventually something to do with Avery...

To get that player you are referring to Ola, I would take a flyer to try to get Radulovs rights from Nashville after the season for next year. He might very well be that player. If the price is OK at the deadline - which it is highly unlikely it will be - I would pull the trigger (despite all the risks/potential negatives which we all know about). I think it would be worth it. But not a very big chance of this happening (heck - they still "owe us" considerations for The Specimen) ~ I think.

Flame away

Last edited by BBKers: 01-27-2012 at 07:10 AM.
Old
01-27-2012, 07:44 AM
Vitto79

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBKers View Post
Not too many - if any players - are a factor on a daily basis that are available or at least to a reasonable price. Hence all the PIPEDREAMS.

I would like try to get some smaller pieces to fill up our little holes as in:
  1. Prospal (because he fits and won´t cost a fortune) or Ruutu (price?) for additional scoring & offense & PP
  2. One of Moen (grit), Påhlsson (faceoffs) or Gaustad (faceoffs) for added PO depth (yes - we should believe we can contend this year - but without gutting our prospect park & team chemistry too much)
  3. One of Morrow (cost???/contract instead of 1st), Whitney (instead of 1st), Selänne (instead of the 1st alternative but COST & NMC make it very improbable), Doan (price? instead of 1st) or Penner (a big IF - but for Wolski straight up only I would do it in place of alternative 2) - but methinx none of this is probable/realistic
  4. One of Zidlicky (injured), Sarich (mostly defense), Gleason (price?) or Kubina on D for depth/injuries/PP - especially if it appears that Sauer will not recover fully to the end of the year

Flame away
1) Prospal- agreed , he knows the system as is a safe bet even as a depth player

2) is Moen not a winger?, dont mind him but rather have one of Gaustad or Pahlsson for faceoffs.........i pick Gaustad first

3) one of those vets will be the target.......do the Ranges not have good dialogue with Dallas since they talked about Richards last yr? For the right package I send Anisimov........I'm in the minority here..........I would want a young player with Morrow back though

4) Zidlicky works as a player but not really with the contract for next yr. Will use that on Morrow for example but not Zidlicky.........Sarich or Kubina make sense and I lean towards Kubina

I think we could see 1 Dman, 1 top 6 Winger, 1 depth player, a C

We may only see one move for a top 6 rental though

Old
01-27-2012, 07:52 AM
blue425

Stay the course. Maybe..maybe make a minor move for a depth d-man.

Nothing major..I would like to see if Kreider/Thomas can make the team next year. Could be the last piece the Rangers are looking for.

Old
01-27-2012, 08:03 AM
Vitto79

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue425 View Post
Stay the course. Maybe..maybe make a minor move for a depth d-man.

Nothing major..I would like to see if Kreider/Thomas can make the team next year. Could be the last piece the Rangers are looking for.
I think we all agree to stay the course. Making depth moves wont hurt that strategy

for example next yr
in G , King.....bring back Biron for 2 more yrs....I think that happens

on D, rental only for this yr which leaves McDonaugh, Girardi, Staal, Sauer, Del Zotto, 1 of Erixon, McIlrath, qualify Stralman as the 7th.......likely just let Eminger go......Woywitka, Bickel 2 way deals

C - BR, Stepan, Boyle all back, likely Mitchell resigned, let a guy like Bourque and Lindberg fight in camp for the 4th line spot

RW- Gabby, Callahan, resign Prust which I think happens

LW- Dubinsky, Anisimov, Hagelin, Rupp

Miller/Kreider/Thomas battle it out for 1 spot........LW or RW

I let Feds walk for cap space and with kids coming up

This is staying the course.......notice it doesnt include signing Parise and adding another long term contract

Old
01-27-2012, 08:12 AM
Bird Law
Daisy's back.

Send a message via AIM to Bird Law
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadwaybro86 View Post
You are aware that Carter has a full no trade clause, correct? Do you honestly think he would be willing to waive his No trade clause to leave New York after being stuck in Columbus for a year?
His NTC does not vest with the next team unless the next team accepts it, generally. At least from what I remember. And even if it does, it is not a full NTC after 2014.

Old
01-27-2012, 08:13 AM
Lion Hound
@JoeTucc26

If that Vancouver package lands Corey Perry I would be beside myself. Arguably top 3 LW's in the game right now.

Gotta wonder what the real asking price for Bobby Rya was if...IF that Ana/Van rumor is true?

I still have my fingers crossed for Bobby Ryan.

Would anyone do the following deal for Ryan?

Anisimov/Hagelin/2012 1st rounder?

Old
01-27-2012, 08:15 AM
Bird Law
Daisy's back.

Send a message via AIM to Bird Law
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lion Hound View Post
If that Vancouver package lands Corey Perry I would be beside myself. Arguably top 3 LW's in the game right now.

Gotta wonder what the real asking price for Bobby Rya was if...IF that Ana/Van rumor is true?

I would absolutely do that deal for Booby Ryan.

Old
01-27-2012, 08:22 AM
Cliffy1814

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingWantsCup View Post
I feel like we could obtain Carter relatively easily as well. His cap hit is not bad at all. The amount of years is the problem, but at $5.4M I think he is indeed moveable. I don't think he's a Torts guy though. This is a tough call.
This could be the direction we go for two reasons:
1. Carter is pure goal scorer who has speed (unlike doan, Morrow, and others mentioned)> We are a little short in both categories

2. The crazy contract should mean he comes at a discount

3.. with the CBA expiring there is alot of talk that the NHL will drastically change the rules and have a one time amnsesty on a contract the way the NBA did. This would allow us to buy Carter ourt and say goodbye anytime we want within the 10 years remaining on his contract.
Columbus would not want to do this because of the actual $$ cost for a buyout. Dolan/Rangers are raking in the cash, so not a big deal.

Old
01-27-2012, 08:24 AM
aemoreira1981

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wamsutta View Post
Carter's contract is a monster (length) and he's lazy. Additionally he's been a locker room issue before in a Big City With Lots To Do, and Manhattan definitely qualifies there.

That problem really began when Chris Pronger was brought in, which probably divided the locker room between the veterans and the younger guys in Richards and Carter who were known for their off-ice partying, given that Pronger had captained two other teams.

Old
01-27-2012, 08:34 AM
Trxjw
Bored.

Quote:
His NTC does not vest with the next team unless the next team accepts it, generally. At least from what I remember. And even if it does, it is not a full NTC after 2014.
Correct. Here's the info from the CBA:

Quote:
Individually Negotiated Limitations on Player Movement.
(a) The SPC of any Player who is a Group 3 Unrestricted Free Agent under
Article 10.1(a) may contain a no-Trade or a no-move clause. SPCs containing a no-Trade or a no-move clause may be entered into prior to the time that the Player is a Group 3 Unrestricted Free Agent so long as the SPC containing the no-Trade or no-move clause extends through and does not become effective until the time that the Player qualifies for Group 3 Unrestricted Free Agency. If the Player is Traded or claimed on Waivers prior to the no-Trade or no-move clause taking effect, the clause does not bind the acquiring Club. An acquiring Club may agree to continue to be bound by the no-Trade or no-move clause, which agreement shall be evidenced in writing to the Player, Central Registry and the NHLPA, in accordance with Exhibit 3 hereof.
The Rangers could choose not to honor the NTC if he was traded to us before July 1st.

Old
01-27-2012, 08:35 AM
MSG the place to be*

Quote:
Y'all wanna win? Put Boobie in!

Old
01-27-2012, 08:43 AM
Gardner McKay
Hey Hey...

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wamsutta View Post

That is the thing. A locker room that already great mentality could be fractured by a guy like Carter.

As evidenced by the dark years of this franchise, It is one thing to have great players, it is another thing to have a great team.

01-27-2012, 08:45 AM
Gardner McKay
Hey Hey...

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lion Hound View Post

I would prefer to give different piece besides Hagelin. The kid has played very well this year, has exceeded all expectations and IMO can only keep getting better. His speed has been such a HUGE asset to us.

Old
01-27-2012, 08:49 AM
Wamsutta
I'm Glen Sather IRL

Bobby Ryan would instantly make this team better, but we're not getting him for Christensen, Anisimov and Wolski. The Ducks are going to want an actual good player back, and I don't want to move Hagelin. I don't see us ending up with Ryan because (I hope) Slats has learned his lesson about moving pieces of the core for a big name.

Old
01-27-2012, 08:54 AM
Lion Hound
@JoeTucc26

Quote:
Im a huge Hagelin fan, and i think he is well deserved of top 6 minutes. He makes things happen. But...Ryan i think is an excellent fit here. Would feel much more comfortable with him in the lineup against the B's, the Pens, Wash etc.

I'd do it too.

Last edited by Lion Hound: 01-27-2012 at 08:59 AM.
Old
01-27-2012, 08:55 AM
Kovalev27
BEST IN THE WORLD

really? when did he move pieces of the core for a big name and learn his lesson?

he's NEVER done it as the new york rangers gm not once.

Closed Thread