HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade proposal thread 6.0... what to do?

Closed Thread

Old
02-02-2012, 05:43 AM
azrok22

vCash: 3743
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRfan68 View Post
We NEED a point shot that is right handed...
When were we last lights out on the PP?
When Del Zotto was feeding it to Kotalik....

Here are some right handed options for a slapshot...

Selanne
Foster
Stoll
Kubina

all are UFAs...
Actually, both our ppqb options are lefties and prefer the left point, so we'd be better off with a left-handed shooter comfortable playing the right point.

Hopefully Erixon takes that role next year.

Old
02-02-2012, 05:51 AM
Ola

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway View Post
Signed through 2015-2016 with a cap hit of 5.2M
Yeah, he is still kind of in the McCabe/Souray mold, get them in positions to shoot alot and they will contribute. But, its always hard to estimate how say Buf would look without Enström next to him (Kaberle complimented McC well during both's best years in Toronto).

Plus, I mean, Winnipeg likes him. They've been without Enström and Buf for stretches this year, and their play and PP has slumped greatly from it.

Winnipeg want to become a PO team. They do not want to tear things apart and collect 1st overall picks.

In the broad picture they have;
Enström,
Buf,
Bogosian,

on the blueline, and
Evander Kane,
Blake Wheeler,
Andrew Ladd,
and
Burmistov, in the NHL, and
Scheifele, and
Klingberg on the outside looking in -- formating a core of potentially 6 top 6 forwards, and they have a couple of nice depth players in
Wellwood and
Little and co.

Is Buf untouchable for them? No, I doubt so, but if you were a GM for them, what would you want for him? You open up a big hole on the blueline if you deal him. They are definitely not dumping him for like a Strålman/prospect and a 1st/2nd.

What they need is obviously more, and especially a leader up front, and not to get rid of their nr 2 D. Teams like that don't make deals like this. Its like if we would have dealt Girardi for a 1st 3 years ago. Fans of other teams probably could have looked at us and said "a low 1st is fair price for Girardi", but why would we want to deal Girardi in like 09' for a low first? It would have made zero sense for us.

Sauer has concussion issues.

If Buf want out, something could of course happend. But I've followed that team to check up on that situation, and I've seen/heard/read very little that indicates that those old speculations were correct. But at the same time, what do I know.

Old
02-02-2012, 06:37 AM
MAYO

Reports are that Sather is working on moving both EC and WW. As it stands now we have just over 5 million of cap space come trade deadline, plus the addition of both salaries once they are moved. I think for a playoff push the addition of a guy like Doan, who is available and that would be a viable move and no long term contract. And in a dream world if we could land The Big Buff out of Winnepeg I think we would be all set.

Old
02-02-2012, 06:38 AM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbop View Post
When there is a new CBA, you can be pretty sure the cap will not go down in 2012-13. NBA players took a bigger haircut than the NHL will be looking for but the NBA cap was frozen at the prior CBA levels for a mimumum of two years to allow revenues to catch up with the smaller player percentage. NHL revenues will be up dramatically the next few years due to the new TV contract and fast growing online revenue. Too many teams are in too deep for a fire drill cap reduction next September.
The NFL cap decreased from $128M in 2009 to $120M in 2011. There was no cap in 2010. Uncapped year. The players took a bigger cut than the NBA players. The NFL players went from making close to 60% to 47%.

NHL teams will know the NHL proposals and where a deal will made. If they overspend in the summer and get stuck when a new CBA is reached,that's their problem. The NFL rules were implemented when the CBA was ratified.

I read Gary Bettman will offer a 45/55 split with the owners getting 55%.

Craig Custance.

Quote:
Revenue division -- This is the big one. Right now the players get 57 percent of the revenue (when revenues exceed $2.7 billion) and the owners will be looking to lower that number significantly like owners in the NFL and NBA were able to negotiate. The NBA agreement includes a 50-50 split of basketball-related income and the NFL players got 47 percent of all revenue.

One source said he expects Bettman to start at 45 percent and work up from there. "He'll probably have a hard [revenue] cap in his head that under no circumstances will he go any higher," the source said.
http://insider.espn.go.com/nhl/blog/...a-negotiations

The NBA cap is $58M. Can the NHL sustain a cap higher than the current cap? $64.3M seems to be a little too high. The NBA revenue is $4.3B. The NHL revenue will be above $3B.

Both the NFL and NBA saw the floors increase. Each team must spend a greater % of money on payroll. There are teams struggling to reach the current floor of $48.3M in the NHL. The NHL doesn't want a big gap between the upper limit and lower limit.

The TV contract is $120M more per year than the previous contract. Its for 10 years.

Quote:
At present, the NHL players receive 57 per cent of all hockey-related revenue. That number rose from 54 per cent in the first year of the current collective agreement. The team owners want to cut that back to less than 50 per cent, in light of the recent 10-year labour agreements reached in the NFL and NBA. The NFL players agreed to a minimum of 47 per cent of all league revenue (which can rise to 48.5 per cent depending on revenue growth). The NBA players agreed to 51.2 per cent of basketball-related income this season, and a range of 49 per cent to 52 per cent in the remaining years. Some NHL owners want to remove the revenue-growth accelerator that increased the players’ share each year. They want a constant rate or only a small increase over the life of the contract. The NHL Players’ Association will push for more revenue sharing between the rich and poor franchises.
http://www.theglobeandmail.com/sport...medium=twitter

No more 5% bump. The Canadian dollar has lost strength. Those two factors contributed to the cap increasing from the set number of $39M to $64.3. The NBA cap has not had dramatic increases.

Quote:
For example, the NHL has the NFL cap without the NFL sharing of revenues amongst owners.

This is an issue familiar to Fehr. One of his legacies was his ability to get baseball to improve the revenue sharing among its clubs. He may propose to the NHL owners a system that doesn’t include a salary cap to address revenue disparities between clubs.
http://www.cbc.ca/m/touch/sports/nhl...our-talks.html

Fehr gets the owners to share more money which allows the floor to be raised closer to what the NFL and NBA have. Closes the gap between payrolls.

Too many variables is why teams should be careful with how they spend their money between now and a new CBA is reached.

Old
02-02-2012, 06:46 AM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAYO View Post
Reports are that Sather is working on moving both EC and WW. As it stands now we have just over 5 million of cap space come trade deadline, plus the addition of both salaries once they are moved. I think for a playoff push the addition of a guy like Doan, who is available and that would be a viable move and no long term contract. And in a dream world if we could land The Big Buff out of Winnepeg I think we would be all set.
All set? The only thing bigger than Byfuglien's cap hit is his gut.

Doan is not available.

Quote:
"Shane is the soul of this franchise; as long as we’re here and he wants to stay here, then he’ll be here," Maloney told ESPN.com. "I have no question whatsoever that if we get an ownership group in place, then we’ll get a deal done with Shane. He’s not going anywhere, unless of course he came to us and asked us otherwise. He’s still a very good player, and we want him here for a few more years."
http://espn.go.com/blog/nhl/post/_/i...s-d-man-search

Doan doesn't want to leave Phoenix.

Old
02-02-2012, 06:53 AM
blueshirtbolt

i'd still love ray whitney to get traded over to us but the more i think about it, Prospal would be an incredible addition

Old
02-02-2012, 07:04 AM
Jackpot
Registered Abuser

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueshirtbolt View Post
i'd still love ray whitney to get traded over to us but the more i think about it, Prospal would be an incredible addition
Been there, done that....I don't care if the guy knows the system, bringing him back wouldn't have a great impact imo. We need to think bigger picture, long term, not just another stop gap role player...

Old
02-02-2012, 07:40 AM
pld459666

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post
The NFL cap decreased from $128M in 2009 to $120M in 2011. There was no cap in 2010. Uncapped year. The players took a bigger cut than the NBA players. The NFL players went from making close to 60% to 47%.

NHL teams will know the NHL proposals and where a deal will made. If they overspend in the summer and get stuck when a new CBA is reached,that's their problem. The NFL rules were implemented when the CBA was ratified.

I read Gary Bettman will offer a 45/55 split with the owners getting 55%.

Craig Custance.

http://insider.espn.go.com/nhl/blog/...a-negotiations

The NBA cap is $58M. Can the NHL sustain a cap higher than the current cap? $64.3M seems to be a little too high. The NBA revenue is $4.3B. The NHL revenue will be above $3B.

Both the NFL and NBA saw the floors increase. Each team must spend a greater % of money on payroll. There are teams struggling to reach the current floor of $48.3M in the NHL. The NHL doesn't want a big gap between the upper limit and lower limit.

The TV contract is $120M more per year than the previous contract. Its for 10 years.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/sport...medium=twitter

No more 5% bump. The Canadian dollar has lost strength. Those two factors contributed to the cap increasing from the set number of $39M to $64.3. The NBA cap has not had dramatic increases.

http://www.cbc.ca/m/touch/sports/nhl...our-talks.html

Fehr gets the owners to share more money which allows the floor to be raised closer to what the NFL and NBA have. Closes the gap between payrolls.

Too many variables is why teams should be careful with how they spend their money between now and a new CBA is reached.
I see a work stoppage if the NHL wants the players to cut back 10% on Hockey Related Revenue.

That's a massive chunk

Old
02-02-2012, 07:45 AM
Ola

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stugots View Post
Carter is a huge risk but if he works out you'd have a guy producing 30-40 goals for a 5.2m cap hit.
Jeff Carter is a C/right wing. At RW, we have a red hot Gabby and a Ryan Callahan who Torts always will turn to for important shifts. We also have Prust there.

If Gabby and Cally combines for 42 minutes, and even if you put Prust on a low 8 minutes, its just 10 minutes left for Carter to work with.

How could Carter score 30-40 goals with 10 minutes of ice time?

WE DO NOT NEED ANOTHER RIGHT WING!!!

RW's and goalies.

Old
02-02-2012, 07:48 AM
NYR Viper

Bored at work.

Here are the up-coming UFA's from teams below 50 points:

TB:
Moore
Hall
Shannaon
Kubina
Clark
Gilroy
Gervais

Buffalo:
Hecht
Boyes
Gaustad

Islanders:
Rolston
Pandolfo
Parenteau
Eaton
Staios
Jurcina

Habs:
Kostitsyn
Moen

Darche
Gill
Campoli

Carolina:
Ruutu
Allen

Spacek

Anaheim:
Selanne
Koivu
Blake
Hagman

Parros
Brookbank

Edmonton:
Smyth
Hemsky
Sutton

Columbus:
Huselius
Prospal
Pahlsson

Martinek
Lebda

If nothing else, that list tells me there will be MORE hockey trades at this deadline with more players being moved with remaining years on their contracts. There are practically no impact forwards available.

Players underlined are the ones with any sort of value.

Old
02-02-2012, 07:52 AM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

Rangers were watching Columbus@LA last night

Sent: Feb 1, 2012 10:07p

seating chart for Kings-CBJs lists scouts from Van, NYR, StL, Boston (3), Ducks, Nashville, Tor and Phx.

sent via web
On Twitter: http://twitter.com/helenenothelen/st...07750726438913

Old
02-02-2012, 07:55 AM
Jabroni
The People's Champ

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post
Rangers were watching Columbus@LA last night

Sent: Feb 1, 2012 10:07p

seating chart for Kings-CBJs lists scouts from Van, NYR, StL, Boston (3), Ducks, Nashville, Tor and Phx.

sent via web
On Twitter: http://twitter.com/helenenothelen/st...07750726438913
Vinny Prospal?

Old
02-02-2012, 07:57 AM
McSauer
Defense Wins Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ola View Post
Jeff Carter is a C/right wing. At RW, we have a red hot Gabby and a Ryan Callahan who Torts always will turn to for important shifts. We also have Prust there.

If Gabby and Cally combines for 42 minutes, and even if you put Prust on a low 8 minutes, its just 10 minutes left for Carter to work with.

RW's and goalies.
Hmmm I thought Carter was a Centre/Left Wing...if so, could be a great addition to give us some much need firepower...

Old
02-02-2012, 07:59 AM
NYR Viper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jabroni1994 View Post
Vinny Prospal?
I am thinking Pahlsson.

Old
02-02-2012, 08:25 AM
Vitto79

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR Boyler87 View Post
I am thinking Pahlsson.
I also think they are intersted in Pahlsson and Prospal

with little options available I would take a Boyes, Gaustad combo from Buffalo

Old
02-02-2012, 09:10 AM
Dorado*

What part of Prospal being finished is everyone failing to realize . The NYR are having a hard enough time lately establishing a forecheck and winning in the backs of D and Goaltending . Prospal and his creaky legs no longer fits otherwise he would have been signed .

Old
02-02-2012, 09:34 AM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

Prospal has scored 4 goals in his last 39/40 games. He looks slower than ever. The effort is always there.

Andrew Gross thinks Wolski will be traded today or soon. He wrote in his game story and his blog this morning. Earlier this week,Torts said the Rangers have a decision to make on whether or not to carry 14 forwards. They would have that discussion after the Devils/Sabres games.

Old
02-02-2012, 09:37 AM
NYR Viper

Here is an interesting question. If Bickel is only going to play 6~10 minutes a night, would anyone be okay with the Rangers trading for a player like Diaz or Weber from Montreal to add a good point shot on the PP and play 4~5 even strength minutes per game?

Old
02-02-2012, 09:42 AM
Zuccarello Awesome*

Quote:
I am thinking Pahlsson.
Incredibly redundant and completely unless on this roster. Why don't we go after Joel Lundqvist while we're at it. Actually, that's a bad comparison because that would actually make more sense.

Old
02-02-2012, 09:53 AM
GAGLine
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Here is an interesting question. If Bickel is only going to play 6~10 minutes a night, would anyone be okay with the Rangers trading for a player like Diaz or Weber from Montreal to add a good point shot on the PP and play 4~5 even strength minutes per game?
Montreal's PP is even worse than ours. Not sure how much Diaz or Weber might help. Bickel won't be getting any time once Eminger is back.

As long as we're healthy on the back end, I don't think it makes sense to add another dman. Yeah, we could use help with the PP, but a good forward can help the PP as much or more than a big shot from the point, and help at even strength too. We need to score more goals, either way.

Old
02-02-2012, 09:58 AM
frisland

Andrew Gross this morning: "I haven’t heard anything concrete but wouldn’t be surprised if the Rangers make a roster move today, quite possibly involving Wojtek Wolski."

http://blogs.northjersey.com/blogs/r...o_wrapping_up/

Old
02-02-2012, 09:59 AM
Trxjw
Retired.

Quote:
Bored at work.

Here are the up-coming UFA's from teams below 50 points:

Buffalo:
Hecht
Boyes
Gaustad

with remaining years on their contracts. There are practically no impact forwards available.

Players underlined are the ones with any sort of value.
Didn't quote your entire post, but I don't think Boyes carries all that much value. That being said, I thought he had a good game last night against us. Had the best scoring chances for Buffalo in the 3rd period but couldn't put it away.

Personally, I'd prefer Boyes/Goose over Prospal/Pahlsson. Goose has the size and grit in his game that Pahlsson does not. Boyes gives us a right-handed shot that's at least somewhat of a threat on the PP. He's been so underwhelming in Buffalo that he could probably be had for a song.

Old
02-02-2012, 10:15 AM
pld459666

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ola View Post

RW's and goalies.
While not listed as such, Richards has and can play wing.

Richards - Carter - Callahan
Hagelin - Stepan - Gaborik
Dubinsky - Anisimov - Mitchell
Rupp - Boyle - Prust

Old
02-02-2012, 10:26 AM
NYR Viper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trxjw View Post
Didn't quote your entire post, but I don't think Boyes carries all that much value. That being said, I thought he had a good game last night against us. Had the best scoring chances for Buffalo in the 3rd period but couldn't put it away.

Personally, I'd prefer Boyes/Goose over Prospal/Pahlsson. Goose has the size and grit in his game that Pahlsson does not. Boyes gives us a right-handed shot that's at least somewhat of a threat on the PP. He's been so underwhelming in Buffalo that he could probably be had for a song.
I agree. Not a fan of Prospal.

Old
02-02-2012, 10:29 AM
Vitto79

Quote:
Originally Posted by frisland View Post
Andrew Gross this morning: "I haven’t heard anything concrete but wouldn’t be surprised if the Rangers make a roster move today, quite possibly involving Wojtek Wolski."

http://blogs.northjersey.com/blogs/r...o_wrapping_up/
Voros released from his PTO in CT.....maybe sending WW or EC down?

Closed Thread