HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Just got my invite...

Closed Thread

Old
10-11-2004, 06:38 PM
Fletch

vCash: 500
Just got my invite...

for an evening with Renney and Maloney, next Wednesday. Not sure how many people will be attending, but I put in my RSVP and am on my way.

Old
10-11-2004, 06:42 PM
NYRangers

For what?

Old
10-11-2004, 06:43 PM
not quite yoda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fletch
for an evening with Renney and Maloney, next Wednesday. Not sure how many people will be attending, but I put in my RSVP and am on my way.
uhun

Old
10-11-2004, 09:13 PM
Brooklyn Ranger

Quote:
Why did they invite a former season ticket holder?

Old
10-11-2004, 09:54 PM
in the hall

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brooklyn Ranger
Why did they invite a former season ticket holder?
is this for former season ticket holders or current?

Old
10-12-2004, 12:07 AM
Brooklyn Ranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by in the hall
is this for former season ticket holders or current?
I have no idea--I haven't received anything (I'm a current season ticket holder--as far as I know, Fletch is a former season ticket holder--somehow I doubt that he picked it up again over the summer).

Old
10-12-2004, 10:23 AM
Fletch

I have no clue, this is what I got:

'The New York Rangers cordially invite you to
an exclusive reception with
Head Coach / Vice President of Player Development Tom Renney
and
Assistant General Manager / Vice President of Player Personnel Don Maloney
to discuss and share the vision of the Rangers organization.

Wednesday, October 20, 2004
7:00 PM - 9:00 PM
Theater Lobby at Madison Square Garden

Hors D'oeuvres and beverages will be served'

What it means, I have no clue. I was a partial season holder last year, but didn't re-up for this 'season'.

Old
10-12-2004, 10:39 AM
JR#9*

Hey Brook...

if you are interested in going to the event just let your season tix rep know and they'll add you to the list as they just did for me..

Fletch, maybe we should meet up and knock back a few before heading into the Garden.Thanks for the heads up that this was even going on.

Old
10-12-2004, 11:03 AM
Fletch

Definitely JR...

we should touch base next Wednesday.

Old
10-12-2004, 11:21 AM
JR#9*

I think this has more to do with being signed up for the NYR internet service that gives you emails when news takes place.I forget what the exact name is called but that was the same way it was when I went to this thing when Trotts was 1st coming in.

It makes for a pretty cool night if your a diehard NYR fan and even though you get alot of fluff answers back it's cool that you can ask these guys direct questions.

At this point I'm so hockey starved I'd take anything....

Old
10-12-2004, 11:24 AM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by JR#9
I think this has more to do with being signed up for the NYR internet service that gives you emails when news takes place.I forget what the exact name is called but that was the same way it was when I went to this thing when Trotts was 1st coming in.

It makes for a pretty cool night if your a diehard NYR fan and even though you get alot of fluff answers back it's cool that you can ask these guys direct questions.

At this point I'm so hockey starved I'd take anything....
Slightly OT but I was watching SportsDesk on MSG this morning and they ran a commercial basically hyping the fall/winter line up MSG. They featured the Knicks and then they featured the WolfPack and classic Ranger games. Gotta take the hockey where you can get it.

Old
10-12-2004, 11:32 AM
NYR469

we should all go to this with the intention of asking serious questions...then if we find it is just a PR bs-fest, we can bust out into a "fire sather" chant lol

Old
10-12-2004, 11:50 AM
in the hall

Quote:
Hey Brook...

if you are interested in going to the event just let your season tix rep know and they'll add you to the list as they just did for me..

Fletch, maybe we should meet up and knock back a few before heading into the Garden.Thanks for the heads up that this was even going on.
do you need any additional info besides name and typical stuff, ie: some confirmation number etc

mind posting the number as well?

thanks

Old
10-12-2004, 11:55 AM
JR#9*

I simply called my rep at MSG 212-465-6073 and she put my name on the list and said I simply have to give my name at the door.

Not sure if it's season tix related or blueshirt extra related but either way people at that number can guide you.

Old
10-12-2004, 12:12 PM
in the hall

thanks jr

called up, they said they do this throughout the year and randomly select subscribers to attend

anyone can attend any time as long as they are a subscriber

Old
10-12-2004, 04:48 PM
Brooklyn Ranger

Quote:
Hey Brook...

I can't go anyway--I have work related stuff I'm required to do. But, good to know I could have called dear old Boris and gotten on the list.

I am signed up for the Blueshirt whatever and get emails from them (I appear to be only signed up when they have good news to send though). They just don't like me enough to pick me!

Last edited by Brooklyn Ranger: 10-12-2004 at 04:55 PM.
Old
10-12-2004, 04:53 PM
Brooklyn Ranger

Quote:
What it means, I have no clue. I was a partial season holder last year, but didn't re-up for this 'season'.
Oops, sorry, forgot you re-upped on the partial plan last year.

Old
10-12-2004, 04:59 PM
Blueshirt13

Quote:
I can't go anyway--I have work related stuff I'm required to do. But, good to know I could have called dear old Boris and gotten on the list.

I am signed up for the Blueshirt whatever and get emails from them (I appear to be only signed up when they have good news to send though). They just don't like me enough to pick me!
Hehe. You have Boris as a rep too? Good to know Mironov is doing something during the offseason.

I was told that you could call up any rep to get added though Boris did seem pretty clueless about it.

Old
10-12-2004, 05:11 PM
Brooklyn Ranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueshirt13
Hehe. You have Boris as a rep too? Good to know Mironov is doing something during the offseason.

I was told that you could call up any rep to get added though Boris did seem pretty clueless about it.
Yeah, I even talked to him once over the summer. He was nice enough.

Old
10-12-2004, 05:12 PM
Blueshirt13

Quote:
Yeah, I even talked to him once over the summer. He was nice enough.
I spoke to him today and he didn't even know about the forum and spoke to him twice over the summer when trying to get my tickets. Definitely a nice guy.

Old
10-20-2004, 09:54 AM
JR#9*

Hey Fletch, are you still going tonight even with the Yanks game on???

I'm figuring that the little gathering will be half empty with game 7 tonight which should be cool as the less people attending the better IMO.

I'm going but probrably won't be there early enough to meet up for any beers but I'll know more later in the day.

BTW---are you or MJ or anybody else heading to Metallica on Friday at the meadowlands???

I know MJ hates the meadowlands but being that it's their only local show I'm definetely going.My brother went on Sunday down in DC and said they do a 2 1/2 hour set.

Old
10-20-2004, 10:26 AM
Fletch

Jr...

I'm not 100% sure now...if I go, I won't get there until about 7:30 (a little tied-up here at work). But since the event's over at 9, by the time I get home the game will probably be only in the fourth or fifth, so I don't know - I'm a bit torn. Maybe it's best nobody shows up to show the owners the interest in hockey is waning.

As for Metallica...no...haven't bought an album since the Metallica album circa 1990. Am afraid to go to their concert in fear that the vast majority of the songes they play will come from albums other than And Justice for All, Master of the Puppets, Garage days, and of course Ride the Lightning (would kill to see Fade to Black, one, Master, and a couple other live though).

I too hate the Meadowlands. Hate going there, hate getting home from there.

Old
10-20-2004, 10:30 AM
Melrose_Jr.

Quote:
I know MJ hates the meadowlands.....
Yah, I had to pass man. Hope you guys have a killer time.

With the Yankees on tonight, anyone who attends this thing stands to be in a very intimate atmosphere. I'd love to hear a recap if you do make it JR.

Old
10-20-2004, 10:32 AM
JR#9*

My brother said 95% of their set was all the old stuff...only 1 song off of St anger.Said it was a great set w/Master, One ,etc all included..also said Godsmack put on a good set opening up.

As for tonight I too hope nobody shows up as it will be even a smaller setting to BS with Renney and Maloney.

I'm so starved for NYR hockey right now I'd take anything hockey related.

Old
10-20-2004, 10:38 AM
JR#9*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melrose_Jr.
Yah, I had to pass man. Hope you guys have a killer time.

With the Yankees on tonight, anyone who attends this thing stands to be in a very intimate atmosphere. I'd love to hear a recap if you do make it JR.
I'm definetely going MJ.

I need to hear something hockey related.I actually took off of work on Nov 1st to shoot up to Hartford to catch the 11am game vs Houston that day.Hopefully they start serving beer before 12 up in Conn.

Anybody ever been to the mall that houses the arena?

I'm going to fire off a few questions given the chance and hopefully with no reporters and an intinmate setting all the fluff answers will be reduced.

I'm going to ask him about the 3 goalie of the future situation and where he sees each developing into once they make it in the NHL and what they think of the obvious diminished return you get on goalies on the trade market.

Also wanted to ask him about what they think of Jessiman's development and where they see him as a NHLer and if I'm able to I also want to hear what they feel is their biggest need as far as prospects for the future are(a #1 center obviously) and ask them if they what they think will happen with this years draft and maybe if they can comment about some of the top end guys who may be of interest to them come June.

Any other suggestions for questions?

Last edited by JR#9*: 10-20-2004 at 10:54 AM.
Closed Thread