HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Unofficial Trade Rumor/Proposal Thread Part XV

Closed Thread

Old
01-27-2012, 12:30 AM
Oilbleeder
RattsSSV on the avy

vCash: 500
Unofficial Trade Rumor/Proposal Thread Part XV

Last few posts:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soli View Post
Random speculation. Khabibulin smoke is getting a little thicker with talk that there's been interest. Who would need a goaltender?

Nikolai Khabibulin
Theo Peckham/Cam Barker

Dwayne Roloson
Steve Downie

Khabibulin has another year on his contract and he's been solid for most of his games this season and he's the last net minder on record to win a cup in Tampa.
Roloson is a UFA at the end of the year, and maybe we even peddle him off at the deadline. Tampa has 4 defensemen under contract next season (Brewer, Hedman, Ohlund, MAB) and while they could use some more puck movers, Peckham we can disguise as a #5 for them (EDIT: Oh! We have Cam Barker! That might fit even better). The real prize for us here is Downie. He's an RFA at the end of the season and perhaps Tampa would rather spend money on forward depth and chasing down another Top-4 defenseman.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eytinge View Post
I thought you weren't high on Ellis s7ark?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan16 View Post
The only reason we lack passing in the back
end is because we have missed our best puck moving dmen in Whitney, Barker, and Gilbert with them healthy and in the line up we have a good puck mover on each line
Quote:
Originally Posted by frag2 View Post
Roli's contract ends the same time as Khabi I believe. I think he signed a 2 year deal over the summer.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCHIPSS View Post
How about Ballard+2nd for Hemsky? You guys get a 2nd round pick, and a fast skating puck moving dman that isn't being utilized. If you guys want Hemsky back you can sign Hemsky as an UFA in the off season.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew B View Post
Negatory, he is a UFA at the end of the year.
Quote:
Thats what I thought as well, but cap geek says otherwise.

http://capgeek.com/players/display.php?id=27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Horseradish View Post
No no no. People are looking at Barker's draft pedigree and his big-point season with Chicago and seeing "puck mover". He's not. Any pressure and he gives it away as badly and regularly as Peckham. He's an absolute turnover machine. And who knows if or when Whitney will be back close to full health, if ever.

01-27-2012, 12:31 AM
Oilbleeder
RattsSSV on the avy

New from the trade board:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lint07 View Post
PLEASE DON'T SHOOT THE MESSENGER.

According to the ex-NHL player Patrice Brisebois, there would be a trade in the works sending Corey Perry to the Vancouver Canucks in exchange for Cory Schneider, Mason Raymond and Keith Ballard.

This was reported by another Ex-NHLer, Enrico Ciccone in the TV Show ''Le Match''.

Still according to Brisebois, Perry would've recently told some Canucks players that he would be ''joining them soon''.

Thoughts?
You buy it? You don't? Is this package enough for Perry

Go crazy!

Old
01-27-2012, 12:38 AM
shiva

Quote:
Corey Perry to the Vancouver Canucks in exchange for Cory Schneider, Mason Raymond and Keith Ballard.
Would be a great deal for Vancouver. Not so good for the ducks. Doesn't make much sense, The ducks have the goaltending once Healthy, and Raymond and Ballard are not close for a elite player....

I can see the Oil doing a lot better than that, as well as other teams. Unless Perry wants to go to only the Nucks, a bad undervalued trade for The Ducks, especially with no draft pick included.

Old
01-27-2012, 12:43 AM
shiva

Forgot to mention what the Oilers would give up, but I doubt Tambi has the stones to pull it off.

Our first, Gags, and a young defenseman like Peckham/Petry or really decent AHL'er, even if it means Magnus. That is minimum, can't see any less for the MVP from last year.

Old
01-27-2012, 12:46 AM
misfit

vCash: 50
I think Brisebois spent too much time in Montreal as a player. He's starting to suffer from outrageous trade hallucinations and passing them on as fact or legit discussions. That trade would be an absolute disaster from a value standpoint, and next year they'll be in Vancouver's division. That's a deal that would do more than just put an end to their playoff hopes this year, it would bite them in the ass for close to a decade for sure.

I'd make that Tampa trade in a heartbeat regardless of which of Peckham/Barker is involved.

Sorry Soli, but that link supports every other report of Roloson's contract that states his a UFA after this year.

01-27-2012, 12:55 AM
Soli
Supervision Required

Quote:
Originally Posted by shiva View Post
Forgot to mention what the Oilers would give up, but I doubt Tambi has the stones to pull it off.

Our first, Gags, and a young defenseman like Peckham/Petry or really decent AHL'er, even if it means Magnus. That is minimum, can't see any less for the MVP from last year.
Our first > the VAN package and Perry. He's a UFA in 18 months.

Quote:
Originally Posted by misfit View Post
I'd make that Tampa trade in a heartbeat regardless of which of Peckham/Barker is involved.

Sorry Soli, but that link supports every other report of Roloson's contract that states his a UFA after this year.
Hmm? The link I provided to cap geek says Roli is a UFA after this year. Aren't we saying the same things?

Oh I see. I was replying to frag2, not AndrewB. The quote layout confused you.

Old
01-27-2012, 12:55 AM
JJTopper
Registered Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horseradish
No no no. People are looking at Barker's draft pedigree and his big-point season with Chicago and seeing "puck mover". He's not. Any pressure and he gives it away as badly and regularly as Peckham. He's an absolute turnover machine. And who knows if or when Whitney will be back close to full health, if ever.
Agreed. Watching him try to move the puck up the ice is painful. "Paralysis by analysis" is putting it lightly with this guy. I'd be surprised if he gets resigned.

Old
01-27-2012, 12:57 AM
misfit

vCash: 50
Quote:
Our first > the VAN package and Perry. He's a UFA in 18 months.

Hmm? The link I provided to cap geek says Roli is a UFA after this year. Aren't we saying the same things?

Oh I see. I was replying to frag2, not AndrewB. The quote layout confused you.
That would explain it. Yes, we're clearly saying the same thing. My bad.

Old
01-27-2012, 01:00 AM
Soli
Supervision Required

Quote:
Originally Posted by misfit View Post
That would explain it. Yes, we're clearly saying the same thing. My bad.
I blame Oilbleeder for his shoddy conversation reconstruction.

Old
01-27-2012, 01:06 AM
CantHaveTkachev
CraigsOnIt

and to think, the Oilers could've has Perry 8 years ago

Old
01-27-2012, 08:45 AM
jumptheshark
the burn out

vCash: 73
I love how hard some canuck fans are pushing ballard as a top 4 dman. If the ducks give up perry for the reported crap. I will be annoyed

Old
01-27-2012, 09:24 AM
dustrock
Too Legit To Quit

I guess if you assume Anaheim doesn't make another trade before the start of next season it looks dumb.

But Schneider could be a franchise goalie and they could trade Hiller.

You never get back equal value, I don't think it's a terrible trade.

Old
01-27-2012, 09:58 AM
bleed_oil

Anyone listen to the Teams morning show today?
The 2 morons who do the show (Chaser and Nelson or whatever) were doing that heinous routine where radio hosts take opposing positions for absolutely no reason other than creating conversation… the topic was “If your Steve Tambellinni are you willing to trade Gagner for Luke Schenn straight up”
One of the 2 guys was like. “That’s a trade that I still don’t do, regardless of Brian Burke tossing in a sweetener, I don’t think Schenns enough to get Gagner, Scenn doesn’t have enough offensive upside”.
Seriously, Schenn for Gagner? I have no clue why Toronto would have any interest in Gagner.

Old
01-27-2012, 10:11 AM
Wheathead
Formally a McRib

Send a message via ICQ to Wheathead
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJTopper View Post
Agreed. Watching him try to move the puck up the ice is painful. "Paralysis by analysis" is putting it lightly with this guy. I'd be surprised if he gets resigned.
I much prefer him over Peckham. At least Barker can make a break out pass or two.

Old
01-27-2012, 10:12 AM
Skm

Ballard is a serviceable defenseman but I'd suggest he has negative value being signed for 3 years after this at $4.2mil. I'd say switch Ballard with Edler OR Raymond with Hodgson before you even try to pass that off as a legit rumour. It's the reigning MVP, you're not going to acquire him with a possible starting goalie (not to mention Hiller is finally getting back to form) and two second tier players.

Edit: directed at Brisebois rumour

Old
01-27-2012, 10:23 AM
joestevens29

vCash: 350
I do think that Ballard is someone that is going to eventually get dealt and when he does he will play well.

Old
01-27-2012, 10:41 AM
jumptheshark
the burn out

vCash: 73
Quote:
Originally Posted by joestevens29 View Post
I do think that Ballard is someone that is going to eventually get dealt and when he does he will play well.

Ballard has shown his true stripes--first in florida and now in Vancouver.

Ballard can only play 15min a game--anything more is when you start seeing his horrible play. 5mill a year for a guy who can only 14min a night

Old
01-27-2012, 10:41 AM
Halibut

Quote:
Originally Posted by bleed_oil View Post
Anyone listen to the Teams morning show today?
The 2 morons who do the show (Chaser and Nelson or whatever) were doing that heinous routine where radio hosts take opposing positions for absolutely no reason other than creating conversation… the topic was “If your Steve Tambellinni are you willing to trade Gagner for Luke Schenn straight up”
One of the 2 guys was like. “That’s a trade that I still don’t do, regardless of Brian Burke tossing in a sweetener, I don’t think Schenns enough to get Gagner, Scenn doesn’t have enough offensive upside”.
Seriously, Schenn for Gagner? I have no clue why Toronto would have any interest in Gagner.
You are either underrating Gagner or overrating Schenn, probably a bit of both.

Schenn isnt a top 4 dman at this point at best he's looking like Ladislav Smid 3 years ago. Gagner is putting up points like a second line forward and his all around game is improving. Both of them are guys you hope improve in the future and that's what you are trading for. Gagner playing with Lupul and Kessel could become a #1 playmaking center. Schenn could become a shutdown d-man, most likely a second pairing guy but with the right partner anything is possible.

Old
01-27-2012, 10:51 AM
bleed_oil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halibut View Post
You are either underrating Gagner or overrating Schenn, probably a bit of both.

Schenn isnt a top 4 dman at this point at best he's looking like Ladislav Smid 3 years ago. Gagner is putting up points like a second line forward and his all around game is improving. Both of them are guys you hope improve in the future and that's what you are trading for. Gagner playing with Lupul and Kessel could become a #1 playmaking center. Schenn could become a shutdown d-man, most likely a second pairing guy but with the right partner anything is possible.
Why dont you go to the Leafs board and propose that trade rumour to see how many people bite?
I'm sure a 5'10'' center who's never scored 50 points in the NHL is exactly what they're looking for on there 1st line. (not to mention that Gagner scoring has dropped off since his first year)

Old
01-27-2012, 11:01 AM
joestevens29

Quote:
Why dont you go to the Leafs board and propose that trade rumour to see how many people bite?
I'm sure a 5'10'' center who's never scored 50 points in the NHL is exactly what they're looking for on there 1st line. (not to mention that Gagner scoring has dropped off since his first year)
I could careless what the Leafs fans think. They are quite possibly the most brain washed group of people on the planet earth.

You think Ottawa fans would've liked the Turris deal if you asked them 2 days before the deal went down? Of course once it happened Runblad became a bust and the 2nd is really a 3rd because they are going to do so well.

Old
01-27-2012, 11:06 AM
bleed_oil

Quote:
Originally Posted by joestevens29 View Post
I could careless what the Leafs fans think. They are quite possibly the most brain washed group of people on the planet earth.

You think Ottawa fans would've liked the Turris deal if you asked them 2 days before the deal went down? Of course once it happened Runblad became a bust and the 2nd is really a 3rd because they are going to do so well.
Forget what Leafs fans think, think for yourself. If the Oilers are a playoff team in the near future, do you think its possible with Sam Gagner as our 2nd line center?
Is he a 2nd line center on a good to average NHL team? How would a guy like Gagner fair in the playoffs?

Old
01-27-2012, 11:11 AM
joestevens29

Quote:
Forget what Leafs fans think, think for yourself. If the Oilers are a playoff team in the near future, do you think its possible with Sam Gagner as our 2nd line center?
Is he a 2nd line center on a good to average NHL team? How would a guy like Gagner fair in the playoffs?
I don't see why not. Have you actually looked to see who past teams have had as 2nd line centers in the playoffs?

Old
01-27-2012, 11:13 AM
Joe Hallenback

vCash: 777
The problem with Gagner is he could probably excel with the right lineup. If you dropped him with a team with a big top 6 who needed a little extra skill I think he would be excellent.

We just have too many small skilled forwards in our top 6. Something has to give

Old
01-27-2012, 11:22 AM
ddawg1950

Canuck fan coming in peace.

First off, how does that deal for Perry help the Ducks. Even remotely?

Secondly, Canuck fans are not pushing Ballard as a top four D. He is 5/6 on our team and sits as a a healthy scratch occasionally. When he is envisioned in a trade proposal, he is seen by us a salary dump.

Third, Schneider is a good young goalie. As mentioned the Ducks have one.

Finally, Raymond is a trading chip, but he had one good year. He doesn't have great vision and gets snowy pants quite a bit. I'm sure Oiler fans have seen that before.

All this for an MVP?

Nope, won't happen.

Old
01-27-2012, 11:29 AM
joestevens29

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddawg1950 View Post
Canuck fan coming in peace.

First off, how does that deal for Perry help the Ducks. Even remotely?

Secondly, Canuck fans are not pushing Ballard as a top four D. He is 5/6 on our team and sits as a a healthy scratch occasionally. When he is envisioned in a trade proposal, he is seen by us a salary dump.

Third, Schneider is a good young goalie. As mentioned the Ducks have one.

Finally, Raymond is a trading chip, but he had one good year. He doesn't have great vision and gets snowy pants quite a bit. I'm sure Oiler fans have seen that before.

All this for an MVP?

Nope, won't happen.
Tough to say. You can make a point for all of those being decent pickups for ANA. You could also say that they bring Schneider in and move Hiller or heck even flip Schneider. Same goes with Ballard, bring him in move Lubo and hope Ballard gets better.

The other thing that could be happening is that maybe no one else is offering anything better and Perry has made it known to management he wants out.

You never know what GM's are thinking. Outside of Brian Burke most don't tell you what is really on their mind.

Closed Thread