HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Unofficial Trade Rumor/Proposal Thread Part XV

Closed Thread

Old
01-27-2012, 10:36 AM
joestevens29

vCash: 2700
Proposal from main board. Interesting one. From a Nuck fan

To VAN
Magnus Pajaarvi
Ladislav Smid

To EDM
Cory Schneider
Marc Methot
CBJ 2012 2nd Round

To CBJ
Mason Raymond
Nikolai Khabibulin

Old
01-27-2012, 10:39 AM
dand

vCash: 500
Picked this off the main board..........

To Montreal

Magnus Paajarvi
Edmonton's 1st

To Edmonton

Lars Eller
Montreal's 2nd & 3rd
Jarred Tinordi
Pk Subban

Fair value?

Old
01-27-2012, 10:42 AM
Soundwave

Quote:
Originally Posted by dand View Post

To Montreal

Magnus Paajarvi
Edmonton's 1st

To Edmonton

Lars Eller
Montreal's 2nd & 3rd
Jarred Tinordi
Pk Subban

Fair value?
I would consider it. Not saying I would do it, but I'd consider it.

Old
01-27-2012, 10:51 AM
s7ark
McDavid!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eytinge View Post
I thought you weren't high on Ellis s7ark?
I was concerned with his skating, and still am, but to a lesser degree. However his offense and in particular his passing I never questioned. And we are sorely lacking those skills right now.

Previously I wasn't a big fan of a Hemsky for Ellis+ deal because I thought there were better options out there. But with Hemsky's play this season I am lessening my trade expectations. Now I think Ellis+ would be a fine return for Hemsky. But if Nashville wanted Gagner or Paajarvi or something else more valuable than Hemsky for Ellis, I'd have no problem with us turning them down and looking elsewhere for D help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by joestevens29 View Post

To VAN
Magnus Pajaarvi
Ladislav Smid

To EDM
Cory Schneider
Marc Methot
CBJ 2012 2nd Round

To CBJ
Mason Raymond
Nikolai Khabibulin
Maybe I will be alone in this, but I don't find that interesting at all. I would be furious if Tambo did that deal

Quote:

To Montreal

Magnus Paajarvi
Edmonton's 1st

To Edmonton

Lars Eller
Montreal's 2nd & 3rd
Jarred Tinordi
Pk Subban

Fair value?
Even if the value is fair(and I don't think it is), our lottery pick will be better than anyone else in the deal. I would have absolutely no interest in this at all

Old
01-27-2012, 10:53 AM
Toydarian

Like the Super Bowl, there comes a point when Roman numerals become impractical.

Old
01-27-2012, 10:54 AM
Halibut

Quote:
Originally Posted by bleed_oil View Post
Forget what Leafs fans think, think for yourself. If the Oilers are a playoff team in the near future, do you think its possible with Sam Gagner as our 2nd line center?
Is he a 2nd line center on a good to average NHL team? How would a guy like Gagner fair in the playoffs?
Gagner may not be the perfect 2nd line center right now but it's not like the trade proposal was for Shea Weber. Luke Schenn is averaging less ice-time than Mike Komisarek for the Leafs right now. He's at best a third pairing d-man on that team and there's not much to suggest he'd be much better anywhere else. He has potential but that's about it, maybe he'll develop into something better but his top end looks to be 2nd pairing in a purely defensive role and he could easily fall to a third pairing guy. Is that any better than what Sam Gagner projects to be? I dont think so.

Old
01-27-2012, 11:02 AM
Halibut

Quote:

To Montreal

Magnus Paajarvi
Edmonton's 1st

To Edmonton

Lars Eller
Montreal's 2nd & 3rd
Jarred Tinordi
Pk Subban

Fair value?

Tough to judge before the draft lottery. If the Oilers pick is 1st or second overall then the value is probably pretty close but if they creep up the standings and it ends up being a pick around #5 then I doubt Montreal is still interested.

Tough to say if I'd do the deal or not. Havent kept track of Tinordi's development and how close he is, that could be the difference maker in this proposal. Do the scouts think he's a better prospect than the guys we have (Marincin, Gernat, Klefbom, Teubert)

Old
01-27-2012, 11:03 AM
dand

Quote:
Originally Posted by dand

To Montreal

Magnus Paajarvi
Edmonton's 1st

To Edmonton

Lars Eller
Montreal's 2nd & 3rd
Jarred Tinordi
Pk Subban

Fair value?

Even if the value is fair(and I don't think it is), our lottery pick will be better than anyone else in the deal. I would have absolutely no interest in this at all

What has to be added?

Old
01-27-2012, 11:06 AM
Hemsky4PM

I'm not sure who would be interested in Khabibulin...but NJ and Tampa would at least need to consider it.

Brodeur's contract is up after this season and Khabibulin has put up better numbers than Hedberg and Brodeur. He'd be a decent addition for them and good insurance should Brodeur struggle in the playoffs (if NJ makes it).

How about Khabibulin for Hedberg and a 2nd round pick?

Old
01-27-2012, 11:09 AM
Digger12
Gold Fever

Quote:

To VAN
Magnus Pajaarvi
Ladislav Smid

To EDM
Cory Schneider
Marc Methot
CBJ 2012 2nd Round

To CBJ
Mason Raymond
Nikolai Khabibulin

As much as I've liked Smid's emergence this season, I take that deal and run giggling into the night.

I'm a HUGE fan of Schneider, IMO getting him would be huge for this team. Khabby's almost done, and I have zero faith that Dubnyk will be anything more than an average backup. This franchise NEEDS to shore up its goaltending, and I think Schneider is on his way to being one of the top 10 goalies in the NHL.

I see more than my fair share of Nucks games where I live, and IMO he is the real deal. All he needs is the opportunity.

Old
01-27-2012, 11:11 AM
Beerfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemsky4PM View Post
I'm not sure who would be interested in Khabibulin...but NJ and Tampa would at least need to consider it.

Brodeur's contract is up after this season and Khabibulin has put up better numbers than Hedberg and Brodeur. He'd be a decent addition for them and good insurance should Brodeur struggle in the playoffs (if NJ makes it).

How about Khabibulin for Hedberg and a 2nd round pick?
The ship has sailed on Khabby in my opinion. He is the type of guy that a team might trade for for the push to the playoffs or beyond. He is not a long term solution. Now that Tampa is near the seller point in the standings I can't see any way they would want him. His play has tailed off and he has another year left on his contract which is a bad thing. I'd be very surprised if he was traded.

Old
01-27-2012, 11:12 AM
Mr Forever
The Oilers :(

That Van-Ana trade is hideous for Anaheim, wow.

Old
01-27-2012, 11:17 AM
ponokanocker

Quote:

To VAN
Magnus Pajaarvi
Ladislav Smid

To EDM
Cory Schneider
Marc Methot
CBJ 2012 2nd Round

To CBJ
Mason Raymond
Nikolai Khabibulin
The 2nd isn`t a lot of value, Methot is just a throw in, so this deal is for Schneider. As much as I like Schneider, is it worth trading PRV and Smid for? I`m just not bought on Schneider enough yet for that. And losing Khabby is a salary dump, but we have no reason to do that either as he is done after next season.

Old
01-27-2012, 11:22 AM
dustrock
Too Legit To Quit

If we stayed injury-free for the rest of the year and the team competes, I would like to believe we won't end up bottom 3.

I would do the Edm-Cls-Mon proposal if we weren't picking top 5.

Old
01-27-2012, 11:23 AM
ponokanocker

Quote:

To Montreal

Magnus Paajarvi
Edmonton's 1st

To Edmonton

Lars Eller
Montreal's 2nd & 3rd
Jarred Tinordi
Pk Subban

Fair value?
A lot of this depends on when the deal is done, which is likely at the draft. Eller is decent, but hasn`t shown a lot yet, the pick`s aren`t great, and is Tinordi any better than any of our current D prospects? Seems like a lot of filler, which I`d prefer to avoid in trades and instead include from our team to get a better player. This really comes down to Subban, who I hate his antics, and our first. If it`s top 2, I say no way, #3-5, still not liking it, 6+, yes, but Montreal would probably say no.

Old
01-27-2012, 11:33 AM
joestevens29

Quote:
Originally Posted by ponokanocker View Post
The 2nd isn`t a lot of value, Methot is just a throw in, so this deal is for Schneider. As much as I like Schneider, is it worth trading PRV and Smid for? I`m just not bought on Schneider enough yet for that. And losing Khabby is a salary dump, but we have no reason to do that either as he is done after next season.
Methot is more than just a throw in. The 2nd is probably going to be 31st or 32nd so that is a good asset as well.

Old
01-27-2012, 11:36 AM
joestevens29

Quote:
Originally Posted by dustrock View Post
If we stayed injury-free for the rest of the year and the team competes, I would like to believe we won't end up bottom 3.

I would do the Edm-Cls-Mon proposal if we weren't picking top 5.
And if Burke iced a NHL team Seguin wouldn't be a Bruin....

We need to start looking at this from a non-homer view. Assuming we are going to be healthy isn't something you bet on. Granted I would move that pick in a heartbeat for the right player I think we need to be cautious in moving it for an unknown.

Old
01-27-2012, 11:52 AM
Koto

Quote:

To VAN
Magnus Pajaarvi
Ladislav Smid

To EDM
Cory Schneider
Marc Methot
CBJ 2012 2nd Round

To CBJ
Mason Raymond
Nikolai Khabibulin
cant afford to give up smid, maybe:

To van:
MPS
CBJ 2nd
Backup from CBJ

To Edm:
Schneider

To CBJ:
Khabby
EDM 3rd

Old
01-27-2012, 11:57 AM
RaabHart
Where's the Hart?

vCash: 50
Quote:
A lot of this depends on when the deal is done, which is likely at the draft. Eller is decent, but hasn`t shown a lot yet, the pick`s aren`t great, and is Tinordi any better than any of our current D prospects? Seems like a lot of filler, which I`d prefer to avoid in trades and instead include from our team to get a better player. This really comes down to Subban, who I hate his antics, and our first. If it`s top 2, I say no way, #3-5, still not liking it, 6+, yes, but Montreal would probably say no.
MPS for Subban would be as high as I go for the guy. Unless Reinhart is gone when we pick then I might consider trading the pick. But all of Murray, Dumba, and Reinhart have more potential and better attitudes then Subban.

Old
01-27-2012, 11:58 AM
Halibut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digger12 View Post
As much as I've liked Smid's emergence this season, I take that deal and run giggling into the night.

I'm a HUGE fan of Schneider, IMO getting him would be huge for this team. Khabby's almost done, and I have zero faith that Dubnyk will be anything more than an average backup. This franchise NEEDS to shore up its goaltending, and I think Schneider is on his way to being one of the top 10 goalies in the NHL.

I see more than my fair share of Nucks games where I live, and IMO he is the real deal. All he needs is the opportunity.
I'm not as big a fan of Schneider and think our D is a bigger problem (or at least one that's harder to fix) than goal so I pass. Schneider playing well behind a solid Canucks team isnt as impressive to me as Smid playing strong on a weak Oilers blueline. I'd rather wait and put out a one year offer sheet to Schneider that moves him to UFA even if the Canucks match.

Old
01-27-2012, 11:59 AM
ponokanocker

Quote:
Methot is more than just a throw in. The 2nd is probably going to be 31st or 32nd so that is a good asset as well.
A bottom pairing defenseman is a throw in. Are you saying Methot is more than that? The 2nd does have some value, but not a lot. Unless we are including it with something else, it doesn`t mean a lot for us. I`d rather include our second to get something better, not take on someone else`s 2nd to even out a trade.

Old
01-27-2012, 12:03 PM
joestevens29

Quote:
A bottom pairing defenseman is a throw in. Are you saying Methot is more than that? The 2nd does have some value, but not a lot. Unless we are including it with something else, it doesn`t mean a lot for us. I`d rather include our second to get something better, not take on someone else`s 2nd to even out a trade.
I don't think he is a bottom d-man.

Old
01-27-2012, 12:27 PM
Skm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koto View Post
cant afford to give up smid, maybe:

To van:
MPS
CBJ 2nd
Backup from CBJ

To Edm:
Schneider

To CBJ:
Khabby
EDM 3rd
So CBJ (a rebuilding team) is going to trade down a whole round in the draft to exchange Sanford for one year of Khabibulin? Nah.

Old
01-27-2012, 12:28 PM
BoldMcNewLettuce
Esquire

vCash: 50
is methot actually any better than Barker, Sutton, Peckham or Teubert?

no.

Old
01-27-2012, 12:45 PM
ponokanocker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mohaj View Post
is methot actually any better than Barker, Sutton, Peckham or Teubert?

no.
Even if he is marginally better to the point where he fits on our 2nd pairing, does that mean we push Gilbert or Smid to the top pairing then? Does that really help us?

Closed Thread