HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

If the season start in January...

Closed Thread

Old
10-17-2004, 06:54 PM
Freaky Habs Fan

vCash: 500
If the season start in January...

What will happen to the Hamilton Bulldogs and all the other affiliate teams? For Hamilton, Higgins, Kost, Pleks, Hainsey, Komi and some others will leave the team to attend to the Habs training camp so many players will not be in Hamilton...

Old
10-17-2004, 06:57 PM
Beakermania*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freaky Habs Fan
What will happen to the Hamilton Bulldogs and all the other affiliate teams? For Hamilton, Higgins, Kost, Pleks, Hainsey, Komi and some others will leave the team to attend to the Habs training camp so many players will not be in Hamilton...
not all will leave for Montreal, only those who are playing best and make the Habs roster on opening day will. Their tryout is not training camp this year but the ahl regular season.

those 2 or 3 who need to be replaced will come from the ECHL.

Old
10-17-2004, 08:00 PM
not quite yoda

Agreed. a MTL camp wqould not last long. Komisarek + Hainsey would make the team. One of Higgins and Plekanec might make it. But I would expect the Canadiens to keep most kids in the minors the whole year regardless of the NHL. Our prospects ought to have plenty of ice time and a very fullfilling season of development.

Old
10-18-2004, 12:31 PM
Alexander Ovechkin

Quote:
Originally Posted by espion
Agreed. a MTL camp wqould not last long. Komisarek + Hainsey would make the team. One of Higgins and Plekanec might make it. But I would expect the Canadiens to keep most kids in the minors the whole year regardless of the NHL. Our prospects ought to have plenty of ice time and a very fullfilling season of development.
Komisarek , Higgins , Kotsitsyn and Perezogin can wold make the team but not Hainsay !

Old
10-18-2004, 12:43 PM
Aarex

Kostsitsyn won't make the team, hes much too raw for the NHL

And Hainsey will likely be the #7 defensemen unless we sign a veteran defensemen

Old
10-18-2004, 12:46 PM
Alexander Ovechkin

No Hainsey cant go to the team

Old
10-18-2004, 01:05 PM
Mooch

Send a message via MSN to Mooch
The only guys i could see making the team are Higgins, Komo, and maybe Pleks....

Kostitsyn needs to learn, and is gona need at a minimum of a year in the Ahl. Id actually prefer he spends the whole year down there.....

As for Hainsey, i really dont know. Hes probably in the back of Gaineys mind, but Hainseys gota start doing something........Id say the chances of Hainsey making the big club is very small based on his performance so far....However i havent sen him play and am going by his numbers and others opinions.

Old
10-18-2004, 01:38 PM
Aarex

Well If Hainsey is not the #7 D-man who is?

Souray
Komisarek
Markov
Rivet
Brisebois
Bouillon

Old
10-18-2004, 01:41 PM
loadie
Official Beer Taster

Well, the spot is sitting there for Hainsey to earn, he won't be just handed it, so lets see if he's got the work ethic and drive to grab it.....I hope he does, but for some reason I doubt it.

Old
10-18-2004, 03:35 PM
Darz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freaky Habs Fan
If the season start in January.....
:lol :lol ah...good one!!!!! :lol :lol

Old
10-18-2004, 03:38 PM
ChemiseBleuHonnete

Quote:
Originally Posted by loadie
Well, the spot is sitting there for Hainsey to earn, he won't be just handed it, so lets see if he's got the work ethic and drive to grab it.....I hope he does, but for some reason I doubt it.
I'm one of those who beleive that Hainsey doesn't deserve to play in the nhl, but in the depth chart, he's a lock to the #7 spot.

Old
10-18-2004, 04:24 PM
Beakermania*

Quote:
Originally Posted by ax²+bx+c
I'm one of those who beleive that Hainsey doesn't deserve to play in the nhl, but in the depth chart, he's a lock to the #7 spot.
Hainsey can't play in the AHL when the NHL starts without clearing waivers, therefore he makes the team.

Old
10-18-2004, 04:32 PM
ChemiseBleuHonnete

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beakermania
Hainsey can't play in the AHL when the NHL starts without clearing waivers, therefore he makes the team.
That's what I'm saying, right?

Old
10-18-2004, 06:03 PM
Beakermania*

Quote:
That's what I'm saying, right?
yeah i was just adding to it and making it a little more clear is all.

Old
10-18-2004, 11:11 PM
ChemiseBleuHonnete

Quote:
yeah i was just adding to it and making it a little more clear is all.
alright, I just wanted to make sure we understood each other, sorry .

Old
10-18-2004, 11:49 PM
loadie
Official Beer Taster

Quote:
Yep, I agree with that too. Is there another upcoming Dman that might surprise and make the team ahead of hainsey?

Old
10-19-2004, 12:36 AM
CrAzYNiNe

Send a message via MSN to CrAzYNiNe
Didn't Hainsey sign an AHL contract, so if he belongs to them, how can he not play for them?

Old
10-19-2004, 12:37 AM
MasterD

Quote:
I'm not even so sure about that one. He DID sign an AHL contract a week ago, so.... he could be considered a Bulldog, and not a Hab, making it possible for him to play in the AHL.. I think

Old
10-19-2004, 06:39 AM
saskhab

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY_NiNe
Didn't Hainsey sign an AHL contract, so if he belongs to them, how can he not play for them?
Like the European contracts, I'm sure this contract has an opt-out clause for the NHL once the season begins. So unless Hainsey didn't want to report to Montreal, he'd be subject to the waiver rules again. Hainsey is still technically a locked out NHLer who signed independently with another league in the meantime.

BTW, Hainsey will make the Habs, but his top competition for the #7 job is Karl Dykhuis, who was put ahead of Hainsey (and Beauchemin) at the end of the season last year. I don't think anyone expects Hainsey to lose out to Dykhuis, but the point is we do go 8 deep on D.

Old
10-19-2004, 09:06 AM
Beakermania*

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterD
I'm not even so sure about that one. He DID sign an AHL contract a week ago, so.... he could be considered a Bulldog, and not a Hab, making it possible for him to play in the AHL.. I think
His AHL contract is null and void once the NHL CBA is in place. If not he would have two legal contracts and that is not allowed.

Old
10-19-2004, 07:17 PM
rocketlives

Bettman has now announced that the NHL is increasing the lead time before a NHL season could start to 45 days. So, right now the sooner the season could start is Dec 3rd.

The real limit date for a shortened season to be meaningful, i.e. 40 or more games, would be around the end of January 2005. So if by December 15th these jokers aren't close to an agreement, I guess we can pretty well kiss the 2004-05 season good-bye.

Last edited by rocketlives: 10-20-2004 at 09:55 AM.
Old
10-20-2004, 08:15 AM
Darz

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocketlives
Bettman has now announced that the NHL is increasing the lead time before a NHL season could start to 45 days. So, right now the sooner the season could start is Dec 3rd.

The real target date for a shortened season to be meaningful, i.e. 40 or more games, would be around the end of January 2005. So if by December 15th these jokers aren't close to an agreement, I guess we can pretty well kiss the 2004-05 season good-bye.

Truthfully I don't think the owners WANT a season this year. They want to cancel the whole thing then work on a plan to break the union, or at least bring them to their knees. It's pretty sad, but whatcha gonna do. That's why we need T.V. networks to show us more Bulldogs games, to ease our pain!

Old
10-20-2004, 08:24 AM
Alexander Ovechkin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darz
Truthfully I don't think the owners WANT a season this year. They want to cancel the whole thing then work on a plan to break the union, or at least bring them to their knees. It's pretty sad, but whatcha gonna do. That's why we need T.V. networks to show us more Bulldogs games, to ease our pain!
If its have a season this year , its not have very much player on the ligue . People who have go in europe cant play this year !!

Closed Thread