HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > San Jose Sharks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Worcester Sharks / San Francisco Bulls Summer 2012 News/notes

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
03-07-2012, 05:59 PM
  #251
redfish
awesome hockey dude
 
redfish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 1,625
vCash: 500
please forgive me if this has already been discussed, but why is Jack Combs not on the clear day roster? I thought Combs was one of the better forwards on the squad.

redfish is offline  
Old
03-07-2012, 06:36 PM
  #252
Speed
Registered User
 
Speed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Holden, MA
Posts: 1,134
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkytalk View Post
please forgive me if this has already been discussed, but why is Jack Combs not on the clear day roster? I thought Combs was one of the better forwards on the squad.
To be honest, clear days rosters are kind of a joke. They set it up this way on purpose to have flexibility. He's on the "in residence" list. When 3 guys on the Clear Day are hurt or get called up, then someone from In Residence can move up. Right now we got 4 guys on the clear day that are hurt. So the 1st guy that gets bumped up to play will be Combs I'm sure.

And yes, he's been one of the better ones.

Speed is offline  
Old
03-07-2012, 06:49 PM
  #253
210
Registered User
 
210's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Worcester, MA
Country: United States
Posts: 10,425
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkytalk View Post
please forgive me if this has already been discussed, but why is Jack Combs not on the clear day roster? I thought Combs was one of the better forwards on the squad.
If you followed me on twitter you'd have your answer.

Speed has it right, in general the Clear Day list is just a formality because hang nails and runny noses count as injuries.

210 is offline  
Old
03-07-2012, 06:57 PM
  #254
210
Registered User
 
210's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Worcester, MA
Country: United States
Posts: 10,425
vCash: 500
3/6/12 Bridgeport 3, @WorSharks 2

From telegram.com:
Weak power play dooms Worcester Sharks
Broken pump delays Worcester Sharks game

From connpost.com:
Rakhshani powers Sound Tigers to victory
Worcester ice, cats
Sharks blocked

From Sharkspage.com:
WorSharks not so special in 3-2 loss to Bridgeport

From sharksahl.com:
Power Plays doom Sharks in 3-2 home loss to Sound Tigers

From soundtigers.com:
Special teams propel Sound Tigers to 3-2 win over Sharks

From theahl.com:
Game Summary
Game Report

210 is offline  
Old
03-08-2012, 01:18 AM
  #255
Oppa
#
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Country: United States
Posts: 2,550
vCash: 500
I know he's currently not with Worcester but I'm obsessed with the Lock

Nice save from today





Oppa is offline  
Old
03-08-2012, 09:45 PM
  #256
LadyStanley
Elasmobranchology-go
 
LadyStanley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: North of the Tank
Country: United States
Posts: 60,409
vCash: 500
http://www.ahlstore.com/trading-card...-card-set.html

AHL "Top Prospect" trading card set.

Includes one player who has worn teal this season: Wingels

LadyStanley is offline  
Old
03-08-2012, 11:47 PM
  #257
sjshark91
Registered User
 
sjshark91's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Country:
Posts: 27,190
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kawaii View Post
I know he's currently not with Worcester but I'm obsessed with the Lock

Nice save from today




Why isn't he in the NHL? Could have helped against St.Louis which is Ironic.

BTW I know the reason why.

sjshark91 is offline  
Old
03-09-2012, 10:51 PM
  #258
spintheblackcircle
Global Moderator
s'all good, man.
 
spintheblackcircle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 37,668
vCash: 500
Worcester explodes for 6 goals in a 6-4 win. A goal and 2 assists each for Kennedy and McCarthy. Kennedy now with 18 points in 17 games.

8th in the east with 3 games in hand with the closest team. 2 more home games this weekend against 2 non-playoff teams, they can give themselves a cushion.

__________________
Devil inside, devil inside, every single one of us, the devil inside.
spintheblackcircle is online now  
Old
03-10-2012, 01:44 AM
  #259
The Architect
When weasels fly...
 
The Architect's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Cali
Country: United States
Posts: 3,476
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpinTheBlackCircle View Post
Worcester explodes for 6 goals in a 6-4 win. A goal and 2 assists each for Kennedy and McCarthy. Kennedy now with 18 points in 17 games.

8th in the east with 3 games in hand with the closest team. 2 more home games this weekend against 2 non-playoff teams, they can give themselves a cushion.

I was there tonight - first game at Worcester!

Was impressed with Kennedy. Also Pelech IMO was our best damn last night. The first two goals let in by sexsmith seemed soft. All in all had a good time.

The Architect is offline  
Old
03-10-2012, 05:46 AM
  #260
210
Registered User
 
210's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Worcester, MA
Country: United States
Posts: 10,425
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianSmith View Post
I was there tonight - first game at Worcester!

Was impressed with Kennedy. Also Pelech IMO was our best damn last night. The first two goals let in by sexsmith seemed soft. All in all had a good time.
Sexsmith probably should have had all four of them...and Pelech has turned into a monster.

210 is offline  
Old
03-10-2012, 06:00 AM
  #261
Negatively Positive
Stop Lying!
 
Negatively Positive's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 6,384
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 210 View Post
Sexsmith probably should have had all four of them...and Pelech has turned into a monster.
And he looks like one too! Dear God, that has to be scary for the opposition Those creepy eyes staring into your soul as he dominates you.

Negatively Positive is offline  
Old
03-10-2012, 08:45 AM
  #262
Speed
Registered User
 
Speed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Holden, MA
Posts: 1,134
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shark Fin Soup View Post
And he looks like one too! Dear God, that has to be scary for the opposition Those creepy eyes staring into your soul as he dominates you.
LOL I think I actually saw those eyes "turn on" as he was lining somewhat up to paste in to the boards.

BrianSmith - if you're ever back in the Woo - let me know I and hook you up with tix if you need them.

Speed is offline  
Old
03-10-2012, 08:53 AM
  #263
WoostahShaahks
Registered User
 
WoostahShaahks's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Worcester, MA
Country: United States
Posts: 699
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed View Post
LOL I think I actually saw those eyes "turn on" as he was lining somewhat up to paste in to the boards.

BrianSmith - if you're ever back in the Woo - let me know I and hook you up with tix if you need them.
He so does! He looks totally normal one second and then has the "you're gonna die" look and shortly after that goes back to singing along with the music playing. He's an absolute riot.

WoostahShaahks is offline  
Old
03-10-2012, 09:20 AM
  #264
210
Registered User
 
210's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Worcester, MA
Country: United States
Posts: 10,425
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WoostahShaahks View Post
He so does! He looks totally normal one second and then has the "you're gonna die" look and shortly after that goes back to singing along with the music playing. He's an absolute riot.
He is so laid back when the play isn't going on it's hysterical...I tweeted the other day about how funny is it so see him skate out of the Sharks head. Everyone else when introduced skates on to the ice like a bat out of hell, but Pelech looks like he's at a Sunday morning open skate as he just slowly meanders out from under the head.

210 is offline  
Old
03-10-2012, 10:14 AM
  #265
The Architect
When weasels fly...
 
The Architect's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Cali
Country: United States
Posts: 3,476
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 210 View Post
He is so laid back when the play isn't going on it's hysterical...I tweeted the other day about how funny is it so see him skate out of the Sharks head. Everyone else when introduced skates on to the ice like a bat out of hell, but Pelech looks like he's at a Sunday morning open skate as he just slowly meanders out from under the head.
He handled and rushed the puck pretty damn good - he's also got a bit of nastiness to his game. Along the boards he's def not afraid to throw a cross check here and there and he had a few pretty sweet rushes with the puck last night.

Also, it was nice to see Petrecki. He had a few hard hits but it really helped to see what many were saying - that his hitting puts him out of position sometimes and that the way he hits makes it look like he us using a lot of "arms" - not sure how that would work in the NHL.

Speed - thanks for the offer. I'll def hit you up next time I'm around. Where do you and 210 sit? I was behind Sexsmith for two periods - I like how the seats were elevated btw- it gives you a better view of the whole ice.

The Architect is offline  
Old
03-10-2012, 11:02 AM
  #266
210
Registered User
 
210's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Worcester, MA
Country: United States
Posts: 10,425
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianSmith View Post
Where do you and 210 sit? I was behind Sexsmith for two periods - I like how the seats were elevated btw- it gives you a better view of the whole ice.
We sit in 108, almost exactly half way between the penalty boxes and press row...right at the railing in the first row of "permanent" seats.

210 is offline  
Old
03-10-2012, 11:11 AM
  #267
210
Registered User
 
210's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Worcester, MA
Country: United States
Posts: 10,425
vCash: 500
3/9/12 @WorSharks 6, Portland 4

From telegram.com:
Worcester Sharks show off first line of offense
Worcester Sharks' Nathan Moon a Pirate hunter
AHL: Worcester Sharks' Brandon Mashinter on way to San Jose? (Bill Ballou's AHL column)

From pressherald.com:
Pirates stumble, fall back in playoff race

From Sharkspage.com:
WorSharks put up a six-pack against Pirates, beat Portland 6-4

From mainehockeyjournal.com:
Pirates drop critical game to Worcester

From sharksahl.com:
Six Sharks score in 6-4 home win over Pirates

From portlandpirates.com:
Pirates Fall Short in Milestone Game

From theahl.com:
Game Summary
Game Report

210 is offline  
Old
03-10-2012, 11:20 AM
  #268
WantonAbandon
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 5,417
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sjshark91 View Post
Why isn't he in the NHL? Could have helped against St.Louis which is Ironic.

BTW I know the reason why.
Why is he all the way behind his net in the first picture? What was the play

WantonAbandon is offline  
Old
03-10-2012, 11:32 AM
  #269
210
Registered User
 
210's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Worcester, MA
Country: United States
Posts: 10,425
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WantonAbandon View Post
Why is he all the way behind his net in the first picture? What was the play
I asked that same question when I first saw the pics because he's terribly out of position back behind the net...there are two earlier pics not shown here that show the Rivermen defender and the OKC forward (in the left of the pictures posted) in front of the net and the defender pushed the attacker into Stalock, who ended up right where the first picture shows.

210 is offline  
Old
03-11-2012, 09:44 AM
  #270
210
Registered User
 
210's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Worcester, MA
Country: United States
Posts: 10,425
vCash: 500
3/10/12 Providence 2, @WorSharks 0

From telegram.com:
Worcester Sharks blanked by Bruins' Hutchinson
Worcester Sharks’ power play remains turned off

From Sharkspage.com:
WorSharks powerless in 2-0 loss to Providence

From sharksahl.com:
Sharks shutout at home 2-0

From providencebruins.com:
P-Bruins shutout Sharks 2-0

From theahl.com:
Game Summary
Game Report

210 is offline  
Old
03-12-2012, 10:09 AM
  #271
210
Registered User
 
210's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Worcester, MA
Country: United States
Posts: 10,425
vCash: 500
3/11/12 Adirondack 4, @WorSharks 1

From telegram.com:
Worcester Sharks live in broken home
Worcester Sharks still in thick of playoff race

From poststar.com:
Phantoms win again on the road

From Sharkspage.com:
WorSharks slowly sliding down standings, lose 4-1 to Adirondack

From sharksahl.com:
Sharks spooked by Phantoms 4-1

From phantomshockey.com:
4th Straight Road Win for Phantoms!

From theahl.com:
Game Summary
Game Report

210 is offline  
Old
03-13-2012, 02:20 PM
  #272
LadyStanley
Elasmobranchology-go
 
LadyStanley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: North of the Tank
Country: United States
Posts: 60,409
vCash: 500
http://www.sharksahl.com/story.asp?story_id=3044

Sharks hosting job fair on Friday.

LadyStanley is offline  
Old
03-13-2012, 05:06 PM
  #273
Speed
Registered User
 
Speed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Holden, MA
Posts: 1,134
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyStanley View Post
http://www.sharksahl.com/story.asp?story_id=3044

Sharks hosting job fair on Friday.
There's already jokes about finding a new GM, coach, goal scorer on Facebook.

Speed is offline  
Old
03-13-2012, 05:24 PM
  #274
210
Registered User
 
210's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Worcester, MA
Country: United States
Posts: 10,425
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed View Post
There's already jokes about finding a new GM, coach, goal scorer on Facebook.
Those were jokes?

210 is offline  
Old
03-13-2012, 06:24 PM
  #275
LadyStanley
Elasmobranchology-go
 
LadyStanley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: North of the Tank
Country: United States
Posts: 60,409
vCash: 500


The "before"

LadyStanley is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:30 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2015 All Rights Reserved.