HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > San Jose Sharks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Worcester Sharks / San Francisco Bulls Summer 2012 News/notes

Closed Thread

Old
04-05-2012, 03:33 PM

vCash: 500
When Couture showed up here a few seasons ago for a year end stint even though he didn't really do anything (other than the best charging penalty on a goaltender I have ever seen LOL) you could see the talent right away and just knew Couture had "it"...I get that same vibe from Stalberg. His two goals were "pro goal scorer" type goals, and his skill level is easily top line AHL right now. The kid can flat out play.

I'm with Speed about Tennyson...he looked like he belonged out there. He made one "rookie" mistake with a blind pass into his own slot, but recovered well by burying the guy instead of scrambling for the puck. He got some power play time with Irwin and looked good at that too. The box score has him with just one shot on goal but it sure looked to me like he had three or four.

At this point all we have is to pay attention to the new guys, and these two seem to be worth watching.

Old
04-05-2012, 03:37 PM
one2gamble

Quote:
Originally Posted by 210 View Post
When Couture showed up here a few seasons ago for a year end stint even though he didn't really do anything (other than the best charging penalty on a goaltender I have ever seen LOL) you could see the talent right away and just knew Couture had "it"...I get that same vibe from Stalberg. His two goals were "pro goal scorer" type goals, and his skill level is easily top line AHL right now. The kid can flat out play.

I'm with Speed about Tennyson...he looked like he belonged out there. He made one "rookie" mistake with a blind pass into his own slot, but recovered well by burying the guy instead of scrambling for the puck. He got some power play time with Irwin and looked good at that too. The box score has him with just one shot on goal but it sure looked to me like he had three or four.

At this point all we have is to pay attention to the new guys, and these two seem to be worth watching.
much appreciated

Old
04-05-2012, 03:40 PM
SpinTheBlackCircle
Global Moderator
boots and pants

Quote:

It's nice to hear good things. Thanks.

04-05-2012, 03:42 PM
SpinTheBlackCircle
Global Moderator
boots and pants

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmband View Post
Maybe being overly sensitive here but Tennyson playing before elimination pisses me off. I paid and watched this crap all year (all 6 years) and at least they could wait until they were eliminated before playiing more scrubs. I forgot Pelech was still suspended but O'Hanley sits. Imagine SJ calling up Doherty and playing him tonight agains LA instead of a healthy Braun or Demers.
From the other comment, didn't Tennyson play well?

Old
04-05-2012, 04:12 PM
Lebanezer

Quote:

Thanks for the info. Hopefully the team is much better next year. Seems like there are some good players who will be making there way onto the roster. Might even justify a drive to Worcester.

Old
04-05-2012, 04:26 PM
Speed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lebanezer View Post
Thanks for the info. Hopefully the team is much better next year. Seems like there are some good players who will be making there way onto the roster. Might even justify a drive to Worcester.
I'm wondering who we're gonna lose next year. We'd love to have Mike Moore back, and everyone agrees we must keep Pelech. BTW Doherty so far is a big bust as far as I'm concerned. Lets just say when I did the ballots for best defenseman and rookie of the year, his name did not appear in either place as a candidate.

Old
04-05-2012, 04:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed View Post
BTW Doherty so far is a big bust as far as I'm concerned. Lets just say when I did the ballots for best defenseman and rookie of the year, his name did not appear in either place as a candidate.
He's terrible, and is way behind where Petrecki was during his rookie season. Doherty is soft, offensively inept, and his defensive skills are "poor" at best.

As of right now he does not have the skill level to compete in the pro game.

Old
04-05-2012, 04:40 PM
Lebanezer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed View Post
I'm wondering who we're gonna lose next year. We'd love to have Mike Moore back, and everyone agrees we must keep Pelech. BTW Doherty so far is a big bust as far as I'm concerned. Lets just say when I did the ballots for best defenseman and rookie of the year, his name did not appear in either place as a candidate.
What are Doherty's biggest problems (I see 210 answered it above)? And what the hell happened to Petrecki?

In terms of guys coming in next year that I'm looking forward to seeing:

Nieto, if he signs
Stalberg
Oleksuk
Tennyson
Abeltshauser
Freddie Hamilton

I can't think of anyone else.

Last edited by Lebanezer: 04-05-2012 at 04:41 PM. Reason: It's helpful
Old
04-05-2012, 04:47 PM

Quote:
What are Doherty's biggest problems (I see 210 answered it above)? And what the hell happened to Petrecki?

Nieto, if he signs
Stalberg
Oleksuk
Tennyson
Abeltshauser
Freddie Hamilton

I'm not expecting Nieto (just my guess, I've not heard anything one way or another).

As for Petrecki (and others) there will be some information about some stuff after the season ends and things calm down a little.

Old
04-05-2012, 04:50 PM
LadyStanley
Elasmobranchology-go

Quote:
Daniels twins are finishing their junior year. Unsure if Wrenn is in organization's future plans.

Four 2011 draftees completing their sophomore collegiate year (plus Moffie who looks like he'll probably return to finish his senior year).

Guessing there could be a few (more) undrafted free agent signings that could be destined for Worcester, but those signings may come mid-summer.

Old
04-05-2012, 04:57 PM
TheJuxtaposer
#Shorks

vCash: 1379
Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyStanley View Post
Daniels twins are finishing their junior year. Unsure if Wrenn is in organization's future plans.

Four 2011 draftees completing their sophomore collegiate year (plus Moffie who looks like he'll probably return to finish his senior year).

Guessing there could be a few (more) undrafted free agent signings that could be destined for Worcester, but those signings may come mid-summer.
I've heard a lot of good things about Wrenn from people who have watched him in juniors. Closest thing we have stylistically to Vlasic in the system. I really hope he's signed soon.

Old
04-05-2012, 05:21 PM
The Nemesis
Global Moderator
Semper Tyrannus

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyStanley View Post

From what I understand in reading the CBA and talking to kdb, the Sharks retain Wrenn's rights for one more year because 12-13 would've been his senior year at DU (the fact that he started there before moving to the WHL meant that his rights remain in the NCAA format rather than the Jr format. So if the Sharks wanted, he could sign a minor-league deal with Worcester, play there and San Jose wouldn't have to offer him a contract until the end of the season.

From what I understand, the only contract that the org needs to hand out this summer is to Abeltshauser.

"Do you know what "nemesis" means? A righteous infliction of retribution manifested by an appropriate agent."
'14-15 Sharks CI Tracker: 23 GP, 9-10-4 (home-away-Nat'l/In-Region)
Sorry, I am not taking signature requests at this time.
Old
04-05-2012, 10:29 PM
dmband

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpinTheBlackCircle View Post
From the other comment, didn't Tennyson play well?
I missed the game. I was not commenting on Tennyson ability to step in at this level. It was more that they choose to play him while they were not officially eliminated. One in a long line of slaps in the face to the few that follow them day by day. One more Sommer stat...Never advanced past the second round.

Old
04-05-2012, 10:40 PM
dmband

Nieto, if he signs
Stalberg
Oleksuk
Tennyson
Abeltshauser
Freddie Hamilton

I can't think of anyone else.[/QUOTE]

Thanks. Add 4 more rookies and you have the last two years teams. Unless they are virtually NHL quality they mostly struggle in the first year of Pro. When they have no on ice leadership, they seem to regress.

Sorry to be so negative but its been a waste of time.

Old
04-05-2012, 11:52 PM
sharky87

Quote:
As for Petrecki (and others) there will be some information about some stuff after the season ends and things calm down a little.
Injuries? I guess I'll just have to wait to know.

I highly doubt they would give up on Petrecki now with him being a 1st round draft pick. I bet they'll give him a one year contract and see if there is improvement before deciding on him long term (like Lukas Kaspar)

Old
04-06-2012, 12:00 AM
dmband

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharky87 View Post
Injuries? I guess I'll just have to wait to know.

I highly doubt they would give up on Petrecki now with him being a 1st round draft pick. I bet they'll give him a one year contract and see if there is improvement before deciding on him long term (like Lukas Kaspar)
Most games played (190+) in worcester without a sniff in the NHL. Will wait for that explanation. Saw some criticism of doherty and probably deserved but he plays more minutes overall, "clutch" and speciality minutes than Petrecki at this point in their careers.

Congrats to SJ for making the playoffs. Its a hard thing to do year after year....

Old
04-06-2012, 12:01 AM
sharky87

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmband View Post
Cant wait to see the celebratory on ice presentation for that one! Some brutal AHL stats courtesy of Ballou over the last couple weeks....7 of 11 years missing the playoffs. Outscored basically 2-1 in the third period during this stretch run....Being outscored 6-4 by Manchester on our PP this year....Two years in a row a complete collapse in March....I have never been too outspoken against Sommer because of the players he is given but it adds up.

Maybe being overly sensitive here but Tennyson playing before elimination pisses me off. I paid and watched this crap all year (all 6 years) and at least they could wait until they were eliminated before playiing more scrubs. I forgot Pelech was still suspended but O'Hanley sits. Imagine SJ calling up Doherty and playing him tonight agains LA instead of a healthy Braun or Demers.
I don't have a problem with Tennyson or Stalberg playing games now. In fact, they're better than some of the players on the CDR. I remember the last playoff series against Manchester and Irwin was out there standing around and looked awful. I was upset then but that was the playoffs.

I know that concussions are on the rise in sports but this year has been brutal. (Thinking back to that playoff game that Irwin was in and Groulx had a concussion and missed his first game all year) Maybe they need to look at their training staff?

Old
04-06-2012, 08:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharky87 View Post
I don't have a problem with Tennyson or Stalberg playing games now. In fact, they're better than some of the players on the CDR. I remember the last playoff series against Manchester and Irwin was out there standing around and looked awful. I was upset then but that was the playoffs.

I know that concussions are on the rise in sports but this year has been brutal. (Thinking back to that playoff game that Irwin was in and Groulx had a concussion and missed his first game all year) Maybe they need to look at their training staff?
The training staff can't prevent concussions...

Old
04-06-2012, 09:27 PM
LadyStanley
Elasmobranchology-go

http://www.fearthefin.com/2012/4/6/2...rd-nathan-moon

FTF Q&A with Nathan Moon

Old
04-06-2012, 09:27 PM

Congratulations to Roy Sommer, who with the WorSharks loss ties Frank Mathers for the most losses ever by an AHL head coach (512).

Old
04-06-2012, 10:20 PM
dmband

Quote:
Congratulations to Roy Sommer, who with the WorSharks loss ties Frank Mathers for the most losses ever by an AHL head coach (512).
I Hope he gets to break the record at home!

Old
04-07-2012, 02:32 PM

With 5 games to go the WorSharks are on a pace to have the worst goals per game average in team history and are now tied for worst shooting percentage. Which is a shame because they are on a pace for their best ever save percentage and 2nd best goals against in team history

Old
04-07-2012, 09:53 PM
Lebanezer

Tennyson scored! Any more thoughts after 3 games?

Old
04-07-2012, 10:07 PM

Quote:
Tennyson scored! Any more thoughts after 3 games?
No, I'll stick with what I've said so far.

BTW, bench clearing brawl after the game tonight...

Old
04-07-2012, 10:08 PM

Since the shootout loss is considered a tie by the AHL Roy Sommer is still at 512 career losses.

Closed Thread