HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > San Jose Sharks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Worcester Sharks / San Francisco Bulls Summer 2012 News/notes

Closed Thread

Old
02-29-2012, 02:35 PM
one2gamble

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 210 View Post
You're missing the point.
that you think the Sharks should give you false hope or something

Old
02-29-2012, 02:46 PM
LadyStanley
Elasmobranchology-go

Old
02-29-2012, 02:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by one2gamble View Post
that you think the Sharks should give you false hope or something
It's not about "false hope", most of us here know he's not coming back. It's about perception. And SJ is proving the perception here that they just don't care.

Old
03-01-2012, 02:14 AM
WantonAbandon

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyStanley View Post
Oh wow I didn't realize Sheppard never played in the AHL..

Old
03-01-2012, 08:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WantonAbandon View Post
So you're mad about some symbolic fax that wasn't sent?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rAlTOfl9F2w
I'm mad that they couldn't be bothered.

Perhaps you could tell us why SJ couldn't be botherd to fax two pieces of paper when several other NHL teams did.

Old
03-01-2012, 11:49 AM
Speed

Telegam: A score of reasons Worcester Sharks are coming up short

http://www.telegram.com/article/2012...45/1009/sports

Last year, the Sharks were one of two teams, along with Toronto, to not have a 20-goal scorer. So far this season, no Worcester player has more than 13 goals, and with 22 games left, somebody will have to get really hot to make 20.

If that doesn’t happen, the Sharks will become just the third AHL team since the end of World War II to have back-to-back seasons without a 20-goal scorer.

Old
03-01-2012, 11:54 AM

BTW, if San Jose didn't file one piece of paper that resulted in a player not being able to play for them in the playoffs (even if it were unlikely to happen) there would be a 50 page thread about it in about 48 hours.

Old
03-01-2012, 12:43 PM
dmband

i am still baffled at what SJ is planning when Murray and Havlet come back and Shephard conditioning is over. Thats 3 roster spots they need to clear I believe. As well as Wingels is playing, he is the only one with options. I doubt they would head into the homestretch without 8 dmen so burying White doesnt seem a likely option.

If Ferreiro was waived and he cleared, could he play in the AHL playoffs?

Old
03-01-2012, 12:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmband View Post
i am still baffled at what SJ is planning when Murray and Havlet come back and Shephard conditioning is over. Thats 3 roster spots they need to clear I believe. As well as Wingels is playing, he is the only one with options. I doubt they would head into the homestretch without 8 dmen so burying White doesnt seem a likely option.

Only players on Worcester roster (or in lower leagues) on Monday 2/27 at 3pm EST are eligible for the AHL playoffs...

Old
03-01-2012, 01:01 PM
Gilligans Island

Quote:

KDB or Led Zappa confirmed that there is no roster limit after the trade deadline. We could call up all of Worcester for that matter. 210 and Speed wouldn't care.

Old
03-01-2012, 01:08 PM
LadyStanley
Elasmobranchology-go

Quote:
Only players on Worcester roster (or in lower leagues) on Monday 2/27 at 3pm EST are eligible for the AHL playoffs...
Plus any CHL "end of season" (although they'll have to be on AHL deals) or newly signed college "graduates" (on AHL deals/TOs).

Old
03-01-2012, 02:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyStanley View Post
Plus any CHL "end of season" (although they'll have to be on AHL deals) or newly signed college "graduates" (on AHL deals/TOs).
"(or in lower leagues)"

Old
03-01-2012, 04:27 PM
WantonAbandon

Quote:
BTW, if San Jose didn't file one piece of paper that resulted in a player not being able to play for them in the playoffs (even if it were unlikely to happen) there would be a 50 page thread about it in about 48 hours.
That's a totally different situation. You said yourself that there was no chance Wingels would play in the AHL playoffs. You even said he wasn't coming back. However if your hypothetical were somehow possible I'm sure we would all learn an imaginary lesson

Old
03-01-2012, 05:09 PM
Speed

Quote:
That's a totally different situation. You said yourself that there was no chance Wingels would play in the AHL playoffs. You even said he wasn't coming back. However if your hypothetical were somehow possible I'm sure we would all learn an imaginary lesson
Yes 210 it's entirely different. Because one is SJ and one is Worcester. Those 2 things have been shown to be entirely different.

Old
03-01-2012, 06:41 PM
dmband

Quote:

There is a chance. SJ misses the playoffs or goes out in 4 straight. It would seem worth it for Wingels development to file a peice of paper to keep him playing even if that scenario is remote. I am sure Thomas was counseling Niemi as the clock struck 3PM.

Old
03-01-2012, 09:20 PM

Quote:
Why is it totally different? Be specific with your answer, please.

Old
03-01-2012, 10:39 PM
WantonAbandon

Quote:
Why is it totally different? Be specific with your answer, please.
Wait a minute you are the one that came up with the hypothetical not me. Maybe you know something I don't. Give me more details about your similar hypothetical. How would this occur?

Depending on what you are even talking about... an answer could be it appears that Wingels is penciled in to play for Doug Wilsons priority the San Jose Sharks. There doesn't appear to be a desire to send him away from Doug Wilsons priority elsewhere within the organization. This is something that Wingels has earned. I don't think there is a comparable situation you could come up with.

Old
03-01-2012, 10:42 PM
WantonAbandon

Quote:
There is a chance. SJ misses the playoffs or goes out in 4 straight. It would seem worth it for Wingels development to file a peice of paper to keep him playing even if that scenario is remote. I am sure Thomas was counseling Niemi as the clock struck 3PM.
This is a reasonable argument. I have no objections, however why should it be taken as a slight to Worcester fans

Old
03-01-2012, 10:45 PM
WoostahShaahks

Quote:
Wait a minute you are the one that came up with the hypothetical not me. Maybe you know something I don't. Give me more details about your similar hypothetical. How would this occur?

Depending on what you are even talking about... an answer could be it appears that Wingels is penciled in to play for Doug Wilsons priority the San Jose Sharks. There doesn't appear to be a desire to send him away from Doug Wilsons priority elsewhere within the organization. This is something that Wingels has earned. I don't think there is a comparable situation you could come up with.
If by some chance Worcester makes it into the playoffs and San Jose doesn't or Worcester makes it further into the playoffs than San Jose, Wingels could be sent down. The lack of a paper transaction to make Wingels eligible on the AHL roster is: 1) stupid, 2) lazy, 3)disrespectful to those who spend time and money on this AHL team. Do you comprehend yet? It's really not that complicated.

It's not actually Wingels getting sent down, it would have made Wingels eligible to be sent down in the circumstance that Worcester makes it further in the season than San Jose. The 'hypothetical situation' is that Worcester may not make it further than San Jose. Take a lap and wrap your brain around a perfectly logical situation.

Old
03-01-2012, 10:50 PM
WoostahShaahks

Quote:
This is a reasonable argument. I have no objections, however why should it be taken as a slight to Worcester fans
Because in one day they traded one of our top players without giving us a permanent replacement, traded away a talented player that they promised would bring success to Worcester in the coming years and were too lazy to file some paperwork that could be a huge help to Worcester in the playoffs if we even come close to making it. Any Worcester fan who isn't annoyed right now isn't paying attention.

Old
03-01-2012, 10:51 PM
WantonAbandon

Quote:
Originally Posted by WoostahShaahks View Post
If by some chance Worcester makes it into the playoffs and San Jose doesn't or Worcester makes it further into the playoffs than San Jose, Wingels could be sent down. The lack of a paper transaction to make Wingels eligible on the AHL roster is: 1) stupid, 2) lazy, 3)disrespectful to those who spend time and money on this AHL team. Do you comprehend yet? It's really not that complicated.

It's not actually Wingels getting sent down, it would have made Wingels eligible to be sent down in the circumstance that Worcester makes it further in the season than San Jose. The 'hypothetical situation' is that Worcester may not make it further than San Jose. Take a lap and wrap your brain around a perfectly logical situation.
Clearly it isn't

Quote:

Old
03-01-2012, 10:59 PM
WoostahShaahks

Quote:
Clearly it isn't
The bold part and 210's quoted part have nothing to do with each other. Are you really still confused as to why this is upsetting? It is a simple move that is no risk or disrespect to a player that many other GM's managed to grasp the concept of but the San Jose brass couldn't.

If they had faxed two pieces of paper, Wingels could play in Worcester when San Jose's season is done if Worcester is still playing.

Since they didn't fax two pieces of paper, Wingels cannot play in Worcester when San Jose's season is done if Worcester is still playing, therefore robbing us of the opportunity to use one of the teams leading scorers.

Old
03-01-2012, 11:04 PM
WantonAbandon

Look I am not really trying to antagonize people. I was originally responding to this statement. If this is true then I don't really see what there is to be upset about. If this isn't true for you then I can understand why you are upset

Quote:
It's not about "false hope", most of us here know he's not coming back. It's about perception. And SJ is proving the perception here that they just don't care.

Old
03-01-2012, 11:16 PM
WoostahShaahks

Quote:
Look I am not really trying to antagonize people. I was originally responding to this statement. If this is true then I don't really see what there is to be upset about. If this isn't true for you then I can understand why you are upset
We realize he wouldn't be sent down to Worcester tomorrow, for instance. Hence, we know he's not "coming back". If he were eligible for the AHL playoffs and Worcester made it further than SJ he would "come back" for the duration of the playoffs. San Jose has basically taken a "Worcester isn't making the playoffs and even if they do we aren't going to help/don't care" stance by not putting him on the clear day roster.

Old
03-02-2012, 12:35 AM
hohosaregood
Drunken Snacking

It seems like there's not a lot of love for the SJ org from you Worcester guys. What could they do to make things better?

Closed Thread