HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Patrice Brisebois: Corey Perry to be traded to Vancouver Part 2

Closed Thread

Old
01-27-2012, 09:03 PM
Horvat2Virtanen
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdobbs View Post
Who do the Canucks want from Nashville? Other than Suter/Weber I wouldn't want anyone.
Blum and Tootoo are pretty enticing.

Old
01-27-2012, 09:14 PM
mdobbs

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruno Mars View Post
Blum and Tootoo are pretty enticing.
Tootoo maybe. I wouldn't want Blum. Yes he is a young defenseman who has shown lots of promise but I'm not sure he's much of an upgrade over anyone on our top 6 (i'm talking immediately). That plus with Nashville potentially lose 1 or 2 of their top 2 I highly doubt they trade their young promising Dman for anything but a king's ransom. Not worth it.

Old
01-27-2012, 09:17 PM
anguscertified
HFB Partner

Blum has been awful this year. Lots of upside, but passed over quite easily by the likes of Hillen, Josi, and Ellis on the depth chart (Josi is the guy to watch there... Kimmo Timonen 2.0). He'd be a good long-term addition but doesn't make a ton of sense for the Canucks right now.

Old
01-27-2012, 09:22 PM
lebdafor norris
sleepy

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWiseguy View Post
Thornton was worth a lot more than Perry.

Thornton won the Hart & Art Ross in the season in which he was traded. Perry is currently tearing the league apart on pace for a whopping 66 POINTS!
Wow your actually using the Thornton and Luongo examples as the basis for this trade, theres a reason why there regarded as one of the worst trades of all time, and Thornton demanded a trade to the San Jose Sharks only, so the Bruins didn't really have a whole lot of options.

Old
01-27-2012, 09:30 PM
mjburns
RIP Eyedea

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeafTroll View Post
Wow your actually using the Thornton and Luongo examples as the basis for this trade, theres a reason why there regarded as one of the worst trades of all time, and Thornton demanded a trade to the San Jose Sharks only, so the Bruins didn't really have a whole lot of options.
you are seriously misinformed about the thornton trade, he didn't demand to be traded to san jose. Boston mgmt and joe soured on each other and doug wilson jumped at the first chance to get him before other GM's even knew he was in play.

Old
01-27-2012, 09:34 PM
Zarpan

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWiseguy View Post
Thornton was worth a lot more than Perry.

Thornton won the Hart & Art Ross in the season in which he was traded. Perry is currently tearing the league apart on pace for a whopping 66 POINTS!
He's also still 10th in goals, and has averaged pretty close to a point a game over the last few years.

Even if you consider last year to be an anomaly, he's still probably good for an average of 35 goals and 80 points over a full healthy season.

Old
01-27-2012, 09:35 PM
lebdafor norris
sleepy

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjb408 View Post
you are seriously misinformed about the thornton trade, he didn't demand to be traded to san jose. Boston mgmt and joe soured on each other and doug wilson jumped at the first chance to get him before other GM's even knew he was in play.
Really? I though Thornton demanded a trade to San Jose only, that makes the trade even worst than I though, anyway, its not like things are sour between Perry and the Ducks management so there situation is not similar.

Old
01-27-2012, 09:36 PM
GSG1165

Quote:
Originally Posted by HankyFourFingers View Post
Blum has been awful this year. Lots of upside, but passed over quite easily by the likes of Hillen, Josi, and Ellis on the depth chart (Josi is the guy to watch there... Kimmo Timonen 2.0). He'd be a good long-term addition but doesn't make a ton of sense for the Canucks right now.
Wow. If that's the case, I'd love Blum on the Sens. Exactly the kind of prospect we need after trading Rundblad.

Old
01-27-2012, 09:37 PM
Scottrockztheworld*

Quote:
– According to a Hockey’s Future message board post, a recent episode of Le Match saw Brisebois and Ciccone claim a trade was in the works, sending Perry to Vancouver for Schneider, Raymond and Ballard.
http://prohockeytalk.nbcsports.com/2...ernet-on-fire/

Old
01-27-2012, 09:45 PM
jd22

vCash: 705
Send a message via MSN to jd22
Quote:
Originally Posted by RubberSoul View Post
Ahahaha. Self fulfilling prophecy.

Old
01-27-2012, 09:45 PM
Rooooooooooxxxanne*

Has Bob McKenzie or Darren Dreger, or anyone credible talked about Perry potentially being traded?

Or are we still basing this off Brisebois?

Old
01-27-2012, 09:56 PM
Exit Dose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henrik2Daniel View Post
Has Bob McKenzie or Darren Dreger, or anyone credible talked about Perry potentially being traded?

Or are we still basing this off Brisebois?
Still Brisebois.

Old
01-27-2012, 10:02 PM
Gibson Les Palms

I didn't realise until now that they said Schneider, Raymond, Ballard. I thought it was Hodgson instead of Schneider. I doubt the Ducks would ever trade Perry, but I don't see how Murray wouldn't ask for Hodgson as a centrepiece in a trade.

Old
01-27-2012, 10:04 PM
Live in the Now
Administrator
HFBoards

There's still nothing out there on this besides the Briesbois link. And we've gone off topic. Closed.

Closed Thread