HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Liffiton, Taylor & Cuthbert sent to Charlotte

Closed Thread

Old
10-18-2004, 07:54 PM
NYR469

vCash: 500
Liffiton, Taylor & Cuthbert sent to Charlotte

Quote:
The Hartford Wolf Pack today assigned three players to the Charlotte Checkers of the East Coast Hockey League.

Defensemen David Liffiton (right) and Jake Taylor will head to the Checkers along with right-winger Ryan Cuthbert. The moves leave the Wolf Pack with 25 players, of which three remain on the injured list: Garth Murray (broken thumb), Lee Falardeau (concussion) and Thomas Pck (abdominal strain).
Three join Charlotte Checkers of the ECHL

Old
10-18-2004, 09:30 PM
Sunshine

Competition

Liffiton is a future Ranger. Taylor could be. Very interesting time -
having future NHL'ers with college options, playing in the ECHL is extremely rare.

Is it good for development? I probably don't know enough but I imagine competing against men (some ex-NHL'ers) is a great advantage (despite a possible lower level of overall skill?)

I apologize if I came across as overbearing below regarding Paiement -
from what I've heard, his #'s aren't impressing pro scouts.
I think it's great that a 6th rounder is named player of the week in the Q but if he ever becomes a solid AHL'er, that's probably good value.

Old
10-19-2004, 08:25 AM
Fletch

Sunshine...

if there is a season, Taylor very well may end up in Hartford once the glut there is removed, and provided he plays well in Charlotte. Heck, perhaps he makes the jump to the AHL sooner, of Liffiton.

Old
10-19-2004, 08:48 AM
Levitate

all three of those guys will likely be back with the pack if the lockout ends considering how many players the pack will lose. IMO this is only because of the lockout situation and having guys like tyutin, kondratiev, pock, etc having some spots in hartford when they would be getting serious looks on the rangers squad (or at least in tyutin's case, a pretty much guaranteed roster spot)

Closed Thread