HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Hamilton Bulldogs/Wheeling Nailers 2011-12 season V2.0

Closed Thread

Old
02-20-2012, 08:27 AM
Pax Macioretty

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs 4 Life View Post
4 pts in 2 games

Hopefully he gets called up soon, would like to see him up here the rest of the year
Him and Schultz need to be here ASAP. Put Kostitsyn on the 1st line, Geoffrion with Eller and Schultz on the 4th line with White recking havoc! Good-bye Darche and 7 defensmens dressing.

Old
02-20-2012, 08:28 AM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

vCash: 256
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxpac View Post
Him and Schultz need to be here ASAP. Put Kostitsyn on the 1st line, Geoffrion with Eller and Schultz on the 4th line with White recking havoc! Good-bye Darche and 7 defensmens dressing.
Well by the end of the week we are most probably going to know if the Habs are movinh out players like Kostitsyn, Moen, Darche, Campoli and company so hopefully they get called up 1st and we can see what they can bring to the team

Old
02-20-2012, 10:47 AM
Beakermania*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxpac View Post
I don't want 21 year olds playing 4th line minutes, especially a guy like Schultz who can still stand to benefit from AHL ice time. Let him play 15-18 minutes in a top 9 role in Hamilton until he's ready.

Old
02-20-2012, 11:00 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commandant View Post
I don't want 21 year olds playing 4th line minutes, especially a guy like Schultz who can still stand to benefit from AHL ice time. Let him play 15-18 minutes in a top 9 role in Hamilton until he's ready.
I wouldn't mind him getting a 6-8 game trial after the deadline.

Old
02-20-2012, 12:59 PM
Dripper

vCash: 205
Joonas Nattinen is the AHL player of the week

Old
02-20-2012, 01:01 PM
overlords
Hfboards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
I wouldn't mind him getting a 6-8 game trial after the deadline.
I wouldn't either, in the sense that if we do sell off guys like moen and darche etc, we'll need bodies anyway. Otherwise I say let them progress in the AHL. Can't wait to see what schultz can do next year in a call up.

Question: Did Boomer get 4 points in 2 games or 5 points? I thought it was 4, but this article: http://canadiens.nhl.com/club/blog.htm?id=261 says he got 5. Either way, awesome.

Old
02-20-2012, 01:23 PM
habsprospects
Irresponsible User

Quote:
Originally Posted by overlords View Post
Question: Did Boomer get 4 points in 2 games or 5 points? I thought it was 4, but this article: http://canadiens.nhl.com/club/blog.htm?id=261 says he got 5. Either way, awesome.
They changed the score and gave him a second assist for his first game on Saturday, so 5 points is correct.

Old
02-20-2012, 01:30 PM
Beakermania*

Geoffrion originally had 4 pts in 2 games, but then the AHL reviewed the tapes and gave him an extra assist in the Saturday game, so 5 pts in 2 games.

Per Derek Wills Twitter.

Old
02-20-2012, 01:36 PM
Protest the Hero

I know he said his nickname is Boomer, but I like the suggestion of Bam Bam.

Old
02-20-2012, 02:27 PM
habitue*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Protest the Hero View Post
What about Blake Geoffrion, for the moment ?

Old
02-20-2012, 03:14 PM
Et le But

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dripper View Post
Hope he keeps it up, I liked this kid in the WJC.

Old
02-20-2012, 03:32 PM
Jack DiBiase
Team Iceland Coach

As a Finnish Habs fan, it's nice to hear Nättinen is finally finding his game. Hopefully he can keep this up.

Old
02-20-2012, 03:35 PM
DogsFan*
GHG

I wonder if the Dogs will put Ryan White and Leblanc on their clear day rosters.

Old
02-20-2012, 03:41 PM
habsprospects
Irresponsible User

Quote:
Originally Posted by DogsFan View Post
I wonder if the Dogs will put Ryan White and Leblanc on their clear day rosters.
White? I don't think so, he could only join on conditioning purposes, a next time, he would need waivers.

Old
02-20-2012, 07:44 PM
Beakermania*

Quote:
Originally Posted by DogsFan View Post
Leblanc is likely IMO.

Diaz is the other possibility as a Defenceman who doesn't need waivers this year, but I think the team will probably send him to play in the World Championships instead of for the Bulldogs. (I know he hasn't played an AHL game, but team could send him down for one day, ala Jamie Benn for Texas Stars in 2010).

Old
02-21-2012, 08:50 AM
windycity

OK, kinda off topic but anybody know where I could get an XL Bulldogs jersey to wear when I play pickup?

Old
02-21-2012, 09:03 AM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Big game tomorrow night vs GR, should be interesting to see if they can carry over the weekends winning ways, but if they don't get some bodies back, it's going to be tough to get the 2 points.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs 4 Life View Post
Hopefully he gets called up soon, would like to see him up here the rest of the year
I hope they leave him down and let him build off his good start and gain more confidence going into next season.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dripper View Post
Congrats to him, nice to see him do well on the top line

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commandant View Post
Diaz is the other possibility as a Defenceman who doesn't need waivers this year, but I think the team will probably send him to play in the World Championships instead of for the Bulldogs. (I know he hasn't played an AHL game, but team could send him down for one day, ala Jamie Benn for Texas Stars in 2010).
Yea I could see Diaz going to the WC's, don't think they would send him to Hamilton, same for Emelin who wouldn't need to clear waivers either but don't see them doing that either.

Getting Leblanc back would be nice if the Dogs somehow find a way to make the playoffs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rise from the Ashes View Post
montreal, how has Nattinen's skating looked?
He moves better then I thought he would, it doesn't seem to be a problem for him.

Old
02-21-2012, 12:35 PM
HamiltonOHL
BulldogsFan00

As deadline comes up on Monday makes me wonder a) with Montreal being sellers what other players we will be adding to the bulldogs via trade and what other players will be gone via trades

Old
02-21-2012, 01:03 PM
Rise from the Ashes
Price defies corsi

Send a message via MSN to Rise from the Ashes
Quote:
Originally Posted by bulldogsfanforum View Post
As deadline comes up on Monday makes me wonder a) with Montreal being sellers what other players we will be adding to the bulldogs via trade and what other players will be gone via trades
My guess is that Geoffrion will be called up before seasons end and Palushaj, in addition to some sort of mid level prospect(s) and/or veteran AHL players could join the Dogs.

Old
02-21-2012, 01:39 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by bulldogsfanforum View Post
It's going to be interesting to see what happens on Monday, but I am not sure if they will be adding much to Hamilton unless PG moves a few bodies since they are at the 50 contract limit. In addition the team needs to be careful in adding pro prospects since they have a massive influx of rookies that are Hamilton bound next season as it is, so it's going to be very crowded in Hamilton next year without adding more bodies, any additional just means ice time will be even tougher.

Old
02-21-2012, 02:23 PM
S Bah

Quote:
Originally Posted by montreal View Post
It's going to be interesting to see what happens on Monday, but I am not sure if they will be adding much to Hamilton unless PG moves a few bodies since they are at the 50 contract limit. In addition the team needs to be careful in adding pro prospects since they have a massive influx of rookies that are Hamilton bound next season as it is, so it's going to be very crowded in Hamilton next year without adding more bodies, any additional just means ice time will be even tougher.
Apparently the LA Kings are interested in AK,so knowing they won't want to lose a player from their roster,the Habs will either be getting a draft choice or draft choice & a prospect.My hope is they get Linden Vey from their affiliate Manchester Monarchs,if they get him there probably won't be a high draft choice if any,but Linden Vey would look great in a Bulldogs uniform.He could replace the scoring lost when Geoffrion goes up to the Habs and be a solid prospect for the future.Gauthier loves prospects and Vey is one of the best that's sort of under the radar,given a couple of seasons to pack on some muscle he could be one of our best prospects ala Gallagher.Another couple of prospects they have are Slava Voynov(Def.) and Martin Jones(Goalie) both with NHL potential in a year or two.

Last edited by S Bah: 02-21-2012 at 02:29 PM.
Old
02-21-2012, 02:38 PM
Analyzer

vCash: 50
In the article of him on the habs' site, Gauthier told him they'll see about him playing (or getting a slight call up) to play for the habs after the deadline. Depending on what the habs do, you might see him up this year.

Old
02-21-2012, 05:01 PM
TheWhiteIdea

Quote:
Originally Posted by Protest the Hero View Post
Let's keep it Boomer.

Bam Bam is my wife's nickname for something more private...

Don't want to share that nickname with someone the Habs.

Old
02-21-2012, 05:15 PM
windycity

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWhiteIdea View Post
Let's keep it Boomer.

Bam Bam is my wife's nickname for something more private...
when she smacks you upside the head for not taking the garbage out or for leaving the toilet seat up?

Old
02-21-2012, 08:55 PM
HamiltonOHL
BulldogsFan00

If they move some bodys what i can see them doing is, the college players who are turning pro next yr get some time in with the bulldogs this yr after their college season is over?

Closed Thread