HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Hamilton Bulldogs/Wheeling Nailers 2011-12 season V2.0

Closed Thread

Old
02-21-2012, 09:11 PM
Beakermania*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bulldogsfanforum View Post
If they move some bodys what i can see them doing is, the college players who are turning pro next yr get some time in with the bulldogs this yr after their college season is over?
Possible... but we either need to clear out some contracts (we are at the 50 man limit) so we cant take back other contracts in our trades, or the college guys need to sign PTOs.

Old
02-21-2012, 09:39 PM
HamiltonOHL
BulldogsFan00

Sorry ur right i meant to say sign them to pto

Old
02-21-2012, 10:12 PM
Beakermania*

Quote:
Originally Posted by bulldogsfanforum View Post
Sorry ur right i meant to say sign them to pto
I guess the question becomes how close are they to graduating and do they need to stay in school to finish the semester.

Most guys come out and sign the PTOs or ELCs, but some have decided to finish class first.

Old
02-22-2012, 01:15 AM
bsl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxpac View Post
Him and Schultz need to be here ASAP. Put Kostitsyn on the 1st line, Geoffrion with Eller and Schultz on the 4th line with White recking havoc! Good-bye Darche and 7 defensmens dressing.
It must be the case that Geoffrion is a big upgrade on at least Darche? Would you guys agree?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dripper View Post
Joonas Nattinen is the AHL player of the week
Really? That came out of left field for me! (I don't follow the Dogs closely enough) Why?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commandant View Post
Leblanc is likely IMO.

Diaz is the other possibility as a Defenceman who doesn't need waivers this year, but I think the team will probably send him to play in the World Championships instead of for the Bulldogs. (I know he hasn't played an AHL game, but team could send him down for one day, ala Jamie Benn for Texas Stars in 2010).
You have to admit there has been some good news this year. If you had told me Diaz would not play an AHL game this year, I would have been amazed.

Yes this is due partly to injuries etc. but still, good on Diaz. Yet more depth in the years to come. I like the guy, good head on his shoulders to come over and face that pressure and perform.

Quote:
Originally Posted by S Bah View Post
Apparently the LA Kings are interested in AK,so knowing they won't want to lose a player from their roster,the Habs will either be getting a draft choice or draft choice & a prospect.My hope is they get Linden Vey from their affiliate Manchester Monarchs,if they get him there probably won't be a high draft choice if any,but Linden Vey would look great in a Bulldogs uniform.He could replace the scoring lost when Geoffrion goes up to the Habs and be a solid prospect for the future.Gauthier loves prospects and Vey is one of the best that's sort of under the radar,given a couple of seasons to pack on some muscle he could be one of our best prospects ala Gallagher.Another couple of prospects they have are Slava Voynov(Def.) and Martin Jones(Goalie) both with NHL potential in a year or two.
Good report S. Very informative. Sounds like LA has no big C prospects though, is this true?

On the same topic, someone on the boards mentioned Florida has a richness of C prospects. Maybe you and 'Montreal' know about this? If so, PG should be talking to the Panthers too re AK.

Any thoughts on this? Would Panthers need a guy like AK, and is it true that they have a plethora of good C prospects?

Old
02-22-2012, 10:27 AM
HamiltonOHL
BulldogsFan00

Brian Willsie returns to the line up tonight

Old
02-22-2012, 06:22 PM
Beakermania*

Dumont, Fortier, Masse injuries are all 2-3 weeks.

Old
02-22-2012, 06:29 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

lines,

Geffrion Engqvist Nattinen
Willsie DeSimone Schultz
Slaney Berger Lefebvre
FitzGerald Lampe Haddad

Injuries- Avtsin is day to day but expected to play Friday at the bell center. Masse, Dumont and Fortier all out 2-3 weeks (that hurts) Lawson is sick. Stejskal and Malka are healthy scratches.

Old
02-22-2012, 06:35 PM
S Bah

Quote:
Originally Posted by montreal View Post
lines,

Geffrion Engqvist Nattinen
Willsie DeSimone Schultz
Slaney Berger Lefebvre
FitzGerald Lampe Haddad

Injuries- Avtsin is day to day but expected to play Friday at the bell center. Masse, Dumont and Fortier all out 2-3 weeks (that hurts) Lawson is sick. Stejskal and Malka are healthy scratches.
Wow are the Dogs going to get kicked around tonight by Detroit's farm team,I guess that kinda makes up for the last Hab-Wings game.

Old
02-22-2012, 07:05 PM
AllCanadienFan

Quote:
Wow are the Dogs going to get kicked around tonight by Detroit's farm team,I guess that kinda makes up for the last Hab-Wings game.
What do you men kicked around, we were only out shot 15-1 in the first. Similar to last Sunday in Rochester, GO DOGS!!!!!

Old
02-22-2012, 07:38 PM
Beakermania*

Dogs go down 3-0

Then, Nattinen scores from Geoffrion and Engqvist.

then Geoffrion scores from Stafford and St. Denis on a 5 on 3 with 0.7 seconds left in the second period.

Geoffrion has 7 pts in 8 periods as a bulldog.

Old
02-22-2012, 07:39 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Geoffrion scores on a 5 on 3 PP, he tapped in the rebound into a wide open net. Dogs still down 3-2 going into the 3rd.

Nattinen 7 (Geoffrion, Engvist)
Geoffrion 4 PP (Stafford, St-Denis)

Also I was listening to the pregame and the coach was talking about Nattinen and that the plan at the start of the season was for him to play in the ECHL but due to injuries and callups they couldn't send him down. Looks like it's paying off for him as he had 2 goals in his first 36 games (and only 1 goal in 35 games since he scored in the first game), he's now got 5 in the last 3+ games.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllCanadienFan View Post
What do you men kicked around, we were only out shot 15-1 in the first. Similar to last Sunday in Rochester, GO DOGS!!!!!
They said in the pregame a few guys are sick, Lawson has a high fever and they didn't think Lefebvre would play tonight, but they were flat as a pancake in the 1st.

Last edited by montreal: 02-22-2012 at 07:45 PM.
Old
02-22-2012, 07:41 PM
S Bah

Quote:
Do you believe it Geoffrion is going to look good on the Habs 3rd line with Leblanc and Eller.I wonder if Naatinen is injured that would really suck big time,nice to see the Dogs comeback hope they tie it up on the PP early in the 3rd period.

Old
02-22-2012, 08:05 PM
The Kremelin Wall*
the krEMELIN wall

Seems like Geoffrion read people calling him a career AHLer.

Old
02-22-2012, 08:17 PM
TroyM

montreal, not that I am complaining because I appreciate you posting the lines so much for guys like me, but could you throw in the D pairs every once in a while? I'm kinda curious about those, anyway, would be much appreciated! And keep the reports comin guys, this is always one of my favourite threads every year.

Old
02-22-2012, 08:21 PM
WeThreeKings
Sept 19th

Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Bam bam

Old
02-22-2012, 08:29 PM
S Bah

That sucked big time,but what do they do when half the guys are sick,same deal in Montreal,that time of the year.Good effort by the Bulldogs considering all the injuries and callups on top of the flu.

Old
02-22-2012, 08:33 PM
AllCanadienFan

Quote:
Do you believe it Geoffrion is going to look good on the Habs 3rd line with Leblanc and Eller.I wonder if Naatinen is injured that would really suck big time,nice to see the Dogs comeback hope they tie it up on the PP early in the 3rd period.
I'm a Dogs fan, I would rather see him spend the rest of the year in Hamilton along with the guys that are with the Habs now. After last weekend I believe this team is on the edge and has a shot at the playoffs. The problem is the Habs are doing so bad there will be moves made and this roster will get depleted again. I know the main purpose of the Dogs is to develop prospects but don't you think a deep run in the Calder cup playoffs would be good development? OK no more whining I'm packing my bag and heading to Montreal for Friday.

Old
02-22-2012, 08:41 PM
AllCanadienFan

Quote:
That sucked big time,but what do they do when half the guys are sick,same deal in Montreal,that time of the year.Good effort by the Bulldogs considering all the injuries and callups on top of the flu.
This is what drives me nuts and makes me wonder about our coaching. We are down by one with the goalie out. We have Schultz and Willsie out there and the player of the week who has happened to score a goal tonight on the bench.

Old
02-22-2012, 08:44 PM
habitue*

Quote:
This is what drives me nuts and makes me wonder about our coaching. We are down by one with the goalie out. We have Schultz and Willsie out there and the player of the week who has happened to score a goal tonight on the bench.
Cunneyworth and Ladouceur will fix that next year in Hamilton.

Old
02-22-2012, 08:50 PM
AllCanadienFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by habitue View Post
Cunneyworth and Ladouceur will fix that next year in Hamilton.
LOL at least we get someone sent down from the Habs.

Old
02-22-2012, 09:07 PM
Beakermania*

Also gotta be careful how many NHL games Geoffrion gets if you want to preserve his Waiver Exemption for next year.

Old
02-22-2012, 09:57 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Good to see Nattinen Engqvist and Geoffrion keeping up the good work.

Old
02-23-2012, 03:55 AM
MasterDecoy
Carlos Danger

******* baby boom is a man on a mission.

im trademarking this by the way

Old
02-23-2012, 04:07 AM
S Bah

Quote:
I'm a Dogs fan, I would rather see him spend the rest of the year in Hamilton along with the guys that are with the Habs now. After last weekend I believe this team is on the edge and has a shot at the playoffs. The problem is the Habs are doing so bad there will be moves made and this roster will get depleted again. I know the main purpose of the Dogs is to develop prospects but don't you think a deep run in the Calder cup playoffs would be good development? OK no more whining I'm packing my bag and heading to Montreal for Friday.
Quote:
I think if AK and Gomez are traded then Geoffrion will be called up,otherwise it's probably better to let him play in Hamilton and have a playoff run.I think Naatinen was injured in the 2nd period,he may have been trying to cheer the team on but hurting still or he could have the flu also.

Old
02-23-2012, 07:25 AM
AllCanadienFan

Quote:
I think if AK and Gomez are traded then Geoffrion will be called up,otherwise it's probably better to let him play in Hamilton and have a playoff run.I think Naatinen was injured in the 2nd period,he may have been trying to cheer the team on but hurting still or he could have the flu also.
My apologies to Clem and Wilson, didn't know that. I guess we will know better on Monday but do you think there is any chance that we will get Palushaj and LeBlanc back? Maybe even Blunden for a conditioning stint. I think he was 4-6 weeks so he'd be half way through his recuperation. Problem is if these guys are going to help the Dogs they need to be on the clear day roster and the Habs have never done much of that before.

Closed Thread