HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Hamilton Bulldogs/Wheeling Nailers 2011-12 season V2.0

Closed Thread

Old
07-18-2012, 09:02 AM
montreal
Go Habs Go

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by habsprospects View Post
If they can get HD equipments in all 30 arenas, it would be pretty damn good, the few ones that had it last year were great.
agreed, it's too bad that Hamilton is among the worst though for cams. I love it when they play in NHL buildings as it's usually an HD feed.

Old
07-18-2012, 11:42 AM
windycity

Quote:
Originally Posted by S Bah View Post
Thanks Habs Prospects that will make a Lockout season bearable.
nothing will make a lockout season bearable, even if Megan Fox sat on my face the whole season . . .

Old
07-18-2012, 12:23 PM
S Bah

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by windycity View Post
nothing will make a lockout season bearable, even if Megan Fox sat on my face the whole season . . .
Are you saying Megan Fox would make a good hat?Or that you would rather be blind for the Lockout season?

Old
07-19-2012, 09:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by montreal View Post
Did someone say Quailer wouldn't make the team? He was recently signed so he has to as he can't go back to the NCAA once you sign a pro contract.

As for Holland he can play all 3 forward positions and some think that Bournival will be better on the wing, so at this point who knows where and on what lines anyone will be playing.
Someone wrote in his lineup that he would be an extra or would be assigned to the ECHL... I'm aware about the NCAA rules... I'm not sure what you didn't understand.

Old
07-19-2012, 10:18 AM
windycity

Quote:
Originally Posted by S Bah View Post
Are you saying Megan Fox would make a good hat?Or that you would rather be blind for the Lockout season?
well I don't normally wear hats on my face . . .

Old
07-19-2012, 10:56 AM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by #57 View Post
Someone wrote in his lineup that he would be an extra or would be assigned to the ECHL... I'm aware about the NCAA rules... I'm not sure what you didn't understand.
when you said he wouldn't make the team I assumed you thought he would be going back to the NCAA.

Old
07-19-2012, 12:38 PM
DekeLikeYouMeanIt
Ohhhh you mad

If Quailer is sent to the ECHL right away, I demand the staff to be fired

Old
07-19-2012, 12:51 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by DekeLikeYouMeanIt View Post
If Quailer is sent to the ECHL right away, I demand the staff to be fired
why?

Old
07-19-2012, 01:10 PM
DekeLikeYouMeanIt
Ohhhh you mad

Because he deserves a spot? The kid has talent and size. Good potential. He can play LW.

Who do we have on LW? Geoffrion, Avtsin.... ?

Old
07-19-2012, 02:42 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Because he deserves a spot? The kid has talent and size. Good potential. He can play LW.

Who do we have on LW? Geoffrion, Avtsin.... ?
Quailer turns 23 in a couple days, over the last 4 years he's played in 105 games, so an average of 26 games a year. In the last 3 years he's missed almost a year and a half. To me when you have so many rookies, ice time could be hard to come by so I'd rather see him get lots of ice time in the ECHL vs little time in the AHL since he's played so little since being drafted.

As for LW, Bournvial, Holland, Leblanc, can all play there as well as Geoffrion, Avtsin and Quailer. I hope they put Quailer at LW since he looked better this past season at LW then he did in the previous season at RW.

Old
07-21-2012, 09:50 AM
NLHabsFan

I hope Qualier has a good (healthy) offseason which leads to a good year. I hope he gets some good playing time with the Bulldogs. The Habs need LW depth and quality, and it looks like Qualier may have something.

What do you think the Bulldogs defence will look like? Right now I see:

Beaulieu - LD
Ellis - RD
Nash - LD
Pateryn - RD
St. Denis - LD
Stejskal - RD
Tinordi - LD

Has there been any veterans signed yet? Or do you think there will be? I think there is some potential with them.

Old
07-21-2012, 02:37 PM
S Bah

Quote:
Originally Posted by NLHabsFan View Post
I hope Qualier has a good (healthy) offseason which leads to a good year. I hope he gets some good playing time with the Bulldogs. The Habs need LW depth and quality, and it looks like Qualier may have something.

Beaulieu - LD
Ellis - RD
Nash - LD
Pateryn - RD
St. Denis - LD
Stejskal - RD
Tinordi - LD

Has there been any veterans signed yet? Or do you think there will be? I think there is some potential with them.
On Defence Hamilton signed tough guy defenceman Kyle Hagel he's a LD/LW that Marc Bergevin likes apparently.Bergevin doesn't let his players get intimidated and insures that won't happen with the signings of Prust in Montreal and Hagel in Hamilton.

Old
07-21-2012, 04:43 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quote:

Beaulieu - LD
Ellis - RD
Nash - LD
Pateryn - RD
St. Denis - LD
Stejskal - RD
Tinordi - LD

I hope they add someone. Once Subban is signed we will be at 46 contracts, plus they could add some AHL contracts as well. Perhaps if it stays like this, it will look like,

Beaulieu St-Denis
Nash Ellis
Tinordi Pateryn
Stejskal

With Nash you want to see him paired with someone that is a solid stay at home type to cover his defensive zone problems. Beaulieu I would want to see him with someone that is also very steady in their own end. Pateryn is a little on the slow side but physical and solid in his own end. A Tinordi Pateryn pairing would look good on the PK as well. Perhaps Nash goes with Pateryn though as Tinordi and Ellis would be an interesting pairing.

But I assume they would add a vet on defense as if you go into the season with 4 out of 7 D as rookies and 6 of out 7 have only 1 full season or less of experience, that would make me think they will add someone at some point to bring more experience.

Old
07-21-2012, 05:21 PM
DekeLikeYouMeanIt
Ohhhh you mad

Quote:
Quailer turns 23 in a couple days, over the last 4 years he's played in 105 games, so an average of 26 games a year. In the last 3 years he's missed almost a year and a half. To me when you have so many rookies, ice time could be hard to come by so I'd rather see him get lots of ice time in the ECHL vs little time in the AHL since he's played so little since being drafted.

As for LW, Bournvial, Holland, Leblanc, can all play there as well as Geoffrion, Avtsin and Quailer. I hope they put Quailer at LW since he looked better this past season at LW then he did in the previous season at RW.
Both Bournival and Holland should be playing centre if all is healthy. And Leblanc (if he starts in the AHL) should play RW because that's what he'll probably be in the NHL.

If today was the start of the season, I wouldn't put Avtsin above Quailer.

Old
07-21-2012, 10:44 PM
Top Corner2

Quote:
I hope they add someone. Once Subban is signed we will be at 46 contracts, plus they could add some AHL contracts as well. Perhaps if it stays like this, it will look like,

Beaulieu St-Denis
Nash Ellis
Tinordi Pateryn
Stejskal

With Nash you want to see him paired with someone that is a solid stay at home type to cover his defensive zone problems. Beaulieu I would want to see him with someone that is also very steady in their own end. Pateryn is a little on the slow side but physical and solid in his own end. A Tinordi Pateryn pairing would look good on the PK as well. Perhaps Nash goes with Pateryn though as Tinordi and Ellis would be an interesting pairing.

But I assume they would add a vet on defense as if you go into the season with 4 out of 7 D as rookies and 6 of out 7 have only 1 full season or less of experience, that would make me think they will add someone at some point to bring more experience.
I imagine veteran AHLers are probably something that teams might want to take care of after the new CBA is signed. Just in case the AHL will need to accommodate a bunch of unemployed NHLers.

Old
07-22-2012, 09:21 AM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Both Bournival and Holland should be playing centre if all is healthy. And Leblanc (if he starts in the AHL) should play RW because that's what he'll probably be in the NHL.

If today was the start of the season, I wouldn't put Avtsin above Quailer.
I don't know what the teams plans are for Bournival and Holland. I've heard some say that Bournival might be better at LW and Holland I know was used on the wing at least when I saw him. At this point in the summer with a new coaching staff, it's hard to guess where these kids will lineup when they can play different positions.

As for Avtsin over Quailer, it depends on what kind of ice time the new coaches will give to the 4th line. If it's very little, then I'd rather have Avtsin playing a couple minutes a night on the 4th line then Quailer, who like I said before needs a lot of ice time imo since he's missed so much time and has played so little since being drafted. (for reference, in Quailer's draft year he played in just about 60% of the amount of games he's played in the 4 years since he was drafted) So the one thing I really want to see with Quailer is him getting a regular shift with regular minutes all season long. Granted we don't know what the plan will be for him but I don't care if it's in the AHL or ECHL, just want him to be on the ice as much as possible since he's lost so much development time.

Old
07-22-2012, 09:29 AM
NLHabsFan

Quote:
I don't know what the teams plans are for Bournival and Holland. I've heard some say that Bournival might be better at LW and Holland I know was used on the wing at least when I saw him. At this point in the summer with a new coaching staff, it's hard to guess where these kids will lineup when they can play different positions.

As for Avtsin over Quailer, it depends on what kind of ice time the new coaches will give to the 4th line. If it's very little, then I'd rather have Avtsin playing a couple minutes a night on the 4th line then Quailer, who like I said before needs a lot of ice time imo since he's missed so much time and has played so little since being drafted. (for reference, in Quailer's draft year he played in just about 60% of the amount of games he's played in the 4 years since he was drafted) So the one thing I really want to see with Quailer is him getting a regular shift with regular minutes all season long. Granted we don't know what the plan will be for him but I don't care if it's in the AHL or ECHL, just want him to be on the ice as much as possible since he's lost so much development time.
What is the LW depth right now? I thought it was pretty shallow, so I'm surprised to see them so low.

I thought Avtsin played RW?

Old
07-22-2012, 09:34 AM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quote:
What is the LW depth right now? I thought it was pretty shallow, so I'm surprised to see them so low.
We don't really know since we have several players that can play LW or center. It's impossible to guess what the team has in mind for each. Going into last season, Nattinen and Leblanc were centers the previous season but were never used down the middle. I actually thought Leblanc would end up a winger at some point but i was surprised to see Nattinen moved to the wing. So at this point it's anyones guess where guys like Holland, Bournival, Quailer, Leblanc, Nattinen, etc... play since we have not only a new coaching staff but new management, so whoever was behind moving Nattinen/Leblanc to the wing last year might be gone and this year they may have a different plan in mind. So any of the above players could be on the wing or at center.

Old
07-22-2012, 09:54 AM
NLHabsFan

Quote:
We don't really know since we have several players that can play LW or center. It's impossible to guess what the team has in mind for each. Going into last season, Nattinen and Leblanc were centers the previous season but were never used down the middle. I actually thought Leblanc would end up a winger at some point but i was surprised to see Nattinen moved to the wing. So at this point it's anyones guess where guys like Holland, Bournival, Quailer, Leblanc, Nattinen, etc... play since we have not only a new coaching staff but new management, so whoever was behind moving Nattinen/Leblanc to the wing last year might be gone and this year they may have a different plan in mind. So any of the above players could be on the wing or at center.
That's true. But didn't Nattinen play better when on the wing last year? The right side looks pretty full right now with Palushaj, Gallagher, Blunden, Schultz, Avtsin, and Berger. Also potentially Nattinen, LeBlanc, Dumont, and Holland, that all play both center and right wing.

Whereas the left side doesn't seem as strong to me, so I thought Qualier would have a good chance claiming a higher spot on the depth chart.

Old
07-22-2012, 11:16 AM
Roulin

Quote:
That's true. But didn't Nattinen play better when on the wing last year? The right side looks pretty full right now with Palushaj, Gallagher, Blunden, Schultz, Avtsin, and Berger. Also potentially Nattinen, LeBlanc, Dumont, and Holland, that all play both center and right wing.

Whereas the left side doesn't seem as strong to me, so I thought Qualier would have a good chance claiming a higher spot on the depth chart.
I think you're generally correct, the Habs organization has more talent on the right side. But as far as your examples, I know Palushaj played lots on the left side with the Habs, and I believe Avtsyn usually plays on his off wing.

Old
07-23-2012, 03:13 AM
S Bah

The Bulldogs oldest player at the present time is LD/LW Kyle Hagel @ 27yrs.with St.Denis LD @26, Desjardins G @26,Blunden C/RW @25,Nash LD @25 those are the veterans.The rest of the players for all intents and purposes are rookies,most haven't enough experience to predict what position the forwards will eventually play.At least the defencemen know that much and having two of their coaches being former defencemen in the NHL will be counted on heavily this season to keep the G/A down.The forwards will be learning to play strong two-way hockey with an eye to defence first,those that play sound defensively should gain more icetime.Leblanc,Bournival,Naatinen,Dumont,Geoffrio n,Gallagher,Holland,Quailer and Palushaj if he clears waivers will make up the first three lines IMO.All of these players will learn to play their opposite wings,thus knowing the players jobs on either side.Some players might be found to have the strength and talent to play center of those named 70% have played at center.A quality that Montreal Canadiens teams throughout history have always had and will again looking through this lineup.So don't worry about how many RW's and LW's the team has by the end of this season most forwards will be able to play wherever the coach asks them to.The coaches will have the defencemen ready to play and they won't have things any easier than the forwards or goalies.Go Bulldogs Go!

Old
07-23-2012, 09:39 AM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quote:

Nattinen was on the wing all season long, he struggled in the 1st half but looked much better in the 2nd half.

Berger plays on the LW, Avtsin has been used on either wing. Dumont played mostly center last season but not sure where they will use him next season. Along with Nattinen, Leblanc, Dumont, Holland, both Bournival and Quailer can also play either center or wing. As far as I know, Leblanc, Dumont, Holland, Quailer can play all 3 forward positions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roulin View Post
I think you're generally correct, the Habs organization has more talent on the right side. But as far as your examples, I know Palushaj played lots on the left side with the Habs, and I believe Avtsyn usually plays on his off wing.
Avtsin looks better at RW then left but they did put him at LW a few times last year.

Old
07-24-2012, 05:23 PM
bcv
My french sucks.

Zigomanis would be a good pickup for Hamilton, great vet plus he can put up points on the board.

Old
07-26-2012, 10:02 PM
habsprospects
Irresponsible User

Phil DeSimone signed AHL deal with the Albany Devils.

https://twitter.com/TGfireandice/sta...83607416000514

Habs Prospects website
Old
07-29-2012, 05:09 PM
S Bah

Quote:
Originally Posted by habsprospects View Post
Phil DeSimone signed AHL deal with the Albany Devils.

https://twitter.com/TGfireandice/sta...83607416000514
Missed your website the last few days,good to see it's up and running again.Nice format easy to find the info as always.

Closed Thread