HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Hamilton Bulldogs/Wheeling Nailers 2011-12 season V2.0

Closed Thread

Old
02-11-2012, 06:11 PM
S Bah

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miller Time View Post
a bit of an assumption on my part, but don't you think part of why Carolina waived him in the fist place is to get rid of his contract for next year?

in any case, not a big deal, though I do hope that we bring in someone who can play a first line/top-6 role with the dogs next year that also has some size/grit to his game.

With so many rookies likely to battle for a spot on the dogs next year, I really don't want to see Tinordi being stuck playing the main "protector" role, be nice to have a forward that can play and stick up for those kids in the lineup...

maybe schultz is good enough...
I'm pretty sure Gauthier won't allow his prospects to be bullied much as he's done with the Habs.Henry,Conboy and Schultz will be there and they may bring Bonneau back.Anyway it's good to see Schultz assisting my favorite Bulldog, Gabriel Dumont in scoring Hamilton's only goal today.

Old
02-11-2012, 06:47 PM
DekeLikeYouMeanIt
Ohhhh you mad

vCash: 500
Nasty game. Awesome.

Old
02-11-2012, 09:17 PM
Aurel Joliat

Wow, White with 22 PIM !!! Can't wait to see this SOB back in the line-up

I hope he won his fight against Aulie

Old
02-12-2012, 12:45 AM
SNM87
Habby Habitants

Not sure if these have been posted, Schultz fights from Jan.28 game Vs. Lake Erie.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...v=5AYtQqoNvIs#!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=AraJbuK-RMo

Old
02-12-2012, 01:25 AM
overlords
Global Moderator
Jack Arse

Quote:
Originally Posted by habitants19 View Post
Not sure if these have been posted, Schultz fights from Jan.28 game Vs. Lake Erie.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...v=5AYtQqoNvIs#!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=AraJbuK-RMo
I really hope he improved his conditioning and skating enough to become a regular in a year or two, he is one hell of a fighter.

"overlords is one of my favorite people on this entire site." - Hfboards
Old
02-12-2012, 01:59 AM
The Kremelin Wall*
the krEMELIN wall

What I like about Schultz the most is he gets rocked a lot with solid punches but he never turns into a baby coward like Komisarek did. We should send him to Montreal over the summer to work out with Patches and Subban. They can hook him up with bison meat.

Old
02-12-2012, 02:02 AM
overlords
Global Moderator
Jack Arse

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Kremelin Wall View Post
What I like about Schultz the most is he gets rocked a lot with solid punches but he never turns into a baby coward like Komisarek did. We should send him to Montreal over the summer to work out with Patches and Subban. They can hook him up with bison meat.
It's too bad we just got rid of our Biosteel connection.

Old
02-12-2012, 02:07 AM
DekeLikeYouMeanIt
Ohhhh you mad

Quote:
Originally Posted by overlords View Post
It's too bad we just got rid of our Biosteel connection.
LOL I think Gio and Gill do the BioSteel ****.

Old
02-12-2012, 08:50 AM
AllCanadienFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aurel Joliat View Post
Wow, White with 22 PIM !!! Can't wait to see this SOB back in the line-up

I hope he won his fight against Aulie
It was actually Fitzgerald who fought Aulie. Before the ensuing face off White whacked Kadri in the head with his stick and those two fought. All joined in so the ref got rid of them all with misconducts.
The last fight started when Lawson hooked Mueller around the neck. Schultz came to his defense and the game sheet tells the rest. I got to believe there will be some suspensions over this but who knows.
All in all a very poor effort by the Dogs, coaches, referee and official scorers. Just one of those days. I guess when you ice a team with 4-5 guys that should be in the ECHL against a team that has 4-5 guys that have a number of NHL games under their belt you will get a result like this.

Old
02-12-2012, 09:02 AM
The Kremelin Wall*
the krEMELIN wall

Is Avtsin injured or scratched?

Old
02-12-2012, 09:34 AM
AllCanadienFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Kremelin Wall View Post
Is Avtsin injured or scratched?
Injured in Grand Rapids, don't know what. Willsie got hurt against San Antonio and Stejskal didn't return after the first period yesterday. Should be an interesting line-up today.

Old
02-12-2012, 09:43 AM
TroyM

Avtsin has a wrist injury AFAIK but that's only what I remember someone mentioning earlier in the thread.

Old
02-12-2012, 12:05 PM
LyricalLyricist

vCash: 50
Might have missed it but how is Philip DeSimone? Is this a guy who has legit NHL potential or it's rather unlikely?

Old
02-12-2012, 12:23 PM
AllCanadienFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by LyricalLyricist View Post
Might have missed it but how is Philip DeSimone? Is this a guy who has legit NHL potential or it's rather unlikely?
He's a rookie that can put up points (22 to date) and is still learning to play defense (-19 to date). Will be easier to answer your question next year but he's definitely been a pleasant surprise to the Dogs.

Old
02-12-2012, 12:30 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by LyricalLyricist View Post
He has struggled as the season wore on, likely hitting a wall physically since most rookies out of the NCAA seem to run into problems as they try to adjust to the much longer schedule. He's got good wheels and hands but lacks strength and really struggles in his own end. Has bounced all over the lineup as well as I don't think the coaching staff are overly happy with his defensive efforts (they really seem to like the hard working 2 way guys)

I don't know what his future holds for the NHL but I could see him getting an NHL contract over the summer, although with the incoming crop we have I don't know what the Habs will do with him. I'd bring him back as he is skilled offensively but will be interesting to see how the roster shapes up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllCanadienFan View Post
Injured in Grand Rapids, don't know what. Willsie got hurt against San Antonio and Stejskal didn't return after the first period yesterday. Should be an interesting line-up today.
I know they asked Avtsin to play despite his injured wrist, guess that wasn't a good idea since he's had a lot of problems with his wirst in the past (if it's the same one, I don't know as info on injuries is top secret it appears) They said Willsie is day to day.

Quote:
all in all a very poor effort by the Dogs, coaches, referee and official scorers. Just one of those days. I guess when you ice a team with 4-5 guys that should be in the ECHL against a team that has 4-5 guys that have a number of NHL games under their belt you will get a result like this.
I turned the game off after it was 2-0 as I thought it was going to be anouther tough night for Mayer. The goaltending has really let down the team this year overall, even though it's been a tough season with injuires/callups but still you can't keep giving up 4 goals a game and expect to win. I don't know what it's going to take for the team to rethink things and give Mayer some time off and let Delmas get his feet wet with some games as he appears to be the Dogs future goalie by default as I'm not a fan of Mayer at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miller Time View Post
a bit of an assumption on my part, but don't you think part of why Carolina waived him in the fist place is to get rid of his contract for next year...
Not really cause if we got him off waivers and tried to send him down then the canes get him back and can then send him right to the AHL. I don't follow Stewart but if it were the Habs, i'd rather have the player in the AHL since it doesn't impact cap space and he can help the AHL team.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsolument90 View Post
They really don't have a chance without a goalie and with that disgusting depth.
they were playing much better but the goaltending hasn't been there and the effort the past few games has been disappointing despite the problems dressing a full lineup.

Old
02-12-2012, 12:39 PM
MasterDecoy
Carlos Danger

vCash: 1707
Quote:
It was actually Fitzgerald who fought Aulie. Before the ensuing face off White whacked Kadri in the head with his stick and those two fought. All joined in so the ref got rid of them all with misconducts.
The last fight started when Lawson hooked Mueller around the neck. Schultz came to his defense and the game sheet tells the rest. I got to believe there will be some suspensions over this but who knows.
All in all a very poor effort by the Dogs, coaches, referee and official scorers. Just one of those days. I guess when you ice a team with 4-5 guys that should be in the ECHL against a team that has 4-5 guys that have a number of NHL games under their belt you will get a result like this.
wait, kadri fought white?

Old
02-12-2012, 12:47 PM
AllCanadienFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterDecoy View Post
wait, kadri fought white?
After White hit him in the head with his stick. Guess that pissed him off. It was a real bone head play by White, I can't believe he won't get suspended for it if Stafford got a game for throwing a water bottle.

Old
02-12-2012, 01:02 PM
MasterDecoy
Carlos Danger

vCash: 1707
Quote:
After White hit him in the head with his stick. Guess that pissed him off. It was a real bone head play by White, I can't believe he won't get suspended for it if Stafford got a game for throwing a water bottle.
kadri must have gotten demolished

Old
02-12-2012, 01:12 PM
overlords
Global Moderator
Jack Arse

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterDecoy View Post
kadri must have gotten demolished
Somehow, I doubt it. Had he gotten killed by White, we'd have leafs fans left and right demanding him to be suspended or drawn and quartered or whatever. Was probably mostly a hugging match.

Old
02-12-2012, 01:14 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quote:
just went back and watched the play. Not sure why white crossed him up high but it looked like kadri was running his mouth at white. So then kadri punches white with his gloves on, so white drops his and starts punching, kadri tries to turttle but after white gets grabbed by 2 marlies, kadri starts punching white since he was tied up and couldn't fight back.

will be interesting to see what happens from the league and the remaining games against the marlies.

Old
02-12-2012, 02:19 PM
Hannibal
Brandon Prust FTW

Quote:
Originally Posted by montreal View Post
just went back and watched the play. Not sure why white crossed him up high but it looked like kadri was running his mouth at white. So then kadri punches white with his gloves on, so white drops his and starts punching, kadri tries to turttle but after white gets grabbed by 2 marlies, kadri starts punching white since he was tied up and couldn't fight back.

will be interesting to see what happens from the league and the remaining games against the marlies.
and what happenned with Schultz?

Old
02-12-2012, 02:58 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Fortier White Nattinen
Dumont Masse Schultz
Lefebvre Engqvist DiSimone
FitzGerald xxxx Berger

St-Denis Stafford
Mitera Callahan
Henry Fast

Lawson

Avtsin and Willsie are day to day. Stejskal out as well but no update on him.

Dogs playing much better today, White was really good on the PK without his stick as he kept the puck tied up along the wall killing a nice chunk of time before getting it out.

Old
02-12-2012, 03:16 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

White scored a beauty. White 3 (unassisted) 1-0 Dogs in the 2nd.

White drove the puck up ice, went hard to the net and tucked it in under the goalie.

Old
02-12-2012, 03:27 PM
overlords
Global Moderator
Jack Arse

Quote:
Originally Posted by montreal View Post
White scored a beauty. White 3 (unassisted) 1-0 Dogs in the 2nd.

White drove the puck up ice, went hard to the net and tucked it in under the goalie.
You watch more hamilton games than me, but what is white doing differently to put up points like this? I'm a big fan of his, but even when he had earned his spot with the habs, he hadn't really been putting up big points at the AHL level like this. It's a small sample size, but then again he's also coming back from a major injury. Just a hot streak, or is he doing something different?

Old
02-12-2012, 03:30 PM
overlords
Global Moderator
Jack Arse

RRRRRRRRRRRRRRYAN White with another goal!

Closed Thread