HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Leafs GM Brian Burke is furious with Don Cherry

Closed Thread

Old
01-28-2012, 06:07 PM
The Podium
Formerly chrisx101

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Interactif View Post
Come on, you know why.

You don't have cameras on you with millions of people watching you, you also don't represent the company(The Leafs), he was at work, if I show up at a function as a rep for my company, I make sure I follow the proper etiquette. You as a fan are free to do what you want, most would clap out of sincere respect. If you are taking a political stance that's different. For what I know Wilson wasn't.
So you wouldn't care if he wasn't at work? Its not like he did anything disrespectful. Clapping is not a requirement he is free to do whatever he chooses.

Old
01-28-2012, 06:10 PM
Interactif

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisx101 View Post
So you wouldn't care if he wasn't at work? Its not like he did anything disrespectful. Clapping is not a requirement he is free to do whatever he chooses.
I would care less, correction it wasn't disrespectful to some, to speak for all would be an ignorant thing to do, wouldn't you agree?

Old
01-28-2012, 06:12 PM
rojac
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Come on, you know why.

You don't have cameras on you with millions of people watching you, you also don't represent the company(The Leafs), he was at work, if I show up at a function as a rep for my company, I make sure I follow the proper etiquette. You as a fan are free to do what you want, most would clap out of sincere respect. If you are taking a political stance that's different. For what I know Wilson wasn't.
In other words, it's more important to look like you're respecting the military than to actually do it.

It's more respectful to clap and think "Look at all the idiotic trained seals clapping for these idiotics who put their lives in danger for no real good reason" than to not clap and think "the armed forces do a good job for Canada".

I've got to admit, I find it interesting that people are less likely to question the motives of those people who go through all the motions liking being sure to always stand for the national anthem, and so forth when that is exactly the behaviour I would expect out of someone who was trying to hide something.

Old
01-28-2012, 06:20 PM
crump
~ ~ (ړײ) ~ ~

vCash: 671
http://video.mapleleafs.nhl.com/vide...=802&id=149830

Here is a video of the night they honored the military. There are shots of the crowd clapping numerous times. The camera is rarely on Wilson. How does anybody know if he clapped or not. Was Don Cherry staring at Wilson the whole time? That's not showing much respect to the military is it, when you are more concerned with catching someone Not clapping? This Wilson bashing is ludicrous. Close the thread now. It's a non issue and Cherry should be ashamed of himself.

Old
01-28-2012, 06:25 PM
The Podium
Formerly chrisx101

Quote:
I would care less, correction it wasn't disrespectful to some, to speak for all would be an ignorant thing to do, wouldn't you agree?
I would agree, it just seems like a silly reason for Cherry and others to be taking shots at Wilson. For all we know he did clap, the camera wasn't focused on Wilson for the whole segment.

Old
01-28-2012, 06:27 PM
feeel10

I wonder if those fans whining about the leafs on ''americanization-mode''are the same who laugh at the habs and their ''French'' coach/player situation... its not different at all. In the end, its all about the product and the results and right now, our best players are american period

Old
01-28-2012, 06:27 PM
LeaffanDM

Don cherry is old and washed up. He doesnt know what the hell hes talking about half the time.

Old
01-28-2012, 06:41 PM
ThreeHundred

Cherry is an idiot and so is Wilson lol

I just want us to win

Old
01-28-2012, 06:43 PM
nhlfan9191

Quote:
Originally Posted by nodeal View Post
Tell us how you really feel.

Oh no he didn't clap! American scum!!!
Lol Ron Wilson is scum. Not because he didn't clap tho. Look at him. He always looks like a bug crawled up his you know what. Seriously, the look he always has on his face makes me want to walk up too him and ask him what his problem is. Not trying to be a troll. But I think the leaf's could be in a playoff spot right now if they had a coach that wasn't hated by the players.

Old
01-28-2012, 07:08 PM
White Pine

I don't think Burke should waste his time with what some analyst thinks.

Old
01-28-2012, 07:18 PM
Confucius

|Cherry's been here forever, I respect him. Burke and Wilson will be mere blips in the history of the Leafs. Both will be gone within 5 years.

Old
01-28-2012, 07:24 PM
Burkeburger*

People should move/make an expression/breath differently when someone like Don Cherry is looking at them in certain situations.

Old
01-28-2012, 07:45 PM
Sam Slick*

Quote:
Originally Posted by nodeal View Post
Tell us how you really feel.

Oh no he didn't clap! American scum!!!
Sure, go ahead and belittle the clap....but you are just hiding behind what is real. It is about our Troops. That is the bottom line and Wilson is an American and the clapping would have just shown respect. If you want to make this about Canadian vs American....lets go, because I am all Canadian all the way. I served my country for 10 years. Also, do Americans ever wonder if there is a world outside of the USA? That is what this is about.

ps. Canadians are loved world wide.....Americans, not so much.

pps. I just hope the Americans never discover we have oil....or they just might try to find WMD's here.

Old
01-28-2012, 08:00 PM
Frankie

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Pine View Post
I don't think Burke should waste his time with what some analyst thinks.
i agree. burke seems to care deeply what people think of him. for all his brash, tough guy talk, and his generally angry demeanor, he wants everyone to love him. can't handle much criticism.

Old
01-28-2012, 08:08 PM
MrLegend28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Slick View Post
Sure, go ahead and belittle the clap....but you are just hiding behind what is real. It is about our Troops. That is the bottom line and Wilson is an American and the clapping would have just shown respect. If you want to make this about Canadian vs American....lets go, because I am all Canadian all the way. I served my country for 10 years. Also, do Americans ever wonder if there is a world outside of the USA? That is what this is about.

ps. Canadians are loved world wide.....Americans, not so much.

pps. I just hope the Americans never discover we have oil....or they just might try to find WMD's here.
Wilson is as American as Sidney Crosby is

Old
01-28-2012, 08:14 PM
ULF_55
Global Moderator

Enough of this nonsense.

Focus should be on hockey not politics here.

Vaive and Ludzik on collapse, and Phaneuf.
Closed Thread