HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

Andre Kostitsyn for Penner +

Old
01-28-2012, 11:24 AM
damacles1156

vCash: 500
Don't know how many times it has to be said.

But Dean is not going to trade a top flight prospect or his 1st for another fringe 20 -25 goal scorer.

The Kings have about five of those (all underperforming). If Dean deals the first pick or another high end prospect; Carter better be coming the other way.

damacles1156 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2012, 11:28 AM
SnapVirus

Kostitsyn is smaller but hit way much more than Penner.

Who cares about the size if he uses it like a girl.

SnapVirus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2012, 11:28 AM
damacles1156

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redarmynative View Post
So do you want to win a Cup now or in five years and possibly never?
Yah because the Kings are AK away from wining the cup.

Are you for real guy ? do you even watch the Kings play ?

Old
01-28-2012, 11:30 AM
Oleg Petrov

Quote:
Originally Posted by damacles1156 View Post
Don't know how many times it has to be said.

But Dean is not going to trade a top flight prospect or his 1st for another fringe 20 -25 goal scorer.

The Kings have about five of those (all underperforming). If Dean deals the first pick or another high end prospect; Carter better be coming the other way.
What would Dean give up to acquire a solid Top 6 forward and rid himself of Penner for the rest of the season?

I think the price to acquire Carter is going to be high, and secondly given his contract and current woes I'm not sure that he's worth it.

Oleg Petrov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2012, 11:32 AM
damacles1156

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oleg Petrov View Post
What would Dean give up to acquire a solid Top 6 forward and rid himself of Penner for the rest of the season?

I think the price to acquire Carter is going to be high, and secondly given his contract and current woes I'm not sure that he's worth it.
You don't have to rid yourself of Penner, he is gone after the season is over. Why pay to move him ?

Cap relief ?

The Kings don't need it unless they plan to add a big contract. If that happens they will simply bury Penner or waive him or trade him in that trade.

The Kings can also add Gagne to Long term IR and get cap relief if need be. They don't need to move Penner; and add prospects+picks to get rid of him.

That's horrible assest management.

Old
01-28-2012, 11:34 AM
Oleg Petrov

Quote:
You don't have to rid yourself of Penner, he is gone after the season is over. Why pay to move him ?

Cap relief ?

The Kings don't need it unless they plan to add a big contract. If that happens they will simply bury Penner or waive him or trade him in that trade. .
Addition by subtraction? Is Penner being away from the team a positive thing? Also, you have to look at it from a financial point of view, I'm sure the Kings would rather move Penner than put him in the minors.

Old
01-28-2012, 11:36 AM
damacles1156

Quote:
Addition by subtraction? Is Penner being away from the team a positive thing? Also, you have to look at it from a financial point of view, I'm sure the Kings would rather move Penner than put him in the minors.
The Kings have the richest owner in the NHL. I am sure Uncle Phil would not mind paying Penner in the AHL if it made the team better.

Right now most of Penner's contract is already payed for. They only owe him 1.5 mill or so.

Old
01-28-2012, 11:37 AM
DekeLikeYouMeanIt
RIP

Quote:

Technically, the Kings are stacked at D and G. Maybe 1 or 2 AKs away from being at the top.

As to the proposal, that's garbage and I hope it doesn't happen. Kings won't ADD to let go of UFA Penner and I don't ever wanna see Penner in a Habs jersey.

DekeLikeYouMeanIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2012, 11:38 AM
Knight of the Realm
Heart & Soul

If you want Penner I'd trade him straight up for Moen.

Knight of the Realm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2012, 11:41 AM
Marshal Rochambeau
N.J. Hockey Club

Quote:

He wouldn't hurt their chances.

Marshal Rochambeau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2012, 11:45 AM
Knight of the Realm
Heart & Soul

Quote:
He wouldn't hurt their chances.
He's better than some options but not really worth the asking price to the LA imho. Kings have good assets but they are limited. Rather move them for someone of a higher caliber if possible.

Old
01-28-2012, 11:46 AM
Oleg Petrov

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsolument90 View Post
Technically, the Kings are stacked at D and G. Maybe 1 or 2 AKs away from being at the top.

As to the proposal, that's garbage and I hope it doesn't happen. Kings won't ADD to let go of UFA Penner and I don't ever wanna see Penner in a Habs jersey.
Everything else being equal, Over a 20 game stretch if you put Penner in the Habs lineup over AK, what would be the difference in wins for the team?

I would say +/- 2 wins. From the sounds of it, your saying they would lose 10 straight.

Old
01-28-2012, 11:52 AM
Reaper45

Send a message via AIM to Reaper45
AK is better than Penner by far, but the asking price isn't worth it for the Kings, he's just not enough to put them over the top.

Reaper45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2012, 11:54 AM
Marshal Rochambeau
N.J. Hockey Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight of the Realm View Post
He's better than some options but not really worth the asking price to the LA imho. Kings have good assets but they are limited. Rather move them for someone of a higher caliber if possible.
Who would be a better target aside from Parise? I am sure that Lombardi will give Lou a call our two but let's leave him out of this.

Marshal Rochambeau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2012, 11:56 AM
Reaper45

Send a message via AIM to Reaper45
Quote:
Who would be a better target aside from Parise? I am sure that Lombardi will give Lou a call our two but let's leave him out of this.
Parise, Carter, I'm sure Lombardi would ask about Ruutu before he would about AK.

Reaper45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2012, 11:58 AM
damacles1156

Quote:
Jeff Carter

Ruutu (Although I don't think the Kings have what Carolina is looking for).

Old
01-28-2012, 11:59 AM
Knight of the Realm
Heart & Soul

Quote:
Carter is the guy most Kings fans are looking at.

JVR-if any truth to the rumours

Ruutu -probably about equal to AK47 but I like him better

Prospal would probably be cheaper.

Stafford is out there with more years.

I think I would even take Hemsky honestly.

Last edited by Knight of the Realm: 01-28-2012 at 12:16 PM.
Old
01-28-2012, 12:04 PM
Mathradio
Drive for 25

Is Los Angeles really higher on AK46 than Nashville?

Mathradio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2012, 12:27 PM
Asheru

Quote:
So do you want to win a Cup now or in five years and possibly never?
Oh come now. Are you going to use that to justify any move whatsoever?

Montreal apparently doesn't want Penner, I doubt AK's a good fit with LA's style (even though they need talent), and anyway, Penner comes off the books this summer.

Asheru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2012, 12:28 PM
Clipitar

Quote:
I don't think L.A. can acquire AK without moving someone off their roster, whether that is a loan or a trade is up to them I guess.

I agree, their 1st would be about right.

As far as re-signing AK is concerned, I have a problem with giving him $4million +, only because I feel that's a lot for a player who is a tweener between their top 6 and third line. Also, you would have to think that Gallagher and Leblanc are going to take roster spots within the next year.
The way I see it, AK and Eller have great chemistry. So the top-6/3rd-line discourse doesn't matter much to me. Wherever Eller ends up, AK will be on his right wing. I see Eller as a 2nd line center, so that makes AK a top-6 winger, even if there are 2 other scoring lines as well (Cole-DD-Pac & Plekanec-Bourque).

I think if Habs aspire to be a great team, talking both of a top-9 (in terms of scoring depth) and a shutdown line (that is one of these scoring lines as well not the 4th "energy" line) is the way to go.

Clipitar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2012, 12:35 PM
brunosevigny

Of course MTL is not high on Penner, nobody is. The only reason he was on the proposal (I think) is for the salary dump. Basicaly it is kostitsyn for a 1st DP or a good prospect. I agree you should go for Ruutu first, but if impossible, AK is a good asset for a playoff run. For Parise or Carter, it will cost a lot to acquire them, if i'm Dean, i'll wait at the free agency and put big money on Parise.

brunosevigny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2012, 12:36 PM
Clipitar

Ruutu isn't really better than AK though. While he may be better defensively, he's also much more injury-prone. AK also is more physical.

I guess it depends what you value more and the amount of risk you're willing to take.

Clipitar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2012, 12:42 PM
Knight of the Realm
Heart & Soul

Quote:
Originally Posted by brunosevigny View Post
Of course MTL is not high on Penner, nobody is. The only reason he was on the proposal (I think) is for the salary dump. Basicaly it is kostitsyn for a 1st DP or a good prospect. I agree you should go for Ruutu first, but if impossible, AK is a good asset for a playoff run. For Parise or Carter, it will cost a lot to acquire them, if i'm Dean, i'll wait at the free agency and put big money on Parise.
There just isn't much out there as far as top tier players go. Parise is a pipedream-if the kings stay put and don't make any moves toward the future(ala Carter) then most likely they are waiting for salary to come off the books to take a run at him. LA has had great difficulty getting UFAs to come out west tho and I think they will jump at a guy like Carter if the cost is right rather than take a chance on Parise maybe wanting to come to LA.

I think everk Kings fan would take ZP over Carter, but I just don't see it happening.

Old
01-28-2012, 12:44 PM
Young Gun

Quote:
You spelt Andrei Kostitsyn wrong.

He is the Habs hardest working player. The Kings would have to add a considerable amount.
No wonder we won't make the playoffs, Ak is hardest worker on the team. Where has he been the last 2 yrs?? We all know why he's playing a tab harder this year !!! $$$
If Ak is the hardest worker on the team, this team is doomed.
Ak is a floating bum that only plays when he feels like it. Don't tear it up a whole lt when the playoff comes around either.

Young Gun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2012, 12:50 PM
brunosevigny

CLB has given Vorachek + 8 overall DP for Carter, the cost to get him will be huge. Maybe JJ+ or something like Bernier + Toffoli+. Your best asset to get Carter is certainly Bernier. The Jackets are having big problems in the net, as Stanford is their #1 right now.

brunosevigny is offline   Reply With Quote