HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Andre Kostitsyn for Penner +

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-28-2012, 01:50 PM
  #51
FiveForDrawingBlood
Registered User
 
FiveForDrawingBlood's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 1,477
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by damacles1156 View Post
Don't know how many times it has to be said.

But Dean is not going to trade a top flight prospect or his 1st for another fringe 20 -25 goal scorer.

The Kings have about five of those (all underperforming). If Dean deals the first pick or another high end prospect; Carter better be coming the other way.
I'd like to make a trade with Kings because they are known for some dumb trades like trading for Penner. That being said, Kings probably give away Penner. Habs trade Kostitsyn to a Nashville for a first round pick. He'd be good fit with his brother and Nashville needs goal scorers

FiveForDrawingBlood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2012, 01:52 PM
  #52
Hyperglide
Registered User
 
Hyperglide's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Ontario, Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,254
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oleg Petrov View Post
I'm not going to get into the name thing...but I'm Russian, that's how we would spell it. KOSTITSYN is a poor English translation, anyway.

If L.A. added a 1st or Hickey or Weal?
Then explain how you spelled his first name wrong too.. LOL!

Andre? That's how you spell it in NA. Nice try bub.

Hyperglide is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2012, 01:53 PM
  #53
dahlenrules
Registered User
 
dahlenrules's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Virginia
Country: United States
Posts: 2,095
vCash: 500
I'd rather have Karie Pryce.

dahlenrules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2012, 01:56 PM
  #54
Oleg Petrov
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 1,115
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyperglide View Post
Then explain how you spelled his first name wrong too.. LOL!

Andre? That's how you spell it in NA. Nice try bub.
http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/ar.../t-422629.html

Oleg Petrov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2012, 01:56 PM
  #55
Clipitar
Registered User
 
Clipitar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,383
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Young Gun View Post
No wonder we won't make the playoffs, Ak is hardest worker on the team. Where has he been the last 2 yrs?? We all know why he's playing a tab harder this year !!! $$$
If Ak is the hardest worker on the team, this team is doomed.
Ak is a floating bum that only plays when he feels like it. Don't tear it up a whole lt when the playoff comes around either.
Benoît, is that you?

Clipitar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2012, 01:59 PM
  #56
IBLeaf*
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Oakville, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,378
vCash: 500
Both players are pending UFAs. No need for LA to add a significant amount. Especially not a 1st.

IBLeaf* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2012, 02:04 PM
  #57
KingCanadain1976
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Thunder Bay Ont. Can
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,376
vCash: 500
i don't see la getting rid of there 1st for ak not that hes not worth it more because they don't have a second or third. Would richarson or lewis and choice of hickey dewisky or martinez work ?

KingCanadain1976 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2012, 02:07 PM
  #58
Clipitar
Registered User
 
Clipitar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,383
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpallday View Post
Both players are pending UFAs. No need for LA to add a significant amount. Especially not a 1st.
Yeah, but one is basically useless and the other one is serviceable for scoring depth. Penner would be a cap dump in this kind of deal, so the "significant amount" has to be the enticing part for Montreal.

Clipitar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2012, 02:07 PM
  #59
brunosevigny
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 329
vCash: 500
Richardson + Hickey or Martinez would do it for me!

brunosevigny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2012, 02:07 PM
  #60
Knight of the Realm
Champs Again!
 
Knight of the Realm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Westeros
Country: United Kingdom
Posts: 5,181
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FiveForDrawingBlood View Post
I'd like to make a trade with Kings because they are known for some dumb trades like trading for Penner. That being said, Kings probably give away Penner. Habs trade Kostitsyn to a Nashville for a first round pick. He'd be good fit with his brother and Nashville needs goal scorers
Most people thought Penner was gonna be the 20-30 goal scorer he averaged to be. No one expected what he is at the moment tho he has improved lately.

LA gave up Teubert (who never would have made the Kings) and a mid range first. AK47 could get something similar but not likely from LA.

Knight of the Realm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2012, 02:11 PM
  #61
UnderratedBrooks44
Registered User
 
UnderratedBrooks44's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Miranda's house
Posts: 12,871
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oleg Petrov View Post
I'm not going to get into the name thing...but I'm Russian, that's how we would spell it. KOSTITSYN is a poor English translation, anyway.

If L.A. added a 1st or Hickey or Weal?
Why is no one talking about this post? It's pure gold!

UnderratedBrooks44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2012, 02:18 PM
  #62
Hyperglide
Registered User
 
Hyperglide's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Ontario, Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,254
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by UnderratedBrooks44 View Post
Why is no one talking about this post? It's pure gold!
See above. He seems to think Andre is the "Russian way of spelling it" too.

Hyperglide is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2012, 02:23 PM
  #63
Oleg Petrov
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 1,115
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyperglide View Post
See above. He seems to think Andre is the "Russian way of spelling it" too.
Wow, as I showed in a previous post with a link. Kastsitsyn is the proper way of spelling his last name, Kostsitsyn is a butchered translation that has somehow stuck. Obviously his first name is Andrei, but thanks for nit picking.

Oleg Petrov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2012, 02:44 PM
  #64
yianik
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 1,897
vCash: 500
No thanks, Penner has skill but is a complete cream puff. Cant stand the guy and have always cringed at any rumours of the Habs being a team interested in him.

yianik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2012, 02:51 PM
  #65
Beakermania*
 
Beakermania*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Kingston or Hamilton
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,964
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by brunosevigny View Post
Richardson + Hickey or Martinez would do it for me!
Hickey is a B-U-S-T

Beakermania* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2012, 02:55 PM
  #66
habitue*
 
habitue*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,858
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by yianik View Post
No thanks, Penner has skill but is a complete cream puff. Cant stand the guy and have always cringed at any rumours of the Habs being a team interested in him.
Whre would the habs play him. The LW is pretty much clogged with MaxPac and Bourque. Penner as a third liner is useless. He won't be better anytime soon, also.

habitue* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2012, 02:55 PM
  #67
BigHabs
#11
 
BigHabs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,908
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Young Gun View Post
No wonder we won't make the playoffs, Ak is hardest worker on the team. Where has he been the last 2 yrs?? We all know why he's playing a tab harder this year !!! $$$If Ak is the hardest worker on the team, this team is doomed.
Ak is a floating bum that only plays when he feels like it. Don't tear it up a whole lt when the playoff comes around either.
Hmmmmmm, this after he said he would take a pay cut off his actual FA market price to stay in Montreal.

BigHabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2012, 03:09 PM
  #68
poetryinmotion
Registered User
 
poetryinmotion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 5,182
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clipitar View Post
Benoît, is that you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs Hotel View Post
Hmmmmmm, this after he said he would take a pay cut off his actual FA market price to stay in Montreal.
You guys are defeating the purpose of my ignore list
That guy is the most ignorant poster I've ever seen, in fact I just think he is trolling our fanbase.

Anyway, I would keep AK because him and Eller are dominant. Two big guys with tons of skill on our third line that can shut the opposition down (see Detroit vs. Datsyuk) and Andrei even said he will take less money to stay with the team he loves. I'm not realy interested in trading him at all especially not for Penner and a bust of a prospect.


Quote:
Originally Posted by KingCanadain1976 View Post
i don't see la getting rid of there 1st for ak not that hes not worth it more because they don't have a second or third. Would richarson or lewis and choice of hickey dewisky or martinez work ?
Negatory.

poetryinmotion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2012, 03:13 PM
  #69
brunosevigny
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 329
vCash: 500
Hickey is only 22, is +13 in the AHL and has clearly improved is defensive play. Don't forget AK is UFA and we might be able to sign him back in july. And I would definitely not sign him at 3,5M+.

brunosevigny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2012, 03:16 PM
  #70
Beakermania*
 
Beakermania*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Kingston or Hamilton
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,964
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by brunosevigny View Post
Hickey is only 22, is +13 in the AHL and has clearly improved is defensive play. Don't forget AK is UFA and we might be able to sign him back in july. And I would definitely not sign him at 3,5M+.
http://www.hockeysfuture.com/article...7_draft_class/

Quote:
Thomas Hickey, D, Seattle Thunderbirds (WHL)-1st Round, 4th Overall
Status: Bust
Games Played in NHL: 0

Of the top 20 selections in the 2007 NHL draft, only Hickey, Logan MacMillan (selected by Anaheim 19th overall, now with Calgary) and Angelo Esposito (selected 20th overall by Pittsburgh, now with Dallas) have yet to make their NHL debut. At fourth overall, Hickey was an off-the-board selection, who has proven thus far that even a considerably lower pick would have been a squandered selection. He has been leapfrogged by relative unknowns within the organization such as Slava Voynov, Alec Martinez, and Jake Muzzin. Despite showing a bit more readiness this preseason, the Kings have repeatedly passed him over for a call-up and with good reason.

Billed as a skilled puck mover, Hickey has not overwhelmed anyone with his point totals for stretches, let alone seasons. Playing within an organization that values being hard to play against, Hickey has shown a game that lacks any semblance of competitive fire or physical sacrifice.

Beakermania* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2012, 03:17 PM
  #71
FanHabtic
Registered User
 
FanHabtic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 7,691
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by brunosevigny View Post
Hickey is only 22, is +13 in the AHL and has clearly improved is defensive play. Don't forget AK is UFA and we might be able to sign him back in july. And I would definitely not sign him at 3,5M+.
We have too many offensive minded prospect d-man as it is, why would we trade AK for yet another one?

AK is willing to take less to stay with the Habs. If you are the Habs GM you have to sign him up on that basis.

FanHabtic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2012, 03:24 PM
  #72
Oleg Petrov
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 1,115
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FanHabtic View Post
We have too many offensive minded prospect d-man as it is, why would we trade AK for yet another one?

AK is willing to take less to stay with the Habs. If you are the Habs GM you have to sign him up on that basis.
Less than Market Value. Not what he is currently earning.

Oleg Petrov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2012, 03:37 PM
  #73
FanHabtic
Registered User
 
FanHabtic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 7,691
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oleg Petrov View Post
Less than Market Value. Not what he is currently earning.
What he is earning now is market value.

FanHabtic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2012, 03:40 PM
  #74
brunosevigny
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 329
vCash: 500
An over 20 goals/year that play physical and may play in top 6 forwards for many teams? Is market value will be 4-4,5M / year. Maybe he will sign in MTL for 3,5 but I'm not sure.

brunosevigny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2012, 03:41 PM
  #75
Beakermania*
 
Beakermania*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Kingston or Hamilton
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,964
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FanHabtic View Post
What he is earning now is market value.
No it isn't.

UFA market value is higher than RFA.

Beakermania* is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:41 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.