HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Rangers-Stars-Sabres

Old
01-31-2012, 02:43 PM
CBJWennberg41
Formerly CBJBrassard

vCash: 500
Rangers-Stars-Sabres

Dallas Receives Derek Roy

Buffalo Receives Artem Anisimov, 1st NYR

New York Receives Brendan Morrow, Dallas 3rd, Buffalo 4th

This trade makes sense for all three teams. Morrow is a loss that the
Stars will miss, but Roy fills in a big hole for the
top 6 that the Stars have,it also lets Benn slide
back to his natural wing position. Buffalo gets Anisimov who can fill in the
void of Roy who now has the opportunity to play center again and has a
great potential. They also receive a late first from a deep draft that can be
used as a nice trading piece or another player for Buffalo's future. New York
receives Morrow, a fantastic top 6 winger, has that veteran presence that will
be a key asset in the locker room for a deep playoff run.

CBJWennberg41 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2012, 02:47 PM
BigG44

Benn doesn't need to slide back to his "natural" wing position. He's excelled as a center in this league, and that's his position now.

Big, physical centers that are highly skilled are very difficult to find. Why would you want to waste that?

Now Dallas might want Roy to fill in on the 2nd line behind Benn, but they have Ribeiro for that right now.

BigG44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2012, 02:48 PM
drinking bleach irl
don't be so serious

vCash: 436
Sabres take this. Stars probably don't. Rangers idk.

drinking bleach irl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2012, 02:52 PM
Revelation
Reanimated

Absolutely not from an NYR perspective. We give up Anisimov and a 1st for Morrow and some garbage picks?

Anisimov has as many points as Morrow despite being in a slump and getting 4th line minutes. And he's 10 years younger and on a cheaper contract. Add to that the 1st in a good draft and a bad deal becomes horrible.

No reason for Buffalo to do this, either. Anisimov will never be as good a player as Roy.

Dallas runs away laughing in this deal.

Revelation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2012, 02:52 PM
BigG44

After checking Roy's contract, this is waste for the Stars. Ribeiro performs just as well, and Roy isn't signed any longer. Both contracts expire next year. The only advantage is Roy is slightly younger, but his injury history is much more extensive.

This isn't worth it for Dallas. They have 2 Top 6 centers, and moving Benn to wing doesn't make much sense.

BigG44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2012, 02:53 PM
Ogi1Kenobi

Pointless proposal for Dallas. Jamie Benn is #1C on this team, and Ribeiro is #2C. Where does Roy fit in?

Ogi1Kenobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2012, 02:54 PM
Ogi1Kenobi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revelation View Post
Absolutely not from an NYR perspective. We give up Anisimov and a 1st for Morrow and some garbage picks?

Anisimov has as many points as Morrow despite being in a slump and getting 4th line minutes. And he's 10 years younger and on a cheaper contract. Add to that the 1st in a good draft and a bad deal becomes horrible.

No reason for Buffalo to do this, either. Anisimov will never be as good a player as Roy.

Dallas runs away laughing in this deal.
Sure we do.

Ogi1Kenobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2012, 02:58 PM
Frozen Failure
Best Threadkiller

Send a message via AIM to Frozen Failure Send a message via Yahoo to Frozen Failure
I wouldn't give up Morrow and a 3rd for Roy...

Frozen Failure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2012, 03:12 PM
Killem Dafoe
k.

vCash: 50
i would say no to this from a Rangers standpoint. i like Anisimov too much and Roys not coming our way, so pass.

Killem Dafoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2012, 03:16 PM
Paradigm

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigG44 View Post
After checking Roy's contract, this is waste for the Stars. Ribeiro performs just as well, and Roy isn't signed any longer. Both contracts expire next year. The only advantage is Roy is slightly younger, but his injury history is much more extensive.

This isn't worth it for Dallas. They have 2 Top 6 centers, and moving Benn to wing doesn't make much sense.
People need to stop with this - Roy has had one freak injury that cost him time.

What gives you this perception?

Paradigm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2012, 03:16 PM
Frozen Failure
Best Threadkiller

Send a message via AIM to Frozen Failure Send a message via Yahoo to Frozen Failure
Why are you telling guys who watch all the Stars games about where players slots into our lineup? Ribeiro made it a point to tell the coaching staff he wants to take the draws for that lineup, rather than let Ott slot in there.

Personally, I'm all for moving Benn back to the wing and back to being a triggerman because he is really good at it. I don't think Roy is the best guy for us considering we already have Ribeiro on a similar contract.

I'd rather Dallas go after Hemsky or Ruutu or Jokinen (or Huselius but LOL) than Roy if they're going to keep Benn in the middle. A C/LW upgrade on Ott would be preferred...

Frozen Failure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2012, 03:19 PM
Trxjw
Retired.

Eh, that kind of package from NY would only be given up for someone who has more mileage left than Morrow. He seems to have really taken a nose-dive this year and I think that intangible value he has to Dallas would make him too expensive to acquire.

If Roy could play wing, it would probably just make more sense to deal with Buffalo directly than get Dallas involved.

Trxjw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2012, 03:25 PM
CM Lundqvist
Best In The World

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trxjw View Post
Eh, that kind of package from NY would only be given up for someone who has more mileage left than Morrow. He seems to have really taken a nose-dive this year and I think that intangible value he has to Dallas would make him too expensive to acquire.

If Roy could play wing, it would probably just make more sense to deal with Buffalo directly than get Dallas involved.
I'd rather do that honestly, than give an overpriced package up for a bunch of intangibles.

Morrow has taken a nose-dive is an understatement. The years of physical play are finally starting to take an extensive toll on him. Unfortunately with smaller guys who play that kind of game, it happens.

CM Lundqvist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2012, 03:31 PM
Boose30

hell no, i moved from Buffalo to Dallas recently hoping id never have to see that POS Roy again. Dallas could do better than Roy for a center and Buffalo doesnt want that POS Anisimov.

Boose30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2012, 04:27 PM
thefifagod
I'm The Survivor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boose30 View Post
hell no, i moved from Buffalo to Dallas recently hoping id never have to see that POS Roy again. Dallas could do better than Roy for a center and Buffalo doesnt want that POS Anisimov.
What? I'd take Anisimov in a heartbeat. I'd do this deal and not think twice about it. Don't like it for the other two teams though.

thefifagod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2012, 04:29 PM
eco's bones

Glad Buffalo doesn't want that POS Anisimov because I wouldn't want to trade him and the 1st for the package we're getting here. I'll gladly keep Artem here where he belongs.

eco's bones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2012, 04:32 PM
Pukboy5kroner

Just take Dallas out of the picture and rework the deal between the NY teams.

Pukboy5kroner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2012, 04:42 PM
vipernsx
Flatus Expeller

Neiwendyk must still be in Dallas if that's the asking price for Morrow. News Flash, all these guys have about the same amount of points this season and Anisimov is the cheapest one and the only one without injury concerns and still getting better. #Rangersgethosed

More like take the Rangers out and just work it between Dallas and Buffalo. I don't want any part of Morrow and I don't see how Roy helps NY long term over AA.

vipernsx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2012, 04:58 PM
Bennrocks

Quote:
Originally Posted by vipernsx View Post
Neiwendyk must still be in Dallas if that's the asking price for Morrow. News Flash, all these guys have about the same amount of points this season and Anisimov is the cheapest one and the only one without injury concerns and still getting better. #Rangersgethosed

More like take the Rangers out and just work it between Dallas and Buffalo. I don't want any part of Morrow and I don't see how Roy helps NY long term over AA.
Wut?

Bennrocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2012, 05:25 PM
Chalfdiggity3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bennrocks View Post
Wut?
Hes basically stating that because Dallas got nothing for Brad Richards when they should have traded him for something and nobody wanted to trade with Neuwendyk because he was asking for to much.. My guess is that hes stating that your asking to much for Morrow.

Chalfdiggity3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2012, 05:42 PM
JayQueensNY88*

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBJBrassard16 View Post
Dallas Receives Derek Roy

Buffalo Receives Artem Anisimov, 1st NYR

New York Receives Brendan Morrow, Dallas 3rd, Buffalo 4th

This trade makes sense for all three teams. Morrow is a loss that the
Stars will miss, but Roy fills in a big hole for the
top 6 that the Stars have,it also lets Benn slide
back to his natural wing position. Buffalo gets Anisimov who can fill in the
void of Roy who now has the opportunity to play center again and has a
great potential. They also receive a late first from a deep draft that can be
used as a nice trading piece or another player for Buffalo's future. New York
receives Morrow, a fantastic top 6 winger, has that veteran presence that will
be a key asset in the locker room for a deep playoff run.
So NYR gives up a 1st and AA and they get a 3rd,4th and Morrow...NO! TERRIBLE DEAL

JayQueensNY88* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2012, 05:43 PM
Bennrocks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chalfdiggity3 View Post
Hes basically stating that because Dallas got nothing for Brad Richards when they should have traded him for something and nobody wanted to trade with Neuwendyk because he was asking for to much.. My guess is that hes stating that your asking to much for Morrow.
That's.... retarded #1 Richard's had a concussion and #2 reports out of new york say that we had a trade in place to NY and Richards refused to waive. I guess he also is assuming we got ripped off in the neal trade, you know, and it was our fault that Neal was producing as well with ELITE PASSER Brad Richards.

Bennrocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2012, 05:53 PM
New York RKY
Let's Go Rangers!

I only want to pieces coming back from Dallas and neither of them are Brendan Morrow.

I don't like this deal solely for the purpose that I believe Anisimov will soon be trade bait along with a couple of other pieces in an effort to bring back another top 6 forward. A younger one signed to a good contract. He just appears to be the odd man out in NY even though he has amazing talents.

01-31-2012, 05:59 PM
Gardner McKay
Niles, Pls.

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boose30 View Post
I can see you have watch Anismov play maybe 1-2 games. Great amount of a hockey sample to make a judgement on a player.