HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Tampa Bay Lightning
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

All Trade Deadline Talk (February 27th, 3PM ET)

Old
02-24-2012, 01:07 PM
Yzerplan
I has one.

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Downie View Post
but now it's funny to see that he's been so horrible that he's been a complete headache rather an addition.
There are a variety of factors in play here as to why it didnt work out well for Miettinen in Winnipeg. Missing training camp was going to affect him regardless of what NHL team he went to. His avg. icetime was just over 10 minutes a game and in total, he played a whopping 321 minutes over 27 games during his time as a Jet. Miettinen still has the drive and the ability to be a very serviceable NHL player.

Yzerplan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2012, 01:18 PM
Bolt32

Derrick Brassard? yes please! Think we could help him break out to be honest. Can finish the year as our 2nd center, next season as our 3rd or as a winger for Stamkos. Would be a hell of a pick up, and one that can really pay off.

Bolt32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2012, 01:27 PM
shello
@WShello9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bolt32 View Post
Derrick Brassard? yes please! Think we could help him break out to be honest. Can finish the year as our 2nd center, next season as our 3rd or as a winger for Stamkos. Would be a hell of a pick up, and one that can really pay off.
I'd love to have Brassard as well but with Carter, Vermette gone and looks like Pahlsson leaving they really don't have anyone left besides Johansen, and Brassard. Brassard also has 11 points in his last 12 games, his value might be a bit high at this moment so we'd might have to part with a little more than we'd like too.

shello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2012, 01:29 PM
The Yzerplan
Not enough goalies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bolt32 View Post
While I would love to have him, I don't think giving up assets for another center is such a good idea when our defense and goaltending are like this.

The Yzerplan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2012, 02:43 PM
The Hulk

if we were going to acquire brassard.. What would it take?

The Hulk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2012, 03:09 PM
TheDaysOf 04
Rated [SFY]

Quote:
Originally Posted by 91Stamkos View Post
if we were going to acquire brassard.. What would it take?
Could be something like what Downie got or a 2nd round pick + a little something else depending on which one of our 2nd rounders it was.

EE doesn't think it will happen though.

Quote:
Regarding Brassard rumors, connection is Boucher who coached him in junior, but last I heard interest was minimal, prob just "kicking tires"

Old
02-24-2012, 03:24 PM
LightningStrikes
SFY

vCash: 133
The Jackets aren't exactly deep at center too so their asking price could be higher than his actual value. Especially three days before TD.

LightningStrikes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2012, 04:25 PM
Felonious Python
Purple Squirrel

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDaysOf 04 View Post
Could be something like what Downie got or a 2nd round pick + a little something else depending on which one of our 2nd rounders it was.

EE doesn't think it will happen though.
Downie's not a fair comparison, as Colorado knew SFY was likely going to flip Quincey to a western conference team.

Felonious Python is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2012, 04:38 AM
stryfe604
Believes in Yzergod

Bruce Garrioch of the Ottawa Sun is reporting that the Tampa Bay Lightning have reached out to the Ottawa Senators regarding the availability of Dwayne Roloson. Down Craig Anderson indefinitely, the Ottawa front office may consider a swap as long that the price is reasonable. Back-up goaltender Alex Auld has struggled mightily this year, and prospect Robin Lehner - while incredibly talented - remains a question mark.

Read this over at Hockeybuzz, take it with a grain of salt I guess. Question what in Ottawa is a fair value for Rolie?

stryfe604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2012, 06:20 AM
Felonious Python
Purple Squirrel

Quote:
Originally Posted by stryfe604 View Post
Bruce Garrioch of the Ottawa Sun is reporting that the Tampa Bay Lightning have reached out to the Ottawa Senators regarding the availability of Dwayne Roloson. Down Craig Anderson indefinitely, the Ottawa front office may consider a swap as long that the price is reasonable. Back-up goaltender Alex Auld has struggled mightily this year, and prospect Robin Lehner - while incredibly talented - remains a question mark.

Read this over at Hockeybuzz, take it with a grain of salt I guess. Question what in Ottawa is a fair value for Rolie?
It'd be different if Ottawa reached out to Tampa Bay, but it does put an interesting spin on undoubtedly Roloson's final days in the NHL.

Roli was born in Simcoe, which was closer to York (now named Toronto) than Bytown (now Ottawa), but it would still be a homecoming of sorts.

However, I don't see why the Sens would want to trade Auld, since that's the other goalie they've got.

I do see a goalie coming the other way, should such a deal go down. I don't think it's in the cards this season to call up Tokarski, which would pretty much necessitate Auld our way (unless TB works out another deal)

I could see TB acting as the trade partner for both Ottawa and Montreal (for Budaj), which would mean another 3-way deal, but I just can't see that happening again so soon, especially with Ottawa and Montreal being in the same division. Somebody's gonna get ********.

Last edited by Felonious Python: 02-25-2012 at 06:31 AM.
Old
02-25-2012, 08:36 AM
Felonious Python
Purple Squirrel

Are we under some sort of double secret obligation to put in a claim on Mittens since we initially signed him?

I also forgot that they have to waive him if they are going to trade him.

Old
02-25-2012, 08:42 AM
Going Back to Cally
Sons of Pirates

vCash: 286
Quote:
Originally Posted by Felonious Python View Post
Are we under some sort of double secret obligation to put in a claim on Mittens since we initially signed him?
Just pure speculation but I wouldn't be surprised if Yzerman and Cheveldayoff have some kind of agreement. Why else would Mittens agree to be waived unless he knows he's leaving Winnipeg? Plus the waiving came the day after the Lightning played in Winnipeg so perhaps it's something the GMs talked about in the morning or during the game a la the Moore trade. We still have a forward spot open and I would chalk up atleast some of his bad season to being claimed off waivers by Winnipeg from a team he chose to sign with.

Going Back to Cally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2012, 11:39 AM
Yzlamic Extremist

vCash: 629
I wouldn't mind claiming Clitsome off of waivers.

Yzlamic Extremist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2012, 11:43 AM
Hockeyfan02

Quote:
Originally Posted by stryfe604 View Post

Mid round pick(4th-6th rounder) would be my guess. I hope there's a goalie coming to Tampa as well if there's a deal as I don't want to bring up Tokarski. He's not ready and he needs to carry the load for Norfolk down the stretch.

Hockeyfan02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2012, 12:23 PM
LightningStrikes
SFY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wyzerman View Post
!!!!!

Old
02-25-2012, 12:54 PM
sonny side up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wyzerman View Post
If we get him, I am just glad Paul Porter isn't dyslexic. Lightning GOAL scored by number 69, GRAAAAAAAAANT SOMEC|IT!

sonny side up is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2012, 05:47 PM
LightningStrikes
SFY

Quote:
Damian Cristodero ‏ @LightningTimes
Lightning GM Yzerman on trade deadline: "I don't foresee us doing a whole lot unless something is really good."
https://twitter.com/#!/LightningTimes

Old
02-25-2012, 05:57 PM
TBLHoser

Okay....after today I'm all in for getting rid of any d-man not named Hedman and any goalie for a bag of pucks....and that includes Brewer also... freakin' pylon.

If our D want to WATCH the game, then buy a flippin' ticket.

TBLHoser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2012, 10:49 PM
stryfe604
Believes in Yzergod

Quote:
Originally Posted by BucLight View Post
Okay....after today I'm all in for getting rid of any d-man not named Hedman and any goalie for a bag of pucks....and that includes Brewer also... freakin' pylon.

If our D want to WATCH the game, then buy a flippin' ticket.
Agreed, But I would still keep Mikkelsson. But the rest, so be it. Brewer has the NTC I think, the rest are not safe. All the talk SFY said about not making moves any more has been thrown out the window. He probably went on a tirade, and now is looking to move for Draft picks and temp players to fill positions. Hopefully SFY gets rid of Clark first.

stryfe604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2012, 12:07 AM
BOLTMAN

The Main Future Question (As of 2-26)

Wow .... What A situation.

We really have a legitimate chance to still make the playoffs. right?

But ... even if we do, we have to realize that we won't make it out of the first round. right?

So the question is, would we be better to put up the white flag and let sfy do his thing, before Mon. Night?

Lets face it, if he traded one or two more players we could end up a lottery pick.

Lets see, we got # 4 and # 91 and # 77 that way, didn't we.

So I'm thinking, we won't go far anyways so lets get another # 4 or # 91 or # 77, right?

Whats your thoughts (I mean, if we trade Malone or and someone else then that would guarenteed almost another # 4 or # 91 or # 77. right?

I would love it.

BOLTMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2012, 12:15 AM
HedMonster 77

we have no chance of making the playoffs. we would end up in the top 5 picks for sure

HedMonster 77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2012, 01:15 AM
snowden
Man is matter

If SFY is going to gut the team, might as well finish the job. Dump Roli for a 9th round pick, dump Clark, dump whoever else looks at SFY twice.

snowden is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2012, 02:58 AM
garmonbozia

Although I've seen nothing from the team this year that makes me think they WILL make the playoffs...they aren't entirely out of the question yet either.

8 points back of both the division lead and the 8th spot. 3 teams to hurdle either way. 21 games left, 12 of which are at home, 6 of which are against division opponents. Nobody in the division running away with it nor playing all that much consistently better than the Lightning.

In contrast, the Lightning are 17pts better than last in the league Columbus, 6 up on 2nd to last Edmonton, and in a 10 pt cluster**** of 15 teams with between 58 and 68 pts. including current SE division leader Florida and current 8th and 9th seeds Winnipeg and Washington.

Its one thing to be a 'seller' and try to acquire useful assets for ones not in the long term future. Its an entirely different, and much more horrible idea, to sell off useful bits in the hopes of picking a few spots higher in the draft.

If the commitment is to winning, and the message is preached to the players that its not OK to quit on a game just cause it isn't going their way...then it is entirely unacceptable to do what you propose with serious intent. It undermines that commitment, it devalues the message, in short (too late) it is not World Class.

garmonbozia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2012, 05:00 AM
Felonious Python
Purple Squirrel

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonny side up View Post
If we get him, I am just glad Paul Porter isn't dyslexic. Lightning GOAL scored by number 69, GRAAAAAAAAANT SOMEC|IT!
It's just Chief we need to worry about.

Old
02-26-2012, 06:17 AM
Bruwinz37

Boston Herald speculates today that the Bruins are interested in Ryan Malone.

Due to his cap hit and current level of production I cant see you getting much in return. Has he been discusses as a salary dump?

Overall thoughts on his play?

Bruwinz37 is offline   Reply With Quote