HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Tampa Bay Lightning
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

All Trade Deadline Talk (February 27th, 3PM ET)

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-27-2012, 07:10 PM
  #551
BOLTMAN
Registered User
 
BOLTMAN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 228
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bolts265 View Post
No one took Rolison...I'm shocked.
Hahahahaha

BOLTMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2012, 04:51 AM
  #552
Felonious Python
Moderator
Purple Squirrel
 
Felonious Python's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: The Hot Seat
Posts: 13,143
vCash: 500
Transcript of SFY's Trade Deadline 2012 Press ****ing Conference

http://lightning.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=619402


I liked that a theme emerged:

Quote:
Q: Did you have discussions about trading for a goaltender?
Quote:
Q: Did today’s moves change how you’re going to address your goaltending moving forward?
Quote:
Q: Did you have any other discussions about goaltenders?
SFY says no, and there's been no rumors of him crying on the phone to Dean Lombardi, so I guess he really didn't.

Felonious Python is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2012, 05:02 AM
  #553
LightningStrikes
Moderator
 
LightningStrikes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Country: Germany
Posts: 11,381
vCash: 50
After having slept over this, I'm still happy with yesterday's outcome.

[x] keep all draft picks (and therefore maximum flexibility on draft day to make trades or actual picks)
[x] bolster the blueline (as in adding 3 bodies with size and mobility for 1)
[x] short-term (as in improving the team now by adding Commodore, Lee, Aulie)
[x] possibly long-term (by adding RFAs Lee, Aulie)
[x] without overpaying (UFA for RFA, F depth for D depth)
[x] without adding huge contracts (term as well as $)
[x] without hurting Norfolk's playoff chances

LightningStrikes is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2012, 05:09 AM
  #554
Felonious Python
Moderator
Purple Squirrel
 
Felonious Python's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: The Hot Seat
Posts: 13,143
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LightningStrikes View Post
After having slept over this, I'm still happy with yesterday's outcome.

[x] keep all draft picks (and therefore maximum flexibility on draft day to make trades or actual picks)
[x] bolster the blueline (as in adding 3 bodies with size and mobility for 1)
[x] short-term (as in improving the team now by adding Commodore, Lee, Aulie)
[x] possibly long-term (by adding RFAs Lee, Aulie)
[x] without overpaying (UFA for RFA, F depth for D depth)
[x] without adding huge contracts (term as well as $)
[x] without hurting Norfolk's playoff chances
[ ] goalie
[ ] goalie?
[ ] GOALIE!!!!????

still missed a few, and time will tell how these deals work out, but it seemed to be a good ****ing day for SFY.

Felonious Python is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2012, 05:15 AM
  #555
LightningStrikes
Moderator
 
LightningStrikes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Country: Germany
Posts: 11,381
vCash: 50
The price tag for a #1 or #1 caliber goalie is too high right now. Vancouver or Los Angeles would be stupid to move their backups now that they have a good chance of making the playoffs. Should your #1 go down in the playoffs you need a reliable backup. Right now there's no reason for them to move Schneider or Bernier - except if the return is huge overpayment. But both goalies are pending RFAs and both teams are spending to the salary cap. So after the season they will be looking to move them. That's when Yzerman comes into play with a broad grin on his face and his pockets overflowing with draft picks.

It just makes you wonder: What if - for some reason - we don't get Schneider or Bernier. There aren't many alternatives. Well, we could try and trade for a guy like Varlamov or Bryzgalov but... meeeeh.

LightningStrikes is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2012, 05:23 AM
  #556
Felonious Python
Moderator
Purple Squirrel
 
Felonious Python's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: The Hot Seat
Posts: 13,143
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LightningStrikes View Post
The price tag for a #1 or #1 caliber goalie is too high right now. Vancouver or Los Angeles would be stupid to move their backups now that they have a good chance of making the playoffs. Should your #1 go down in the playoffs you need a reliable backup. Right now there's no reason for them to move Schneider or Bernier - except if the return is huge overpayment. But both goalies are pending RFAs and both teams are spending to the salary cap. So after the season they will be looking to move them. That's when Yzerman comes into play with a broad grin on his face and his pockets overflowing with draft picks.

It just makes you wonder: What if - for some reason - we don't get Schneider or Bernier. There aren't many alternatives. Well, we could try and trade for a guy like Varlamov or Bryzgalov but... meeeeh.
I was so keen on Bryzgalov too. I guess he's not built to be a big city goaltender which is what would have allowed him to do so well in Phoenix, and probably Tampa Bay.

It's the 9 years left on his contract that makes Bryz an immovable object. Especially with a new CBA coming this summer (hopefully).

It's interesting how fan bases can crush some guys, and motivate others.

Felonious Python is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2012, 05:27 AM
  #557
LightningStrikes
Moderator
 
LightningStrikes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Country: Germany
Posts: 11,381
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Felonious Python View Post
I was so keen on Bryzgalov too. I guess he's not built to be a big city goaltender which is what would have allowed him to do so well in Phoenix, and probably Tampa Bay.

It's the 9 years left on his contract that makes Bryz an immovable object. Especially with a new CBA coming this summer (hopefully).

It's interesting how fan bases can crush some guys, and motivate others.
Yeah, I really like the guy but his contract is a deal breaker.

LightningStrikes is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:58 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.