HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Tampa Bay Lightning
Notices

All Trade Deadline Talk (February 27th, 3PM ET)

Old
02-13-2012, 11:27 AM
Hockeyfan02

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by panny2727 View Post
would st louis be on the market
Unless he asks for a trade I doubt it.

Hockeyfan02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2012, 11:31 AM
sonny side up

Quote:
never.

sonny side up is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2012, 12:18 PM
Doctor Drej
Unregistered User

Quote:
The Blues are still looking for an owner IIRC..

Doctor Drej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2012, 02:55 PM
snowden
Man is matter

Actually St Louis, Lecavalier, Stamkos, and Hedman are all available. Everyone else is too valuable to the team and not on the market.

snowden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2012, 03:09 PM
Vasilevskiy
I've many surnames

Quote:
nope

Vasilevskiy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2012, 03:41 PM
Bolts265

Quote:
Not in this lifetime.

Bolts265 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2012, 05:09 AM
Felonious Python
Purple Squirrel

If Marty is traded, we will burn Vancouver to the ground.

but you never know.

Last edited by Felonious Python: 02-14-2012 at 05:16 AM.
Felonious Python is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2012, 06:04 PM
Doctor Drej
Unregistered User

We apparently have a scout at the Jackets/Blues game.

#stirringthepot

Doctor Drej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2012, 07:01 PM
Felonious Python
Purple Squirrel

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Downie View Post
We apparently have a scout at the Jackets/Blues game.

#stirringthepot
Everyone thinks Nash is on the block, but that's most likely pure coincidence. I don't think we could fit him in.

Halak is also playing for the Blues.

Old
02-14-2012, 07:05 PM
I Am Beat You

Nash and Carter for Hedman, Malone and a 1st.

E5

I Am Beat You is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2012, 07:07 PM
Felonious Python
Purple Squirrel

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Alaskan Assassin View Post
Nash and Carter for Hedman, Malone and a 1st.

E5
Nash and Carter don't work in Columbus, with a Solar Bear as their coach.

Sure, bring them over.

Nash couldn't possibly fit, as we have a shoot first center in Stamkos, and Nash needs a playmaking C. He'd probably do well with Scott Gomez, all jokes aside.

Old
02-14-2012, 08:37 PM
MrMcGz

Sellers. Dump the UFAs and rebuild the defense in offseason. And for Gods sake trade for C. Schneider ASAP!!

MrMcGz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2012, 08:53 PM
Kusic
Be The Thunder

Send a message via ICQ to Kusic
Trade Roloson, Kubina, Gervais, Gilroy, Bergeron, Clark and Malone. We need totally rebuild our defense and get a solid goalie (Schneider). Jeez... horrible season From Conference Final (nearly SC final) to almost last team on the Eastern Conference.

Kusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2012, 08:56 PM
MrMcGz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kusic View Post
Trade Roloson, Kubina, Gervais, Gilroy, Bergeron, Clark and Malone. We need totally rebuild our defense and get a solid goalie (Schneider). Jeez... horrible season From Conference Final (nearly SC final) to almost last team on the Eastern Conference.
Realistically only Kubina, Bergeron and Clark will be moved. I think Gervais and Gilroy get a pass. Roloson is useless and Malone won't waive his NTC.

Add Moore to the list and its a good trade deadline.

Old
02-14-2012, 09:05 PM
I Am Beat You

Deal Moore, Kubina, Clark, Bergeron and Shannon. Hall, Gervais, Roloson and Gilroy probably won't be worth much of anything but if teams are in need of an extra guy who can fill in on occasion, we might be able to trade at least one of them. Hall and Roloson are almost certainly not going to be back, so if the best we can manage is a late pick or middling prospect, we may as well.

I Am Beat You is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2012, 09:35 PM
Follower of Yzlam
Believe the Yzerplan

vCash: 1159
Yeah, no more delusions... burn this ****ing team to the ground.

Follower of Yzlam is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2012, 10:07 PM
MrMcGz

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Alaskan Assassin View Post
Deal Moore, Kubina, Clark, Bergeron and Shannon. Hall, Gervais, Roloson and Gilroy probably won't be worth much of anything but if teams are in need of an extra guy who can fill in on occasion, we might be able to trade at least one of them. Hall and Roloson are almost certainly not going to be back, so if the best we can manage is a late pick or middling prospect, we may as well.
Almost forgot about Hall and Shannon. Did Shannon even play tonight? Don't remember seeing him at all.
I think Gervais and Gilroy add good mobility and depth on a bottom pairing. It'll be interesting to see how it shakes out regarding the defense and goaltending.

Old
02-15-2012, 12:51 AM
The Fear Boners
Plz stop pucks

Resign Gilroy to be a 6 slot D man. Resign Gervais if he'll take near league min.

Sadly the midrange d-men I had in mind are getting signed which leaves Top and Bottom flight guys left... make a run for Suter I guess, and possibly a run at Paul Martin for not fitting the rough and tumble style in Pitt.

The Fear Boners is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2012, 01:05 AM
LightningStrikes
SFY

vCash: 133
I agree with you GBL, I'd love to see Gilroy back as a #5-6 and Gervais as a #6-7.

But at this point I find Martin's cap hit and term a little bit scary (3 more years at $5.0 million - $4.0 million salary in 2013/14, $5.0 million in 13/14 and 14/15).

Anyways, blow up the team! Load up on draft picks and prospects. Kubina (UFA), Clark (UFA), Moore (UFA), Malone (to the right team), Hall (UFA), Shannon (UFA) - hell, even Roloson (UFA), should fetch us something.

We could always try and re-sign Moore after the season. Anybody else is pretty much expendable and fungible at this point.

LightningStrikes is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2012, 05:44 AM
Benders Lindyhop

Anybody else thinking that after the last few games Malone might waive his NMC to go to a contender? I know his dad works with the team and all, but surely he'd want to see him win a Cup.

If he'll waive, trade him. I like the guy, but we need somebody that can play all the time and Ashton should fit in nicely to his spot within the next couple of seasons.

Benders Lindyhop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2012, 05:50 AM
Felonious Python
Purple Squirrel

I don't think we'll blow up the team, especially if that means getting prospects in the lineup right now. That's not the Red Wing way, and so I don't think SFY will feel that's the correct course of action.

I also think we have a very different view of what 'blowing up the team' means, compared to the rest of the league. Trade the 3rd line center! Trade the 5th defenseman!

Purcell, Kubina, and Bergeron would be the guys I'd like to move for the right offer. Roloson possibly as well, but goalie trades tend to have a complexity to them, and I don't think very many teams are clamoring for him.

Purcell could fetch a ransom, as every team in the league needs a 'top six forward', and may look past the laziness and tendency to disappear for long stretches.

Malone could as well, but that's all dependent on what Ryan wants to do, and I think he wants to stay in TB.

Last edited by Felonious Python: 02-15-2012 at 06:10 AM.
Old
02-15-2012, 06:09 AM
Benders Lindyhop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Felonious Python View Post
I don't think we'll blow up the team, especially if that means getting prospects in the lineup right now. That's not the Red Wing way, and so I don't think SFY will feel that's the correct course of action.

I also think we have a very different view of what 'blowing up the team' means, compared to the rest of the league. Trade the 3rd line center! Trade the 5th defenseman!

Purcell, Kubina, and Bergeron would be the guys I'd like to move for the right offer.
To run things the Red Wing way, you first have to have the Red Wing system in place. SFY is working on it, but it's a long way to go. We have a black hole where our defensive depth should be.

I'd like to keep Purcell. Kubina, Bergeron, Clark, Hall, Shannon and Moore should all be on the block. Along with Malone, if he'll waive and for the right price.

Old
02-15-2012, 06:09 AM
Kusic
Be The Thunder

Send a message via ICQ to Kusic
I hope that we will re-sign Dominic Moore for at least another two years Really good third liner, penalty killer, warrior.

Kusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2012, 06:24 AM
Felonious Python
Purple Squirrel

Quote:
Originally Posted by albatross View Post
To run things the Red Wing way, you first have to have the Red Wing system in place. SFY is working on it, but it's a long way to go. We have a black hole where our defensive depth should be.

I'd like to keep Purcell. Kubina, Bergeron, Clark, Hall, Shannon and Moore should all be on the block. Along with Malone, if he'll waive and for the right price.
In order to maximize effectiveness at being a 'seller', you should have what others are wanting to buy, which would be Purcell.

Moore should stay because he's the type of player we need to hold on to. He helps establish the culture of the team. Same case as Hall, but I don't think he'd fetch anything significant due to his style of play and recent injury.

Shannon could go, but he hasn't had the year we were hoping from him, and he's missed even more time due to injury.

We're also not likely going to fix the defense by trading defensemen.

These plans also have to fit in long term (read: next season) as we might have Ohlund coming back, along with Dana Tyrell.

Last edited by Felonious Python: 02-15-2012 at 06:42 AM.
Old
02-15-2012, 06:44 AM
Benders Lindyhop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Felonious Python View Post
In order to maximize effectiveness at being a 'seller', you should have what others are wanting to buy, which would be Purcell.

Moore should stay because he's the type of player we need to hold on to. He helps establish the culture of the team.

We're not likely going to fix the defense by trading defensemen.
I added one D-man to your list of who you would like to see traded (Clark). That's for a total of three. Would you really like to see any of the three re-signed?

Moore probably brings the best return outside of Purcell and Malone. I'm not as sure of what he brings to the team as the majority of people seem to be. I must really be missing something with him.

Hall is nice to have, but unnecessary. Did anybody really miss him when he was injured? Ditto Shannon. He's improved since he's been back, but playing with Marty and Vinny will do that for just about anybody.

Purcell is iffy. I thought long and hard about him. He seems to have really good chemistry with Stamkos and Downie and the three of them together could be lethal. I do worry about his effort level sometimes, but I think playing on a regular basis with the other two could really be a motivating fact for him. We know he has the skills, and I doubt that you'll get a decent return.

Tyrell back would be nice to have back. Not sold on Ohlund coming back or his effectiveness if he does. Although he is signed for just short of forever so something has got to happen there.