HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Buffalo Sabres
Notices

Miller: "The thinktank that is Buffalo hasn't really yielded too many results."

Old
01-30-2012, 05:56 PM
Revelate

vCash: 500
Miller: "The thinktank that is Buffalo hasn't really yielded too many results."

The spector of trades looms over this club, especially in the wake of President Ted Black's comments Saturday in Ottawa that "Our commitment is to winning, not to any particular group of players that are labeled as a core."
"He wants to win," said goaltender Ryan MIller. "I'm sure there's frustrations in his situation just like there are in ours. When things aren't going the way you'd hope they would go, you try to make adjustments and that is an option for management. For us, it's not an option to think about how we can change parts. We are the parts and we want to make it work with what we have in here and the coaching staff and training staff. You search for ways to make it work.
http://blogs.buffalonews.com/sabres/...e-in-ours.html

Revelate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2012, 06:03 PM
drinking bleach irl
p trendy tbh

vCash: 300
welp

drinking bleach irl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2012, 06:04 PM
struckbyaparkedcar
Zemgus Da Gawd

Actually, Ryan, one has to try any of the proposed ideas of the think tank before making such statements. Including trading your snarky ass.

struckbyaparkedcar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2012, 06:08 PM
drinking bleach irl
p trendy tbh

Troll Miller is the best Miller.

Old
01-30-2012, 06:13 PM
Dreakon

How is he being snarky or "trolling"? I'd have to think that is how a player should feel. It's on them to win and play well, they can't sit idly by and wait for a trade to shake things up.

It's just a shame the pieces of this team kinda suck right now.

Dreakon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2012, 06:25 PM
NoClue4u

I think the title of the thread is a little misleading because it isn't in reference to anything really. In the interview it sounds more like he is saying neither the team nor the media know what is really going wrong with the team. Granted, everyone seems to have their own theory, but none have been proven. (not trying to get flamed or start anything, just saying)

NoClue4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2012, 08:02 PM
Montag DP
Sabres fan in...

Are we supposed to overreact to this now? There was absolutely nothing in those comments that was snarky, sarcastic, or of any interest at all, really.

Montag DP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2012, 08:02 PM
SackTastic
Embrace The Suck

He wants to win with the guys in the room. I'd assume almost every player would feel the same way.

If a move happens, he'll want to win with the new guys in the room too.

Much ado about nothing. As usual.

SackTastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2012, 08:13 PM
cardiffgiant
Race to the bottom!

No real issue with his comments, but I do I find that I'm less interested in hearing what the 40th ranked goalie has to say. Less chirping, more winning.

cardiffgiant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2012, 08:14 PM
drinking bleach irl
p trendy tbh

I sort of pictured Miller being witty and poking fun at the News in the final quote of the article. Maybe I'm giving him too much credit.

Last edited by drinking bleach irl: 01-30-2012 at 08:49 PM.
Old
01-30-2012, 08:44 PM
vcv
Deal with it

Send a message via AIM to vcv
Quote:
Originally Posted by Montag DP View Post
Are we supposed to overreact to this now? There was absolutely nothing in those comments that was snarky, sarcastic, or of any interest at all, really.
I had to re-read the article because I thought I missed something.

Nope. Guess not.

vcv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2012, 08:46 PM
aceface33

I think you guys are underestimating the fact that this is the best quote ever.

aceface33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2012, 09:14 PM
puckish66

Quote:
Originally Posted by Montag DP View Post
I think it's safe to say the word "thinktank" was used sarcastically. Paul Hamilton laughed.

I thought Miller's mood was interesting. Sounds like a few days out of town did him wonders.

puckish66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2012, 09:17 PM
Afino
The Juice

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardiffgiant View Post
No real issue with his comments, but I do I find that I'm less interested in hearing what the 40th ranked goalie has to say. Less chirping, more winning.

Yes, he should shut up now because he sucks. Like that's stopped anyone with a big mouth before.

Afino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2012, 09:18 PM
ZZamboni
Puttin' on the Foil

Quote:
Originally Posted by aceface33 View Post
I think you guys are underestimating the fact that this is the best quote ever.
Most over the top statement about a comment from a guy who plays a game for a living .... Ever.

ZZamboni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2012, 09:52 PM
cardiffgiant
Race to the bottom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigZackKassian View Post

Yes, he should shut up now because he sucks. Like that's stopped anyone with a big mouth before.
Roll away. He can yap all he wants, all I said is that I'm less interested in hearing it.

cardiffgiant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2012, 10:21 PM
McTank

Lmao love how the miller haters over react

McTank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2012, 02:31 AM
clumping platelets

Miller is right mostly. However, there are clearly players on this team that are too complacent (Roy, Stafford for sure) that just need to go. Bring in players who can lead by example. If it doesn't result in playoffs this season (a very tall order at this stage) it sets up the franchise for next season

clumping platelets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2012, 05:06 AM
barnell
butter knife hockey

The zeitgeist must be maintained I guess...

In any event what else is Miller supposed to say? He can't work the phones, and if he said "We need a shake-up in here" everyone would explode with the force of a thousand suns.

All the players can control is how they play on the ice. Why would he say anything different?

barnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2012, 06:29 AM
BuzzKillington90

Quote:
Originally Posted by barnell View Post
The zeitgeist must be maintained I guess...

In any event what else is Miller supposed to say? He can't work the phones, and if he said "We need a shake-up in here" everyone would explode with the force of a thousand suns.

All the players can control is how they play on the ice. Why would he say anything different?
This in a nutshell. Lets play a game, it's called "Miller says:" ...taking into consideration the average Buffalo fan/beat writer and the lockerroom

Miller says: We need a shake-up.
The fans agree yet berate miller for having a substandard season. The beat writers cream their pants over the qoute which then becomes national news and a segment on hockey night in canada about how Miller wants to be traded.

Miller says: Theres a few guys that just aren't playing like they could.
The fans agree yet berate miller for having a substandard season. The beat writers then spend an unnecessary amount of hours going over what they would do if they were GM and then go off on some assassine tangent. The players in the lockerroom wonder who he's called out and cause, if possible, more unrest.

Miller says: Lindy is a horrible coach, Roysie, Staff,Grags are all either braindead or went drooly-dumb and Darcy Regier doesn't have the ability to create a winning team.
The fans agree yet berate miller for having a substandard season (Seeing a pattern yet?) Jerry Sullivan does a Dr. Evil laugh while he puts on women's underwear and sings "My milkshake brings all the boys to the yard"

See the problem?

BuzzKillington90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2012, 06:51 AM
SackTastic
Embrace The Suck

Miller: The sky is gray today.
Reaction : Miller is clearly disappointed in the weather and wants to be traded to Los Angeles.

Miller : Plane ride was a little rough with the weather, but every team has to travel, and we need to be ready to play tonight.
Reaction : Miller is accepting mediocrity in this organization's travel accommodations.

SackTastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2012, 07:35 AM
KevinFG

Send a message via Skype™ to KevinFG
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beechsack View Post
Reaction : Miller is clearly disappointed in the weather and wants to be traded to Los Angeles.

Miller : Plane ride was a little rough with the weather, but every team has to travel, and we need to be ready to play tonight.
Reaction : Miller is accepting mediocrity in this organization's travel accommodations.
Trolling trolls. Is that like looking into a mirror into a mirror into a mirror? Eternity.

Well done.

KevinFG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2012, 09:19 AM
Zip15

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beechsack View Post

You forgot the most obvious one...

Miller says: Nothing (just shrugs)
Reaction: You cocky, cross-eyed, snarky MFer! You're showing up your teammates, you arrogant SOB! You're a cancer! GTFO.

Enroth says: It's hard to win games when your forwards only score one goal.
Reaction: He's right!

Quote:
Originally Posted by clumping platelets View Post
Miller is right mostly. However, there are clearly players on this team that are too complacent (Roy, Stafford for sure) that just need to go. Bring in players who can lead by example. If it doesn't result in playoffs this season (a very tall order at this stage) it sets up the franchise for next season
I think it's tough to call a player (Stafford) complacent who, by every journalist's account, has worked harder than any other player over the last two summers. He also worked on his body to avoid the nagging type of injuries he's had in the past, and he's only missed one game as a result. He also hits opponents more on a per game basis than every forward not named Gaustad and Kaleta. Want to ***** about Staff's production? Go for it, and that's legitimate. Saying he's too complacent or doesn't care comes off as inaccurate and smacks of pushing an agenda.

I'd also argue that any player who suffered an injury that all were saying was season-ending, yet pushed to make it back for the playoffs isn't a complacent individual. Roy was going to get paid his money either way. Complacency would've been to take it slow and say I'll see ya in September. **** it, why am I wasting my time trying to change people's mind on Roy, it's a futile exercise.

It's just like when Vanek wasn't producing, everyone called him fat and lazy. Or when Pommer wasn't producing, he was floating and too worried about what his gold chain was doing. If you don't produce in Buffalo, you're not trying...at least according to the fans.

Zip15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2012, 09:28 AM
drinking bleach irl
p trendy tbh

Upon reexamination I really don't understand how people can look at Miller including the media as if they matter and think he's serious. Unless I'm really misreading it he's clowning those fools.

Old
01-31-2012, 09:33 AM
Zip15

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatal System Ehrhoff View Post
Upon reexamination I really don't understand how people can look at Miller including the media as if they matter and think he's serious. Unless I'm really misreading it he's clowning those fools.
He hates the media there, I have no doubt about that. I think Miller's also been acutely aware of the different opinions people have about him. I think there's some truth to the idea that he's occasionally trolling people, including media.

Zip15 is offline   Reply With Quote