HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Tough February Schedule

Old
01-29-2012, 04:09 PM
LeafOfBread
van Dreamsdyk

vCash: 500
Well, perfect time to go on our hot streak, right?

LeafOfBread is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2012, 04:12 PM
GrizzLeaf

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeafOfBread View Post
Well, perfect time to go on our hot streak, right?
Fugginay

GrizzLeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2012, 07:10 PM
robdicks

wow that month is kind of frustrating. Most of those games that we are playing back to back are situations where the other team didn't play the night before (which frustrates the spit out of me)

robdicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2012, 08:27 AM
paulster2626

A young team such as the Maple Leafs should be able to play 2 nights in a row without feeling the effects. These are professional athletes. I don't believe it's a reason for concern. Enough piss and vinegar can outweigh any excuse for fatigue.

paulster2626 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2012, 08:34 AM
Leaf Rocket
Leaf Fan Till I Die

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulster2626 View Post
A young team such as the Maple Leafs should be able to play 2 nights in a row without feeling the effects. These are professional athletes. I don't believe it's a reason for concern. Enough piss and vinegar can outweigh any excuse for fatigue.
Because we are a young team, it could also be a downside for us, as we might stop putting our feet on the pedal.

01-30-2012, 08:37 AM
TiMo15

It's a very good test for the team. The team can't always have easy schedule like the beginning of the season. If they can come out strong and get at least 70 - 80% of the point, I think they are getting the job done. If not, then they would be in trouble of trying to get the last playoff spot.

TiMo15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2012, 08:42 AM
Mansfield
possession obsession

It's a tough schedule in terms of games played, but the opponents aren't that bad. Definitely a key month.

Imo we need to make it out of the month with 20 points +

Mansfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2012, 08:43 AM
Sam Slick*

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrizzLeaf View Post
Ya, my original post and subsequent replies have all been about the amount of games in the schedule not necessarily about who the opponents are. They actually have a tougher March schedule if you factor in who they are playing, on top of the sheer number of games in that month, plus the 4 back to back nights.

Basically, the Leafs will be in tough for Feb and Mar. High volume of games, 8 back to back nights, plus some really tough opponents in Mar. As some other posters have said, they've squandered the easier part of their schedule and now need to bear down and grind out some victories.
Next year the NHL should drop to a 72 game schedule and rid of most of the back to backs, shorten the season and we end up with a more quality product on the ice. Makes games even more important and we get top hockey all year long. This last month has had some great games. They have been fun to watch and keeping track on the stats is even more fun.

Sam Slick* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2012, 08:45 AM
Leaf Rocket
Leaf Fan Till I Die

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mansfield View Post
It's a tough schedule in terms of games played, but the opponents aren't that bad. Definitely a key month.

I think there are only 4 teams that are solid contenders or playoffs team, aside from that all are playoff bubble team really, the only issue as I mentioned in my previous post is that there are 4 back-to-back games.

Leaf Rocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2012, 08:45 AM
Leaf Rocket
Leaf Fan Till I Die

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Slick View Post
Next year the NHL should drop to a 72 game schedule and rid of most of the back to backs, shorten the season and we end up with a more quality product on the ice. Makes games even more important and we get top hockey all year long. This last month has had some great games. They have been fun to watch and keeping track on the stats is even more fun.
Big stretch to say that as the new CBA is being made.

Leaf Rocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2012, 11:07 AM
GrizzLeaf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mansfield View Post

Ya, looking at Feb and Mar, it looks like Feb is the month to try and get the most wins. Mar schedule is similar (in terms of very few days off) but with way tougher opponents. Feb is a key month for garnering enough wins to make the playoffs.

GrizzLeaf is offline   Reply With Quote