HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The Rink
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
The Rink For the not so ready for prime-time players, coaches, referees, and the people that have to live with them. Discuss experiences in local leagues, coaching tips, equipment, and training.

Bauer Vapor X:Lite Gloves?

Old
01-29-2012, 03:27 PM
Guffaw

vCash: 500
Bauer Vapor X:Lite Gloves?

I just picked these up on sale for $40. I spent 2 hrs at Hockey Giant in Cherry Hill NJ(place is huge) trying on every pair of gloves they had and nothing fit me better than the Vapors as they have the longest fingers and are pretty low volume until the cuff.

I've never heard of X:lite's and was told they are discontinued. They are the lightest glove I've ever felt at 222 grams for a 15" glove. Obviously not the most protective at that weight, but figured I would give them a try with the fit, weight, and price.

Anyone have any experience with these? Protection? Durability? Issues? What are they equivalent to X20's?

Guffaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2012, 04:55 PM
AIREAYE

Compare the regular price to the regular price of the normal catalog Vapors, though I believe they are basically X:20s. Nothing special.

Exclusive product like this are SMUs for HG and not regular Bauer product...very common practice, especially for Source For Sports franchises.

AIREAYE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2012, 06:24 PM
Jarick
Doing Nothing

I had a pair of similar gloves a few years ago. SMU low end Vapors from Hockey Giant. They were light weight...but sucked pretty bad. Thick, crappy palms with no feel to them, single density foam which left some nice bruises on my fingers, and for several games they smelled really awful like the glue solvent hadn't dried. I used them while waiting for my main gloves to get re-palmed and then I chucked them.

Jarick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2012, 10:42 PM
Guffaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarick View Post
I had a pair of similar gloves a few years ago. SMU low end Vapors from Hockey Giant. They were light weight...but sucked pretty bad. Thick, crappy palms with no feel to them, single density foam which left some nice bruises on my fingers, and for several games they smelled really awful like the glue solvent hadn't dried. I used them while waiting for my main gloves to get re-palmed and then I chucked them.
Thanks for the input and I'll look for any drawbacks. I spent $40 so hard to lose really. If I have to move to a X:30 or X:40 vapor so be it.

I play pickup and mens league so I'm not getting near the amount of slashes to the hands as some of you guys.

Old
01-29-2012, 10:44 PM
Guffaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by AIREAYE View Post
Compare the regular price to the regular price of the normal catalog Vapors, though I believe they are basically X:20s. Nothing special.

Exclusive product like this are SMUs for HG and not regular Bauer product...very common practice, especially for Source For Sports franchises.
Thanks. Same palms and retail price ($59.99) as the X:20's so pretty sure that's what they are other than some cosmetic differences.

Old
01-29-2012, 10:50 PM
AIREAYE

If you can find some X:40 gloves on sale (they should be since they're being replaced in a few months), they're one of the best pricepoint gloves out there imo. Excellent for Beer League and mid-high level rec hockey.

AIREAYE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2012, 07:54 AM
Guffaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by AIREAYE View Post
If you can find some X:40 gloves on sale (they should be since they're being replaced in a few months), they're one of the best pricepoint gloves out there imo. Excellent for Beer League and mid-high level rec hockey.
I'm gonna give these a shot first, but if i need something else I'll definitely look at the X:40.

There are actually quite a few reviews for the X:Lite by people who really liked them so I guess it depends on how hard you are on gloves and what type of league/rec you play.

For me it's the lightest, lowest profile, least restrictive equipment I can get away with. If I hurt something, it gets upgraded. So far I've gotten nothing to the hand other than a bruised thumb nail one time due to my Graf 700's being 1) too small for me (14", I needed a 15") and 2) the thumb protection on those is too short.

Old
01-30-2012, 11:09 AM
Jarick
Doing Nothing

I do really like the X:40's and the Bauer 4-Rolls. Both $100 or so with excellent protection. But for pickup games if you aren't taking draws or getting in the way of pucks the X:Lite gloves could work.

Jarick is offline   Reply With Quote