HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Your All Star weekend experience

Old
01-29-2012, 11:01 PM
Bure

vCash: 500
Your All Star weekend experience

Share your all star weekend experience.

Here's mine:

I had such a blast even though I didn't go to the skills or all star game.

On friday I went to liqour store and it was quite the experience. Being in the same club as Kane, Taveras, Price, Phaneuf, Seguin, Landeskogg, Eberle, Couture, Hodgeson, TSN crew( Bob Mackenzie, Gino Reda, Mike Jonson and some others I forget), Sportsnet crew(Kypreos, Maclean, Millard, the mourning show guy whos funny but forget his name), and some other media was absolutely unreal. The players really are rock stars.

On Saturday I went to the convention but the line was to long so I decided just to go check out the chateau laurier with my buddies and to our surprise, the players were about to get onto the bus to go to the skills comp. I stood right beside the door to get onto the bus. Got props from some players, but my favorite moment was shaking Datsyuks hand and talking to him in Russian.

That same evening I was walking by Stella Osteria and Malkin was having supper with Gonchar and their families, so I stopped by and had a good conversation with Malkin and shook his hand as well.

It was such a good weekend for me, I really wanted to meet Datsyuk and Malkin and I got my wish.

Ottawa did a great job hosting. Come back soon all stars!

Bure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2012, 11:13 PM
Marvelous Manked
Ooh to be a Gooner

I couldn't have ifor a better experience.

The Skills was unbelievable and the game wasn't too shabby either. A lifelong memory.

Marvelous Manked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2012, 11:58 PM
ReginKarlssonLehner
Classless, no rispek

Alfredsson never got the ****ing MVP.

LOL I kid. It was pretty sick.

ReginKarlssonLehner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2012, 12:11 AM
The Expert
Registered Expert

All I know is during most All-Star weekends I'm dying for real hockey. I didn't want this weekend to end.

The Expert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2012, 07:58 AM
operasen

The ice seemed to be mic'd up a bit. The puck hitting the stick and the skate blades sounds were really admirable to hear so "live". Go job.

operasen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2012, 08:40 AM
JonnyMacSen
Divide and Conacher

Wait, there's a club called "The Liquor Store"???

JonnyMacSen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2012, 09:51 AM
Proust

I'm sure Malkin was thrilled to interrupt his dinner with the Gonchars and speak to a complete stranger, lol.

Proust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2012, 10:19 AM
slamigo
Skate or Die!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proust View Post
I'm sure Malkin was thrilled to interrupt his dinner with the Gonchars and speak to a complete stranger, lol.
The fact that he was speaking Russian and polite, they probably weren't too annoyed. Keep it short and respectful and it's probably not an issue. It's All Star Weekend, they've got to be expecting to get noticed.

slamigo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2012, 10:30 AM
Taoiseach
Go Hull Go!

Quote:
Originally Posted by slamigo View Post
The fact that he was speaking Russian and polite, they probably weren't too annoyed.
Yeah, European players seem to universally love it when people speak even a little bit of their language.

Taoiseach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2012, 10:42 AM
hockeyalltheway
Win it for Murray

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Expert View Post
All I know is during most All-Star weekends I'm dying for real hockey. I didn't want this weekend to end.
Totally agreed. It may be gimmicky, but damn if it wasn't the most fun I've had in this city in a while.

01-30-2012, 10:51 AM
Stick To Your Guns

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyMacSen View Post
Wait, there's a club called "The Liquor Store"???
Yeah it's a ****** club for 19 year olds. I partied with a couple Weds night, some of the Blue Jackets who are from Ottawa. They fed me a bunch of liqour and I threw up in the booth beside them. Then they took one of the girls home that I was hitting. **** the Blue Jackets.

Stick To Your Guns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2012, 11:06 AM
Taoiseach
Go Hull Go!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stick To Your Guns View Post
**** the Blue Jackets.
Now, now. Be nice to the marginally relevant hockey players. They play in Columbus. They should be pitied.

Taoiseach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2012, 11:14 AM
dacostalove

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stick To Your Guns View Post
Yeah it's a ****** club for 19 year olds. I partied with a couple Weds night, some of the Blue Jackets who are from Ottawa. They fed me a bunch of liqour and I threw up in the booth beside them. Then they took one of the girls home that I was hitting. **** the Blue Jackets.
you sound like such a rookie

dacostalove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2012, 11:23 AM
Stick To Your Guns

Quote:
Originally Posted by dacostalove View Post
you sound like such a rookie
Bro I'm a ****ing all-star.

Stick To Your Guns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2012, 11:41 AM
Proust

Did The Liquor Store replace The Liquor Dome or the Liquor Control Board of Ontario?

Proust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2012, 11:55 AM
starling

vCash: 50
Had a blast too! Been snowkiting all day long. Wind and temperature were perfect, show was almost perfect. Rare conditions to fall on Sunday especially with this crappy wet winter.
Missed almost 2 periods of hockey but was back just on time for Alfie's goals, so who cares!

starling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2012, 12:09 PM
AlfieIsOurKing
Jumping Folignos!

I went to the Fan Fair all 3 days it was on and it was a great experience. I got to meet Karlsson and Michalek on Thursday and they were really cool, and I also met Gord Wilson Friday morning, I got to meet Patrick Lalime which was pretty cool because he was my favourite goalie when I was a kid. Then I met Spezza and I gained so much more respect for him just hearing him in the little interview they did with him and later on I got to see him talk in that Sirius XM radio tent thing they had set up. I unfortunately missed out on meeting Alfie as I got there an hour before the signing and they'd cut off the line already. I did however wait 2 and a half hours to meet Chara and he signed my Team Alfie jersey Saturday morning, I got to meet Jarome Iginla which was probably the highlight of the weekend. He was seriously one of the nicest people I've ever met and I probably won't get a chance to meet him again, so it was cool. I also met Gabriel Landeskog and Cody Hodgson.

The mascots were everywhere and they were all really interesting in their own way. Sparty and Youppi were the most popular of course. Howler, the Coyotes mascot, is actually super good with the kids and he was pretty awesome. Wild Wing just tried to beat everyone up lol.

The exhibits were fun. They had one where you could actually do a highlight section on NHL Network and they put all the videos up on Youtube. They also had these skills booths where you had to do different things, like dangle the puck through specific places and a hardest shot. One of them had you shoot over a player lying on the "ice" in a Kings jersey (Down Goes Brown anyone?).

The Skills was super fun to watch, even if I did see it on TV. Carey Price was a great person to have mic'd. And the game itself was great. All the cheers for Alfie just gave me goosebumps.

AlfieIsOurKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2012, 12:10 PM
Buck Aki Berg
My pockets hurt

Quote:
Did The Liquor Store replace The Liquor Dome or the Liquor Control Board of Ontario?
The Liquor Store used to be On Crap .... I mean On Crap .... I mean On Tap.

....I mean On Crap.

Buck Aki Berg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2012, 12:11 PM
kellmuff96

This was one of the best weekends that I've ever had and these are memories that I will never forget. It probably trumps the world juniors and I was at the game when Eberle scored

Was at the Fan Fair all Saturday and got to meet one of my all time favs Jeremy Roenick. It was awesome. Got my pic taken with him. Had a lot of fun there though the lines were quite long. Wish I had gone on Thursday or Friday.

The Skills Comp was the real highlight IMO. It was a better event than the Game itself since the game was really slow paced.

But the best moment was when Alfie got the standing 'O after his goal. A moment I will never forget. Got a kick out of the Laughs fans infront of us that were moaning all game because Alfie was getting so much love.

also... saw Elisha Cuthbert at the ASG yesterday

kellmuff96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2012, 01:48 PM
Bure

Quote:
They didn't mind, I wasn't being a fan boy. Didn't even ask for an autograph.

Bure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2012, 03:03 PM
kellmuff96

Does anyone know if those ticket lanyards are on sale anywhere? They were sold out at the SBP and I'd like to get one for my ASG scrapbook that I'm making

kellmuff96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2012, 05:49 PM
RonTextall

Send a message via Skype™ to RonTextall
Quote:
Originally Posted by kellmuff96 View Post
Does anyone know if those ticket lanyards are on sale anywhere? They were sold out at the SBP and I'd like to get one for my ASG scrapbook that I'm making
They had some at SBP hanging on the wall behind the counter at 5:00 pm.

Sports Experts at Bayshore also had a few. They were in the middle of an end cap facing into the store.

Good luck!

RonTextall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2012, 07:16 PM
koreaboy

kathryn tappen in the NHLnetwork set in the lobby of SBP was looking pretty strong. she fills out a sweater beautifully. she was causing a bit of a traffic jam of guys gawking at her. i was one of them.

koreaboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2012, 09:56 PM
megusta
Rookie User

Looks like all All-Star merch are now 50% off at Sports Experts...and I'm guessing at the Sens Store as well? Picked up a Phaneuf shirt was surprised no one yelled "Overrated" at the register. Sorry Sens fans

megusta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2012, 08:12 AM
hockeyalltheway
Win it for Murray

Quote:
Originally Posted by megusta View Post
Looks like all All-Star merch are now 50% off at Sports Experts...and I'm guessing at the Sens Store as well? Picked up a Phaneuf shirt was surprised no one yelled "Overrated" at the register. Sorry Sens fans
Don't be sorry your player is overrated.

hockeyalltheway is online now   Reply With Quote