HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > NHL Draft - Prospects
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

NHL Draft - Prospects Discuss hockey prospects from all over the world and the NHL Draft.

G Daniel Altshuller - Oshawa Generals, OHL (2012, 69th overall, Carolina)

Old
01-30-2012, 10:15 AM
3 Minute Minor

vCash: 500
G Daniel Altshuller - Oshawa Generals, OHL (2012, 69th overall, Carolina)

First year in the OHL and Daniel Altshuller seems to be the most over looked goalie for the 2012 draft (unless I missed a thread). I've seen him a couple of times now and he was excellent every time. He's unbelievable calm between the pipes, has great movement and has the size that is now required to be a serious goalie prospect. Am I just missing the praise or does nobody talk about this kid?

3 Minute Minor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2012, 10:34 AM
backdoorpass

i didnt really like him when i saw him

backdoorpass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2012, 11:51 AM
Vaclav Varada
CoJo

Send a message via Skype™ to Vaclav Varada
Quote:
Originally Posted by backdoorpass View Post
i didnt really like him when i saw him
Agreed. He got quite a bit of hype, especially around the Ottawa area and every time I've seen him I've been underwhelmed but I haven't seen him all that much with Oshawa so maybe a Gens fan can touch on Altshuller.

Vaclav Varada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2012, 12:40 PM
Tigers1992

Id be shocked if he wasnt the second Ontario based goaltender in Ontario. Ive seen him play 5-6 games this year, and he has all the tools that you look for in the 'new breed' of goaltenders. He is well sized, focused, poised, and most importantly, athletic.

He has struggled at times playing at this level, but thats not shocking, not many 17 year olds start in the CHL. Look at his tools and his ability, there are not many that project out better then him.

Tigers1992 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2012, 02:06 PM
3 Minute Minor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigers1992 View Post
Id be shocked if he wasnt the second Ontario based goaltender in Ontario. Ive seen him play 5-6 games this year, and he has all the tools that you look for in the 'new breed' of goaltenders. He is well sized, focused, poised, and most importantly, athletic.

He has struggled at times playing at this level, but thats not shocking, not many 17 year olds start in the CHL. Look at his tools and his ability, there are not many that project out better then him.
His stat line looks like complete garbage at first glance:
28GP 11-15-2 3.49GAA .901%

To have a .901Save% and a 3.5GAA is fairly impressive. He's facing over 35 shots a game on average... Hung out to dry much? That's some M-A Fleury '03 stuff (This is not a comparison of talent )

I agree with your overall assessment. Does anyone know if he has a shot at the U18 team this year?

Old
01-30-2012, 02:57 PM
Ward Cornell

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Norris View Post
I agree with your overall assessment. Does anyone know if he has a shot at the U18 team this year?
With his past performances with Team Ontario he should be considered.
In regards to his save percentage, I would think if you could breakdown his stats in quarters his last 2 quarters that save percentage would be a better indicator. (much higher)

Ward Cornell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2012, 09:17 AM
jimmyslim

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Norris View Post
First year in the OHL and Daniel Altshuller seems to be the most over looked goalie for the 2012 draft (unless I missed a thread). I've seen him a couple of times now and he was excellent every time. He's unbelievable calm between the pipes, has great movement and has the size that is now required to be a serious goalie prospect. Am I just missing the praise or does nobody talk about this kid?

Been watching Daniel Altshuller since we drafted him in Belleville. Was sorry to see him go..now more than ever. This kid is phenomenal! I presume there isn't much talk about him since it is a given he gets drafted in the 1st or 2nd round. Don't let the lack of defence to start the year in Oshawa through you off. All the NHL guys know that. Two gold metals.. 6'3". NHL drafts on potential and I don't see much out there that competes. JMHO.

http://www.goalierankings.com/

Last edited by jimmyslim: 01-31-2012 at 12:48 PM.
jimmyslim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2012, 03:03 PM
Destroyer100

He is really underrated, i live in Oshawa and watch the Generals play for sure. He is really calm and has great movement. Whatever NHL team drafts him will be very happy with him.

Destroyer100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2012, 09:41 AM
3 Minute Minor

He went way earlier than I thought. Glad to see Carolina thinks highly of him.

Old
08-08-2013, 09:22 AM
wubwubwubwub
What, Me Worry?

Bump. Obviously he improved this year, can anyone whos seen a lot of him weigh in?

wubwubwubwub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2013, 10:51 AM
FishManSam
Bobs Yummy Burgers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destroyer100 View Post
He is really underrated, i live in Oshawa and watch the Generals play for sure. He is really calm and has great movement. Whatever NHL team drafts him will be very happy with him.
Disagree, he's wildly inconsistent and let's in too many soft goals, I got to keep an eye on him while watching Biggs and I'm not very confident with him in net.

FishManSam is offline   Reply With Quote