HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Non-Sports > Entertainment
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Entertainment Discuss movies, tv shows, music, arts, literature, fashion, and upcoming events, concerts, etc.

Django Unchained - (Quentin Tarantino)

Old
03-31-2013, 01:11 AM
Shareefruck

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Philly85 View Post
It's a delicate balance and you are right in essence with what you say but the amount of damage that has been done takes more than just 100, maybe even 200 years to recover from. Very fine line and I'm not saying automatically minorities should be able to get away with anything extra but there is some slack there that we have to give, at least in my personal opinion. To me it's understandable if they dislike or eveb hate the white man to an extent.

But given the progress of North American society as a whole, and the need of people on our continent as well as across the world to be connected, to be a global community so to speak in order for us to have "success", I can't see sheer hatred and racism existing on a very big, overt scale for too much longer. So I guess my point is this is all kind of a natural part of the process, and that's why it doesn't bother me at all. Time heals all wounds sorta deal. Not a very coherent thought, I dunno, I tried the best I could, I'm hung over as hell, half asleep lol...
I respect that it doesn't bother you, but I thought it was a bit unfair to tell people that they shouldn't/would be wrong to be bothered by it when someone gives as much as they used to get. Despite, to a degree, having a good, tolerable reason for biting back, it's still pretty wrong in principle, IMO.

Shareefruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2013, 09:08 AM

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by NightBlazer View Post
I've never seen a more formulaic movie, appealing to a more obvious demographic in my life.

You gotta hand it to Tarantino though; this movie was guaranteed to succeed. Making enormous profits off racial tension, with minimal risk involved. The black demographic alone was guaranteed to make Tarantino a fortune.

Personally I thought the violence was too cheesy; it threw me off. I also didn't like how there were maybe two white people in the whole movie that weren't racist pieces of ****. Maybe balance it out a little bit?
Yes, I imagine the population was quite evenly split between racists and non-racists...

Eyes open pal, the whites weren't all that nice back then. One of the two main characters was a white non-racist though...!

1865 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2013, 03:26 AM
Eisen

vCash: 500
I just realized that this is the spitting image ending of Heathers, which I loved.

Eisen is offline   Reply With Quote