HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

From a Sens fan: Props to Lupul, Kessell and Phaneuf

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-30-2012, 02:22 PM
  #1
sens4life
CLASSLESS
 
sens4life's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Kanata
Posts: 1,559
vCash: 500
From a Sens fan: Props to Lupul, Kessell and Phaneuf

They had class all weekend despite the negativity. Not apologizing for the ride they got (as I know the Sens would get a similar ride in toronto), but, the three of them showed a lot of class and even humor.

The leafs were well represented and Lupul's got a great sense of humor...

ps. to the leaf fans that came down this weekend, hope ya enjoyed the show!

sens4life is offline  
Old
01-30-2012, 02:27 PM
  #2
vflawiess
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Gatineau, Quebec
Country: Lebanon
Posts: 318
vCash: 500
<3 lupull

vflawiess is offline  
Old
01-30-2012, 02:30 PM
  #3
Deebo
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,309
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sens4life View Post
They had class all weekend despite the negativity. Not apologizing for the ride they got (as I know the Sens would get a similar ride in toronto)
Maybe Alfredsson would, but the rest of the sens, I doubt it.

Deebo is online now  
Old
01-30-2012, 02:31 PM
  #4
Kessely Snipes
Great White North
 
Kessely Snipes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Regina, SK
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,470
vCash: 500
Thanks for posting that man, nice to see some of the classier fans from the organization (not saying everyone in the fanbase, obviously each team has its crazy people).

Kessely Snipes is offline  
Old
01-30-2012, 02:37 PM
  #5
go_leafs_go02
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Langley, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,936
vCash: 50
No worries, we have an actual rivalry. Alfredsson would get treated even worse if the game happened to be in Toronto. It's because Sens fans don't have a specific player to hate like Leaf fans do, they booed all three. Like someone's said, Phaneuf, Kessel, and Lupul have only been with the Leafs less than 3 years or so. Alfie's been a villain with Leaf fans since the Tucker hit in 2002 and the Sundin throwing stick mockery soon after that.

Also, kudos to Alfredsson for not picking any leafs, made it actually really easy to care and cheer for a team this year. Usually, i'm almost totally indifferent, but at times seeing Kessel, Phaneuf, and Lupul with Seguin and someone else on one shift together was great to watch.

go_leafs_go02 is offline  
Old
01-30-2012, 02:49 PM
  #6
sens4life
CLASSLESS
 
sens4life's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Kanata
Posts: 1,559
vCash: 500
Just wanted to add that I do hate the leafs, especially the way Alfie is treated by moron leaf fans here at home.

But the thing that really did impress me was how Lupul and the others rolled with the reception. Very impressed with Lupul and thanks to the way he acted, it's a bit harder to hate the guy!

We wanted to see personalities this weekend and got what we wanted. What I didn't expect was seeing players I dislike in a good light.

OK, enough nice talking about the opposition...

sens4life is offline  
Old
01-30-2012, 02:56 PM
  #7
mapes
Registered User
 
mapes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Halifax
Posts: 22,375
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sens4life View Post
Just wanted to add that I do hate the leafs, especially the way Alfie is treated by moron leaf fans here at home.

But the thing that really did impress me was how Lupul and the others rolled with the reception. Very impressed with Lupul and thanks to the way he acted, it's a bit harder to hate the guy!

We wanted to see personalities this weekend and got what we wanted. What I didn't expect was seeing players I dislike in a good light.

OK, enough nice talking about the opposition...
Moronic Leaf fans? For what? Booing a player? Atleast we have a reason to boo. What did lupul get boo'd for? I don't care, I found it funny but don't call us morons for booing a player. Every fanbase does it and if Sen fans have a problem with it, go to the game or don't sell tickets to Leaf fans. They pay to go to the game, they can boo whoever the **** they want to

mapes is online now  
Old
01-30-2012, 02:59 PM
  #8
Cappayne
Registered User
 
Cappayne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,835
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mapes View Post
Moronic Leaf fans? For what? Booing a player? Atleast we have a reason to boo. What did lupul get boo'd for? I don't care, I found it funny but don't call us morons for booing a player. Every fanbase does it and if Sen fans have a problem with it, go to the game or don't sell tickets to Leaf fans. They pay to go to the game, they can boo whoever the **** they want to
I agree with everything you say, but also Michalek would be booed if the ASG was in Toronto, even though Leafs fans don't have a reason to boo him.

EDIT to clarify: If Michalek and Phaneuf, for example, were opposing ASG captains. I doubt Leafs fans would go make the effort to boo Michalek, Karlsson, or even Spezza during the game. Booing Alfredsson would suffice. Having said that, if Alfy retired at the end of last season, some or all of those 3 would probably be booed during the game.

Cappayne is offline  
Old
01-30-2012, 03:04 PM
  #9
Ari91
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,470
vCash: 500
Glad to hear they handled themselves well. It seemed that way throughout the weekend but I've heard a number of great stories from fans who met them and/or were around them during the festivities. Always nice to hear when a player who's representing your team and city does so with class and a bit of fun. It seems like all of the all-stars did a great job representing their cities, teams and hockey in general. I've always liked hockey players better than any other kind of athlete because of how humble and normal they seem. It's events like this that reinforce that opinion.


By the way, what kind of Canadian are you? It's Humour with a u!! :

Ari91 is offline  
Old
01-30-2012, 03:08 PM
  #10
Ari91
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,470
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sens4life View Post
Just wanted to add that I do hate the leafs, especially the way Alfie is treated by moron leaf fans here at home.

But the thing that really did impress me was how Lupul and the others rolled with the reception. Very impressed with Lupul and thanks to the way he acted, it's a bit harder to hate the guy!

We wanted to see personalities this weekend and got what we wanted. What I didn't expect was seeing players I dislike in a good light.

OK, enough nice talking about the opposition...
Why do you have issue with Leafs fans booing in Ottawa? It's just the same as an opposing team coming into your building and talking smack about the home team. And that kind of behaviour happens all across the league in every building. The only reason why Leafs booing the Sens in Ottawa is an issue for anyone is because there are so many Leafs fans that the reaction doesn't go unnoticed.

Ari91 is offline  
Old
01-30-2012, 03:11 PM
  #11
sens4life
CLASSLESS
 
sens4life's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Kanata
Posts: 1,559
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mapes View Post
Moronic Leaf fans? For what? Booing a player? Atleast we have a reason to boo. What did lupul get boo'd for? I don't care, I found it funny but don't call us morons for booing a player. Every fanbase does it and if Sen fans have a problem with it, go to the game or don't sell tickets to Leaf fans. They pay to go to the game, they can boo whoever the **** they want to
So, you need a reason to boo or paying for tickets allow you to boo whoever you want? I believe the fans this weekend paid for their tickets and took your advice to book whoever the **** they wanted to...

But this is about your leafs demenour, not about the booing...(sigh)

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyCrazed101 View Post
Glad to hear they handled themselves well. It seemed that way throughout the weekend but I've heard a number of great stories from fans who met them and/or were around them during the festivities. Always nice to hear when a player who's representing your team and city does so with class and a bit of fun. It seems like all of the all-stars did a great job representing their cities, teams and hockey in general. I've always liked hockey players better than any other kind of athlete because of how humble and normal they seem. It's events like this that reinforce that opinion.


By the way, what kind of Canadian are you? It's Humour with a u!! :
Spelling mistakes in a forum? Guilty.

sens4life is offline  
Old
01-30-2012, 03:14 PM
  #12
Mansfield
possession obsession
 
Mansfield's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Ontario, Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,033
vCash: 500
The only Sen I'd boo if he came here in an all-star game would be alfie, for obvious reasons. Even then I think I'd only boo him during the actual game, not the draft or skills comp..

Mansfield is offline  
Old
01-30-2012, 03:14 PM
  #13
The Hockey Life
HF Boards Partner
 
The Hockey Life's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Leafs Nation
Posts: 1,289
vCash: 500
Thanks for posting this.

However, we don't have a problem with the booing, (It was obvious that it was going to happen) BUT every single time Lupul went to make a pick or Kessel or Phaneuf touched the puck all you heard was boo's and it was really annoying. Also, the fact that all of our players were boo'd makes absoluetly no sense to me....We boo Alfredsson for a reason. If it was here in Toronto Spezza, Karlsson and Michalek would not have gotten boo'd. That's all im saying.

And just for the sake of showing class, I say we give Alfie a nice standing ovation next time we play them

ALSO, you guys chanted Drake pretty loudly...you know he's from Toronto right...

The Hockey Life is offline  
Old
01-30-2012, 03:21 PM
  #14
TrueBlue86
Registered User
 
TrueBlue86's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: London, Ontario
Posts: 3,071
vCash: 500
someone delete this fool and give him an infraction

i am sorry but after how the scum fans have behaved this weekend, i want nothing to do with this little, insecure franchise

if any of you post anything in their forum, you'll get an infraction, go try

TrueBlue86 is offline  
Old
01-30-2012, 03:21 PM
  #15
Ari91
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,470
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sens4life View Post
So, you need a reason to boo or paying for tickets allow you to boo whoever you want? I believe the fans this weekend paid for their tickets and took your advice to book whoever the **** they wanted to...

But this is about your leafs demenour, not about the booing...(sigh)



Spelling mistakes in a forum? Guilty.
Forgetting the u is a punishable offense. It's what makes us Canadian you know.

While visiting family that moved from Toronto to NYC, my cousin was writing notes and he didn't put the 'u' in humour and when I pointed it out, his American friend thought he was losing his Canadian-ness. Like genuinely, he thought a distinguishing feature of Canadian culture was the 'u' we use in words like humour and colour. I had a good laugh and when I saw your post, it reminded me of that so I just went with it

Ari91 is offline  
Old
01-30-2012, 03:26 PM
  #16
Dayjobdave
Registered User
 
Dayjobdave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 1,789
vCash: 500
This thread is kind of like when you're having a party and the kids keep creeping out of bed to sit on the stairs in their PJ's so they can listen to the adults talk.


Dayjobdave is offline  
Old
01-30-2012, 03:31 PM
  #17
Ari91
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,470
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattTheLeafsFan View Post
Thanks for posting this.

However, we don't have a problem with the booing, (It was obvious that it was going to happen) BUT every single time Lupul went to make a pick or Kessel or Phaneuf touched the puck all you heard was boo's and it was really annoying. Also, the fact that all of our players were boo'd makes absoluetly no sense to me....We boo Alfredsson for a reason. If it was here in Toronto Spezza, Karlsson and Michalek would not have gotten boo'd. That's all im saying.

And just for the sake of showing class, I say we give Alfie a nice standing ovation next time we play them

ALSO, you guys chanted Drake pretty loudly...you know he's from Toronto right...
Speaking of Drake, did you see the video of him meeting the players? He gave a head bow to Phaneuf. Particularly when Drake met Phaneuf and Chara, he made the two of them look like the celebrities with the way he was reacting to them

I was wondering if he's a Leafs fan. On NHL.com, they mentioned that he spent a bit more time hanging out with the Leafs players than the other guys so it's probably not an awful assumption to think that he is.

Ari91 is offline  
Old
01-30-2012, 04:21 PM
  #18
KuleminFan41
Registered User
 
KuleminFan41's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Country: Portugal
Posts: 4,819
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sens4life View Post
Just wanted to add that I do hate the leafs, especially the way Alfie is treated by moron leaf fans here at home.

But the thing that really did impress me was how Lupul and the others rolled with the reception. Very impressed with Lupul and thanks to the way he acted, it's a bit harder to hate the guy!

We wanted to see personalities this weekend and got what we wanted. What I didn't expect was seeing players I dislike in a good light.

OK, enough nice talking about the opposition...

^This is why he is boo'ed constantly when he plays vs Toronto.

KuleminFan41 is offline  
Old
01-30-2012, 04:26 PM
  #19
Saul Goodman
Attorney at law
 
Saul Goodman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,561
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sens4life View Post
Just wanted to add that I do hate the leafs, especially the way Alfie is treated by moron leaf fans here at home.

But the thing that really did impress me was how Lupul and the others rolled with the reception. Very impressed with Lupul and thanks to the way he acted, it's a bit harder to hate the guy!

We wanted to see personalities this weekend and got what we wanted. What I didn't expect was seeing players I dislike in a good light.

OK, enough nice talking about the opposition...
leafs fans booing alfie for actual reasons vs sens fans booing any leafs player just for the hell of it... and leafs fans are the morons? that's rich.

Saul Goodman is offline  
Old
01-30-2012, 04:27 PM
  #20
Squiffy
Victims, rn't we all
 
Squiffy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,530
vCash: 500
Same reason as the other thread...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squiffy View Post
Oh enough already, it's been like 4 days of essentially this same topic. Weekend is over, lets move on. We play them Saturday and both sides can get all worked up again, lets take a couple days break.

__________________
bWo: If you don't know, you should know... Buds WORLD Order Constitution
Adj: "Squiffy" - stupefied by a chemical substance (esp. alcohol)

R.I.P. Darryl buddy... it was too soon.. too soon
Squiffy is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:55 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.