HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > International Tournaments
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
International Tournaments Discuss international tournaments such as the World Juniors, Olympic hockey, and Ice Hockey World Championships, as they take place; or discuss past tournaments.

Ticket prices are shocking

Closed Thread

Old
05-05-2012, 09:16 AM
SwedenCanada

vCash: 500
I red a strange comment on aftonbladet (newspaper).

"Jag köpte 2 biljetter för 395:- st, blev 850:- inkl serviceavgift. Men när kvittot kom så står det 1670:- Man blir tydligen blåst i alla fall."

"I bought 2 tickets for 395:- each, 850 incl. fees. But when I got the receipt it said 1670:- You get screwed either way."

The same thing happened to another guy but he checked his bank account and the correct amount (850:-) was gone.

Strange **** going on.

Old
05-05-2012, 09:21 AM
Finnpin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jussi View Post
Talk about greed ruining the tournament...
Slogan for the 2012 Worlds.

Old
05-05-2012, 09:23 AM
joe89

Quote:
The media takes up more seats/room in a tournament the scale of this so there's less seats for public. I think Kummola said on Thursday's tv spectacle that something like 200-250 journalists are attending the Worlds.

In case it wasn't mentioned before, Finland are planning on profit 8 million(but would be happy with 6-7 million) euros for this year's WC, where as Sweden we're planning for the same number for this AND next year's tournament. Slovakia profited 2 million euros for last year's WC, all of which went to junior and women's/girls hockey. Talk about greed ruining the tournament...
Haha, this sounds like when former Swedish Hockey Federation boss Rickard Fagerlund had hopes for a similar profit when we last had the Worlds at home(2002). They just never learn.

Old
05-05-2012, 09:34 AM
IAGTTAYM

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by SwedenCanada View Post
I red a strange comment on aftonbladet (newspaper).

"Jag köpte 2 biljetter för 395:- st, blev 850:- inkl serviceavgift. Men när kvittot kom så står det 1670:- Man blir tydligen blåst i alla fall."

"I bought 2 tickets for 395:- each, 850 incl. fees. But when I got the receipt it said 1670:- You get screwed either way."

The same thing happened to another guy but he checked his bank account and the correct amount (850:-) was gone.

Strange **** going on.
Ticnet was going insane, I got tickets for tonights game at 395:- each and now the same tickets are 1495:-

Old
05-05-2012, 10:24 AM
Jussi
No strings on me

Really empty looking at the lower bowls in the Latvia-Russia game too. Latvian fans have usually made good tourists/fans when the tournament has been "close enough" but unless they're hanging out in upper bowl, which the noise might indicate, it's a huge blow to the overall atmosphere.

Old
05-05-2012, 10:35 AM
QnebO

Quote:
Really empty looking at the lower bowls in the Latvia-Russia game too. Latvian fans have usually made good tourists/fans when the tournament has been "close enough" but unless they're hanging out in upper bowl, which the noise might indicate, it's a huge blow to the overall atmosphere.
Looks like same fans came from the smoke-pipe section to the middle in second peroid, more audience now in the good seats I think

Old
05-05-2012, 10:40 AM
Finnpin

The lack of attendance even kills the atmosphere in home sofa.

Today I went to see how many tickets are left to Canada - USA game and let's say there is plenty of empty seats for one of the most interesting round robin game

Old
05-05-2012, 10:52 AM
KarlssonMarx
Be Red

It's gotta be weird for some guys going straight from the NHL playoffs to this atmosphere.
Really sucks because it makes it look like the host countries don't give a **** about seeing these players, when that obviously isn't the case. Whoever decided to try to maximize profits this way should be ashamed of themselves and is not a true hockey fan

Old
05-05-2012, 10:59 AM
Jocke

Bought tickets for Sweden - Denmark (B-stands) and for Sweden - Germany (A-stands)

Old
05-05-2012, 10:59 AM
Finnpin

Facepalm at the CANADA - USA attendance. It's even lower than I expected. Effin Kummola, Fire yourself!

Old
05-05-2012, 11:25 AM
Zamuz

Kummola can go to hell

Old
05-05-2012, 11:32 AM
CPFC

Actually I think Kummola and Sulin are finally realizing that they have royally screwed up this tournament. I've heard that the biggest corporate sponsors of Finnish Ice Hockey Federation are seriously annoyed by the bad publicity and the negative atmosphere surrounding the tournament. This might be the "language" that Kummola understands.

Old
05-05-2012, 11:36 AM
supermasif

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finnpin View Post
Facepalm at the CANADA - USA attendance. It's even lower than I expected. Effin Kummola, Fire yourself!

So many mad people in this thread. Sure it's understandable. Kummola and his buddies need to follow the swedish example.

The whining is getting a bit annoying now though.

Last edited by supermasif: 05-05-2012 at 11:42 AM.
Old
05-05-2012, 11:40 AM
QnebO

Quote:
Originally Posted by GCZ View Post
Actually I think Kummola and Sulin are finally realizing that they have royally screwed up this tournament. I've heard that the biggest corporate sponsors of Finnish Ice Hockey Federation are seriously annoyed by the bad publicity and the negative atmosphere surrounding the tournament. This might be the "language" that Kummola understands.
They are right, this looks like VIP-games of porvarie's. Nothing to do with sportsmanship, and look at Canada - USA game audience... Terrible, just terrible

Old
05-05-2012, 11:41 AM
Weide

Wikegård really telling Christer Englund what he thinks on Swedish TV now

Old
05-05-2012, 11:42 AM
Spinkis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weide View Post
Wikegård really telling Christer Englund what he thinks on Swedish TV now
He's so cocky, I love it!

Old
05-05-2012, 11:43 AM
Dosing

just admit you screwed up and stop giving political answers englund....

Old
05-05-2012, 11:43 AM
icing

More or less told the president of the Swedish Hockey Federation (to his face) that he should be fired on the spot. Live TV with Wikegård is the best.

But his right. Englund is an amateur.

Old
05-05-2012, 11:45 AM
Zamuz

Quote:
Originally Posted by supermasif View Post
The whining is getting a bit annoying now though.
Why, aren't you annoyed that there are some greedy ******** who ruin completely the atmosphere of the tournament?

Old
05-05-2012, 11:53 AM
Lugaid
Hajlajtreelmål!

Send a message via Skype™ to Lugaid
Quote:
Originally Posted by icing View Post
More or less told the president of the Swedish Hockey Federation (to his face) that he should be fired on the spot. Live TV with Wikegård is the best.

Hehe, love it, especially the bit about tar and feathers.

This whole pricing thing has been going on for quite a while, both with Tre Kronor and the NHL opening games, hopefully this whole debate is a trendbreaker.

Old
05-05-2012, 12:05 PM
slovakiasnextone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zamuz View Post
Why, aren't you annoyed that there are some greedy ******** who ruin completely the atmosphere of the tournament?
There were greedy ***** last year too (the average prices might have been lower, but not so much when you look at the average salaries in SWE and SVK), but it still didn´t ruin the tournament. (even though there were some games with low attendance, at least the games between the top teams had a solid attendance.) Maybe greed is not the only problem here.

Acording to this prices for individual tickets yesterday´s games in Sweden cost 125-395SEK (14-44Euro) and the ones to SWE-NOR 395-1495 (44-167Euro).
In comparison the cheapest tickets last year in Slovakia in the prelieminary group were 30 Euro in Košice and 40 Euro in Bratislava no matter who played. The highest prices were lower ofc at 55 Euro.

But the average salary in Sweden is about 2-3 times higher in Slovakia.

Old
05-05-2012, 12:05 PM
FirstSwitch

Quote:
Originally Posted by icing View Post

WTF did he say they spended 15 million swedish kronor on PR for this WC..
I haven't seen any PR at all

Old
05-05-2012, 12:22 PM
M3ntalpr0
Neutral fan

I dont understand these ticket prices at all. I mean i get it if they want to get greedy in the home team games because its pretty much guaranteed to sold out, but why do they ask this much for games that people come to see only for fun? There is no way i'd pay 150euros to watch USA-CAN game even though its a great matchup.

Old
05-05-2012, 12:30 PM
Finnpin

IIHF should build their brand called World Championships and I'm pretty sure they aren't happy to see these empty seats just because the organizers want to make big profits. They should guard the organizers. They should be the big bosses making the calls and say no when greedy ******** just wanna ruin the sport and make money.

Old
05-05-2012, 12:45 PM
FiLe
Mr. Know-It-Nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by slovakiasnextone View Post
There were greedy ***** last year too (the average prices might have been lower, but not so much when you look at the average salaries in SWE and SVK), but it still didn´t ruin the tournament. (even though there were some games with low attendance, at least the games between the top teams had a solid attendance.) Maybe greed is not the only problem here..
Like you said, the average price between countries are different. However, that means the countries with cheaper average price level are more likely to get heaps of visitors from other countries that can afford the trip.

This time however, the organizers have priced the access far out of reach for BOTH their domestic fans and any possible foreign visitors. Cue the empty seats and overwhelming torrent of complaints. These are truly games where only the elite seem to have comfortable access.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finnpin View Post
IIHF should build their brand called World Championships and I'm pretty sure they aren't happy to see these empty seats just because the organizers want to make big profits. They should guard the organizers. They should be the big bosses making the calls and say no when greedy ******** just wanna ruin the sport and make money.
Considering Kummola is only behind Fasel at IIHF, I'd say this would be like the fox guarding the chicken coop.

Closed Thread