HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > International Tournaments
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

International Tournaments Discuss international tournaments such as the World Juniors, Olympic hockey, and Ice Hockey World Championships, as they take place; or discuss past tournaments.

Ticket prices are shocking

Closed Thread

Old
05-05-2012, 02:38 PM
The Saw Is the Law

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mara View Post
I think the next game is in September against France, world championship qualification. Most of the tickets for that game are already gone, prices start from 40€. You better hurry if you wanna see dem frenchies play.
Hah! Prices start from 30e and children, students, pensioners and aamukasat will get -50% tickets. So thats 15€

Season ticket for ALL World Championship qualification games start from 80e and students etc get -50%.

40e for all qualification games. Here we go soccer!

Old
05-05-2012, 02:38 PM
Panopticon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finnpin View Post
I'm sure they ment Finland against those countries. The press release was so amateurish like everything around the organization.
That is what it meant, but I doubt even that is true. Well, sold out maybe, but not full. And not full of real hockey fans, not even close.

Too bad that they're selling out, though. Kummola gets the money, thinks he did the right thing, and the arena is still half empty and the atmosphere sucks. It's the worst of both worlds.

EDIT: Just tried and there's still tickets available for the FIN-SVK game... the US and CAN games are sold out indeed.

Last edited by Panopticon: 05-05-2012 at 02:52 PM.
Old
05-05-2012, 03:05 PM
wirelessflyingcord
An Oxymoron

Here is the press blah blah in full:

Ruotsin MM-kisaorganisaatio ilmoitti tänään laskevansa 2 400 päätykatsomoissa sijaitsevan katsomopaikan hintaa jokaiseen Ruotsin MM-peliin. Ruotsin kisaorganisaatio teki ratkaisun, koska heillä myynti on ollut paljon hiljaisempaa kuin Suomessa ja päätykatsomot lähes tyhjät.

Suomessa avauspeli pelattiin täydelle katsomolle ja myös Kanadan, USAn ja Slovakian peleissä katsomot ovat jo nyt loppuunmyytyjä ja kisaorganisaatio yrittää vapauttaa lippuja kansainvälisistä kiintiöistä. Pääsylippuja on jäljellä vielä Suomen peleihin Ranskaa, Sveitsiä ja Kazakstania vastaan. Suomessa Ruotsin kaltainen hintojen laskeminen ei ole tarkoituksenmukaista.

Maalis-huhtikuussa 18 paikkakunnalla vierailleen Suomikiekko-kiertueen aikana jokaisella kiertuepaikkakunnalla oli myynnissä rajallinen määrä kiertuepaketteja kahteen Suomen ja kahteen Kanadan alkusarjan otteluun. Kiertuepaketteihin kuului kaksi pääsylippua yhden lipun hinnalla.

MM-kisaorganisaatio kommentoi pääsylippujen kokonaismyyntiä seuraavan kerran MM-kisojen finaalivaiheessa, yleisömäärät ilmoitetaan jokaisen ottelun yhteydessä.

Not sure if it's in English somewhere. In the end it says "The organization will comment the ticket sales next time during the final phase of the tournament ---".

Old
05-05-2012, 03:11 PM
Finnpin
"internet"

It's funny that they mainly only comment about Team Finland's games tickets. Like there isn't any other nations playing in Helsinki not named Finland.

Old
05-05-2012, 03:11 PM
wirelessflyingcord
An Oxymoron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Depch View Post
I have to say I kinda am starting to feel good about this as well, at first I was really shamed of this mess, but now I'm just starting to feel very good about this whole situation and kicking it back to the face of Kummola & co.
Same here. In a perverse way I want this to fail now. Too bad for the players and for us fans, regardless of how the actual tournament goes for the team, but this is a small price to pay for a once in a life time chance to oust that fatass and his minions out of the federation. I don't think the financial outcome of this tournee will matter much to junior work etc, since the federation itself should be pretty stable financially and no one seems to complain about lack of resources, so I will feel good about hoping to see the poop hit the fan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paatos View Post
Unless I'm going blind, how can those numbers be accurate?
Simple. The numbers = amount of sold tickets. Extract couple of thousand of those corporate tickets (no showups) and the figures starts to sound plausible. As predicted, the organization boasts with the few fairly good attendance figures and uses them the completely negate the criticism.

Last edited by wirelessflyingcord: 05-05-2012 at 03:25 PM.
Old
05-05-2012, 03:27 PM
Paatos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dick Justice View Post
Simple. The numbers = amount of sold tickets. Extract couple of thousand of those corporate tickets (no showups) and the figures starts to sound plausible. As predicted, the organization boasts with the few fairly good attendance figures and uses them the completely negate the criticism.
Yeah, that's the good old Veikkausliiga approach that they have adopted.

On an another note, SWE-CZE is genuinely looking like a full house, great (normal) atmosphere, a mexican wave and the croud chanting seven nation army at the end... someone should show that to the muppets in the Finnish organization to demonstrate how a -purposeful- solution about ticket prices can affect the outcome.

Then again, Finland is not Sweden. The USSRish management methods are alive and well in here.

Old
05-05-2012, 03:31 PM
Lugaid
Hajlajtreelmål!

Send a message via Skype™ to Lugaid
Quote:
Yeah, that's the good old Veikkausliiga approach that they have adopted.

On an another note, SWE-CZE is genuinely looking like a full house, great (normal) athmosphere, a mexican wave and the croud chanting seven nation army at the end... someone should show that to the muppets in the Finnish organization to demonstrate how a -purposeful- solution about ticket prices can affect the outcome.

Then again, Finland is not Sweden. The USSRish management methods are alive and well in here.
Swedes are professionals when it comes to complaining, this morning everyone talked about what a scandal the tournament management was in morning shows, the players talked about it last night and it was just the thing on everyone's lips today, so they were forced to do something about it. It wasn't a completely full house, but it was definitely a good atmosphere in the Globe today. Hope things work out for Finland as well, even though you've had quite good attendance already, which may work against the "cause of the people", in this instance.

Old
05-05-2012, 03:48 PM
FiLe
Mr. Know-It-Nothing

You know what would be funny? Once the tournament ends, the Swedes announce better net income than Finland does, despite them having zero medal game attendance.

Old
05-05-2012, 03:49 PM
wirelessflyingcord
An Oxymoron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lugaid View Post
Swedes are professionals when it comes to complaining, this morning everyone talked about what a scandal the tournament management was in morning shows, the players talked about it last night and it was just the thing on everyone's lips today, so they were forced to do something about it.
It's not like it hasn't been a hot topic here... difference being though that Finnish sports media has no balls with few exceptions. And that our fereration is a world champion in stubbornness.

Old
05-05-2012, 03:50 PM
wirelessflyingcord
An Oxymoron

Quote:
Originally Posted by FiLe View Post
You know what would be funny? Once the tournament ends, the Swedes announce better net income than Finland does, despite them having zero medal game attendance.
I hope that happens now.

Old
05-05-2012, 03:55 PM
TurboBrick

Quote:
Oh yes, and report attendance as tickets issued instead of tickets scanned at the door. I think that:

a) % of tickets given out to corporate sponsors is quite high
b) "80% of sales targets have been met" is true, because the # of tickets that were on sale for general public in the first place was incredibly low to begin with
c) These games will end up being profitable because they were planning on making their money off the corporate accounts anyways.

Where they went wrong was gauging the level of interest towards the games from people that aren't fans. Those people didn't show up even with a free ticket in hand, and now everyone can see on TV that the emperor has no clothes. The fallout will be that no one is going to be willing to pay a premium for tickets next year. The absolute worst case scenario is that the players are going to decline en masse.

I was genuinely interested in this tournament earlier, but my enthusiasm has now shifted into morbid curiosity. It's like rubber necking an accident scene. I'm actually far more personally interested right now in the AHL (!) playoffs.

Old
05-05-2012, 04:03 PM
TurboBrick

Quote:
The USSRish management methods are alive and well in here.
Kale Kum-Jong-Il is the master of survival and he'll stay in power after all of this is over. Sulin, on the other hand is expendable. He should start looking for a new job soon. I hear there's a real hockey boom going on in Turkey.

Old
05-05-2012, 04:06 PM
FiLe
Mr. Know-It-Nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboBrick View Post
Sulin, on the other hand is expendable. He should start looking for a new job soon. I hear there's a real hockey boom going on in Turkey.
Ironically, he was named as the new General Secretary of the Finnish Olympic Committee two weeks ago. I guess that's something you call an unjustified promotion.

Old
05-05-2012, 04:10 PM
Finnpin
"internet"

Quote:
Originally Posted by FiLe View Post
Ironically, he was named as the new General Secretary of the Finnish Olympic Committee two weeks ago. I guess that's something you call an unjustified promotion.
I send my condolences to the Finnish Olympic Committee.

Old
05-05-2012, 04:28 PM
wirelessflyingcord
An Oxymoron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jussi View Post
Someone should edit the empty stands from yesterdays's game into the background.

Old
05-05-2012, 04:28 PM
The Saw Is the Law

Quote:
Originally Posted by Official press by Finnish Hockey Federation View Post
Ruotsin kisaorganisaatio teki ratkaisun, koska heillä myynti on ollut paljon hiljaisempaa kuin Suomessa ja päätykatsomot lähes tyhjät.
Vittu mitä paskaa!

Sweden DID LOWER THE PRICES BECAUSE THE GAMES WERE HALF EMPTY! Sweden did NOT lower the prices because Finland games sold better...

They both sucked in selling the arena. Only Swedes do their homework.

Quote:
Suomessa avauspeli pelattiin täydelle katsomolle ja myös Kanadan, USAn ja Slovakian peleissä katsomot ovat jo nyt loppuunmyytyjä
Yeah "Sold Out". Can't wait to see the empty seats...

Quote:
Pääsylippuja on jäljellä vielä Suomen peleihin Ranskaa, Sveitsiä ja Kazakstania vastaan.
Yes. There are lots of tickets remaining to FIN-FRA, FIN-SUI, FIN-KAZ, and NO ONE WILL BUY THEM!!! But we will have "Sold Out" because you give free tickets to schools, junior teams and favourite sponsors.

Quote:
Suomessa Ruotsin kaltainen hintojen laskeminen ei ole tarkoituksenmukaista.
Those idiots think "things are alright here". Kale Jong Il and Josif Sulin.

Quote:
Maalis-huhtikuussa 18 paikkakunnalla vierailleen Suomikiekko-kiertueen aikana jokaisella kiertuepaikkakunnalla oli myynnissä rajallinen määrä kiertuepaketteja kahteen Suomen ja kahteen Kanadan alkusarjan otteluun. Kiertuepaketteihin kuului kaksi pääsylippua yhden lipun hinnalla.
And why this is here? "hey there was cheapier tickets don't compain"

Yeah small amount of half price tickets to FIN-KAZAKSTAN game... Still INSANE prices

Quote:
MM-kisaorganisaatio kommentoi pääsylippujen kokonaismyyntiä seuraavan kerran MM-kisojen finaalivaiheessa, yleisömäärät ilmoitetaan jokaisen ottelun yhteydessä.
"We don't comment this anymore"

---

Swedish TOP players complain about the tickets prices. Finnish players not because they are Kummolas sheeps.

After career those sheeps will get nice job in Finnish Ice Hockey Federation, like Jari Kurri. He is out "General Manager" and no one really knows what is his job. He gets money sitting next to Kummola. Don't even talk about Timo Jutila...

In 2010 i got infractions because critizing that idiot. The biggest cancer of finnish ice hockey. And his saunabuddy will be our next General Secretary of "Finnish Olympic Committee".

Old
05-05-2012, 04:43 PM
wirelessflyingcord
An Oxymoron

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Saw Is the Law View Post
Swedish TOP players complain about the tickets prices. Finnish players not because they are Kummolas sheeps.
Anssi Salmela said: "Usually you don't notice it, but it was pretty quiet tonight" (urheilulehti.fi)

But yeah, direct ticket price reference coming from Koivu's or Granlund's mouth would be something a bit more...

Old
05-05-2012, 04:45 PM
The Saw Is the Law

Quote:
Anssi Salmela said: "Usually you don't notice it, but it was pretty quiet tonight" (urheilulehti.fi)

But yeah, direct ticket price reference coming from Koivu's or Granlund's mouth would be something a bit more...
Koivu was asked about that. Did not comment...

Old
05-05-2012, 04:54 PM
Haite
x

Yeah, IIRC Koivu's response was something along these lines:

"I don't think it's players' responsibility to give their opinion about the ticket prices. In the end I believe that the money will be spent on good cause."

And I understand his point of view. Players should be allowed to concentrate on playing, that's what they're here to do.

Old
05-05-2012, 04:57 PM
The Saw Is the Law

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haite View Post

And I understand his point of view. Players should be allowed to concentrate on playing, that's what they're here to do.
I bet they are told to NOT comment anything what happens outside the rink.

Old
05-05-2012, 04:57 PM
QnebO
Wheel, snipe, celly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haite View Post
Yeah, IIRC Koivu's response was something along these lines:

"I don't think it's players' responsibility to give their opinion about the ticket prices. In the end I believe that the money will be spent on good cause."

If you whine about it now, kummola will remember and you will never have career after career in national team.

Old
05-05-2012, 05:01 PM
Haite
x

Quote:
Originally Posted by QnebO View Post
If you whine about it now, kummola will remember and you will never have career after career in national team.
I'm sort of hoping that in ten years Kummola's regime would've come to an end.

Old
05-05-2012, 05:01 PM
Granin

The worst part is that Kummola still hasn't admitted that they made a mistake. The damage is already done but he should at least be a man, admit the mistake and lower the costs to save what's left. Obviously fans from other countries won't be travelling to Helsinki even if the prices are lowered now but it's better than nothing.

I know it's not gonna happen but Kummola and Sulin should be fired immediately. It's just disastrous management. The tourney had huge hype in Finland after last years win and hockey's more popular than ever. Yet somehow you manage to end up with the worst World Championship ever. They should have done some research on what people would be willing to pay before setting the prices. And did they even think what the high prices would do to the atmosphere at the games? Or maybe they just don't care?

From what I understand the Finnish Ice Hockey Association is supposed to help develop the sport. In that respect this WC has been an utter failure. No kids go to watch the games because bringing your family to the games is simply unaffordable. The atmosphere is terrible since many of the true fans choose to stay at home to watch it on TV instead. And it's not just bad for finnish hockey: think about what it looks like for the fans in Europe or Canada/USA watching their team play for near empty arenas. There's been a lot of talk about how much North Americans care about the tournament, well I doubt this is gonna help with that either. I just don't understand how you can NOT get fired after something like this.

Old
05-05-2012, 05:02 PM
FiLe
Mr. Know-It-Nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Saw Is the Law View Post
Koivu was asked about that. Did not comment...
I don't blame Koivu really. His job is to make sure the team he leads keep their mind in the game and nothing else. Having every other question surround the issue from here on out would be rather counter productive towards that goal.

I think the ideal member of the team to comment on the issue would be Filppula. He's too important player to be brushed aside but still not a deep insider. If he were to compare the audiences to ones in, say, an average game in NHL playoffs, I doubt even Kale could say he doesn't really know what he's talking about.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Granin View Post
I just don't understand how you can NOT get fired after something like this.
Because the only one who can fire Kummola is Kummola himself.

Old
05-05-2012, 05:11 PM
wirelessflyingcord
An Oxymoron

Quote:
Originally Posted by QnebO View Post
Even if the whiner (truthspeaker) was Granlund? Seriously. A bit tinfoil hat-ish.

Closed Thread