HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > International Tournaments
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

International Tournaments Discuss international tournaments such as the World Juniors, Olympic hockey, and Ice Hockey World Championships, as they take place; or discuss past tournaments.

Ticket prices are shocking

Closed Thread

Old
05-05-2012, 05:20 PM
Finnpin
"internet"

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Granin View Post
The worst part is that Kummola still hasn't admitted that they made a mistake. The damage is already done but he should at least be a man, admit the mistake and lower the costs to save what's left. Obviously fans from other countries won't be travelling to Helsinki even if the prices are lowered now but it's better than nothing.

I know it's not gonna happen but Kummola and Sulin should be fired immediately. It's just disastrous management. The tourney had huge hype in Finland after last years win and hockey's more popular than ever. Yet somehow you manage to end up with the worst World Championship ever. They should have done some research on what people would be willing to pay before setting the prices. And did they even think what the high prices would do to the atmosphere at the games? Or maybe they just don't care?

From what I understand the Finnish Ice Hockey Association is supposed to help develop the sport. In that respect this WC has been an utter failure. No kids go to watch the games because bringing your family to the games is simply unaffordable. The atmosphere is terrible since many of the true fans choose to stay at home to watch it on TV instead. And it's not just bad for finnish hockey: think about what it looks like for the fans in Europe or Canada/USA watching their team play for near empty arenas. There's been a lot of talk about how much North Americans care about the tournament, well I doubt this is gonna help with that either. I just don't understand how you can NOT get fired after something like this.
Good post, I have totally same thoughts...maybe with little bit more hate

Old
05-05-2012, 05:24 PM
wirelessflyingcord
An Oxymoron

Quote:
Originally Posted by FiLe View Post
Because the only one who can fire Kummola is Kummola himself.
Technically, but:

Quote:
10 § LIITTOVALTUUSTO

Järjestäytymiskokouksessa (joka kolmas vuosi)

3. valitaan kolmeksi vuodeksi liittohallitukseen puheenjohtaja, jota kutsutaan liiton puheenjohtajaksi
http://www.finhockey.fi/info/toimintasaannot/

Old
05-05-2012, 05:27 PM
YARR123

Even from an economical stand point they should be lowering the prices. Here's some pros and cons of lowering prices
Pros:
1. Every unsold ticket means they're leaving money on the table.
2. It's embarrassing if every game doesn't sell out.
3. The atmosphere suffers if the arena isn't full
4. The image of the world championships brand deteriorates, it starts to look like nobody gives a **** when arenas are empty

Cons:
1. Kummola loses face

And we all no that if Kim Jabba-Il is more improtant than anything right...

Even if these guys JUST want to make money for the whole charade, it still makes ZERO sense not to lower the prices. What do you do if you have 10 items that you need to sell, and you have a time limit of 10 hours (assuming you can't sell them after the 10 hours)? Sure, you can try to sell those items for a million each and if they get sold, fine. But if they don't sell any of those items for 9 hours, you got to start lowering the prices to get at least something. It's just common sense! It's mind boggling how foolish they are. What are they winning by not selling any tickets to France - Switzerland game? NOTHING. This should be basic supply and demand. Low demand --> prices go down. I guess Kaiser Kal€ is just too afraid to admit he's wrong.

Old
05-05-2012, 05:31 PM
The Saw Is the Law

Quote:
Originally Posted by Granin View Post
I know it's not gonna happen but Kummola and Sulin should be fired immediately.

I just don't understand how you can NOT get fired after something like this.
No one can fire them. Really no one. In bigger picture REALLY no one.

Kummola has deeeeeep roots in
IIHF (vice preisdent)
Finnish hockey federation (member of board since 1975, vice president since 1990, president since 1997)
finnish politics (congressman 1999-2003)
finnish olympic committee (member of board since 1993, commission chairman since 2004)
chief executive officer of Finnish Elite League (1975-1987)
just to name few...

By the way also:
Tampere United (soccer team) member of board 2007-
From wikipedia: On 14 April 2011 the club were suspended indefinitely by the Finnish Football Association because they had received money from a dubious company based in Singapore, known for involvement in fixed games

more in finnish:
Epäily rahan vastaanottamisesta vedonlyöntivilpistä epäillyltä singaporelaisyhtiön edustajalta Wilson Raj Perumalilta kohdistuu paitsi seuran toimitusjohtajaan ja hallituksen puheenjohtajaan, myös muihin vastuuhenkilöihin.

Kummola has been there since 70's. Every big money guy is his friend. Ugly. He is Finnish Ironchancellor. If something is wrong it's not his fault, it's yours.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dick Justice View Post
Technically, but:

LIITTOVALTUUSTO
Hah! Technically yes, but no. Every member of that party is friend of Kummola. They don't vote him out becaus Kummola has given them the plaze in "liittovaltuusto"

---

Finnish Ice Hockey Federation is the biggest joke ever

---

Only what pp can do is try to smoke him out. Not an easy task tought.

Old
05-05-2012, 05:57 PM
FiLe
Mr. Know-It-Nothing

Old
05-06-2012, 01:14 AM
Den

I don't know what was that about reducing prices in Sweden, but today they are the same. I am looking at 300SEK minimun for the crappiest of places for Rus-Nor...

Old
05-06-2012, 01:22 AM
Tomas W

Quote:
Originally Posted by Den View Post
I don't know what was that about reducing prices in Sweden, but today they are the same. I am looking at 300SEK minimun for the crappiest of places for Rus-Nor...
I've just looked at the Swedish round robin games, and they have lowered all "1290"* tickets to 395 in all games, except the game against Russia (I guess that game as sold pretty well anyway).

It's embarrassing though if the ticket prices for non Swedish games isnt lowered too. Perhaps it's to late for that now anyway. I think this is just sad, this greed. Were is the love for hockey?

*lower bolw is still 1490

Old
05-06-2012, 01:34 AM
Panopticon

I don't think 300SEK is that bad for RUS-NOR. You don't even get BLR-KAZ in Helsinki for that price, and a game such as SUI-BLR is over twice that much. These are still silly prices, but 300SEK is still something I myself would pay for games that I'm interested in. How much for some slightly better seats?

On another note, the long "sold out" FIN-CAN now apparently has available tickets at lippu.fi...

Old
05-06-2012, 01:50 AM
Haite
x

Doesn't sound like too good of a sales speech to claim that the tickets are sold out when there's still over half a thousand available.

Old
05-06-2012, 01:54 AM
QnebO
Wheel, snipe, celly

http://www.mtv3.fi/uutiset/kotimaa.s...sut-suosikiksi

France - Kazakshtan allmost sold out, everyone going because tickets are only 37€

Old
05-06-2012, 01:55 AM
MMANumminen

Old
05-06-2012, 01:58 AM
wirelessflyingcord
An Oxymoron

Quote:
Originally Posted by QnebO View Post

France - Kazakshtan allmost sold out, everyone going because tickets are only 37€
Helped by the planned protest?

Old
05-06-2012, 01:59 AM
Tomas W

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panopticon View Post
I don't think 300SEK is that bad for RUS-NOR. You don't even get BLR-KAZ in Helsinki for that price, and a game such as SUI-BLR is over twice that much. These are still silly prices, but 300SEK is still something I myself would pay for games that I'm interested in. How much for some slightly better seats?

On another note, the long "sold out" FIN-CAN now apparently has available tickets at lippu.fi...
The range for that game is between 275SEK and 770SEK. You can get decent tickets for 395SEK though, and that isnt that bad if you really care about the game.

Old
05-06-2012, 02:01 AM
Finnpin
"internet"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panopticon View Post
Now FIN - CAN/USA: not available ...but FIN - SVK still plenty of tickets available.

Old
05-06-2012, 02:06 AM
Finnpin
"internet"

Quote:
Originally Posted by QnebO View Post

I checked it and wow...looks well sold...And that shows people will move and go see games when the prices are moderate.

Maybe people just go there to see the planned protest/to protest against the high prices

Though Kal€ Jong-Il probably have given orders to tv crew to not show anything about the protests.

Old
05-06-2012, 02:36 AM
MMANumminen

lol @ KAL€ JONG-I£

Old
05-06-2012, 02:43 AM
Finnpin
"internet"

Sulin at Canal+ 24/7 studio. That dbag still talks only about how well team Finland games have sold and no need to reduce prices anymore.

Ok we know that and understand that it's too late for Finnish games but Mr. Sulin have you noticed there is other round robin games (with empty arena) where team Finland isn't playing. Why can't you reduce those ticket prices?

Old
05-06-2012, 03:07 AM
talenttracer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMANumminen View Post
HAhahaaaa what an uglybugly.

Old
05-06-2012, 03:20 AM
Like Wall
I am Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by talenttracer View Post
HAhahaaaa what an uglybugly.
Boss Nass wasn't greedy. He was just stupid.

Old
05-06-2012, 04:12 AM
Finnpin
"internet"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Like Wall View Post
Boss Nass wasn't greedy. He was just stupid.
Kummola is Boss Nass 2.0 the updated version. Greediness added.

Old
05-06-2012, 04:27 AM
zorz

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMANumminen View Post
I wonder if he also does this

Old
05-06-2012, 04:51 AM
FlutteringSaucer

Could we please try to keep the ticket price talk here? Yes, we are all angry and upset, but spamming the ticket price talk in every country thread and GDT doesn't help a thing.

Old
05-06-2012, 04:54 AM
ult

Old
05-06-2012, 05:01 AM
slovakiasnextone

Quote:
Originally Posted by ult View Post
Haha, just wanted to post this. Courtesy of hokjeportal.net and it´s titled SOLD OUT.

Old
05-06-2012, 05:05 AM
Finnpin
"internet"

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirPena View Post
Could we please try to keep the ticket price talk here? Yes, we are all angry and upset, but spamming the ticket price talk in every country thread and GDT doesn't help a thing.
It's mainly here but people are pissed off so the talk goes of course to the GDT threads but not much. Imo it's good people know how effed up things are.

LOL at the Angry Birds photo ^^ Bird is angry cause the seats are empty

Closed Thread