HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

Lubomir Visnovsky

Old
01-28-2012, 02:34 PM
mpp9

vCash: 500
Lubomir Visnovsky

What would Anaheim want in return for him? Plenty of teams could use a PP QB for a postseason run. He's only paid 3 mil next year in real salary but a 5.6 cap hit.

It's my understanding that Anaheim could use someone who can play top pairing minutes with Fowler, or help insulate Sbisa on the second pairing. Either way, someone who can play 20+ minutes of reliable D. Adding such a player would solidify Anaheim's top 4 for the foreseeable future.

As a Pens fan, I'd do a Martin/Lubo swap. Pens could use a legit PP QB and point shot aside from Letang. Another offensive weapon from the backend would do us wonders at ES as well. Maybe take on additional salary if need be if Anaheim foresees financial issues next year. Martin is signed for three more years at a 5 mil cap hit. Paid 4 mil next year and 5 the following two years.

mpp9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2012, 02:36 PM
Marlo Stanfield
My Name Is My Name

vCash: 50
Lumbo for Brad Stuart 1 for 1. Works out for both parties.

Marlo Stanfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2012, 02:44 PM
Gliff
Kesbae

vCash: 1075
Quote:
Originally Posted by mpp9 View Post
What would Anaheim want in return for him? Plenty of teams could use a PP QB for a postseason run. He's only paid 3 mil next year in real salary but a 5.6 cap hit.

It's my understanding that Anaheim could use someone who can play top pairing minutes with Fowler, or help insulate Sbisa on the second pairing. Either way, someone who can play 20+ minutes of reliable D. Adding such a player would solidify Anaheim's top 4 for the foreseeable future.

As a Pens fan, I'd do a Martin/Lubo swap. Pens could use a legit PP QB and point shot aside from Letang. Another offensive weapon from the backend would do us wonders at ES as well. Maybe take on additional salary if need be if Anaheim foresees financial issues next year. Martin is signed for three more years at a 5 mil cap hit. Paid 4 mil next year and 5 the following two years.
Martin is overpaid by a fare ammount while Lubo is on a STEAL only getting paid 3 mil next year. No thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenny Jonsson View Post
Oh ya. We give up last year's leader in points who is only due to be paid 3 mil next year for a UFA.

Last edited by SnS: 01-28-2012 at 04:16 PM.
Gliff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2012, 02:48 PM
mightyquack
You're the man Teemu

Quote:
Nope, Stuart would need to come with an extension firstly, secondly we'd have Fowler as our only PMD. Not really a good thing to heap so much pressure on to the kid at a young age. Schultz might be NHL ready next year, but as a guy who never has played a professional season it's questionable at best.

Lubo is better off in Anaheim right now, cheap salary, and is still our #1 PMD and is playing well. We don't need someone to play with Fowler, Beauch does that job well. And Sbisa is playing well with Lubo and is playing the best hockey he has since coming to Anaheim.

Fowler-Beauch
Lubo-Sbisa
Lydman-Brookbank

Is currently our top 6, so you can see the big hole trading Lubo leaves in our defence in the puck moving department. The only real tradeable pieces on the blueline are Lydman and/or Brookbank as of now.

mightyquack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2012, 02:50 PM
Lord Flashheart
Squadron Commander

Lubo is on exactly the kind of contract Ducks want. Another very important thing is that Fowler is still to young to take over Lubo's responsibilities, which makes Lubo even more valuable to the organisation. I can't see Lubo being moved this season. Next season at the deadline, more likely.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightyquack View Post
Is currently our top 6, so you can see the big hole trading Lubo leaves in our defence in the puck moving department. The only real tradeable pieces on the blueline are Lydman and/or Brookbank as of now.
Maybe not even Lydman, as Murray said he wants to pair Schultz with a veteran defenseman. Lydman fits that mould.

Lord Flashheart is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2012, 02:51 PM
mpp9

Quote:
Originally Posted by gliff View Post
Martin is overpaid by a fare ammount while Lubo is on a STEAL only getting paid 3 mil next year. No thanks.

Oh ya. We give up last year's leader in points who is only due to be paid 3 mil next year for a UFA...... Think before you post.
He's not overpaid by a fair amount. 500k at most. He'd help your team out tremendously in your own end for the next 3 years.

Martin paired with an offensive D-man would be ideal for him. He's all but inept in the offensive zone but is one of the best in the league at breaking up plays in the D-zone and starting the breakout. Anaheim could use a guy like that playing with one of Fowler and Sbisa.

mpp9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2012, 02:55 PM
mightyquack
You're the man Teemu

Quote:
He's not overpaid by a fair amount. 500k at most. He'd help your team out tremendously in your own end for the next 3 years.

Martin paired with an offensive D-man would be ideal for him. He's all but inept in the offensive zone but is one of the best in the league at breaking up plays in the D-zone and starting the breakout. Anaheim could use a guy like that playing with one of Fowler and Sbisa.
We don't really need that help at the expense of Lubo. We have Beauch, Sbisa, Lydman and to a lesser extend Brookbank who can all do a good job of being a good defensive player on the blueline.

Sbisa is very much becoming a defensive d-man rather then an offensive d-man, if we're lucky he MIGHT become a 2-way player, but I don't think he will.

Old
01-28-2012, 02:57 PM
mightyquack
You're the man Teemu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zapp Brannigan View Post
Maybe not even Lydman, as Murray said he wants to pair Schultz with a veteran defenseman. Lydman fits that mould.
Lydman and Brookbank are the only pieces that have any chance of getting traded which is what I was getting it, none of our top 4 have any chance of getting traded atm

Whether or not Schultz makes the NHL next season is another thing.

Old
01-28-2012, 03:59 PM
Marlo Stanfield
My Name Is My Name

Quote:
Oh ya. We give up last year's leader in points who is only due to be paid 3 mil next year for a UFA...... Think before you post.
Stuart also said he wants to be back in Cali where his family is so I'm pretty sure he'd resign.

Last edited by SnS: 01-28-2012 at 04:16 PM.
Marlo Stanfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2012, 04:13 PM
Sojourn
Global Moderator
Where's the kaboom?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightyquack View Post
We don't really need that help at the expense of Lubo. We have Beauch, Sbisa, Lydman and to a lesser extend Brookbank who can all do a good job of being a good defensive player on the blueline.

Sbisa is very much becoming a defensive d-man rather then an offensive d-man, if we're lucky he MIGHT become a 2-way player, but I don't think he will.
Indeed. Sbisa's had a nice little run offensively, but you have to give Lubo a lot of credit there. He's the real offensive presence on that pairing, with Sbisa benefiting from it. When it comes to creating offense, there is a lot to be desired from Sbisa. He's a pretty solid puck-mover(up to the opposing team's blue line, where he'll just dump it in), but an offensive presence he is not.

Visnovsky is too important a player in Anaheim right now. They can't afford to lose his puck-moving capabilities, or his shot from the blue line; not until Fowler develops some more, at any rate. I don't think his value on the market is greater than his impact in Anaheim. Moving Visnovsky would be a step backwards for the present, and only makes sense in a rebuild scenario.

Sojourn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2012, 04:26 PM
Exit Dose

Quote:
Stuart also said he wants to be back in Cali where his family is so I'm pretty sure he'd resign.
Then we'd wait for the summer. Lubo is our number 1. Get it out of your heads that we're just going to swap him with one of your guys because it's convenient to you. You will have to give us a very good reason to do so. Martin and Stuart are not that.

Exit Dose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2012, 04:27 PM
Selanne138

Quote:
Then its just a downgrade for us. If we want Stuart, we can sign him in July.

Selanne138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2012, 04:29 PM
Exit Dose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sojourn View Post
Indeed. Sbisa's had a nice little run offensively, but you have to give Lubo a lot of credit there. He's the real offensive presence on that pairing, with Sbisa benefiting from it. When it comes to creating offense, there is a lot to be desired from Sbisa. He's a pretty solid puck-mover(up to the opposing team's blue line, where he'll just dump it in), but an offensive presence he is not.

Visnovsky is too important a player in Anaheim right now. They can't afford to lose his puck-moving capabilities, or his shot from the blue line; not until Fowler develops some more, at any rate. I don't think his value on the market is greater than his impact in Anaheim. Moving Visnovsky would be a step backwards for the present, and only makes sense in a rebuild scenario.
I wouldn't use what people are saying here to reflect what Lubo's value on the market would be. Defensemen are scarce at the moment. His price will reflect that scarcity.

Old
01-28-2012, 04:38 PM
Gliff
Kesbae

Quote:

He is a similar player to Beauchemin. Except Beauchemin is more physical and blocks more shots. Yet paid 1.5 mil more. Dont get me wrong, I would love to have him but not at the expense of Vis who has extremely high value to the Ducks only getting paid 3 mil next year.

If you guys were looking to get rid of him due to cap issues or to make room in the top 4 then I would be all over it with picks/prospects. But thats not what this is.

Quote:
Then he can sign with us in the offseason and we can keep Vis for 3 mil a year. No need for us to downgrade while probably havign to pay Stuart more then Vis.

Old
01-28-2012, 04:43 PM
Sojourn
Global Moderator
Where's the kaboom?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exit Dose View Post
Then we'd wait for the summer. Lubo is our number 1. Get it out of your heads that we're just going to swap him with one of your guys because it's convenient to you. You will have to give us a very good reason to do so. Martin and Stuart are not that.
I really wouldn't call Lubo our #1. No PK time, he's 3rd in TOI(and 3rd in ES TOI), while being 1st in PP TOI. For all intents and purposes, he's playing on the 2nd pairing, behind Beauchemin and Fowler who both get more responsibility and ice time.

Old
01-28-2012, 04:46 PM
Exit Dose

Quote:
If you guys were looking to get rid of him due to cap issues or to make room in the top 4 then I would be all over it with picks/prospects.
Why even that? He's surplus to our needs, and it kills our ability to sign players this summer.

Old
01-28-2012, 04:52 PM
Exit Dose

Quote:
I really wouldn't call Lubo our #1. No PK time, he's 3rd in TOI(and 3rd in ES TOI), while being 1st in PP TOI. For all intents and purposes, he's playing on the 2nd pairing, behind Beauchemin and Fowler who both get more responsibility and ice time.
Top PMD, then, if you feel that's more accurate, though I don't think Fowler is going to hold onto the ice time he currently has.

Old
01-28-2012, 05:04 PM
Sojourn
Global Moderator
Where's the kaboom?

Quote:
Top PMD, then, if you feel that's more accurate, though I don't think Fowler is going to hold onto the ice time he currently has.
Remains to be seen, but Boudreau has been pretty consistent with it. He's not playing the 25-28 minutes he was under Carlyle, but he's still averaging 22-24 minutes per game. That's more than Visnovsky and Sbisa are getting.

Old
01-28-2012, 05:38 PM
Gliff
Kesbae

Quote:
Why even that? He's surplus to our needs, and it kills our ability to sign players this summer.
We will probably have around 18 mil in free salary next year (assuming the internal cap stays the same).

We are going to have 3 top 6 spots open assuming Teemu and Saku both do not return.

What 3 forwards are we going to sign that will take up 15 mil in salary? And that saves 3 mil for other forwards we need to resign/ a #6 guy.

If we could get Martin and dump Lydman (if he doesnt turn it around) that would leave us with the following next year:

Beauchemin-Fowler (4.4 mil)
Vis-Sbisa (5 mil)
Martin-anyone under 1 mil (6 mil)

and then the following year:

Beauchemin-Fowler
Martin-Sbisa

Vis is only gonna be around for 1 more year and where else would we get a top 4 defender for under 5 mil the way this team sucks and the way UFA has been the last 2 years?

Old
01-28-2012, 06:00 PM
Exit Dose

Quote:
Remains to be seen, but Boudreau has been pretty consistent with it. He's not playing the 25-28 minutes he was under Carlyle, but he's still averaging 22-24 minutes per game. That's more than Visnovsky and Sbisa are getting.
Are you omitting the games where both were not available from the sample?

Old
01-28-2012, 06:03 PM
Sojourn
Global Moderator
Where's the kaboom?

Quote:
Are you omitting the games where both were not available from the sample?
I'm looking at the last few weeks, Exit Dose, including the time under Boudreau.

Old
01-28-2012, 06:07 PM
Exit Dose

Quote:
We will probably have around 18 mil in free salary next year (assuming the internal cap stays the same).

We are going to have 3 top 6 spots open assuming Teemu and Saku both do not return.

What 3 forwards are we going to sign that will take up 15 mil in salary? And that saves 3 mil for other forwards we need to resign/ a #6 guy.

If we could get Martin and dump Lydman (if he doesnt turn it around) that would leave us with the following next year:

Beauchemin-Fowler (4.4 mil)
Vis-Sbisa (5 mil)
Martin-anyone under 1 mil (6 mil)

and then the following year:

Beauchemin-Fowler
Martin-Sbisa

Vis is only gonna be around for 1 more year and where else would we get a top 4 defender for under 5 mil the way this team sucks and the way UFA has been the last 2 years?
You have 6 million invested in the third pairing, what is the point of that? It makes more sense to flip Visnovsky if the money doesn't matter that much. Just because we may not need all 15 million for free agents doesn't change that we need to keep this team as flexible as possible with several players due for raises.

Old
01-28-2012, 06:10 PM
Sojourn
Global Moderator
Where's the kaboom?

Agreed. That's far too much to be spending on a 3rd pairing.

Old
01-28-2012, 06:13 PM
Exit Dose

Quote:
I'm looking at the last few weeks, Exit Dose, including the time under Boudreau.
I'll concede the point, then, though I suspect his time may be a reflection of Beauchemin more than it is Fowler earning that time.

Old
01-28-2012, 06:15 PM
Sojourn
Global Moderator
Where's the kaboom?

Quote:
I'll concede the point, then, though I suspect his time may be a reflection of Beauchemin more than it is Fowler earning that time.
I think some of the fans are exaggerating how badly they think Fowler has been lately.

Edit: Especially since Boudreau could just as easily change the D-pairings, or take time away from Fowler in other areas, such as the PP. Fowler and Beauchemin is the one thing that Boudreau hasn't touched, and I doubt it's just because of Beauchemin.