HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Why the hate on Leafs fans?

Closed Thread

Old
02-05-2012, 10:30 AM
kellmuff96

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by pepty View Post
Now this is enterataining.The educating of a Leafs fan.

Leafs were the higher seed 3 of 4 times.

Sens were the highest seed only once.

Check your facts.
Dude Im a Sens fan. Did you not note the obvious sarcasm?

Old
02-05-2012, 10:33 AM
pepty
Let's win it all

vCash: 395
Quote:
Originally Posted by kellmuff96 View Post
Dude Im a Sens fan. Did you not note the obvious sarcasm?
Yes I did miss it-sorry!

Old
02-05-2012, 10:57 AM
GK
Not Jeeks

vCash: 1000
I have never seen such a high concentration of arrogant leaf fans in my life. I took a shuttle ride home, and I'm 15 and this one guy behind me tried to start a "the kids a ******!" Chant to me because I had my jersey on. I also heard "alfie sucks dick" and many others. I don't hate leaf fans, but they certainly don't help themselves. It is never good when a grade 9 is more mature then a couple 30 year olds..

Also, during the "alfie sucks dick" chants, an older woman stood up and said "that is crude and ignorant" to which the leaf fans replied with a "the person who stood up sucks!" Chant. Another leaf fan stood up for the elderly lady and the leaf fans in the back said "if you're not going to join us, then take that jersey off". It was the worst thing I have ever seen. Its okay though, they are probably all alcoholics and will be in jail in few years, I'm sure.

Last edited by GK: 02-05-2012 at 11:03 AM.
Old
02-05-2012, 11:06 AM
tg12345*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nac Mac Feegle View Post
To be brutally honest, it's because, deep down, we KNOW we didn't deserve and NHL franchise in this city.

The fact that so many Sens "fans" would give up their tickets for Toronto home game, right when our team needs us the most, show that. Leaf fans take over the building because we allow it to happen. No true hockey city would ever do that.

It's shameful. I've never, ever, been more ashamed to be a Sens fan as I've been over the past week. Sadly, it has nothing to do with the product on the ice, either.
Yes, Buffalo does the same thing. Don't hate us because we have more money than you. Just be happy to make $100 when you sell us your tickets.

Old
02-05-2012, 11:16 AM
firstemperor

It's pretty unfair to generalize an entire fan base as has been done in this thread....I think that speaks for itself. I've had my fair share of bad experiences with Sen fans too, but generally, I realize they don't speak for or represent the majority.

Old
02-05-2012, 11:24 AM
GK
Not Jeeks

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstemperor View Post
It's pretty unfair to generalize an entire fan base as has been done in this thread....I think that speaks for itself. I've had my fair share of bad experiences with Sen fans too, but generally, I realize they don't speak for or represent the majority.
The majority of leaf fans I encountered last night were complete dicks. But I live in leaf country, and they are all fine their. I think because they are in Ottawa, they feel the need to show off, and most people who post here are from Ottawa, so they see the worst of it. My dad is a leaf fan, and he always says "the last time the leafs won the cup, I was in diapers, and the next they win it, I'll be in diapers again", but the leaf fans last night seemed pretty certain that there chances of winning the cup this year are 100%.

Old
02-05-2012, 11:26 AM
ShotDownCrosby

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstemperor View Post
I think it is hard when there are SO many jack ass leafs fans at Scotia bank place. Which isnt the same with other fan bases. I dont even find Habs fans as bad at Sens games. Not even close. Also it is much easier to generalize when there are so many leafs fans. More fans = more ****y fans = easier to generalize.

Old
02-05-2012, 11:40 AM
TootooTrain
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by GK View Post
I have never seen such a high concentration of arrogant leaf fans in my life. I took a shuttle ride home, and I'm 15 and this one guy behind me tried to start a "the kids a ******!" Chant to me because I had my jersey on. I also heard "alfie sucks dick" and many others. I don't hate leaf fans, but they certainly don't help themselves. It is never good when a grade 9 is more mature then a couple 30 year olds..

Also, during the "alfie sucks dick" chants, an older woman stood up and said "that is crude and ignorant" to which the leaf fans replied with a "the person who stood up sucks!" Chant. Another leaf fan stood up for the elderly lady and the leaf fans in the back said "if you're not going to join us, then take that jersey off". It was the worst thing I have ever seen. Its okay though, they are probably all alcoholics and will be in jail in few years, I'm sure.

Comeon, you sound like an 80 year old man. I don;t like those types of comments in public either. Leaf fans however have to put up with that constantly, and not just after a loss. So I suggest you grow some thick skin and brush it off instead of barking how much your but hurts.

Old
02-05-2012, 11:45 AM
GK
Not Jeeks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tootoo Train View Post

Comeon, you sound like an 80 year old man. I don;t like those types of comments in public either. Leaf fans however have to put up with that constantly, and not just after a loss. So I suggest you grow some thick skin and brush it off instead of barking how much your but hurts.
Bud, 15 leaf fans called me a ******.. It pissed me off. I'm sorry I'm respectful. I'll try to be a total ****** bag from now on.

Old
02-05-2012, 11:47 AM
Fugu
Administrator
HFBoards

There are good and bad fans in every fan base. We don't need entire threads disguised as legitimate discussions when the reality is they'll only lead to flamewars--- as evidenced by many of the comments herein.

Closed.

Closed Thread