HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Did the All-Star weekend soften the Boston 'rivalry' for you?

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-31-2012, 01:08 AM
  #1
Brozak
i scoreded a goal
 
Brozak's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Kitchener, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,464
vCash: 500
Did the All-Star weekend soften the Boston 'rivalry' for you?

Personally, it kind of did for me.

Seeing Chara, Seguin, and Thomas play along side Lupes, Kessel, and Phaneuf was pretty refreshing. Especially when Seguin set up Lupul for that pretty goal. Nice to see their personalities as well, and that Seguin said he was most excited to play with Kessel when he was being interviewed by the TSN panel.

As for Ottawa though, that rivalry still remains. Even more so. So glad that Thomas stoned Alfie for the trick... screw him, man. It was the All-Star weekend, not the Alfie weekend.

Also, I've always been a bit envious of the Habs because of Carey Price. This weekend didn't help, the kid is alright.

Brozak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2012, 01:10 AM
  #2
JMcLeaf
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
 
JMcLeaf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: ♫d(-_-)b♫
Country: Antarctica
Posts: 17,762
vCash: 402
As soon as we play them again it will be back in full force

JMcLeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2012, 01:14 AM
  #3
JAMmer124
Independent Living
 
JAMmer124's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Welland, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,412
vCash: 500
nah, cuz they'll just ass **** us again

JAMmer124 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2012, 01:16 AM
  #4
IBLeaf*
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Oakville, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,378
vCash: 500
Nope, hate Boston.

IBLeaf* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2012, 01:20 AM
  #5
number72
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 5,893
vCash: 500
I hate that my microphoned Hartnell and Price.
Just terrible idea - I was sure only leafs had sense of humour and character.

number72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2012, 01:44 AM
  #6
Hyperglide
Registered User
 
Hyperglide's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Ontario, Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,524
vCash: 500
As soon as the ASG was finished the rivalry is back on. It's time to get back down to the thick of things. No more friends in the regular season and playoffs baby!

Hyperglide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2012, 01:44 AM
  #7
FlareKnight
Registered User
 
FlareKnight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,758
vCash: 100
I'm pretty sure it'll be back in full force when they kill us in the next game . Certainly that line with Seguin was kind of funny, but it'll be back to business soon enough.

FlareKnight is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2012, 01:48 AM
  #8
BIitz
Gesamt Kunst Werk
 
BIitz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Yekaterinburg
Country: Russian Federation
Posts: 13,169
vCash: 50
Quote:
“I don’t think there’s any extra juice to Leaf games,” said goalie Tim Thomas, 37. “Every team is important. We haven’t overlooked them. It’s not the same type of rival Montreal is, or Vancouver, because we haven’t played a playoff series against them in so long.”

Bruins captain Zdeno Chara — 34, and a veteran of Bruins-Habs and Leafs-Senators playoff battles — said Leafs-Bruins doesn’t compare because they haven’t met in the playoffs since 1974.

“With teams you play more often, you can create some hatred,” said Chara. “We get up for the games (against the Leafs). Any conference games and divisional games, they’re always big.”
I'd say it's more of a fan rivalry.

BIitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2012, 01:49 AM
  #9
BertCorbeau
Moderator
 
BertCorbeau's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Calgary
Country: Canada
Posts: 19,303
vCash: 500
I actually think I hate Seguin more

BertCorbeau is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2012, 01:51 AM
  #10
vezna*
Canada's Team
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 8,666
vCash: 500
the whole rivalry schtick ended when they drafted dougie hamilton

vezna* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2012, 01:57 AM
  #11
HarrisonFord
Resident Leaf Homer
 
HarrisonFord's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,218
vCash: 500
I hate their fans more than their team.
I went from hating Tim Thomas, to liking him slightly more for not allowing stupid Alfredsson from getting a hat trick.
Will never be able to not hate Marchand though

HarrisonFord is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2012, 02:00 AM
  #12
IBLeaf*
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Oakville, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,378
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReimerForPM View Post
I hate their fans more than their team.
I went from hating Tim Thomas, to liking him slightly more for not allowing stupid Alfredsson from getting a hat trick.
Will never be able to not hate Marchand though
So many butt hurt Sens fans in the all-star game thread.

IBLeaf* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2012, 02:01 AM
  #13
30Rinks
Go To A Leafs Game @
 
30Rinks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 437
vCash: 500
For what it's worth, the "rivalry" is completely one sided. Literally every single Boston fan that I talked to when I was there Dec 3rd didn't hate the leafs at all - in fact most had the leafs as a team they semi liked (Original six, not Montreal/New York)

The rivalry is completely a Toronto thing - Boston fans don't care at all (they wanted us to lose for the picks, but doesn't matter now)

30Rinks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2012, 02:05 AM
  #14
Hanta Yo
Bag it up
 
Hanta Yo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,347
vCash: 500
You'll begin hating them more once they beat us down to a pulp in the next match.

Hanta Yo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2012, 02:05 AM
  #15
BIitz
Gesamt Kunst Werk
 
BIitz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Yekaterinburg
Country: Russian Federation
Posts: 13,169
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by 30Rinks View Post
For what it's worth, the "rivalry" is completely one sided. Literally every single Boston fan that I talked to when I was there Dec 3rd didn't hate the leafs at all - in fact most had the leafs as a team they semi liked (Original six, not Montreal/New York)

The rivalry is completely a Toronto thing - Boston fans don't care at all (they wanted us to lose for the picks, but doesn't matter now)
Hmm? I wouldn't say it's one sided. Plenty of Bruin fans hate the leafs. Just take a gander at their board one day.

Or, just find a poll with a leaf player vs someone and see who voted for who.

BIitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2012, 02:05 AM
  #16
Everlong
-
 
Everlong's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 28,027
vCash: 500
I might respect Chara, and Seguin a little bit more, but I still hate their guts when it comes to game time.

Everlong is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2012, 02:07 AM
  #17
BIitz
Gesamt Kunst Werk
 
BIitz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Yekaterinburg
Country: Russian Federation
Posts: 13,169
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tootoo Train View Post
I might respect Chara, and Seguin a little bit more, but I still hate their guts when it comes to game time.
You don't hate every teams guts come game time!?

BIitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2012, 02:12 AM
  #18
HarrisonFord
Resident Leaf Homer
 
HarrisonFord's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,218
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpallday View Post
So many butt hurt Sens fans in the all-star game thread.
I kept hearing "oh my god, Thomas is such a jerk. Why can't he just let Alfredsson have a hat trick" from the people sitting around me

HarrisonFord is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2012, 02:12 AM
  #19
30Rinks
Go To A Leafs Game @
 
30Rinks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 437
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BIitz View Post
Hmm? I wouldn't say it's one sided. Plenty of Bruin fans hate the leafs. Just take a gander at their board one day.

Or, just find a poll with a leaf player vs someone and see who voted for who.
I'll make a blanket statement and say that most bruins fans from Canada hate the Leafs in the same way that almost every non-leafs fan hates the leafs (for massive coverage, mass appeal, etc)

The Bruins fans in Boston a) laugh at Phil Kessel (as they think that Boston demo'ed that trade) and b) are far more concerned with Montreal & Vancouver (& NYR/Philly). Like 100 times time more. No joke, Toronto is probably 5th or 6th on their "rivalry" scale, probably below Pittsburgh as well (Savard).

By the way, hate to say this, but the ASG made me really like Carey Price. I hate myself. Oh god.

30Rinks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2012, 02:14 AM
  #20
Everlong
-
 
Everlong's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 28,027
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BIitz View Post
You don't hate every teams guts come game time!?
Where did I say only boston?

Everlong is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2012, 02:16 AM
  #21
BIitz
Gesamt Kunst Werk
 
BIitz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Yekaterinburg
Country: Russian Federation
Posts: 13,169
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by 30Rinks View Post
I'll make a blanket statement and say that most bruins fans from Canada hate the Leafs in the same way that almost every non-leafs fan hates the leafs (for massive coverage, mass appeal, etc)

The Bruins fans in Boston a) laugh at Phil Kessel (as they think that Boston demo'ed that trade) and b) are far more concerned with Montreal & Vancouver (& NYR/Philly). Like 100 times time more. No joke, Toronto is probably 5th or 6th on their "rivalry" scale, probably below Pittsburgh as well (Savard).

By the way, hate to say this, but the ASG made me really like Carey Price. I hate myself. Oh god.
I didn't know the Bruins were at the top of the list on the Leaf scale. This is what happens when you have a playoff team, you have rivalries. We would be 4th for them if it wasn't for Flyers and the Canucks, both rivalries from the playoffs. Also, I don't think the Rangers are more of a rival to fans than the Leafs, hahaha

I'd easily rank the Habs Sens and Wings ahead of the Bruins for me. That would put them at 4th for us. Like Vezina said, the rivalry was the trade, and it's over now.

BIitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2012, 02:21 AM
  #22
30Rinks
Go To A Leafs Game @
 
30Rinks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 437
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BIitz View Post
I didn't know the Bruins were at the top of the list on the Leaf scale. This is what happens when you have a playoff team, you have rivalries. We would be 4th for them if it wasn't for Flyers and the Canucks, both rivalries from the playoffs. Also, I don't think the Rangers are more of a rival to fans than the Leafs, hahaha

I'd easily rank the Habs Sens and Wings ahead of the Bruins for me. That would put them at 4th for us. Like Vezina said, the rivalry was the trade, and it's over now.
Habs Sens Buffalo is top three, no question (IMO). Detroit from before, but obviously that has cooled significantly.

As for Boston / NYR, that's a product of Boston / New York Hate. Those cities absolutely hate everything about each other in all aspects of sports, headed by yankees/redsox, fueled by pats/giants and carried on into bruins/nyr

30Rinks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2012, 02:26 AM
  #23
IBLeaf*
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Oakville, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,378
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 30Rinks View Post
Habs Sens Buffalo is top three, no question (IMO). Detroit from before, but obviously that has cooled significantly.

As for Boston / NYR, that's a product of Boston / New York Hate. Those cities absolutely hate everything about each other in all aspects of sports, headed by yankees/redsox, fueled by pats/giants and carried on into bruins/nyr
Buffalo? wtf?

IBLeaf* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2012, 02:36 AM
  #24
30Rinks
Go To A Leafs Game @
 
30Rinks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 437
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpallday View Post
Buffalo? wtf?
Have you ever been to a Buffalo / Leafs game?

It's the most intense fan war I've ever been to. The arena is actually 50/50, and they are very vocal/knowledgable fans. Their domination prior to this season added to it as well.

Just my opinion as I said, but I really don't see boston or detroit being a bigger rival (I wasn't a huge hockey fan pre 2000's so I didn't get a ton of the western conference rivalry)

30Rinks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2012, 02:38 AM
  #25
BIitz
Gesamt Kunst Werk
 
BIitz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Yekaterinburg
Country: Russian Federation
Posts: 13,169
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tootoo Train View Post
Where did I say only boston?
My bad haha

<3

BIitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:29 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2015 All Rights Reserved.