HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Radulov to Return to NHL This Summer?

Old
01-31-2012, 12:46 AM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

vCash: 500
Radulov to Return to NHL This Summer?

http://twitter.com/#!/AlexSerenRosso
Quote:
Radulov's agent: we have an agreement with Salavat according to which Alexander can get back to the #NHL this summer

Ziggy Stardust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2012, 12:47 AM
Huntershin Karuk
Horvat is Horfat

Hope so. The Preds need someone of his caliber. But would they welcome him back?

If he went UFA, every team would put in an offer.

Huntershin Karuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2012, 12:50 AM
Royal Canuck
#Shinkaruk4Calder

vCash: 50
Doubt it. If he does come back he will ask for a ridiculous amount of money. or might pick him up since they have the cap space.

Royal Canuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2012, 12:54 AM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

If what his agent is claiming is true that a release has been agreed upon, then I would think that the possibility of Radulov returning to the NHL is very strong. At least that appears to be his intention, but it remains to be seen. Every summer this rumor appears to resurface but Radulov ends up staying in the KHL.

If Suter walks as a free agent, I imagine Nashville trying to re-sign Weber to a long-term extension this summer and locking up Radulov as well and signing Matt Carle (who is no Suter by any means) to eat up top four minutes, leaving the option open for Blum or Ellis to move up the ranks.

Old
01-31-2012, 12:54 AM
Congo Jack
Hello M'Lady

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSwede21 View Post
Doubt it. If he does come back he will ask for a ridiculous amount of money. or might pick him up since they have the cap space.
Isn't CBJ really close to the salary cap max?

Congo Jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2012, 12:55 AM
Crisp Breakout

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverAv View Post
If they don't re-sign their UFAs, deal Carter, and take care of Mason some how, they'll have the cap space for it and then some.

Crisp Breakout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2012, 12:56 AM
Royal Canuck
#Shinkaruk4Calder

Quote:
I don't believe so. I guess other small market teams like and could also pick him up. Like I said if he asks for a reasonable salary more teams will jump in. I always saw him in a Red Wings jersey.

Royal Canuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2012, 01:03 AM
Frozenice
the random dude

Montreal has just enough cap space because as Gauthier says, if we need to create cap space we will.

Frozenice is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2012, 01:09 AM
Broom of the System

This has been talked about hundreds of times. Everyone talking about possible teams to sign him are missing one very important part of the equation: RADULOV IS STILL UNDER CONTRACT WITH NASHVILLE.

That is all.

edit: As such, why is this in the Trade Rumors/Free Agent section? He is neither a free agent, nor has his name been mentioned in a trade.

Last edited by Broom of the System: 01-31-2012 at 01:19 AM.
Broom of the System is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2012, 01:10 AM
belair

They'd better stay away from the Russians but he'd look alright skating next to Grigorenko or Yakupov in Edmonton.

belair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2012, 01:13 AM
punk_o_holic

Quote:
They have Prospal,Huselius,Pahlsson, Martinek, and Mackenzie as UFA's. That's like $12 million give or take opened up. Yes, they would need to fill in the lost roster space but they would still have a decent amount of money left over. Now do I think Howson should use that on Radulov? No he should use it on a defensemen first. Possibly a goalie as well. I wouldn't complain if he ended up going after him though but with Zherdev and Filatov not working out, do they want another Russian that has question marks surrounding him(when I say question marks, I mean a player who may go back to Russia, not question marks regarding his talents)? Then again a Russian duel of Radulov -? -Yakupov or a Radulov-Grigorenko-Nash combo could be deadly.

punk_o_holic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2012, 01:20 AM
NeilYoung

Quote:
Originally Posted by superswede21 View Post
i don't believe so. I guess other small market teams like and could also pick him up. Like i said if he asks for a reasonable salary more teams will jump in. I always saw him in a red wings jersey.
he still has a year left on his contract with nashville that he has to play out

NeilYoung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2012, 01:22 AM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broom of the System View Post
This has been talked about hundreds of times. Everyone talking about possible teams to sign him are missing one very important part of the equation: RADULOV IS STILL UNDER CONTRACT WITH NASHVILLE.

That is all.

edit: As such, why is this in the Trade Rumors/Free Agent section? He is neither a free agent, nor has his name been mentioned in a trade.
Getting Radulov back is almost like adding a new free agent winger to Nashville. Not only that, but it is a player transfer from one team (in the KHL) to another.

Old
01-31-2012, 01:32 AM
Paranoid Android
ERMAHGERD

Hmm, that tweet is somewhat vague. We already knew that Radulov had an out-clause in his KHL contract. Is this just confirming that? Or is this saying Radulov has chosen to enact that clause and is coming back?

Paranoid Android is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2012, 01:38 AM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

Sounds like they plan on using that out clause as the agent says an agreement has been reached with his KHL team. He's prepping for an NHL return.

Old
01-31-2012, 01:56 AM
punk_o_holic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broom of the System View Post

That is all.

What's his cap hit?

Would this make things difficult to re sign Suter? I am not sure if the Preds have a team budget or not. Or would it help out because they added 1 more key piece to the team?

Old
01-31-2012, 02:23 AM
dredeye
BJ Elitist/Hipster

isnt this said every year

dredeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2012, 02:24 AM
kypredsfan
Weber is OUR captain

i CAN NOT believe this is being brought up AGAIN. Everyone, I thought, knows that Radulov has this clause in his contract. It's been brought up every 3-4 weeks for the past few months. He is under Nashville's control for 1 more year at under 1 million dollars. No one can pick him up. He is Preds' property.

kypredsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2012, 02:25 AM
I Will Son
An Army of One

this again?

I Will Son is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2012, 02:26 AM
Duchene2MacKinnon
BELIEVE

vCash: 250
Quote:
Originally Posted by punk_o_holic View Post
What's his cap hit?

Would this make things difficult to re sign Suter? I am not sure if the Preds have a team budget or not. Or would it help out because they added 1 more key piece to the team?
Pretty sure he has to play out entry level contract. This will only help in the resigning of Weber and Suter. This is great news for Nashville fans and the rest of the NHL.

Duchene2MacKinnon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2012, 02:31 AM
punk_o_holic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duchene2Mueller View Post
Pretty sure he has to play out entry level contract. This will only help in the resigning of Weber and Suter. This is great news for Nashville fans and the rest of the NHL.
Ok, I wasn't sure if he was still on his entry level contract or not. But since he is, yes, he has to play it out. He would have to suck it up and not make much money in the NHL until his contract expires. Yup, this only helps the Preds become better and another reason why Suter should stay.

Old
01-31-2012, 02:33 AM
Honour Over Glory

Isn't this something that's been said before? I'll wait until I see him playing in the NHL again rather than "*fingers crossed* this time he is coming back!!"

Honour Over Glory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2012, 02:36 AM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

Quote:
Originally Posted by kypredsfan View Post
i CAN NOT believe this is being brought up AGAIN. Everyone, I thought, knows that Radulov has this clause in his contract. It's been brought up every 3-4 weeks for the past few months. He is under Nashville's control for 1 more year at under 1 million dollars. No one can pick him up. He is Preds' property.
It's being brought up because his agent is saying that they have reached an agreement to the terms of his release to the NHL. The news is that he is finally enacting his out-clause after being gone from his NHL club for four seasons.

Old
01-31-2012, 02:49 AM
BBKers

Send a message via Skype™ to BBKers
Back to the Trade thread then. What would Nashville want for the rights to Radulov from the Rangers. Realistically???

BBKers is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2012, 02:50 AM
DesertDawg

1 more year on his ELC to honor, than he turns 27 on July 5th of next year. Maybe he will return, just to be able to be a UFA after next season...

DesertDawg is online now   Reply With Quote