HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Radulov to Return to NHL This Summer?

Old
01-31-2012, 04:04 AM
htpwn

vCash: 500
Just speculation on my part, but if the Nordiques do return this off-season, maybe Radulov asks for a trade?

htpwn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2012, 04:12 AM
Kshahdoo

If he gets back to Preds and then lockout will happen, will he be free after the season even if there won't be any season?

Kshahdoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2012, 06:16 AM
BLBarmada

A friend of mine who does pro scouting has said that all Radulov has done is get worse because he's played in a league that he's too good for.

I don't know what that means, but he said the longer he stays the worse he will be.

I take it that he's lost 4 years of development, the most important. Add in that he needs to readjust to our game, there's a good chance he only becomes a 30 goal guy.

BLBarmada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2012, 06:43 AM
AtlantaWhaler
Thrash/Preds/Sabres

Quote:
Originally Posted by htpwn View Post
Just speculation on my part, but if the Nordiques do return this off-season, maybe Radulov asks for a trade?
That's random. Curiosity wins. Why is this?

AtlantaWhaler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2012, 07:02 AM
threeGo

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLBarmada View Post
A friend of mine who does pro scouting has said that all Radulov has done is get worse because he's played in a league that he's too good for.

I don't know what that means, but he said the longer he stays the worse he will be.

I take it that he's lost 4 years of development, the most important. Add in that he needs to readjust to our game, there's a good chance he only becomes a 30 goal guy.
30 goals is not a bad thing. It's not anyone expected him to be anything more than that.

threeGo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2012, 07:59 AM
Alklha

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLBarmada View Post

I'll assume that you have misunderstood what your friend said. Radulov is a better player now than when he left the NHL, there is absolutely no doubt about that.

Has he progressed as much in the KHL than he would have in the NHL? Probably not, but that does not mean it is 4 years of "lost development" or that he is a worse player now than 4 years ago.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtlantaWhaler View Post
Wishful thinking, because Radulov played his junior hockey in Quebec and enjoyed it.

Alklha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2012, 08:03 AM
htpwn

Quote:
Radulov played his junior hockey with the Quebec Remparts of the QMJHL and by all accounts, loved the city and fans.

If, and keep in mind I acknowledged this is pure speculation, Radulov has no interest in playing with the Nashville organization, he may look to somewhere familiar.

htpwn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2012, 08:10 AM
RaiderDoug

We hear this every 6 months or so. Some vague tweet, some strange Russian article or some wierd youtube video.

Whatever.

I've gotten to the point that unless i see him on the ice for the Preds, i'm not buying it.

RaiderDoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2012, 08:11 AM
bleedblue1223
OMAHA!!!

vCash: 50
He got worse in a sense that he probably played down to his competition. I'm sure there were times when he got bored, where as if he was in the NHL, he would've been constantly driven and motivated because of the talent level in the NHL. In the NHL, he wouldn't have been able to rely on his talent, like he can in the KHL.

Just look at what happened to Hudler last season. Radulov's first season back will be a major disappointment IMO.

bleedblue1223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2012, 08:15 AM
SnapVirus

Its nice Radulov will come back for one year in Predz uniform, then he'll leave those in a hurry next summer to join a real hockey team

SnapVirus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2012, 08:22 AM
ilovetheflyers8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy Stardust View Post
If what his agent is claiming is true that a release has been agreed upon, then I would think that the possibility of Radulov returning to the NHL is very strong. At least that appears to be his intention, but it remains to be seen. Every summer this rumor appears to resurface but Radulov ends up staying in the KHL.

If Suter walks as a free agent, I imagine Nashville trying to re-sign Weber to a long-term extension this summer and locking up Radulov as well and signing Matt Carle (who is no Suter by any means) to eat up top four minutes, leaving the option open for Blum or Ellis to move up the ranks.
I think his agent is saying he has a clause agreed upon allowing him to return to North America if he wants to, not that he has told his team he will try to return to the NHL.

ilovetheflyers8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2012, 08:25 AM
sparxx87

Never heard this before, he must really be coming now!

sparxx87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2012, 08:44 AM
Bonesy99

The only flaw to Radulov's logic over the course of the past few years has been his desire about the money. He kept holding out on coming to the NHL so he could get that raise, and "get what he is worth". However, if he had played over the course of the past few seasons he would easily be in the 5 + million dollar range.

One hell of a hockey player, and will make ANY team better that he plays for. Hopefully he stays this time, I really see Washington, Pittsburgh, or Detroit as sought after destinations for him. Top tier russian connections play the biggest factor.

He will produce at the NHL level, sucks ass for preds fans as he could be the game breaker they need to get through the second round this year.

Bonesy99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2012, 08:51 AM
TOGuy14

Radulov is still under contract to Nashville on his ELC I believe.

Given the amount of time they spent waiting for him I believe they are full intending to make him play that time out for the minimal money he is owed and will not renegotiate unless they get a good deal to lock him up for multiple years

TOGuy14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2012, 08:51 AM
wedge

if he decided to come back NOW, what would happen? Would he have to go through waivers?

wedge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2012, 08:53 AM
PensFan101
Forever Champions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wedge View Post
if he decided to come back NOW, what would happen? Would he have to go through waivers?
He's under contract to Nashville, so he's there no matter what.

PensFan101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2012, 08:55 AM
wedge

Quote:
Originally Posted by PensFan101 View Post
He's under contract to Nashville, so he's there no matter what.
I know. What I mean is: let's say the preds and radulov agree to something like "come back with us, finish the year to complete your ELC and we'll sign you to a much better deal for next year". First, is it possible and second, would he have to pass through waivers since he players in another league this year? I don't know what would happen since Radulov already has a contract.

or if his rights are traded to another team and he wants to join them now. Would he have to pass through waivers. That's what I would like to know.

wedge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2012, 08:58 AM
IHWR
The Chiropractor

Quote:
Originally Posted by wedge View Post
I know. What I mean is: let's say the preds and radulov agree to something like "come back with us, finish the year to complete your ELC and we'll sign you to a much better deal for next year". First, is it possible and second, would he have to pass through waivers since he players in another league this year? I don't know what would happen since Radulov already has a contract.

or if his rights are traded to another team and he wants to join them now. Would he have to pass through waivers. That's what I would like to know.
He's exempt from waivers since he has an existing contract as opposed to signing a new one.

IHWR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2012, 08:59 AM
Drake1588
UNATCO

Why is it so hard for people to remember that Radulov is under contract for another year? He is Nashville property right now. He has a current, valid contract that the NHL tolled, and when he returns, Nashville has him under contract for a very low base salary (capped under the entry-level system) plus bonuses that won't add up to any higher than $4M.

There is no Radulov to UFA, no trade frenzy, no waivers. He is under contract, not a player whose rights are owned by a NHL club. There is no need to negotiate a contract when he returns. If they can get a top offensive player for a bargain, Nashville management is not going to let the past be a hindrance. Their fans won't care about the past either if he starts scoring. Why on Earth would Nashville trade his rights? No reason whatsoever.

Where they were hurt is that by spending some of those prime RFA years in Russia, years of his career in which they would have owned his RFA rights are reduced. He still has UFA at age 27 on the horizon, like every other NHL player. For now, though, the Predators get a top player for a low salary/cap hit for one year. That is true no matter when he returns.

Drake1588 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2012, 09:03 AM
Dr Danglefest
Vindication

I've never understood why anyone outside oh nashville cares if he comes back. He wasn't even that good I mean hes your basic garden variety Russian forward. Fast, good hands selfish with puck flight risk somewhat soft. Don't get me wrong he's talented and fits nashvilles needs to a tee but the obsession with him returning each year only for him to inevitably stay in Russia is silly

Dr Danglefest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2012, 09:11 AM
ORYX

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnapVirus View Post
Its nice Radulov will come back for one year in Predz uniform, then he'll leave those in a hurry next summer to join a real hockey team

Yea....like montreal right?

I'm not even a Preds fan and I read this as pure stupidity. The Nashville Franchise is set up for future success much much better then Montreal is...and then you factor in that they actually have a coach and a GM and well, the rest is history.....

ORYX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2012, 09:11 AM
pekkaslap

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Danglefest View Post
I've never understood why anyone outside oh nashville cares if he comes back. He wasn't even that good I mean hes your basic garden variety Russian forward. Fast, good hands selfish with puck flight risk somewhat soft. Don't get me wrong he's talented and fits nashvilles needs to a tee but the obsession with him returning each year only for him to inevitably stay in Russia is silly
If we (Nashville) can keep the core intact and get Radulov back, he might be all we need to push us to the cup contender level. We're very close as it stand right now.

pekkaslap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2012, 09:55 AM
rt
Usually Incorrect

At Deadline:

To VAN:
Doan

To PHX:
'12 1st

At Draft:

To NSH:
VAN 1st

To QC:
Radulov

01-31-2012, 09:58 AM
kypredsfan
Weber is OUR captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by rt View Post
At Deadline:

To VAN:
Doan

To PHX:
'12 1st

At Draft:

To NSH:
VAN 1st

To QC:
Radulov
NO, will not trade radulov at all. Sorry. He is not on the block.

kypredsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2012, 10:00 AM
rt
Usually Incorrect

Quote:
Look what he did there in his season under Roy. Also, check out YouTube and see the relationship he had with the fans there. He was a hero and absolutely relished the role.

rt is offline   Reply With Quote