Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

What could we get at the deadline?

Old
01-31-2012, 05:40 AM
ImNotPoorImPoirier

vCash: 50

I was looking at capgeek and it looks like the Flames have about 5.2 million under the cap by the deadline who can we get to make this push for the playoffs. One player i would love to see would be Tuomo Ruutu to start

ImNotPoorImPoirier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2012, 07:58 AM
Snoil11

vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to Snoil11 Send a message via Yahoo to Snoil11
Edited the thread title.

Snoil11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2012, 09:01 AM
DBU
Never Quit

vCash: 464
I don't want the Flames to be trading any picks for rental players. A few years ago, I would have been all over bringing Ruutu in. Now, not so much. We should be keeping our picks/prospects.

DBU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2012, 09:58 AM
getoverit

The next 10 games will tell us if we even have a chance at making the playoffs............... we need to be sellers, grab some of those draft picks we have given up and continue the youth movement. we have quite a few UFA's we need to unload for something...................... any major deals should be done in the off season IMO vs over paying

getoverit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2012, 10:02 AM
Stewie Griffin
( ͡ ͜ʖ ͡)

vCash: 13000
What can the Flames get?

A couple of 3rd/4th round draft picks when they trade Moss et. al.

Stewie Griffin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2012, 10:13 AM
TheGaudfather
#Unsustainable

Quote:
Originally Posted by getoverit View Post
The next 10 games will tell us if we even have a chance at making the playoffs............... we need to be sellers, grab some of those draft picks we have given up and continue the youth movement. we have quite a few UFA's we need to unload for something...................... any major deals should be done in the off season IMO vs over paying
This. Simply wait and see how the Flames do. In all situations either being sellers or buyers, I don't want picks, Beartschi, Irving gone or older players coming back.

Other players I would hate to see go: Gio, Smith, Backlund.

Players I would like out: Jbow, Jokinen (I love his play this year, but he could fetch us good return),Sarich (solid D but high return at deadline), Moss, Stajan.

TheGaudfather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2012, 11:28 AM
TheHudlinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DieselCGY View Post
This. Simply wait and see how the Flames do. In all situations either being sellers or buyers, I don't want picks, Beartschi, Irving gone or older players coming back.

Other players I would hate to see go: Gio, Smith, Backlund.

Players I would like out: Jbow, Jokinen (I love his play this year, but he could fetch us good return),Sarich (solid D but high return at deadline), Moss, Stajan.
You want to push for the playoffs but move our number one defense men? Even if we lose the next 10 games Jbow doesn't have the value to contending teams that he does to us.

TheHudlinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2012, 11:34 AM
Bobs your uncle

Herpes ...?

Bobs your uncle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2012, 12:03 PM
King In The North
Sean Bennett

Regardless of how we do I'm holding Feaster to it that he gets some damn draft picks back.

King In The North is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2012, 12:17 PM
Xelstyle

Quote:
Originally Posted by GLaDOS View Post
Regardless of how we do I'm holding Feaster to it that he gets some damn draft picks back.
This.

Xelstyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2012, 01:51 PM
Johnny Hoxville
Dust Buster

vCash: 2403
I know I seem to be in the minority here but I do not think the Flames should trade Hannan. I have him ranked currently as the Flames #3 dman (#4 for sure) and I do not think trading our #3 dman for a late 2nd round draft pick (likely the 45th - 60th pick overall in next years draft) is a wise move for a team trying to secure a playoff berth. I doubt Feaster will move him anyways unless someone really desperate comes along and makes an offer he can't say no to, like offering a really good prospect.

Hannan is more valuable to this team in trying to make the playoffs. Even though I like Babchuk, I would be ok with the Flames moving him or Sarich, or both players for that matter for draft picks. I think Babchuk would easily bring in a 2nd round pick as well.

Johnny Hoxville is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2012, 01:59 PM
YMCMBYOLO
Flames Six Show ****

vCash: 879
I'd like to see Moss traded, for a 3rd or 4th round draft pick for this years draft.

And agree with MVW, I'd rather like to see Babchuck traded than Sarich or Hannan. Hannan and Sarich are more valuable to us in the playoffs. Babchuck could also fetch us a draft pick or two.

YMCMBYOLO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2012, 02:02 PM
Signature
Kings of the Rebuild

Why do you have Hannan over Butler as the Flames' 3#?

Signature is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2012, 02:23 PM
TheGaudfather
#Unsustainable

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGleninator View Post
You want to push for the playoffs but move our number one defense men? Even if we lose the next 10 games Jbow doesn't have the value to contending teams that he does to us.
I have Jbow behind Giordano, Brodie and Smith. All he does is play 30 minutes of soft hockey. He skates fast and is a big guy but never hits. Its easy to be NHL iron man when you have half a hit a game. This is just my opinion but he is very overrated on the Flames boards. His ice minutes could easily be spread amongst the players I mentioned. We also have Sarich, Hannan and Babchuk.

Gio-Brodie-Smith-Hannan have played better then him this season.

Old
01-31-2012, 02:28 PM
YMCMBYOLO
Flames Six Show ****

vCash: 879
Quote:

I thought this was Boumeester's best season as Flames.

YMCMBYOLO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2012, 02:36 PM
Johnny Hoxville
Dust Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot Conroy View Post
Why do you have Hannan over Butler as the Flames' 3#?
Hannan has quietly gone about his business this year and been "extremely" solid for the Flames. Some games you rarely notice him and thats because he makes a very small amount of mistakes. Butler has more upside over Hannan at this point in their careers and is a much better skater, but Hannan hasn't made nearly as many mistakes as Butler this year and has been much better overall.

For record I'm not bashing Butler, I think he has been pretty good most of the time this year. I am just stating that Hannan has been alot more consistent in his role.

Old
01-31-2012, 02:41 PM
Hand of Gaudreau
Gaudreaubey Baker

Quote:
I have Jbow behind Giordano, Brodie and Smith. All he does is play 30 minutes of soft hockey. He skates fast and is a big guy but never hits. Its easy to be NHL iron man when you have half a hit a game. This is just my opinion but he is very overrated on the Flames boards. His ice minutes could easily be spread amongst the players I mentioned. We also have Sarich, Hannan and Babchuk.

If your basing his game on how he doesn't hit, I don't think you understand the defensive side of hockey. With that logic, Lidstrom is one of the worst defenceman ever to play the game. JBo imo at least whatever thats worth is one of the best shut down defenceman in the league with an incredibly under utilized offensive skill set. Our team would be shattered without him back there. He plays against everyone's top line and never looks out of place. You can say he doesn't deserve his 6.8mil but to put him 4th on the depth chart is absurd.

Hand of Gaudreau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2012, 02:46 PM
Johnny Hoxville
Dust Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flamesrule View Post
I thought this was Boumeester's best season as Flames.
It has been without a doubt his best season as a Flame. I love Gio, but Bouw has been better than him this season.

Old
01-31-2012, 02:51 PM
TheGaudfather
#Unsustainable

Quote:
Originally Posted by IggyTheKid View Post
If your basing his game on how he doesn't hit, I don't think you understand the defensive side of hockey. With that logic, Lidstrom is one of the worst defenceman ever to play the game. JBo imo at least whatever thats worth is one of the best shut down defenceman in the league with an incredibly under utilized offensive skill set. Our team would be shattered without him back there. He plays against everyone's top line and never looks out of place. You can say he doesn't deserve his 6.8mil but to put him 4th on the depth chart is absurd.
I completely disagree, especially for his price tag. For all the times he is on the ice he often is out of place and not even close to a forward. Don't get me wrong his potential is high especially if he played like he did with the Panthers, hence why we got him. His offensive output is just disappointing.

As for comparing him to Lidstrom, Nik shoots the damn puck. Jbouw rarely shoots.

Old
01-31-2012, 02:52 PM
Northern Heat

Quote:
Originally Posted by IggyTheKid View Post
If your basing his game on how he doesn't hit, I don't think you understand the defensive side of hockey. With that logic, Lidstrom is one of the worst defenceman ever to play the game.
This.

Part of what makes JBo so good is that he covers his man and takes away the passing lanes to that man. He seldom hits because hitting is used to take your man off the puck. JBo is a positional player and has good gap control. He rarely puts himself into a scenario where he has to hit.

Northern Heat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2012, 03:11 PM
Hand of Gaudreau
Gaudreaubey Baker

Quote:
I completely disagree, especially for his price tag. For all the times he is on the ice he often is out of place and not even close to a forward. Don't get me wrong his potential is high especially if he played like he did with the Panthers, hence why we got him. His offensive output is just disappointing.

As for comparing him to Lidstrom, Nik shoots the damn puck. Jbouw rarely shoots.
I didn't compare him to Lidstrom, I referenced Lidstrom as a point, also they play a VERY similar defensive game.

As far as JBo shooting he isn't the shooter on the PP, when your told to get the puck to Cammo, Iginla, or Gio, then you do it. That why I said he is under utilized offensively.

Hand of Gaudreau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2012, 03:17 PM
Stewie Griffin
( ͡ ͜ʖ ͡)

vCash: 13000
Quote:

So it's based on salary then?

By your (flawed) logic, Dion Phaneuf is a God. He shoots a lot and hits a lot, and makes less money, so he must be awesome.

Stewie Griffin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2012, 03:26 PM
The Gnome

Bouwmeester has done a good job this year and is arguably our best dman. That said I would move him for a solid top 4 defender with shutdown capabilties and some futures. He makes too much money and is not my type of player at all.

Edit: If we could get another top 4 shutdwon defender that could play just over 20min/game then we'd be just fine without Jbo IMO. I think his shutdown capabilities are overblown on this site, he's pretty good, but not something that isn't replacable.

Last edited by The Gnome: 01-31-2012 at 03:39 PM.
The Gnome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2012, 03:36 PM
Northern Heat

Bouwmeester is certainly an important figure, but he also isn't untouchable by any means in my opinion.

Northern Heat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2012, 03:40 PM
TheHudlinator

Quote:

These 3 have been better than expected this year but that doesn't mean they have been the best. I think you have been blinded by your Jbow hate. He plays 30 mins against other teams top lines, he may not be physical but he is one the best at stick checking and keeping the opponent to the outside. If you honestly believe that Gio is better than Jbow I would love for you to be able to see him play 30 min against teams top lines, he is on the second line because he has gets caught up trying to land a big hit and this leaves himself out of position. In no way could Smith or Brodie take on the number 1 roll.

TheHudlinator is offline   Reply With Quote