HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Canucks - Leafs

Old
01-31-2012, 04:27 AM
19canuck90

vCash: 500
Canucks - Leafs

To Vancouver:
Cody Franson
Joey Crabb

To Toronto:
Mason Raymond
Van 3rd 2012
Van 2nd 2013

Im a Canucks fan born and raised in Toronto so i see the Leafs play quite a bit.

I feel Crabb would be an amazing fit on the Canucks 4th line and hes affordable and UFA at the end of the year.

Franson is a RHS D who even though he had a rough start with Toronto has really turned his game around and is looking to have very high end potential. Cheap this year and RFA at the end of the year.

From a Leafs perspective i know Raymond isn't exatly the winger they are looking for as they are looking for size but Raymond adds another speedy element to an already fast Leafs attack and i think his style would fit right in in Toronto.

I also know Leaf fans are really high on Franson right now and picks arent ideal with where the Leafs are in the standings but they do upgrade their forward group in this deal and their D is still more then good enough it probably wouldn't miss a beat.

Just the starting idea of a deal can be reshaped. Just curious to see what people think.

Edit: Took out the first apparently i majorly overestimated how Leaf fans value Franson which is odd because hes gotten a lot of talk lately...

Last edited by 19canuck90: 01-31-2012 at 05:36 AM.
19canuck90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2012, 04:31 AM
IcedCapp
IcedCapp The White

Obviously I don't know what goes on in Burkies head, but I think if Franson is going to be shipped out, it will be as part of a package for a surefire top-6 forward (likely with size, not that it matters).

Also, while Crabb is probably just a throw in to many, he's provided some secondary scoring and timely goals, would rather not part ways with him just yet, unless, as I said, a definite upgrade was coming back.

IcedCapp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2012, 04:33 AM
Bgav
We Stylin'

vCash: 1752
hell ****ing no

Bgav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2012, 04:33 AM
Alberta_OReilly_Fan
Bruin fan since 1975

Quote:
Originally Posted by 19canuck90 View Post
To Vancouver:
Joey Crabb
Cody Franson

To Toronto:
Mason Raymond
Van 1st 2012
NYI 3rd 2012
Van 2nd 2013

Im a Canucks fan born and raised in Toronto so i see the Leafs play quite a bit.

I feel Crabb would be an amazing fit on the Canucks 4th line and hes affordable and UFA at the end of the year.

Franson is a RHS D who even though he had a rough start with Toronto has really turned his game around and is looking to have very high end potential. Cheap this year and RFA at the end of the year.

From a Leafs perspective i know Raymond isn't exatly the winger they are looking for as they are looking for size but Raymond adds another speedy element to an already fast Leafs attack and i think his style would fit right in in Toronto.

I also know Leaf fans are really high on Franson right now and picks arent ideal with where the Leafs are in the standings but they do upgrade their forward group in this deal and their D is still more then good enough it probably wouldn't miss a beat.

From a Canucks perspective i would be willing to maybe have a prospect in the deal instead of some picks or some variation of the sort. But I was having trouble hammering out the details since i don't know if Jensen or Schroeder are what the Leafs are looking for forwards wise and they also don't need young Dmen so i put a combination of picks.

Just the starting idea of a deal can be reshaped. Just curious to see what people think.
i absolutely cant believe you are a canucks fan... but i guess i have to take your word for it. im pretty sure if you were the canucks gm and made this offer to burke that youd have yourself a deal.

so great proposal as far as giving up value to get the names you want back.

Alberta_OReilly_Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2012, 04:39 AM
LickTheEnvelope
6th Overall Blows

Trololol

LickTheEnvelope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2012, 04:41 AM
Gunner Stahl

Gillis laughs and hangs up.

Franson and Raymond have similar value, maybe Van throws in the NYI 3rd (this is the only thing that could work here)

So then your left with trading a Vancouver 1st (2012) and 2nd (2013) for joey crabb

Since when are 4th liners worth a first, let alone a second on top of that

Gunner Stahl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2012, 04:44 AM
Kip96

I liked the other Van-TO thread better. It was great until people started to take the Canuck star players for Maple Leafs scrubs seriously

Kip96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2012, 04:44 AM
19canuck90

Quote:
Originally Posted by LickTheEnvelope View Post
Trololol
Really how am i trolling... This is a way better deal then most i see on here. We need a 4th line player...Crabb is perfect.

We need a RHS D who can play in the top 4....Franson. Added benefit of him being young.

The main point is Crabb and Franson to Vancouver i was trying to make a fair deal as opposed to offering nothign and getting flamed by the opposing fanbase. I just want to see what both sides can come to terms with with something AROUND this.

Old
01-31-2012, 04:46 AM
Kip96

No idea who Joey Crabb is but if he's a Leafs 4th liner I'll gladly give up 2 first rounders and a second

Kip96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2012, 04:48 AM
19canuck90

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kip96 View Post
No idea who Joey Crabb is but if he's a Leafs 4th liner I'll gladly give up 2 first rounders and a second
#1 Joey Crabb would be perfect for the nucks 4th line.

#2 where does it say 2 first rounders

Old
01-31-2012, 04:56 AM
Leafs Win The Cup

canucks need to add!

Leafs Win The Cup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2012, 04:59 AM
Breakaway

If Burke got offered this and didn't say yes... He might as well just give up

Breakaway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2012, 05:02 AM
19canuck90

The point is Crabb and Franson to VAN for something around Raymond...

Old
01-31-2012, 05:10 AM
Reverend Mayhem
Freeway's closed man

vCash: 940
Send a message via Skype™ to Reverend Mayhem
No. We either package a group of players together to get a very good difference maker or burn draft picks on under the radar guys.

Reverend Mayhem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2012, 05:17 AM
19canuck90

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reverend Mayhem View Post
No. We either package a group of players together to get a very good difference maker or burn draft picks on under the radar guys.
We get a 24 year old 6'5'' 213 pound RHS Dman who can play the third pairing yet would be able to step into the second pairing in case of injury. Is this not what we are looking for?

And i know many on the west cost probably rarley or never see Crabb yet im hoping some Leaf fans can back me up in that he would fit the nucks 4th line very nicely.

Franson makes $800,00 this year and is RFA. Crabb makes $750,000 and is UFA. So we also gain about $1,000,000 in cap space for this year.

Old
01-31-2012, 05:27 AM
kamosko
Ginger Jesus

vCash: 50
I don't know, Raymond isn't really a big upgrade over what the Leafs have now so they probably wouldn't give a piece like Franson up for a guy like Raymond.

These teams don't make good trading partners I think, Van's looking to add better pieces for a package of lesser pieces for their cup run, Leafs are looking to do the same to get into the playoffs.

kamosko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2012, 05:30 AM
Man Bear Pig

A deal that would probably make more sense would involve Raymond and MacArthur. Joey Crabb won't be the difference in ANY NHL trade and I really like Joey, guy works his ass off and he'd benefit any team in bottom line minutes. Those guys just hold little value.

Man Bear Pig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2012, 05:33 AM
19canuck90

Quote:
Originally Posted by Man Bear Pig View Post
A deal that would probably make more sense would involve Raymond and MacArthur. Joey Crabb won't be the difference in ANY NHL trade and I really like Joey, guy works his ass off and he'd benefit any team in bottom line minutes. Those guys just hold little value.
Its more Raymond for Franson then it is Raymond for Crabb. Crabb doesn't even really have to be in here but i see him fitting Vans 4th line so thats why he is.

Your bolded is the whole idea for Crabb being in the deal.

Old
01-31-2012, 05:44 AM
kamosko
Ginger Jesus

vCash: 50
Quote:
Its more Raymond for Franson then it is Raymond for Crabb. Crabb doesn't even really have to be in here but i see him fitting Vans 4th line so thats why he is.

Your bolded is the whole idea for Crabb being in the deal.
Yeah but players like that hold little value so it's not really worth it trading him from a Toronto standpoint

kamosko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2012, 05:46 AM
19canuck90

Quote:
Originally Posted by kamosko99 View Post
Yeah but players like that hold little value so it's not really worth it trading him from a Toronto standpoint
I feel there is a bit of value added to this trade based on Crabb being part of it.

Old
01-31-2012, 05:47 AM
IrishPaulie
Sooshii is AWESOME!!

Send a message via AIM to IrishPaulie
Makes Toronto's bottom-6 softer and their defense weaker. Don't know why the Leafs would make this deal.

IrishPaulie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2012, 05:52 AM
19canuck90

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishPaulie View Post
Makes Toronto's bottom-6 softer and their defense weaker. Don't know why the Leafs would make this deal.
They add a fast as **** 40-50 point solid two way forward who can play the PK while their depth on D is still fine. While also adding picks.

Old
01-31-2012, 05:57 AM
Man Bear Pig

Quote:
They add a fast as **** 40-50 point solid two way forward who can play the PK while their depth on D is still fine. While also adding picks.
The Leafs are probably the fastest team in the NHL, what we need is size, especially down the middle. Raymond would be a lateral move for us really, he's not really an upgrade on what we've got already. I wouldn't mind having him but if I'm dealing Franson it's not in a lateral move that really wouldn't change the dynamic of the Leafs.

Man Bear Pig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2012, 06:00 AM
19canuck90

Quote:
Originally Posted by Man Bear Pig View Post
The Leafs are probably the fastest team in the NHL, what we need is size, especially down the middle. Raymond would be a lateral move for us really, he's not really an upgrade on what we've got already. I wouldn't mind having him but if I'm dealing Franson it's not in a lateral move that really wouldn't change the dynamic of the Leafs.
I say this in the OP, originally the deal had more in way of picks yet i got flamed for overpaying...

The Leafs being fast is not a negative for Raymond as it means he will fit in.

Old
01-31-2012, 06:05 AM
Alberta_OReilly_Fan
Bruin fan since 1975

just so toronto fans can stop their silly comments about whether franson for raymond is decent value or not... PLEASE TAKE NOTE OF THE DRAFT PICKS IN THE OP PROPOSAL

call it crabb for raymond which in anyone's opinion is a HUGE WIN for Toronto and then Franson for all the picks...

and Franson may end up being a decent top 4 dman... I will grant you that... but the OP is offering a ton of picks for him.

Toronto has Phaneuf and Komarsek signed to a ton of money... and Schenn coming along to take Komasek's place... and then just signed Liles and picked up Gardiner so you got a pretty damn good mix of 'grit and offense' already in place for the top 4 and then there are all the other guys kicking around to fill the other 2-3 spots so Franson is a decent player but the picks are way more value and way more then any other team would ever give up for Franson at this point in his career.

dont embarrass yourselves toronto fans... jump all over this proposal. if you actually dont like Raymond then just send him to someone else for like a second rounder and its still a HUGE WIN proposal for Toronto

ok so i see the OP has edited the proposal and taken out the first... but still... there is no way Crab is worth more then a third so that is already in Toronto's favorm IMHO

then Franson isnt worth a first... so a second is about roughly what he would be worth on the open market. I dont think anyone in their right mind is projecting Franson as a top pairing dman. He has size... he has a shot... so Im sure most of the 30 teams in the league would love to have him in the mix, but he is a depth guy. Raymond isnt mr wonderful and I am not saying he is... but he has impressive speed and is a potential 20 goal scorer and has a reasonable contract so alot of teams will be willing to try him out in their top 6. Personally, I would not want him in my top 6... so I dont blame Leaf fans for being underwhelmed with the idea of bringing him in. Kessel/Lupal are soft enough as 2/6 of your top two lines. It probably isnt a great idea to put Raymond onto the next line and make it so soft too. But Raymond could be flipped

Some idiot GM might even give up their first for him cause he does have very impressive speed. At the very least I would expect an idiot GM would give up a second.

two seconds is still worth more to Toronto then one Franson would be. This is still an offer that Toronto should be all over

Last edited by Alberta_OReilly_Fan: 01-31-2012 at 06:13 AM.
Alberta_OReilly_Fan is offline   Reply With Quote