HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Washington Capitals
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Capitals @ Lightning 1.31.12 @ 7:30pm Recking the Hindenburg Myth

Old
01-31-2012, 01:23 PM
IkeaMonkey*
HF Hall of Famer

vCash: 500
Having not seen a Hershey game in a decade, I really hope this guy is as worthless as a hockey player as his entire career dictates. A player who brings absolutely nothing to the table except fighting. His hockeydb profile is honestly the most pathetic one I've ever seen. Does this guy even wear gloves and carry a stick?

IkeaMonkey* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2012, 01:30 PM
LetsGoBears

Quote:
Originally Posted by sk84fun_dc View Post
He's fought Engelland, PLL, Boulerice, Clackson, etc., and others at the AHL level. He has established a role for himself on teams, but he fights. You only looked at this year from the numbers you cited, 18 AHL fights last season, 7 the prior season, plus 2 NHL pre-season. I can't comment on his actual fighting ability once the fights start; look to hockeyfights and TBL/Norfolk or Manitoba fans for that info.
Yeah, that is pretty much what my post said. I would consider this guy more or less another Downie. He like his agitation/cheap shots but will actually fight sometimes when challenged. He did have 18 fights last year, but really only PLL and Lesard were the big guys and he just locked them up mostly. Other fights were against some-what fighters and he gets it handed to him a lot.''

Actually the video of the fight with Carroll sums up Labrie nicely. Cheap shot, hesitation and a mid-weight kicking his ass.

Last edited by LetsGoBears: 01-31-2012 at 01:40 PM.
LetsGoBears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2012, 01:34 PM
tycoonheart

Quote:
Originally Posted by DynamoAO View Post
Having not seen a Hershey game in a decade, I really hope this guy is as worthless as a hockey player as his entire career dictates. A player who brings absolutely nothing to the table except fighting. His hockeydb profile is honestly the most pathetic one I've ever seen. Does this guy even wear gloves and carry a stick?
Who cares. Brash could barely skate when he was with us, but you know what, NO ONE tried to start crap with the team when he was in the lineup. Sometimes you need that.

tycoonheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2012, 01:43 PM
IkeaMonkey*
HF Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tycoonheart View Post
Who cares. Brash could barely skate when he was with us, but you know what, NO ONE tried to start crap with the team when he was in the lineup. Sometimes you need that.
You do know that Brash was more productive in his first season here than this dude's been in his entire career, at all levels?

Old
01-31-2012, 01:54 PM
RandyHolt
Opposite George = GM

vCash: 50
George won't pay for a skilled enforcer. You go war with the guys George gets and make the best of it.

We had Stephen Peat patrolling the wing. John Kordic. Ed Kastelic, many others. No one ever accused them of making us miss the playoffs nor losing a playoff series.

If Recker picks up a minus, watch what the forwards that he is protecting, do. Book it.

/drank

RandyHolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2012, 01:58 PM
ReggietheSavage15

Quote:
Originally Posted by DynamoAO View Post
You do know that Brash was more productive in his first season here than this dude's been in his entire career, at all levels?
Had to do a double-take when I saw Reichlicz has scored 3 goals....in the past 7 years. LOLOLOLOLOLOL. That's with stops in juniors, minors, and the pros. My goodness. I saw the WaPo profile of him where they made mention of him still using a wooden stick. Using a stick for him is just a formaility. He could probably skate around w. candy cane in his hands and no one would say anything because there's a 99% chance he isn't going to touch the puck.

ReggietheSavage15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2012, 02:02 PM
um

why dont we give the guy a chance to play first, its just a short term solution, hopefully

um is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2012, 02:02 PM
Liberati0n*
Full Hammock

I'm a fan of the guy already. I hope he makes a decent enough case that he stays for a little while, and is an option down the road when they need a player like that.

Liberati0n* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2012, 02:19 PM
marcel snapshot

Wonder if Semin gets some double-duty on the 4th line with Eakin and Reck. I've been impressed with Semin's team game of late (he really was helping to make the MP - MoJo - Semin line work in sync against Boston) and I want to see him continue to do that with Matty and Marcus. But I wouldn't mind seeing some of his solo artistry when he's out on the ice with the 4th line, and maybe Reck helps him get some space out there.

marcel snapshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2012, 02:21 PM
RandyHolt
Opposite George = GM

I am not sure anyone can judge Rech's value to the organization by looking at his career goal scoring totals. Stephen Peat had 5 goals one year. Who saw that coming? No one, but no one cared if he scored or not. It was not his job.

I hope he helps discourage liberties being taken with our female party guests, and helps entertain us fans doing so.

I also hope Semin gets his TOI bumped up tonight once Joel gets tossed.

No, not Byng Candidate Joel Ward

Old
01-31-2012, 02:24 PM
Liberati0n*
Full Hammock

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcel snapshot View Post
Wonder if Semin gets some double-duty on the 4th line with Eakin and Reck. I've been impressed with Semin's team game of late (he really was helping to make the MP - MoJo - Semin line work in sync against Boston) and I want to see him continue to do that with Matty and Marcus. But I wouldn't mind seeing some of his solo artistry when he's out on the ice with the 4th line, and maybe Reck helps him get some space out there.
28 will be double-shifted with 50 and 42 to minimize 54's icetime, not with 54 to minimize 42's. Trust me.

Old
01-31-2012, 02:25 PM
IkeaMonkey*
HF Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tycoonheart View Post
If the one thing this guy can do as a hockey player is fight... I don't ever want to see them in a position like this...

Old
01-31-2012, 02:47 PM
troyerlaw
Life is party again

Quote:
Originally Posted by blokeyhighlander View Post
I had a dream last night that Backstrom magically decided to return and play this game leading the team with 4 goals in a 9-4 rout.
now that is a good dream.

anyone know how to pronounce the new guy's name?

the good news is, new guy is manifestly of 'no relation' to anyone on Bolts, so overall alcohol intake does not increase for those playing Joe B Relation game. intake will be high enough already.

troyerlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2012, 02:52 PM
marcel snapshot

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonsofcain View Post
28 will be double-shifted with 50 and 42 to minimize 54's icetime, not with 54 to minimize 42's. Trust me.
Yeah, that's what I'd think normally - but Ward seems close to being a candidate for Hunter's dog house:

“Definitely you want to score more,” Hunter said when asked what he’d like to see from Ward, “but if you’re not scoring you’ve got to be playing good defensively and finish your checks and forechecking hard.”

Notice how Dale didn't say Ward is actually doing any of those things.

marcel snapshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2012, 02:52 PM
troyerlaw
Life is party again

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReggietheSavage15 View Post
Had to do a double-take when I saw Reichlicz has scored 3 goals....in the past 7 years. LOLOLOLOLOLOL. That's with stops in juniors, minors, and the pros. My goodness.
Yes, but two of those goals have been in the last two years. This sniper is heating up!!

Old
01-31-2012, 02:54 PM
troyerlaw
Life is party again

Quote:
Dale's not the only one not saying it. Ward has been big disappointment so far. I think GMGM was blinded by the Druce-like supernova during last year's playoffs. May have failed to examine the rest of the guy's career.

Old
01-31-2012, 02:54 PM
Liberati0n*
Full Hammock

Quote:
Yeah, that's what I'd think normally - but Ward seems close to being a candidate for Hunter's dog house:

“Definitely you want to score more,” Hunter said when asked what he’d like to see from Ward, “but if you’re not scoring you’ve got to be playing good defensively and finish your checks and forechecking hard.”

Yeah. Rechlicz isn't a real hockey player though. He will get about four minutes.

Old
01-31-2012, 02:56 PM
LetsGoBears

Quote:
Originally Posted by troyerlaw View Post
anyone know how to pronounce the new guy's name?
Reck • Litz

Old
01-31-2012, 03:02 PM
RandyHolt
Opposite George = GM

Nice picture Joel. The Isles fans faces are funny... oh cool a fight right in front of us!... um... wow. wtfack is happening to our goon. I will say this, when a pure goon scores a goal, everyone laughs. And it is funny.

I had his name spelled wrong in this thread which I just corrected, and see trying to google him with the same wrong spelling - a CSN blog had it spelled like I did.

Hey Chuck, are you getting good material here

Full Handstand Vid

Old
01-31-2012, 03:06 PM
Rumblick

Quote:
Originally Posted by LetsGoBears View Post
Reck • Litz
Just spitballing, but everyone I've heard pronounce it says "lish" for the second syllable.

Rumblick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2012, 03:08 PM
LetsGoBears

Yeah, that punch would have done some serious damage to other players.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rumblick View Post
Just spitballing, but everyone I've heard pronounce it says "lish" for the second syllable.
I've heard both. GC announcer seems to change it up every once in awhile. lol

Old
01-31-2012, 03:09 PM
troyerlaw
Life is party again

yikes, i just watched a sampling of his fights on YouTube. i think there is some Hendricks potential here. in terms of meting out 'punishment' by making other team beat up our fighter.

guy seems to have awkward technique, and looked downright terrified of Laraque during the long pre-fight dance. i'd be terrified of laraque myself, but i'm just saying, i didn't see many fights where the Wrecker wrecked someone. hopefully i am wrong.

the upside-down face plant vs. Rupp isn't the only disquieting GoogleImage either. the shot of him at center ice holding a jersey and still suffering major effects from Lessard fight. that isn't a pleasant photo.

Old
01-31-2012, 03:17 PM
IkeaMonkey*
HF Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyHolt View Post
Nice picture Joel. The Isles fans faces are funny... oh cool a fight right in front of us!... um... wow. wtfack is happening to our goon. I will say this, when a pure goon scores a goal, everyone laughs. And it is funny.

I had his name spelled wrong in this thread which I just corrected, and see trying to google him with the same wrong spelling - a CSN blog had it spelled like I did.

Hey Chuck, are you getting good material here

Full Handstand Vid

******* bias Pens media. The other photo from the fight was this...

Old
01-31-2012, 03:22 PM
sk84fun_dc

Quote:
Originally Posted by LetsGoBears View Post
Yeah, that is pretty much what my post said. I would consider this guy more or less another Downie. He like his agitation/cheap shots but will actually fight sometimes when challenged. He did have 18 fights last year, but really only PLL and Lesard were the big guys and he just locked them up mostly. Other fights were against some-what fighters and he gets it handed to him a lot.''

Actually the video of the fight with Carroll sums up Labrie nicely. Cheap shot, hesitation and a mid-weight kicking his ass.
I wouldn't have thought of bringing Downie's name up for a comparison; I don't agree with that comparison.

Oh and for those who haven't seen him, wait until you all see Labrie's skating.

sk84fun_dc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2012, 03:26 PM
LetsGoBears

Quote:
Originally Posted by troyerlaw View Post
yikes, i just watched a sampling of his fights on YouTube. i think there is some Hendricks potential here. in terms of meting out 'punishment' by making other team beat up our fighter.

guy seems to have awkward technique, and looked downright terrified of Laraque during the long pre-fight dance. i'd be terrified of laraque myself, but i'm just saying, i didn't see many fights where the Wrecker wrecked someone. hopefully i am wrong.

the upside-down face plant vs. Rupp isn't the only disquieting GoogleImage either. the shot of him at center ice holding a jersey and still suffering major effects from Lessard fight. that isn't a pleasant photo.
Yeah, except that Rupp picture is right after he put Rupp on his ass with one punch!

Seriously, I put in Joel Rechlicz Fights in youtube and there is some pretty good stuff there. There is some videos of Recker standing in with John Scott his first or second year. I'm not getting the Hendricks vibe at all. Recker will take some punches, but he is rarely out of a fight.