HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

According to one random NHL 'man', AK not a very interesting player to them

Old
01-31-2012, 08:21 AM
Patofqc

vCash: 500
According to one random NHL 'man', AK not a very interesting player to them

Nice article by Mathias Brunet, according to many GM, Ak is not worth much cause he is not a player you can rely on. http://www.cyberpresse.ca/sports/hoc...7_accueil_POS2

Patofqc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2012, 08:27 AM
Tuggy

vCash: 50
I'd rather keep him anyway. I like the way him and Eller play together.

Tuggy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2012, 08:28 AM
FrankMTL

Thats fine, that means his market value won't be too high so we can keep him for less. I wouldn't mind keeping AK if he's good for about 20 goals a year. Don't want to pay him more then he's making now however..I would prefer he make closer to 3 to be honest though.

FrankMTL is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2012, 08:31 AM
Andy

That's good, I don't want him traded anyway.

Andy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2012, 08:32 AM
llamateizer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patofqc View Post
Nice article by Mathias Brunet, according to many GM, Ak is not worth much cause he is not a player you can rely on. http://www.cyberpresse.ca/sports/hoc...7_accueil_POS2
Bust

but i'm unsure Lebrun talked to GM

I think he talked to Scouts
"J'ai dis a mon boss" "I told my boss"
"répond le premier dépisteur" "the first scout answered"

llamateizer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2012, 08:34 AM
habs03
Subban #Thoroughbred

I kinda, AK is best suited for a 3rd line role, but can play the PP and set into a top 6 role if needed in case on injury. I think a lot more ppl are appreciating AK more this year because we are not depending on him be our go to guy, I think that has a lot to do with the play of Cole and Patches.

I remember I was sooo disappointed in the 09-10 playoffs, when throughout 3 rounds, he had only 3 goals, and they all came in 1 game.

But now he is playing in a secondary role and we can get him re-signed for a good price I say lets re-up him for 3 more years.

habs03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2012, 08:40 AM
onice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patofqc View Post
Funny, that article was in French and you had trouble understanding it. Maybe because your hate for that one player is getting in the way of your comprehension. Or maybe you're not a Francophone.

Two people were approached for the article - nowhere does it say they were GMs to start off. Brunet refers to them as hockey men - that probably means scouts. Secondly one of them didn't like Andrei but the second saw Andrei as the best of the lot (Gill, Moen, Weber).

Learn to read before you create BS threads.

onice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2012, 08:42 AM
Habsolument

Oh, how am I not surprised to see that you of all people would bring this article up on here. The article itself is interesting. But the way you present it though... I knew I shouldn't of underestimated your troll skills.

For those who cannot read french, this is what's really in Matthias Brunet's article.

He reached out to 2 men working in hockey ("répond au bout du fil un homme de hockey d'un club de l'Association de l'Est."). They are probably NHL scouts or something. So these opinions are not "according to many GMs". And while one man said that he didn't like AK much because of his inconsistency, the other one said that he had pretty good value (possibly a 2nd round pick) because there aren't that many scorers available to teams that want to make a push for the SC.

Habsolument is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2012, 08:42 AM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

Good then we can sign him for cheap

Habs 4 Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2012, 08:43 AM
Richiebottles
Big Mike !

Fine. We can keep him...

Richiebottles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2012, 08:46 AM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

A couple of interesting quotes

et certains directeurs généraux qui vivent dans le passé...»

Gainey and company IMO are one of them

«Je ne veux pas critiquer personne, répond le premier dépisteur, mais je ne comprends pas pourquoi le Canadien a acquis Tomas Kaberle alors qu'il avait déjà Weber dans ses rangs...»

Yet some defend this move

Old
01-31-2012, 08:46 AM
Gustave

Je pris à tous les soirs pour que les Nordiques reviennent pour pu avoir à endurer des osties de faux-fans dans le genre.

Pardon my french...

Gustave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2012, 08:47 AM
Young Gun

My guess is he already had some idea what his value was before he said he would stay for less in montreal. Not a lot of teams want him, and you can't blame them, like i said many times here, ak shows up only when he want's to.
Anyway, sign him for a little more than half his current salary should be ok, if not, let him walk (it's what i would prefer) he's not going to help a team win anything

Last edited by Young Gun: 01-31-2012 at 09:17 AM.
Young Gun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2012, 08:49 AM
Andy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs 4 Life View Post

«Je ne veux pas critiquer personne, répond le premier dépisteur, mais je ne comprends pas pourquoi le Canadien a acquis Tomas Kaberle alors qu'il avait déjà Weber dans ses rangs...»

Yet some defend this move
Too bad this hockey guy doesn't realize that Weber sucks.

Old
01-31-2012, 08:52 AM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy View Post
Yup he sucks, yet he has been one of the Habs best D in the past playoffs and his always played like a yo-yo. Hey Yannick go play forward tonight

I'm sure the Guy realizes how pathetic Kaberle and his contract is though

Old
01-31-2012, 08:52 AM
onice

Quote:
Which may explain why he's only a hockey man and not a GM.

onice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2012, 08:54 AM
Andy

Quote:
Yup he sucks, yet he has been one of the Habs best D in the past playoffs and his always played like a yo-yo. Hey Yannick go play forward tonight

I'm sure the Guy realizes how pathetic Kaberle and his contract is though
But that is not what the guy spoke about. He spoke about how he didn't understand the deal considering they have Weber.

Considering the defense this year, if Weber was good enough, he'd be playing back there, but most of the team he is more terrible than he is good.

Old
01-31-2012, 08:56 AM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

Quote:
But that is not what the guy spoke about. He spoke about how he didn't understand the deal considering they have Weber.

Considering the defense this year, if Weber was good enough, he'd be playing back there, but most of the team he is more terrible than he is good.
Weber should have been given a final chance, not just a few games here and there and mistakes are part of a learning thing for these guys at their age. There was no reason for Gauthier to trade for Kaberle we had enough D and Campoli was on his way back. Anyways that's another story.

Old
01-31-2012, 08:56 AM
Patty Roy

This news doesn't surprise me one bit. As far as playoff rentals go i get why teams would have more interest in Moen and Gill than AK. You definitely know what you are going to get on a night in night out basis with the first two more than you do with AK.

Anybody who thinks we can get a 1st for AK is living in fantasy land.

Patty Roy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2012, 08:58 AM
Andy

Quote:
Weber should have been given a final chance, not just a few games here and there and mistakes are part of a learning thing for these guys at their age. There was no reason for Gauthier to trade for Kaberle we had enough D and Campoli was on his way back. Anyways that's another story.
He's been given many chances. He played pretty consistently at the beginning of the year when Emelin was being consistently sat and Spacek and Campoli were out. Outside 5 games, he has been terrible.

Second, this isn't a thread about the Kaberle trade and 3rd, now you are using arguments the "hockey man" hasn't even said. The man said he didn't understand the trade considering they had weber. Weber has been terrible and has been given enough chances.

Old
01-31-2012, 08:58 AM
BeerHell

What I don't get is why two teams paid two years in a row a second round pick for Dominic Moore.
But they Say at best Moen is worth a 3rd and AK a 2nd.
does dominic Moore bring as nuch as AK and so much more than Moen?

BeerHell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2012, 08:59 AM
S Bah

But of course the GM is telling the absolute truth,so that everyone is aware of the little worth our players have around the league at this time of year. Particularly the value of both Weber and Kaberle,for a team lacking firepower on their 2nd PP!

S Bah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2012, 09:00 AM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

Quote:
He's been given many chances. He played pretty consistently at the beginning of the year when Emelin was being consistently sat and Spacek and Campoli were out. Outside 5 games, he has been terrible.

Second, this isn't a thread about the Kaberle trade and 3rd, now you are using arguments the "hockey man" hasn't even said. The man said he didn't understand the trade considering they had weber. Weber has been terrible and has been given enough chances.
No he hasn't but anyways I agree this is another subject and not related to this story

Old
01-31-2012, 09:02 AM
Andy

Also, I agree with the article that Gill and Moen's value is around a 3rd round pick. I'd be really shocked if they got back 2nds, but you never know.

Old
01-31-2012, 09:04 AM
MathMan

AK's always struck me as the kind of player a savvy GM steals from a less-capable GM. He's productive, able to handle tough minutes or kill soft ones, making him a very useful player. But he has a reputation as an underachiever and for being lazy and inconsistent, which reduces his trade value.

MathMan is offline   Reply With Quote