HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

According to one random NHL 'man', AK not a very interesting player to them

Old
02-03-2012, 12:20 PM
gillyguzzler

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanBostonRedsox View Post
The guy just said he would take a hometown discount to resign. He hits, he's fairly tall, and he has looked great on a line centered by Lars Eller. It may have taken him a few years to fully develop, and he still hasn't fully developed yet, but he is out of Martin's defensive system; give him another year or two and then decide if we should trade him. I am so sick of the Kostitsyn bashing. The guy is a great player, and the Canadiens would be idiots to trade him.
Benny and his sheep.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg benoitbrunet.jpg‎ (13.2 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg sheep.jpg‎ (78.8 KB, 10 views)

gillyguzzler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2012, 12:28 PM
holyhabs87

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodKiwi View Post
Never liked him and never will. Overpaid for what he brings to the team.

#KostitsynHate
Laughable.

For 3.25 million he gets you 20 goals. Not his fault he gets used on the 3rd line and not much PP time.

Everyone ****ted on him last year and he still finished 4th on the team in point despite playing 3-4 minutes less than everyone above him. Another thing he does is hit. Last year he was 1st on the team.

The thing I always said in regard to AK is for the amount of money he makes, you are not going to find much better options out there. If you find a comparables they are most likely playing with top tier players hence more production.

Would you rather overpay a UFA to replace him and not be sure what he does or stick with what you have in AK and save some $$$?

AK could still get better as Eller gets better too.

holyhabs87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2012, 12:30 PM
larek

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodKiwi View Post
Never liked him and never will. Overpaid for what he brings to the team.

#KostitsynHate
he has some i use but not near what some say- never seen a player whiff so much when he egts a pass and has a scoring chance- has to be the most in the NHL and NO he doesnt scare anyone-

larek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2012, 12:33 PM
lxzred

Quote:
Originally Posted by larek View Post
he has some i use but not near what some say- never seen a player whiff so much when he egts a pass and has a scoring chance- has to be the most in the NHL and NO he doesnt scare anyone-
Funny, no one who defends him even said he's a top six winger yet the haters say no other team would sign him, who's misjudging his value again?

lxzred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2012, 12:35 PM
Stradale

Still find its funny that people call him lazy.

I can bet my house with any members here that call him lazy to come to my place and watch all the games this season and we will determine if he's lazy (floating, out of shape, never backcheck or forecheck) or not.

At this point, I really hope we trade him. Let Bourque be the next scapegoat. People here are borderline racist towards europeans.

Stradale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2012, 12:36 PM
larek

Quote:
Originally Posted by lxzred View Post
Funny, no one who defends him even said he's a top six winger yet the haters say no other team would sign him, who's misjudging his value again?
why defend? he is what he is- can come up with the nice goal once in a while big but really doesnt make the opp keep there heads up- lazy at times and can go extended amount of games without a goal looking disinterested- really if they keep him - fine- if they trade him- fine

Old
02-03-2012, 12:37 PM
Kriss E

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsterix View Post
People know you here. They know that you'll think what you want no matter what's presented. They know that you'll pretend knowing what people say/mean even if they say the opposite and that's why they don't take you seriously, as you can't respect someone who pretends knowing better than the author of the comments.
Yes, and that's why many other posters here have called you out on it. I guess we think whatever we want and you're simply a misunderstood soul...

Now you go on your usual ''Kriss E is a villain'' rant whenever I disagree and you have nothing to counter with.
You hated AK from the beginning, everybody that was around then knows it. You were also completely wrong about Penner vs AK. But hey, I'm a meanie..

Last edited by Kriss E: 02-03-2012 at 12:47 PM.
Kriss E is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2012, 12:37 PM
Mrb1p

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stradale View Post

I can bet my house with any members here that call him lazy to come to my place and watch all the games this season and we will determine if he's lazy (floating, out of shape, never backcheck or forecheck) or not.

At this point, I really hope we trade him. Let Bourque be the next scapegoat. People here are borderline racist towards europeans.

If he gets traded i sure hope it's to play with a great center.

Make him go to Pittsburgh let's see what happens.

Mrb1p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2012, 12:40 PM
larek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrb1p View Post
If he gets traded i sure hope it's to play with a great center.

Make him go to Pittsburgh let's see what happens.
if he gets traded i hope its for something decent and i coudnt care less where he goes and who he plays with

Old
02-03-2012, 12:40 PM
gillyguzzler

Quote:

Racists? In Quebec? Towards Russians? On RDS? on HFBoards? Benny Brunet? Vinny Damphousse? Alain Crete? Denis Gauthier? Tony Marinaro? You kid right?

Old
02-03-2012, 12:46 PM
Kriss E

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Kovalev View Post
More like 40-45pt scorer. He's never even reach 55 points in his career lol
He's also never averaged 16min of ice time. Give him more minutes and he could reach the 50 pt plateau again.

Kriss E is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2012, 12:47 PM
Habit11

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinyzombies View Post
AK's "hits" don't create possession. It's only after his laziness has allowed the d to clear the zone that he lays a flashy hit. He loses every single puck battle down low, even with minimal pressure.

I can't imagine any contender would be interested.
Like on Emelin's goal vs. Detroit just last week where AK won a puck battle down low, wheeled around the net, threw it out front, and then Emelin scored. How could he do that if he loses every single battle? Not every body check is going to result in a change of possession. That's a ridiculous standard you wouldn't put on anyone else. He's not lazy. I think people who watch him and say he is lazy are lazy. It took me 1 second to remember him dig out the puck, win a battle, and it led to a goal, and you said he loses every single puck battle. Cool.

Habit11 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2012, 12:55 PM
Markowicz
Simple Jacques

Quote:
Originally Posted by holyhabs87 View Post
Laughable.

For 3.25 million he gets you 20 goals. Not his fault he gets used on the 3rd line and not much PP time.

Everyone ****ted on him last year and he still finished 4th on the team in point despite playing 3-4 minutes less than everyone above him. Another thing he does is hit. Last year he was 1st on the team.

The thing I always said in regard to AK is for the amount of money he makes, you are not going to find much better options out there. If you find a comparables they are most likely playing with top tier players hence more production.

Would you rather overpay a UFA to replace him and not be sure what he does or stick with what you have in AK and save some $$$?

AK could still get better as Eller gets better too.
I was going to write pretty the much the same thing. Based on his numbers this year, and even over his career, the max he should cost us is 4m a year. League-wide, I don't see him getting much more than that either. So if he says he wants to take less to stay, well I'd be very interested in keeping him. Why? Because there simply isn't a whole lot out there that's better or should i say, as cost efficient as AK would be. Here's a list of UFA's who are of a similar age, talent and point level to AK:

Rich Peverly 29
Brad Boyes 29
Tuomo Ruutu 28
RJ Umberger 29
Jiri Hudler 28
Ales Hemsky 28
Dustin Penner 29
Lee Stempniak 28
Chris Kunitz 32
Mikhail Grabovski 28
Alex Semin 27

Who from this list would you rather have on the team? For me there three guys, Hemsky, Semin and Ruutu. The problem with Semin is that he'll cost way too much. Hemsky is horribly injury prone, and will still cost more than AK. Which leaves Ruutu. I like him, but I don't think he's much better than AK. So why wouldn't I just keep the guy that said he wants to stay for less anyway, than pay more for a guy that isn't a sure bet anyhow?

I'm not against trading him or trying to get good value for him at the deadline (and I think he's worth about what Ottawa got for Mike Fisher last year), but if it comes down to letting him walk and signing a replacement next year, i think that's a mistake.

Markowicz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2012, 12:56 PM
yianik

I would try to re-sign AK, I certainly like what he brings eg size, skill, willingness and ability to hit, speed, ability to handle being on the Habs. If we are playing 3 offensive tilted lines then if you trade AK you need to get another scoring winger to replace him, and that doesnt make sense. If we cant sign him within the next couple of weeks though, you have to trade him, all I ask is for PG to table him a fair contract and then its up to AK. Dont have a clue if PG is even thinking of signing him though.

yianik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2012, 12:58 PM
gillyguzzler

As others have suggested, a way to get better production from two lines might be to do this :

MaxPac-DD-AK
Bourque-Plek-Cole

If anything, AK would look better than on the 3rd or 4th line and it could increase his value before the deadline. The three played together for a few games earlier and were great.

Maybe Plek would be happier with Cole on his right also. No reason why that line shouldn't produce.

Old
02-03-2012, 01:23 PM
Talks to Goalposts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markowicz View Post
I was going to write pretty the much the same thing. Based on his numbers this year, and even over his career, the max he should cost us is 4m a year. League-wide, I don't see him getting much more than that either. So if he says he wants to take less to stay, well I'd be very interested in keeping him. Why? Because there simply isn't a whole lot out there that's better or should i say, as cost efficient as AK would be. Here's a list of UFA's who are of a similar age, talent and point level to AK:

Rich Peverly 29
Brad Boyes 29
Tuomo Ruutu 28
RJ Umberger 29
Jiri Hudler 28
Ales Hemsky 28
Dustin Penner 29
Lee Stempniak 28
Chris Kunitz 32
Mikhail Grabovski 28
Alex Semin 27

Who from this list would you rather have on the team? For me there three guys, Hemsky, Semin and Ruutu. The problem with Semin is that he'll cost way too much. Hemsky is horribly injury prone, and will still cost more than AK. Which leaves Ruutu. I like him, but I don't think he's much better than AK. So why wouldn't I just keep the guy that said he wants to stay for less anyway, than pay more for a guy that isn't a sure bet anyhow?

I'm not against trading him or trying to get good value for him at the deadline (and I think he's worth about what Ottawa got for Mike Fisher last year), but if it comes down to letting him walk and signing a replacement next year, i think that's a mistake.
I agree.

New contracts are inevitably more expensive than old contracts. Its the way of the NHL with how the cap has risen in recent years. Any guy you'd want more than Kostitsyn will make more than he does on his new UFA contract, especially since you can get the home town discount with AK while you have to compete with 29 other teams for the rest.

Even if the Gomez contract is dealt with Montreal will still be pretty close to the cap (unless Markov is done but that means even more money spent on the defense). Value for money wise, its either sign Kostitsyn or do without having enough depth on wing to cushion against injuries and support a 3 line offense or hope that one of your prospects can fill the gap (unlikely).

Talks to Goalposts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2012, 04:18 PM
tserberis*

Quote:
Originally Posted by gillyguzzler View Post
Racists? In Quebec? Towards Russians? On RDS? on HFBoards? Benny Brunet? Vinny Damphousse? Alain Crete? Denis Gauthier? Tony Marinaro? You kid right?
French Minority. Minority is minority. All said.

tserberis* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2012, 05:04 PM
couris

Quote:

Whites racists towards other whites? hmmm

couris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2012, 05:04 PM
gillyguzzler

French Minority. Minority is minority. All said.

What are you trying to say?

Old
02-03-2012, 05:14 PM
lxzred

^^^ probably that only a minority of Quebecois are prejudice against Russians etc ?

lxzred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2012, 05:17 PM
Habs

Quote:

Just the lazy, uninterested ones.

Habs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2012, 07:49 PM
WeThreeKings
DJ Nikita

Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs View Post
Just the lazy, uninterested ones.
That's true of Canadians, Americans, Francophones and Anglophones.

All I know is Kostitsyn is neither lazy or uninterested.

WeThreeKings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2012, 08:07 PM
SnapVirus

Kostitsyn is one of my favourite habs player.

When people say he is lazy they dont know ****.

Hes playing 16min a game, while gionta-plekanec-cammalleri, etc. were playin 17-22mins a night. And he has no ****in powerplay time, and still 4th in scoring. You guys are dumb if you think so. You all complaint that you want a big winger, who hits and scores. HE IS. What do you want? Jamie Benn? Not available. Kostitsyn is best player available on UFA this summer at a range of 4-4.5M$ in capspace. Ruutu is asking for 5M$ and only had 2 20goals seasons in his whole career.

SnapVirus is offline   Reply With Quote