HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Huntsville Havoc anyone?

Closed Thread

Old
10-19-2004, 11:11 AM
crossxcheck

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to crossxcheck Send a message via MSN to crossxcheck Send a message via Yahoo to crossxcheck
Huntsville Havoc anyone?

I know it's just the SPHL but it's hockey and it's only 1.5 hours away! These guys start their season next friday night at home and have a home game on saturday also. tickets are $8-$13. Me and the old lady are going to make the trip on 10/30 to see them play the knoxville ice bears.

If anyone else cares, here's their schedule:
http://www.huntsvillehavoc.com/schedule/

Old
10-19-2004, 11:35 AM
Pattypred

Quote:
Originally Posted by crossxcheck
I know it's just the SPHL but it's hockey and it's only 1.5 hours away! These guys start their season next friday night at home and have a home game on saturday also. tickets are $8-$13. Me and the old lady are going to make the trip on 10/30 to see them play the knoxville ice bears.

If anyone else cares, here's their schedule:
http://www.huntsvillehavoc.com/schedule/
There's 12 of the Predators Pride Booster Club that are going to the 10/30 game. We will probably be planning on more trips as the year progresses.

PattyPred

Old
10-19-2004, 11:39 AM
crossxcheck

Send a message via AIM to crossxcheck Send a message via MSN to crossxcheck Send a message via Yahoo to crossxcheck
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pattypred
There's 12 of the Predators Pride Booster Club that are going to the 10/30 game. We will probably be planning on more trips as the year progresses.

PattyPred
awesome! I am actually about to buy tickets right now. We also plan on a trip to see the havoc at least once a month to get our hockey fix (although not enough). To top that off, an intern at my wife's work plays for the ice tigers 18U travel team and we plan on watching them play often, too. Maybe that will help us get our fix.

Old
10-19-2004, 11:40 AM
Pattypred

I believe we are going to be at one of the goal ends close to the sports bar. I believe we will be in the 2nd and 3rd rows.

Old
10-19-2004, 11:41 AM
crossxcheck

Quote:
I believe we are going to be at one of the goal ends close to the sports bar. I believe we will be in the 2nd and 3rd rows.
last night when I checked the best seats equivalent to club level (in viewing only) was something like 8Box row A. I think.

Old
10-19-2004, 11:45 AM
Pattypred

I just checked the Von Braun Center site and I believe our seats are in 23B.

Old
10-19-2004, 11:46 AM
crossxcheck

Quote:
I just checked the Von Braun Center site and I believe our seats are in 23B.
cool well i'm assuming you guys will be wearing preds gear so it shouldn't be hard to locate you.

Old
10-19-2004, 11:48 AM
Pattypred

There will be 12 of us with 2 men and 10 women. We will definitely have our Preds gear on.

Just come up to our area and ask for Patty. I'm looking forward to meeting you.

Old
10-19-2004, 11:54 AM
crossxcheck

Quote:
There will be 12 of us with 2 men and 10 women. We will definitely have our Preds gear on.

Just come up to our area and ask for Patty. I'm looking forward to meeting you.
Just bought them. 8B Row A. with all the danged ticketmaster charges it was $35 for two $11 tickets!!! :mad:

have you been to the von braun center before? Is it easy to find? I think I remember seeing it near the mall??

Old
10-19-2004, 11:59 AM
PredsFan77*

Send a message via ICQ to PredsFan77* Send a message via AIM to PredsFan77*
Well down here in Columbia we have an ECHL team, they play before the USC v. UT college game that will be a massacre.

Old
10-19-2004, 12:30 PM
Pattypred

Quote:
Originally Posted by crossxcheck
Just bought them. 8B Row A. with all the danged ticketmaster charges it was $35 for two $11 tickets!!! :mad:

have you been to the von braun center before? Is it easy to find? I think I remember seeing it near the mall??
That bites.

I've never been to Von Braun Center before but I will be picking up someone in Columbia TN that knows the way so I will have my navigator. There are directions on the Von Braun Center site.

Old
10-19-2004, 12:30 PM
Pattypred

Check this out:

http://www.vonbrauncenter.com/pages/maps.html

Old
10-19-2004, 12:38 PM
crossxcheck

Quote:
thanks! I usually get off at Exit #1 ardmore to go to huntsville, so these directions might be a little hairy for me. we'll see.

Old
10-28-2004, 11:47 AM
Pattypred

I'm really looking forward to seeing the Havoc on Saturday. I'm also looking forward to meeting some posters.

Old
11-01-2004, 08:54 AM
117p

observations from box17

* it was 'hockey fix' time in tennessee saturday night - marcia and i decided at the last minute to drive to huntsville to watch the havoc ... people, IT WAS WORTH THE TRIP AND IT WON'T BE OUR LAST ONE

* the booster club group was there, about 20 strong sitting behind the attack twice goal but marcia and i sat in our 'normal' area ... last row, lower bowl close to the blue line ...

* the building was beautiful, the people were great (countless number of fans came up to us and thanked us for coming down - we, in turn, thanked them for having us) and the games was exciting

* no, it wasn't nhl, it wasn't even admirals' hockey, but after five minutes or so, the talent level smoothed out and it was exciting and fun

* we got involved in the game (can you imagine good old 117p NOT involved in a hockey game), high-fived our neighbors when WE scored, and cheered when the clock ran out with the Havoc ahead 2-1

* we will be back (assuming the nhl-nhlpa don't figure things out) and hope to see many of you there next time

* LET'S GO HAVOC!!!!

Old
11-01-2004, 09:09 AM
crossxcheck

Quote:
Originally Posted by 117p
* it was 'hockey fix' time in tennessee saturday night - marcia and i decided at the last minute to drive to huntsville to watch the havoc ... people, IT WAS WORTH THE TRIP AND IT WON'T BE OUR LAST ONE

* the booster club group was there, about 20 strong sitting behind the attack twice goal but marcia and i sat in our 'normal' area ... last row, lower bowl close to the blue line ...

* the building was beautiful, the people were great (countless number of fans came up to us and thanked us for coming down - we, in turn, thanked them for having us) and the games was exciting

* no, it wasn't nhl, it wasn't even admirals' hockey, but after five minutes or so, the talent level smoothed out and it was exciting and fun

* we got involved in the game (can you imagine good old 117p NOT involved in a hockey game), high-fived our neighbors when WE scored, and cheered when the clock ran out with the Havoc ahead 2-1

* we will be back (assuming the nhl-nhlpa don't figure things out) and hope to see many of you there next time

* LET'S GO HAVOC!!!!

my wife and I also made the trip. My wife is a tootoo fan (go figure) and loved luke phillips. He did kind of remind of of tootoo, but his hits weren't nearly as powerful as tootoo's. he could sure stir it up though. I don't know if you watched him but he would go by the ice bears bench talking crap every time. Anyway, you're right it wasn't NHL or AHL caliber, but it was fun and there's a lot to be said about guys like the ones in the SPHL playing for the love of the game (surely not for money). and that game winner was a beauty. It was also nice when I saw kids waving at the players and the players waving back. the captain "goose" even gave a kid in front of me a puck during warm ups. We will for sure be back!

117p: did you and your wife both have on preds home jerseys and you had on a sullivan hat??

Last edited by crossxcheck: 11-01-2004 at 09:19 AM.
Old
11-01-2004, 09:57 AM
117p

no - we sat in the last row in box17, the attack twice end, between the blue line and goal line on the players bench side ... we were both in the light predator sweaters (the first years' home ones, before the league switched to the dark ones for home games) but the only had i wore, and the one i have at work today, is
the Havoc caps that they gave out

next time come by and say hello ... were you a part of the booster group?

but we'll all agree that there need to be more trips down there -

i agree about phillips - he stirs it up, but 'goose' (degurse for you soon-to-be havoc fans) is the obvious leader on the ice ... i really expected him to go at it with #4, the tall defenseman from knoxville, murzel or something, but with the game so close i don't think he wanted to take the chance of putting his team in trouble

Old
11-01-2004, 10:07 AM
crossxcheck

Quote:
Originally Posted by 117p
no - we sat in the last row in box17, the attack twice end, between the blue line and goal line on the players bench side ... we were both in the light predator sweaters (the first years' home ones, before the league switched to the dark ones for home games) but the only had i wore, and the one i have at work today, is
the Havoc caps that they gave out

next time come by and say hello ... were you a part of the booster group?

but we'll all agree that there need to be more trips down there -

i agree about phillips - he stirs it up, but 'goose' (degurse for you soon-to-be havoc fans) is the obvious leader on the ice ... i really expected him to go at it with #4, the tall defenseman from knoxville, murzel or something, but with the game so close i don't think he wanted to take the chance of putting his team in trouble

no, we weren't part of the booster group. we went solo. we sat over in box 8 first row. oh yeah...and you're right goose is definitely the leader on the team. phillips is just a sparkplug whow can be a pest. I must say I was most impressed with buccella and howard. and once carmichael settled in, he made some nice saves.

Old
11-01-2004, 12:45 PM
Pattypred

It was a great road trip! I will definitely be making that trip again. Huntsville fans are very welcoming.

To everyone that came up to thank us for coming down - y'all are MORE THAN WELCOME. Hope to see you again soon.

Old
11-01-2004, 01:39 PM
predperson

117P: wish we could have gone with you.......Capt N had already gone to the lake when Lnberg called. ..we'll plan a trip with you guys the next time.
Sounds like it was fun.

Closed Thread