HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

NASHVILLE @ MINNESOTA (there's a game today?)

Old
01-31-2012, 10:05 PM
Adz
Eudora Wannabe

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigFatCat999 View Post
I think Preds fans need to switch from alcohol to Zoloft like me! No Adz, I am the serenest!
Ha ha! I will concede that because I was not serene.

Adz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2012, 10:05 PM
101st_fan
I taught Yoda

Quote:
Originally Posted by tserberis View Post
Go Calgary!!!

Go Cocks!!!
The South Carolina jersey is in the closet until this fall.

Calgary and Vancouver in regulation ... just to make things a bit more interesting in the Central.

101st_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2012, 10:08 PM
roseyc

WoW! I know this is after the fact but this is 4th comeback for this unlikelist team. Everyone including me was saying all things that have been said. This was a bounce game all night. No matter how you figure the Wild goals they got the bounces early and we didn't and then we got the bounces. Just goes to show you after Hornqvist scores to make it a one goal game. That rush up ice was the best I've seen a Predator team do. Five passes and Wilson to Fisher and were tied just like you would have drawn it on the board . Then the hockey gods smiled on us. Mike Fisher is our leading scorer and most of the times he doesn't look like he knows where the puck is. Hornqvist is tied with him I think. I know it hard to say and you don't want to jinx them but this team has something about it that says special!!!! WoW! Great to have hockey back!!!!

roseyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2012, 10:13 PM
predwings

WTF Happened, I just checked the score to see if we got more goals and we won. WTF. I am just laughing now. Glad they pulled their heads out of their *****, but this stuff won't work on everyone. Let's hope this spurs some confident Predators hockey.

Edit - Also, I checked the score on NHL.com and was like..no way that's the score, must be broken. Had to re-check just to make sure.

predwings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2012, 10:13 PM
PredsV82
Puckaroni and cheese

vCash: 50
Have been in the ER at 2am each of the last two nites so I dozed off when minny went up 3-0. Fortunatley I awoke just as the three minute rally was beginning.

You have to believe, this team is just special...

PredsV82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2012, 10:14 PM
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD

Quote:
Originally Posted by 101st_fan View Post
I have to get up at 5am and go run after using the magical liver tonight ... beer only though ... Jack and Coke at my mixture level would have killed me.
Wanna trade livers? Mine is slightly used, last drink was a Jagerbomb two months ago. I detox the magical liver for the playoffs and retransplant

BigFatCat999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2012, 10:20 PM
adsfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by predwings View Post
WTF Happened, I just checked the score to see if we got more goals and we won. WTF. I am just laughing now. Glad they pulled their heads out of their *****, but this stuff won't work on everyone. Let's hope this spurs some confident Predators hockey.

Edit - Also, I checked the score on NHL.com and was like..no way that's the score, must be broken. Had to re-check just to make sure.
Hard to believe, I know. Down 3-1 after two periods. Go down 4-1 in the first minute of the third period. Score 4 goals to win 5-4 on the road.

adsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2012, 10:33 PM
PredsV82
Puckaroni and cheese

vCash: 50
This is when you wish they had Leipold mic'd up in the owners box...

PredsV82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2012, 10:36 PM
101st_fan
I taught Yoda

Quote:
Originally Posted by PredsV82 View Post
This is when you wish they had Leipold mic'd up in the owners box...
Assuming he showed up.

Old
01-31-2012, 10:38 PM
gopreds19
Formerly gobears19

This team....

Meanwhile, at the Excel Energy Center

gopreds19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2012, 10:39 PM
hockey diva

Well I am sorry I missed this one due to a prior committment. I did catch the last minute on the radio coming home and heard the GW. No quit in this team which is nice to see. But we should not be in that position to begin with. Want a full 60 minutes from these guys at some point this season.

hockey diva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2012, 10:48 PM
101st_fan
I taught Yoda

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockey diva View Post
Well I am sorry I missed this one due to a prior committment. I did catch the last minute on the radio coming home and heard the GW. No quit in this team which is nice to see. But we should not be in that position to begin with. Want a full 60 minutes from these guys at some point this season.
I'm shocked they came back ... they tend to suck with 2+ days rest.

Old
01-31-2012, 10:49 PM
roseyc

Something else i thought of...sure the break took something out of us and but you know not only Suter and Weber thinking of their contracts but what about the other guys saying who's going on and who's staying. That has something to do with it far as the slow start and whom we might trade for

roseyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2012, 10:54 PM
hido

Just got home and read through this thread. It's really funny to read with 20/20 hindsight. Some folks were ready to disband the team by the 4th or 5th page.

What a great win. Wish I could have seen it.

hido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2012, 10:56 PM
predfan24

I'll go ahead and take credit for this boys and girls. I was coming home from a work out and I turn the TV on and not a minute later Yip scores and the rest is history. Obviously I have some sort of unrealized power over the Pred's psyches when I'm watching.

Your welcome.

predfan24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2012, 11:13 PM
Predsboro

Quote:
Originally Posted by hido View Post
Just got home and read through this thread. It's really funny to read with 20/20 hindsight. Some folks were ready to disband the team by the 4th or 5th page.

for lots of fun now ... go read the Wild's GDT. I really enjoyed the Ducks GDTs during the playoffs last year.

exactly as you say, it's a rollercoaster of emotion

Predsboro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2012, 11:34 PM
predwings

Quote:
Originally Posted by hido View Post

I don't think they were ready to disband. They were just frustrated that none of our players came to play early on. You can't deny that outside of Smith, nobody on the team was hustling until late in the game.

I didn't see anything on disbanding, just a lot of people unhappy with the way they played.

I don't think everyone expects to win all the time, they just don't want to lose looking that bad. Glad we pulled it out. A loss like that could have sent us into a CBJesque spiral

Old
01-31-2012, 11:42 PM
gratefulpred
Thread Killer

Dear Mr. Leopold, thanks for the hospitality. Go Preds!

gratefulpred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2012, 11:55 PM
WartracePred

[QUOTE=predwings;43384245]I don't think they were ready to disband. They were just frustrated that none of our players came to play early on. You can't deny that outside of Smith, nobody on the team was hustling until late in the game.

I didn't see anything on disbanding, just a lot of people unhappy with the way they played.

I don't think everyone expects to win all the time, they just don't want to lose looking that bad. Glad we pulled it out. A loss like that could have sent us into a CBJesque spiral[/QUOTE]

Your right. One loss would have sent the team from the 4th best in the league to the cellar dweller. One off night -- we should waive Fisher and Klein. Suter is a cancer and should be traded now for anything at all, cause he's gonna walk in free agency. Weber cares more about the spotlight that comes with being an all-star. They're all pieces of trash and soon enough the team will be sold and moved to Canada.

WartracePred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2012, 11:57 PM
CantbeatzPekka
Weber/Jones/Josi

Quote:
Originally Posted by 101st_fan View Post
The room is poisoned ... we can't win ... the All Star break quotes doomed the team .....

uh ......

never said we couldnt win, just that i doubt some if not most of the players didnt appreciate the comments....

anyways good win that was great.

CantbeatzPekka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2012, 12:00 AM
NoNecksCurse

Quote:
Originally Posted by CantBeatMyPekka View Post
never said we couldnt win, just that i doubt some if not most of the players didnt appreciate the comments....

anyways good win that was great.
there is no doubt some of the guys didn't like his comments.. but these guys are professionals.

agreed.. great game. only cause we won, we looked like feces for 50 mins.. and team canada the last 10 mins when it matters

NoNecksCurse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2012, 12:25 AM
BourqueBourqueBork

Turned the game on....we were down 3-0 in the 2nd. Thought about turning it off. Remembered the Columbus game. Didn't. Glad.

BourqueBourqueBork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2012, 01:51 AM
predwings

[QUOTE=WartracePred;43385647]
Quote:
Originally Posted by predwings View Post
I don't think they were ready to disband. They were just frustrated that none of our players came to play early on. You can't deny that outside of Smith, nobody on the team was hustling until late in the game.

I don't think everyone expects to win all the time, they just don't want to lose looking that bad. Glad we pulled it out. A loss like that could have sent us into a CBJesque spiral[/QUOTE]

Your right. One loss would have sent the team from the 4th best in the league to the cellar dweller. One off night -- we should waive Fisher and Klein. Suter is a cancer and should be traded now for anything at all, cause he's gonna walk in free agency. Weber cares more about the spotlight that comes with being an all-star. They're all pieces of trash and soon enough the team will be sold and moved to Canada.
It wasn't meant to be taken so literally. I also don't think one loss kills us, but a loss where we get our ***** handed to us could completely demoralize a locker room and cause a streak of bad games. Once the spiral starts, it's hard to stop. I'm glad they won, just need to play the full 60 minutes instead of waiting till the last moment. On the up side, one win can spark a climb, especially one from a comeback.

Old
02-01-2012, 02:28 AM
kypredsfan
Weber is OUR captain

Yeah so I watched the first 2 periods then dozed off on the couch. woke up at 10 to go to work and had multiple text's. Can't believe I freaking missed the 3rd. But I shouldn't be surprised. This isn't the first time it's happened this season. This team is full of surprises. How can our dyanmic duo not want to stay with us?

kypredsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2012, 04:00 AM
sparkle twin
I luv u summertime

Send a message via ICQ to sparkle twin Send a message via AIM to sparkle twin
Wow...did not see that coming. I thought we had a chance at 3-1 but when Minny made it 4-1 I thought that we were done. I never turned it off, but I never thought they would come back and win either. Extremely happy to be wrong!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insanepredator View Post
Sounds like the game going great should be fun to watch this on the DVR later.
Bet you had just a little bit of fun!

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by I Will Son View Post
Suter def cancered this team with his words. Even if he didnt mean it the way ppl took it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CantBeatMyPekka View Post
I dont have to be when theres media reports saying Suter received texts/calls from teamates asking what he said to the media WORRIED about what was said by him. If his comments were so clear and nice he wouldnt have had to restate his statements. Things aren't said in a vacuum and have consequences like we have seen with all the media attention around his comments.
I'm sure the players had questions just like we did. But on the pregame show Tom said that Suter made it abundantly clear in the locker room that he was not looking to get out of Nashville and he was really upset at the way he was portrayed by the national and even local media.

sparkle twin is offline   Reply With Quote