HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Weber

Old
01-31-2012, 09:52 PM
Andy

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs 4 Life View Post
Look I'm not saying he is the next best thing but give him a fair shot. 10-20 games and no yo-yoing around. Give him the ice time and let's see what he can do. It doesn't help and you can't say other wise when management goes out and acquires veterans like Campoli, Mara and Sopel. Those guys will always play over rookies. Emelin didn't have the best of starts but it took time for him to get comfortable, give these kids the time, and after a good evaluation you make up your mind on keeping him or not
Why couldn't Weber just do what Emelin did and prove he belonged in teh lineup? Emelin was on the outside looking in. Weber was on the inside and lsot his spot. He hasn't been good enough all year to stay in the lineup regularly.

Andy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2012, 10:50 PM
ECWHSWI
5M? insulting!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy View Post
Why couldn't Weber just do what Emelin did and prove he belonged in teh lineup? Emelin was on the outside looking in. Weber was on the inside and lsot his spot. He hasn't been good enough all year to stay in the lineup regularly.
He sure isnt bad enough to lose his spot over a guy like Campoli (Campoli calisse!!)... and he sure will never improve enough by playing forward...

and... based on tonight game (small sample I know) he sure isnt making any more mistakes than Subban or Diaz...

but when it's those guys making mistakes we always hear "hey! they're young, they need to play so they'll improve"... well if it's a good reason for them to keep playing, should be good enough for him to have some ice-time on D... he's only they youngest afterall...

besides, if Connie think he isnt good enough to get a somewhat regular shift on D... where did Connie got the idea he'd be good enough to play the last minute of a game we're trailing by one...

ECWHSWI is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2012, 11:21 PM
Dr_Hook

Quote:
I think they're making it tougher on him with all the balloting between 4rth line rw and D, often in the same game ! That's no way to developp a young player in my view.

It just seems the team has given up on him : he surely feels it, doesn't like it and will end up elsewhere soon. Not a tragedy or anything ; just another mismanaged young asset that we will have to trade for nothing...

Dr_Hook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2012, 11:37 PM
FlyingKostitsyn

vCash: 827
Quote:
Originally Posted by ECWHSWI View Post
and... based on tonight game (small sample I know) he sure isnt making any more mistakes than Subban or Diaz...
Weber would be extremely exposed and look reaaally bad if he played Subban's minutes.

FlyingKostitsyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2012, 11:39 PM
JohnLennon

He's one of the few who played well tonight. Just saying.

JohnLennon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2012, 01:01 AM
Teufelsdreck

Quote:
While he may never become a great D, chances are that next season (after trading him this summer for an average prospect or a 3rd)... we'll have to trade our 2nd round pick cause we'll be missing a shot on our pathetic PP...

and while Weber will play for league minimum elsewhere, the guy we'll acquire with our 2nd rounder will probably cost 3X that...

and people will come here whining, not underrstanding how we managed to let go of a D who's top 5 or top 10 (whole league) in goals scored on the PP...
Your sob story makes me cry but I'd gladly trade him for an average prospect or a 3rd rounder.

Teufelsdreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2012, 01:06 AM
Hackett
HF Needs Feeny

Quote:
Originally Posted by m00ks View Post
Why is everyone enamored with this kid. Nice shot but has little else to offer. Lacks poise in the offensive zone, very shaky positioning, zero takeaway ability and slow to turn on his skates.
Even the shot leaves alot to be desired. Unless you really put it in his wheelhouse and he actually gets it through traffic and on net, only then is it an effective shot.

Hackett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2012, 01:29 AM
MasterDecoy
Carlos Danger

too young and still too much upside to give up on now. he likely was brought up from hamilton too quickly. and then there's the waiver problem....

MasterDecoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2012, 01:35 AM
WhiskeySeven
Mr. Worldwide

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnLennon View Post
He's one of the few who played well tonight. Just saying.
Do you even watch games with any objectivity? He was really, really bad tonight.

WhiskeySeven is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2012, 01:49 AM
Darth Joker

I also think he's a younger MAB.

And with that type of player, you have to ask yourself if his PP offense is worth his defensive liability and/or him giving you a worse 4th line.

It's a double-edged sword, and I can see the argument either way.

In any case, if Weber is the final piece you need to add in order to acquire an impact player, then you do that trade, imo. I wouldn't get rid of him just for the sake of getting rid of him, though (i.e. trading him for a mid-round draft pick or a long-shot prospect).

Darth Joker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2012, 02:08 AM
chaosrevolver
Snubbed Again

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingKostitsyn View Post
Weber would be extremely exposed and look reaaally bad if he played Subban's minutes.
Yep, and against the players PK regularly faces.

chaosrevolver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2012, 02:22 AM
ECWHSWI
5M? insulting!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingKostitsyn View Post
Maybe, and the point isnt about wether he can play as well or better than Subban...

He may not have the energy or stamina to play 25 min a night anyway...

but 15 minutes ? pretty sure he can do it... no worse than a Campoli, Diaz and even Gill...

so, it's pretty much this
downside : he'll play as bad as those I mentionned
upside : he'll keep scoring on the PP and like most D his age, he'll improve his overall game.

Old
02-01-2012, 02:27 AM
ECWHSWI
5M? insulting!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Joker View Post
I also think he's a younger MAB.

And with that type of player, you have to ask yourself if his PP offense is worth his defensive liability and/or him giving you a worse 4th line.

It's a double-edged sword, and I can see the argument either way.

In any case, if Weber is the final piece you need to add in order to acquire an impact player, then you do that trade, imo. I wouldn't get rid of him just for the sake of getting rid of him, though (i.e. trading him for a mid-round draft pick or a long-shot prospect).
Despite his young age, inexperience and not so great defensive play, Weber is already miles ahead of MaB defensively...

Old
02-01-2012, 02:37 AM
lou4gehrig

Quote:
1. Bad positioning
2. Questionable hockeyIQ at the highest level
3. Very little to know poise. Handles the puck like it's a grenade.
Yeah after 88 games in a career most players peak. There's no chance to keep playing and improving.....

We should dump him like other busts like Ribeiro, Robidas, Beauchemin, Hainsey, O'Byrne, Latendresse, who were all not good enough to play in Montreal.

lou4gehrig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2012, 03:03 AM
ECWHSWI
5M? insulting!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lou4gehrig View Post
Yeah after 88 games in a career most players peak. There's no chance to keep playing and improving.....

We should dump him like other busts like Ribeiro, Robidas, Beauchemin, Hainsey, O'Byrne, Latendresse, who were all not good enough to play in Montreal.
think you forgot S. Kostystin, Grabovski, Streit in your list

Old
02-01-2012, 03:06 AM
ECWHSWI
5M? insulting!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hackett View Post
Even the shot leaves alot to be desired. Unless you really put it in his wheelhouse and he actually gets it through traffic and on net, only then is it an effective shot.
1sst for PP goals by a D-man on the Habs...
6th for PP goals by a D-man in the whole league...

Old
02-01-2012, 03:22 AM
WhiskeySeven
Mr. Worldwide

Quote:
1sst for PP goals by a D-man on the Habs...
6th for PP goals by a D-man in the whole league...
It's only 4 goals, calm down there.

Your other points are silly so I doubt anyone sane is going to bother. Just try to watch him play next time, if he's not traded by then.

Old
02-01-2012, 03:25 AM
m00ks

Quote:
think you forgot S. Kostystin, Grabovski, Streit in your list
Wow no. Weber is nowhere near as multidimensional as those guys.

His main sell is his shot that's it. He has a small frame and there are no other wrinkles in his game. He doesn't possess any defensive qualities that a, you know, dman is suppose to have.

One trick pony. And it's in the wrong side of the rink given his position.

m00ks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2012, 03:32 AM
ECWHSWI
5M? insulting!!!

Quote:
Wow no. Weber is nowhere near as multidimensional as those guys.

His main sell is his shot that's it. He has a small frame and there are no other wrinkles in his game. He doesn't possess any defensive qualities that a, you know, dman is suppose to have.

One trick pony. And it's in the wrong side of the rink given his position.
His trick seems to work fine, and given our rank on the PP, it's definitely on the right side of the rink.

Old
02-01-2012, 03:33 AM
ECWHSWI
5M? insulting!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiskeySeven View Post
It's only 4 goals, calm down there.

Your other points are silly
so I doubt anyone sane is going to bother. Just try to watch him play next time, if he's not traded by then.
What is silly is being 30th on the PP...

Old
02-01-2012, 03:38 AM
m00ks

Quote:
His trick seems to work fine, and given our rank on the PP, it's definitely on the right side of the rink.
If I'm a D-man and I'm going to excel in one thing and suck at everything else, I'd rather be good at "defending".

Old
02-01-2012, 03:38 AM
WhiskeySeven
Mr. Worldwide

Quote:
Quote:
What is silly is being 30th on the PP...
These points don't add up

Old
02-01-2012, 04:00 AM
ECWHSWI
5M? insulting!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiskeySeven View Post
These points don't add up
pretty easy, best point shot on the team, worst PP in the league... he's scratched more often than not... and when he's not, he plays on the 4th line...

Old
02-01-2012, 04:02 AM
ECWHSWI
5M? insulting!!!

Quote:
If I'm a D-man and I'm going to excel in one thing and suck at everything else, I'd rather be good at "defending".
if you're a 23 years old D, the youngest on your team, a team that is very unlikely to make the PO, all I'd hope for is for you to be "good at developping"

Old
02-01-2012, 04:07 AM
m00ks

Quote:
if you're a 23 years old D, the youngest on your team, a team that is very unlikely to make the PO, all I'd hope for is for you to be "good at developping"
Develop what? There's nothing there.