HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

3 Stars and GBR: #48 at Devils

Old
02-01-2012, 11:08 AM
Zuccarello Awesome*

vCash: 500
Also wanted to add, Stralman has been playing great, and unlike Eminger or Bickel, Stralman has the wheels and agility to skate himself out of trouble. Hes been better than expected.

Zuccarello Awesome* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2012, 12:43 PM
Blueshirt Special

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyGuy276 View Post
You are aware that a decent portion of your fellow Ranger fans are from New Jersey, right?
Just who are you calling DECENT buddy?

Last night's game was phoned in by Dolan to his buddy Slats: "Listen, devils gotta make the playoffs, need the MSG network revenue. Tell Torts, Lundqvist sits ok?, Lundqvist sits!"

Blueshirt Special is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2012, 01:48 PM
JerseyGuy276
An American Outlaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueshirt Special View Post
Just who are you calling DECENT buddy?

Last night's game was phoned in by Dolan to his buddy Slats: "Listen, devils gotta make the playoffs, need the MSG network revenue. Tell Torts, Lundqvist sits ok?, Lundqvist sits!"
Certainly not the guy who was sitting in front of me last night...

JerseyGuy276 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2012, 04:01 PM
NYRFAN218
Mac Truck

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSG the place to be View Post
One - It's funny to complain about the boards when nuMSG has a crater in one of the corners that changes the direction of the puck like 5 times a game at least.

Two - Blaming Biron or the decision to start Biron is a joke.

Three - Ilya Kovalchuk is the most underappreciated athlete I've ever witnessed. Everyone is getting on Biron for looking like a scared 2nd grader in the shootout. Well what about the dozen times where he danced around our guys in the neutral zone and we couldn't even lay a finger on him. One time that stands out he ABUSED Feds and Prust and then set up a guy in the slot. He made our whole team look like a pee wee team. He always does. He's got the puck carrying ability of Gomez, the speed of Hagelin, and the shot of Nedved. Sick sick player. I am very jealous.

Four - Great pass Marian...but that pass was a prime example of his physical limitations. How much mustard did he get on that pass? That thing was like a picky eater - hold the mustard. He just plays with so much stiffness. Not enough dexterity. AKA the popsicle stick syndrome. He's the anti-Kovalchuk and everyone knows what side I am on. Everyone brings up plays that result in goals but seem to ignore the rest of the game. Well after Gaborik got pancaked in the defensive zone (Clarkson maybe???) he gets up and the puck comes to him. Gaborik then coughs the puck right up to the Devils. No mention of that in the Game Thread. Trust me I looked.
I'm glad you brought up the fact that our building is even worse with that kind of stuff. That corner is brutal with bounces and our ice is quite possibly the worst in the league so no one shouldn't be complaining that "the arena sucks and cost us the game." **** happens, sometimes you get the bounces and sometimes you don't. We've gotten them in the past (Sean Avery goal in game 2 v. Atlanta in 07 says hi) and will get them in the future as well. Just happened that it went the other way last night.

Biron did a solid job last night, he was not the reason why we lost. He held down the fort for us and came up with key saves. The only goal that he maybe should have stopped was the first one but that was it. You can't ask much more of your backup in a game like that. Had Henrik played we may have walked out of their with two points but that's a testament to how great Henrik is and not a knock on Biron at all.

02-01-2012, 04:10 PM
DevilChuk*
(not that -chuk)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bipolar View Post
Conspiracy time!

The Devils cheated in the shootout. The Zamboni guys never went over the Devils crease, and barely along their sides. The refs told the driver to do it, but he kept refusing , until he just got sent off.

Yes, I'm serious
Err.. I was at the game and they were having a problem with the moorings in Brodeur's crease. The ref finally was able to remove them and then redirected the Zamboni BACK over the portion of ice he wasn't able to do at first.

He definitely did both sides and didn't refuse to do anything.. don't think the refs nor the NHL would allow that. Thats why the whole zamboni thing took a long ass time.

Anyways, not sure how missing the crease would have hurt the Rangers.. considering Brodeur was the one manning the crease and none of the shots were actually taken from inside the crease area itself.

DevilChuk* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2012, 04:18 PM
Jabroni
The People's Champ

https://twitter.com/#!/NYDNRangers/s...34138145292288

Quote:
@NYDNRangers
Pat Leonard
Devils' Eric Boulton fined the max $2,500 for slashing Mike Rupp early in the 2nd period last night #NYR

Jabroni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2012, 04:43 PM
Blueshirt Special

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilChuk View Post
Err.. I was at the game and they were having a problem with the moorings in Brodeur's crease. The ref finally was able to remove them and then redirected the Zamboni BACK over the portion of ice he wasn't able to do at first.

He definitely did both sides and didn't refuse to do anything.. don't think the refs nor the NHL would allow that. Thats why the whole zamboni thing took a long ass time.

Anyways, not sure how missing the crease would have hurt the Rangers.. considering Brodeur was the one manning the crease and none of the shots were actually taken from inside the crease area itself.
Yeah sure, sure. And the Patriots didn't bring out a snow-blower before they kicked a field goal either.

Blueshirt Special is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2012, 04:45 PM
Rangers Fail
4 8 15 16 23 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jabroni1994 View Post
And yet, it's not called a penalty in the game?

Rangers Fail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2012, 04:53 PM
wolfgaze
Interesting Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jabroni1994 View Post
Why is the NHL's maximum fine amount such a joke? $2500 is pocket change to the vast majority of these players. If you make $1 mil in salary per year, $2500 isn't even close to being 1% of your salary, it's a quarter of 1%.

wolfgaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2012, 04:54 PM
wolfgaze
Interesting Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henriks Broadway Hat View Post
And yet, it's not called a penalty in the game?
I don't even recall seeing it during the broadcast. Slashes can go undetected. There was lots of interference last night. Players picking each other off. Refs weren't calling any of it.

wolfgaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2012, 04:54 PM
Rangers Fail
4 8 15 16 23 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfgaze View Post
Why is the NHL's maximum fine amount such a joke? $2500 is pocket change to the vast majority of these players. If you make $1 mil in salary per year, $2500 isn't even close to being 1% of your salary, it's a quarter of 1%.
Most allowed by the CBA. That'll be something they're looking at this summer too.

Old
02-01-2012, 04:56 PM
Kane One
Global Moderator
🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨

vCash: 3075
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfgaze View Post
I will bet that will be changed for the next CBA. But most likely that will be some negotiation chip.

02-01-2012, 05:02 PM
Fitzy
All Is Well

vCash: 50
To be clear MSG... are you criticizing a beautiful play/pass by Gaborik that got us a late go ahead goal because it didn't have enough "mustard" on it?

02-01-2012, 05:26 PM
Rangers Fail
4 8 15 16 23 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fitzy View Post
To be clear MSG... are you criticizing a beautiful play/pass by Gaborik that got us a late go ahead goal because it didn't have enough "mustard" on it?
Gaborik could score 4 goals in a game, fan on an open net for the fifth one, and MSG would be complaining about it.

Old
02-01-2012, 06:31 PM
Jumbo*
TARGET: ACQUIRED

Thats why Biron should not have started. Easy win with Hank in net. Huge softy on the first goal, and god forbid he makes a big save at the end there. Yea it was a bad bounce but right when that happened I knew he was going to give it up.

Jumbo* is offline   Reply With Quote